2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in my VCR xbone, and some joycons. Had no issues.

The price on the app is including the $50 bonus right?

I have a PS4 pro that sometimes needs to be slapped to load disks. Is this something employees check?

Can anyone just answer about console bonus? I checked all my emails and went back 8ish pages. Is there one? Or terms? Anyone??

Can anyone just answer about console bonus? I checked all my emails and went back 8ish pages. Is there one? Or terms? Anyone??
There is. Or there was. I think the offer for the console bonus ended on 10/2 AFAIK

As for accessories and games I believe there's still a bonus offer going on for those.

I have a PlayStation gold headset (black) the ear cuffs pleather material is breaking off, can I trade that in?

No. It's 5 of a same-SKU item in a rolling 90-day period that gets you a 90-day ban automatically. You can trade in 4 of anything safely except for in fringe junior detective cases.

It's same-SKU which is why you can trade in 8 left/right joycons, because L and R are each a separate SKU. Or for copies of a cross-platform game - it's 4 per platform. YMMV with employees caring about the 1 copy of a game per trade per day - I have a manager near me that will do 4+ copies of anything, I think they are unaware of the limits internally.
Can other people confirm that 5 of same item = 90 day ban, 4 of same item = good to go? This whole time I thought it was 4 of the same item is a ban.

No. It's 5 of a same-SKU item in a rolling 90-day period that gets you a 90-day ban automatically. You can trade in 4 of anything safely except for in fringe junior detective cases.

It's same-SKU which is why you can trade in 8 left/right joycons, because L and R are each a separate SKU. Or for copies of a cross-platform game - it's 4 per platform. YMMV with employees caring about the 1 copy of a game per trade per day - I have a manager near me that will do 4+ copies of anything, I think they are unaware of the limits internally.

GTFO

Tell the associate to look it up using "911". Seriously, apparently Xbox 360 controllers (and possibly other controllers) are under that designation.

Edit:
https://amp.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/8tccvw/new_employee_here_when_looking_up_games_systems/
The 4 trade ins was always the safe magical number, but as of late people have been reporting being trade banned after 4. So YMMV, do so at your own risk.

I never actually read the first page before. :shock:

I must've just misunderstood someone saying something like "4 is the limit" and thought they meant 4 was the number to stay away from.
Also just to clarify the first 90 in my post should have been 30. Editiing at 1am means mistakes happen.

I did a single trade on 10/1 that included 4 copies each of Wii Sports & Mario Kart Wii, 2 copies each of Mario Party DS, NSMBU Wii, COD Blops 360, Mario All-Stars Wii, & Wii Sports Resort, 4 Wiimotes, and a bunch of other stuff to total 35 games & 5 controllers in all for $800+ in credit. Will be doing a small test trade Friday morning to see if I'm still good to go, but it won't be the store manager that did me in if not, it would be farther down the chain or in the system, due to the DL, or otherwise, etc.

Traded in my VCR xbone, and some joycons. Had no issues.

The price on the app is including the $50 bonus right?

I have a PS4 pro that sometimes needs to be slapped to load disks. Is this something employees check?
The values on the app/website do not include the $50 bonus. In the past I have had an employee check discs when I have traded in Xbox and PS4 systems, but definitely YMMV depending on employee. Traded in a switch the other day and they just made sure it was able to reset and then connect to the internet, didn't pop a game in and test it.

Regular switch? Did you get a bump or the 220 on site? Thanks

The values on the app/website do not include the $50 bonus. In the past I have had an employee check discs when I have traded in Xbox and PS4 systems, but definitely YMMV depending on employee. Traded in a switch the other day and they just made sure it was able to reset and then connect to the internet, didn't pop a game in and test it.

Also just to clarify the first 90 in my post should have been 30. Editiing at 1am means mistakes happen.

I did a single trade on 10/1 that included 4 copies each of Wii Sports & Mario Kart Wii, 2 copies each of Mario Party DS, NSMBU Wii, COD Blops 360, Mario All-Stars Wii, & Wii Sports Resort, 4 Wiimotes, and a bunch of other stuff to total 35 games & 5 controllers in all for $800+ in credit. Will be doing a small test trade Friday morning to see if I'm still good to go, but it won't be the store manager that did me in if not, it would be farther down the chain or in the system, due to the DL, or otherwise, etc.
Yeah, I've been reading Corp is flagging trades more often now, not the store associates. You were right about the 5+ being instant trade ban, but now 4 seems to be flagged manually, I should've explained that

For the trade 5, get 50 % bonus, is it just games, or can you mix and match games and accessories?   For example, would I get the bonus if I had 3 games and 2 controllers?

For the trade 5, get 50 % bonus, is it just games, or can you mix and match games and accessories? For example, would I get the bonus if I had 3 games and 2 controllers?
5 games to get full 50%, controllers automatically get the 50% bonus

Has anyone placed any orders lately (in the past day) that haven't shown up under your accounts orders page?
Yep - known issue, I called CS and they said they placed a ticket on it. Seems like them removing the weekly ads from the site screwed up some coding lol

Can you change the payment on GameStop.com from a credit card to a gift card? I pre-ordered an OLED Switch and have like $500 in GS credit I just got from trading in some games.

Can you change the payment on GameStop.com from a credit card to a gift card? I pre-ordered an OLED Switch and have like $500 in GS credit I just got from trading in some games.
I did once but it was a total hassle and involved customer support. I also didn't get the item in time becasue it showed in the system as a new order so it pushed back the delivery. I'd honestly let the order go through if you can and return re-ring at a store with the credit. A lot less bullshit.

This is obscure but if you have a Discover credit card, you can redeem your cash back for gift cards. Right now there’s 10% off GameStop gift cards but even better, those “happy” gift cards are 20% off and one includes GameStop.

So my game coin finally showed up in my Active Offers section on the bottom  next to my monthly PUR cert and it says it is in-store only? I tried using it on Alan Wake online and it says it is ineligible. Though my PUR also says in-store only and works lol

So my game coin finally showed up in my Active Offers section on the bottom next to my monthly PUR cert and it says it is in-store only? I tried using it on Alan Wake online and it says it is ineligible. Though my PUR also says in-store only and works lol
Yes, GameCoin is in-store only. Is yours for Lost Judgment? I still don't see mine.

I don't think I've traded a game into Gamestop in 20 years but I am curious, why do they care if someone trades in 4 or 5 of the same item?  If they have too many of a particular title then why not just deny the trade for that reason?  I don't understand the whole thing where they ban people for trading in 4 or 5 of the same items, what is the rationale behind that?

I don't think I've traded a game into Gamestop in 20 years but I am curious, why do they care if someone trades in 4 or 5 of the same item? If they have too many of a particular title then why not just deny the trade for that reason? I don't understand the whole thing where they ban people for trading in 4 or 5 of the same items, what is the rationale behind that?
To prevent theft. They used to use a system called "Merlin" that would track suspicious shit across PUR accounts. Iirc it would assign a sketchiness score, things like a post void, would warrant a look at

I don't think I've traded a game into Gamestop in 20 years but I am curious, why do they care if someone trades in 4 or 5 of the same item? If they have too many of a particular title then why not just deny the trade for that reason? I don't understand the whole thing where they ban people for trading in 4 or 5 of the same items, what is the rationale behind that?
How many people would have 4 or 5 of the same item? Even controllers would be pushing it. It's just a general rule to prevent resellers from exploiting their prices or policies. I don't think they expect many legitimate customers to trade in 4 copies of one item, so they see no reason to program an automatic block when you hit that limit. The trade ban will catch resellers who probably do end up costing them money since GS can't be expected to know the prices of every item that their competitors sell.

Yes, GameCoin is in-store only. Is yours for Lost Judgment? I still don't see mine.
Yeah mine is for Lost Judgment. I ordered Lost Judgment online if that means anything. It specifically says Game Coin - PUR - Lost Judgment and showed up on the bottom of my "active offer" list next to my monthly $5 PUR code.

Yeah mine is for Lost Judgment. I ordered Lost Judgment online if that means anything. It specifically says Game Coin - PUR - Lost Judgment and showed up on the bottom of my "active offer" list next to my monthly $5 PUR code.
Interesting, I wasn't sure if online purchases qualified for the GameCoin offer--thanks. Maybe they're processing online orders separately from in-store? Hopefully I get my GameCoin by tomorrow. :pray:

Can someone here help me with the math on my potential trade in? I've got a Star Wars PS4 Pro with the controller it came with and all the cables. That would be worth $325 store credit as long as I sign up for a $14.99 membership. That's easy to understand. I have 6 games I would want to trade in with it. The games are: MLB The Show 20, Uncharted Collection, Uncharted 4, Watch Dogs, The Last Guardian and Basara 4 best price(I can't find that game on their website so I doubt they take it). Is this the correct understanding of how trading in games works with the promo:

50% trade-in credit on 5 of your games + extra 30% trade-in credit on the remaining games? So as long as I make sure they scan the highest game first, I just add up all the values and that's the total I would get store credit for the games? Do they add up all 5 games and then tact on 50% or add 50% to every game up to 5? I added up the trade values of all the games except Basara and added in the 50% and got $29.70. Is that right? I would get $355 store credit? How many rewards points would I get or is that only if you make a purchase?

Site/app down for me all day. Anyone else?

Didn't mean to post, the first one said it didn't go through

Can someone here help me with the math on my potential trade in? I've got a Star Wars PS4 Pro with the controller it came with and all the cables. That would be worth $325 store credit as long as I sign up for a $14.99 membership. That's easy to understand. I have 6 games I would want to trade in with it. The games are: MLB The Show 20, Uncharted Collection, Uncharted 4, Watch Dogs, The Last Guardian and Basara 4 best price(I can't find that game on their website so I doubt they take it). Is this the correct understanding of how trading in games works with the promo:

50% trade-in credit on 5 of your games + extra 30% trade-in credit on the remaining games? So as long as I make sure they scan the highest game first, I just add up all the values and that's the total I would get store credit for the games? Do they add up all 5 games and then tact on 50% or add 50% to every game up to 5? I added up the trade values of all the games except Basara and added in the 50% and got $29.70. Is that right? I would get $355 store credit? How many rewards points would I get or is that only if you make a purchase?
That's a lot to process. Math aside, if you're going to dump them, this is the best time I can recall in the past year or so to do so. Get the pro account first, then do the trade-ins. Games get an extra 50% on top of their normal trade-in value today for this week only.

No. It's 5 of a same-SKU item in a rolling 30-day period that gets you a 90-day ban automatically. You can trade in 4 of anything safely except for in fringe junior detective cases.

I’m going to add this little note; the wrist straps are not part of a joycon, and have their own SKU (for like 2 bucks) that is not L/R specific. If you trade in 4 joycon pairs, with all the wrist straps, you will bust the trade limit on the wrist straps.

Word to the wise who are still doing this: don't place an order with multiples of the same game. I got burned twice with two $6 games, but I'll hold off calling in for being flagged...

Another message board says you can have the gamestop employee transfer your credit to Amazon cash. I would think that with the $14.99 membership you are buying that you would want to keep the credit with Gamestop but it's cool that you have the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back