2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some values I found to be high based on these games actual values

fallout 76 ps4 gets 19 after bonus/pro

Mario Kart Wii - 32
Grand Theft Auto 4 vanilla Xbox 360 - 9
Wii Sports - 19.20
Smash Brawl - 24
watch dogs legion ps4 -

modern warfare PS4 - 20

black ops 1 Xbox 360 - 12

black ops 2 Xbox 360 - 19

Wii remote (not plus) -16

cyberpunk 2077 -19
Where are these prices coming from?? Looking into trading my Cyberpunk and WD Legion.

Do games worth $2 count towards the 5 game/50% promo? I have only 4 modern games I want to trade in but nothing else. Dug around and found Portal 2 for PS3 and Lego Batman on VITA, each worth $2. Would one of those suffice trigger the 5 games?

Thank you!

Traded in another few controllers and 5 games. How much do y’all add to one trade card before getting a new one? I figure having too much on one is suspicious.

Do games worth $2 count towards the 5 game/50% promo? I have only 4 modern games I want to trade in but nothing else. Dug around and found Portal 2 for PS3 and Lego Batman on VITA, each worth $2. Would one of those suffice trigger the 5 games?

Thank you!
I tried a bunch with Fallout 76 Xbox, which is worth $1.50, and it bumped up to $2.40. So anything worth $1.50 at least seems to be good.

this store just tried to put refurb fees on my cart only switch games
i bought them all from gamestop are they trying to say their own shit stinks or what

this store just tried to put refurb fees on my cart only switch games
i bought them all from gamestop are they trying to say their own shit stinks or what
Yup, this has happened to me so many times. I still remember over a decade ago trading in a copy of Two Worlds I bought at the same Gamestop just a couple of weeks prior and they tried to hit me with so many refurb fees it went negative.

they didnt even say anything was just gonna let it go through and not say anything to me about it, i waited til the end to point it out cause i wanted to see how far theyd go

make sure to watch the screen i guess
tried to hack off 7 dollars on my spotless mario

Wasnt sure if this was stated yet, but just got wind the 50% promo for accessories ends tomorrow. The 50% promo on games ends 10/9

If I redeem my points for a coupon to purchase Fifa and then trade it in for the G2L, will I still receive $59.99 in trade credit back?
Yes, you get trade in credit for what the game is worth within 2 days. Doesn't matter if you use points. That's why people suggest using points on a G2L and trading it in to convert points to credit

just got done with a trade in, in my case the 50% bonus was only working with groups of 5. i ended up keeping sackboy ps5 because the value tanked yesterday, or at some point this week. it was $17, dropped to $9. after that i had an 11th game that didnt get any bonus (it was an old $2 value game) also traded in some joy cons and the new version black xbox controller. She checked the xbox controller but not the joy cons, which seems to be the norm for anyone worried about a drift related refurb fee.

How should I go about trading in a PS4 as far as the profile goes? Should I format it, update it and put a fake profile on there? I really don't trust the idiots that work at Gamestop with my profile that has my PS+ account and info on it

How should I go about trading in a PS4 as far as the profile goes? Should I format it, update it and put a fake profile on there? I really don't trust the idiots that work at Gamestop with my profile that has my PS+ account and info on it
I've either put a dummy PSN account on it with a throwaway email (make sure you know the info for when they sign in) or in the case where my profile was on it, I sat there and made sure they formatted it.

Why are the zelda joy-cons less trade in value than the other joy-cons? And are new gen xbox controllers superior than last gen (as far as connectivity, input, lag, etc)? Also will gamestop take a joy-con with broken joy stick?

Why are the zelda joy-cons less trade in value than the other joy-cons? And are new gen xbox controllers superior than last gen (as far as connectivity, input, lag, etc)? Also will gamestop take a joy-con with broken joy stick?
Where'd you find the trade in value for the Zelda ones? Nothing shows up for me on the trade in page. The new Xbox controllers seem to just be build better and some people prefer the new triggers on them, but it seems that for connectivity, lag, etc; it's identical.

There was a guy before who tried to trade in a xbox controller with a broken stick and they didn't take it. I saw on other threads that the store charged a repair fee, but they'll most likely not take it.

So what exactly are the thresholds for getting banned again? I traded in like 5 consoles I had lying around (all PS4 and Xbox) and got about $1400 in credit, half of which I used on a ps5 bundle yesterday. Hope I don’t get banned but if I do, whatever.

Where'd you find the trade in value for the Zelda ones? Nothing shows up for me on the trade in page. The new Xbox controllers seem to just be build better and some people prefer the new triggers on them, but it seems that for connectivity, lag, etc; it's identical.

There was a guy before who tried to trade in a xbox controller with a broken stick and they didn't take it. I saw on other threads that the store charged a repair fee, but they'll most likely not take it.
The guy had a controller with a joystick that broke off his controller so if everything is still attached it might just be a refurb fee.

Yeah I saw the Fortnite and Zelda joycon were trading less than standard. Take that, scalpers! 😜 even more funny that Xbox series controller with USB cable trades for $6 less than without the cable.

Do they usually check if the system takes discs? My PS4 Pro was a little slow taking in and ejecting discs and I was worried about a refurb fee, but when he tested the console and controller he did not check if it took and read discs. I have an original Xbox One that doesn't take discs or read them half the time, but sometimes does. If they don't usually check I would trade it in.

Just remember, don't expect anything of quality if u decide to purchase anything that was the result of this Trade in Promo

Do they usually check if the system takes discs? My PS4 Pro was a little slow taking in and ejecting discs and I was worried about a refurb fee, but when he tested the console and controller he did not check if it took and read discs. I have an original Xbox One that doesn't take discs or read them half the time, but sometimes does. If they don't usually check I would trade it in.
Just be honest man. I told them I had issues sometimes with the PS4 PRO not taking discs. He said oh its a issue he has with his, and said not to worry about it.

I find that weird too. I trade in my launch switch joycon for $64 and buy the zelda one for $78b after price match. $14 upgrade fee not that bad

Just be honest man. I told them I had issues sometimes with the PS4 PRO not taking discs. He said oh its a issue he has with his, and said not to worry about it.
The last thing I am looking for is a reason for them to look to give me refurb fees. I'd have to think saying "yeah, my console doesn't work so great" would be a reason for them to really look for scratches/whatever reason they make up to charge me more fees. I wasn't being dishonest, trading to GS is more like "here is my console, put it through your tests and make me an offer."

I find that weird too. I trade in my launch switch joycon for $64 and buy the zelda one for $78b after price match. $14 upgrade fee not that bad
Wait, why the zelda ones though? are those joycons better or less susceptible to drift? Or is it just that you like the look? Curious if I should do the same and get "new ones" for a small fee

Wait, why the zelda ones though? are those joycons better or less susceptible to drift? Or is it just that you like the look? Curious if I should do the same and get "new ones" for a small fee
If your Joycons are old, like a year or more. I'd do it anyway for the cheap upgrade to newer ones.

360 controllers need the AA back won't take one with battery back if anybody was wondering. They tested Switch wired controller(took it as wireless) and Series X controller but didn't test Joy Cons.
What about the Xbox One controllers? Hope those don't require the battery cover, and they'll just charge a refurb fee as I bought some controllers secondhand (to flip) and one of them is missing the battery cover...

Anyone try to trade in a switch to see if the 50 bonus stacks on that? I saw some saying it might for the docked version.

Just remember, don't expect anything of quality if u decide to purchase anything that was the result of this Trade in Promo
I only traded in a few janky items (slight drift, mushy button), and they all came like that from GameStop in the first place. Shit, one of the Xbox controllers I got from them had a bad right bumper that I fixed before I traded it in :p

Another dumb question maybe, but something I never thought about - what's the difference between G2L and just returning a game normally?

How are you getting those trade values? I just looked online, and Gamestop is only offering $22 for each joycon

Another dumb question maybe, but something I never thought about - what's the difference between G2L and just returning a game normally?
If you buy a game new without G2L and open it, they probably won't return it - if they do, they'll just allow you to get a new copy of the same game upon return.

If you buy a game used however, you have like 7 days to return it for something else. Just don't abuse the policy as some stores don't like excessive returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back