2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I wasn't sure if online purchases qualified for the GameCoin offer--thanks. Maybe they're processing online orders separately from in-store? Hopefully I get my GameCoin by tomorrow. :pray:
I got mine today from Lost Judgment (online order) as well. Oddly, they refunded my money because the game never showed up, but gave me the game coin anyway. Not that I’m complaining, but the fact that the offer is in-store only AND expires in 9 days is complete bullchit on their part. I’ll stick to Best Buy’s $10 in points whenever it’s available.

Another message board says you can have the gamestop employee transfer your credit to Amazon cash. I would think that with the $14.99 membership you are buying that you would want to keep the credit with Gamestop but it's cool that you have the option.
I was shot down a few days ago trying to buy Google currency, so that is very unexpected.

Word to the wise who are still doing this: don't place an order with multiples of the same game. I got burned twice with two $6 games, but I'll hold off calling in for being flagged...
Interesting, I've done so in the past two weeks and I don't think i've been flagged yet...

Another message board says you can have the gamestop employee transfer your credit to Amazon cash. I would think that with the $14.99 membership you are buying that you would want to keep the credit with Gamestop but it's cool that you have the option.
You can't. That was shut down years ago. Amazon/Ebay/Vanilla Visa are all restricted tender, both Amazon cash and Amazon posa are blocked.

Looks like the website is pushing used phones more prominently on the website now, so I guess you can say you traded in 40 copies of Wii Sports for an iPhone 12pro!  :cold:

My Gamestop called and they are doing Far Cry 6 release tomorrow 6-9pm. Anyone know if getting it early will screw up the game coin? Did any other Gamestops not get Alan Wake Remaster yet? I was in there around lunch time and they didn't get them yet and the guy who just called couldn't find them either.

My Gamestop called and they are doing Far Cry 6 release tomorrow 6-9pm. Anyone know if getting it early will screw up the game coin? Did any other Gamestops not get Alan Wake Remaster yet? I was in there around lunch time and they didn't get them yet and the guy who just called couldn't find them either.
I'm considering it but I guess it means I won't be able to price-match Walmart's usual $50 price since it undoubtedly won't be out on their shelves by then. Clever.

I don't think it would affect Game Coin but I usually end up having to call about those anyway.

Far Cry 6 is G2L and has $10 game coin. If you pick it up Wed, you have until Saturday night to beat it and trade it in for $60.

It's an Ubisoft game so it's gonna drop like a rock in price.

I'm going to beat it and pick it up again when it's $10 on Black Friday.

I got the Far Cry 6 UE, I had credit to use and wanted the steelbook plus we get Blood Dragon with the season pass.

Far Cry 6 is G2L and has $10 game coin. If you pick it up Wed, you have until Saturday night to beat it and trade it in for $60.

That's the plan! Definitely going to $25/20 by BF. I imagine they'll be a discount on the Season Pass on XBL before much comes out for it as well.

I went in today to trade a Xbox Elite controller (series 1) and they told me they no longer accept trades on those, they offered to take it as a regular xbox controller but then withdraw, it supposedly got recalled from GS and they only deal with the Elite Series 2 ($112.5 Base)

I went in today to trade a Xbox Elite controller (series 1) and they told me they no longer accept trades on those, they offered to take it as a regular xbox controller but then withdraw, it supposedly got recalled from GS and they only deal with the Elite Series 2 ($112.5 Base)
I was just able to trade in an Xbox Elite controller. At first the guy said the same thing, but then he found it. I got $56 for it after the bonuses. Receipt shows #119518 911, that might help.

Side note, I grabbed an Elite Series 2 from Target with the sale and the 10% electronics. Came to about $133 after red card. That is a really nice controller. Was gonna try and wait to get the Master Chief one, but had to jump on the discounts.

Thank you for the confirmation on G2L. By the way is that early release only if you're getting the steelbook version or something? I've just went with the regular version for now and planning on getting it back during black friday when the versions with the season pass should have dropped in price.

Yeah mine is for Lost Judgment. I ordered Lost Judgment online if that means anything. It specifically says Game Coin - PUR - Lost Judgment and showed up on the bottom of my "active offer" list next to my monthly $5 PUR code.
Hmm, i pick up my lost judgment in store on launch day and didn't get the game coin yet

Does this mean Elite Series 2 would trade in for $180 after the 60% bonus (with pro)?

I got a call about my Far Cry 6 pre-order to pick it up tomorrow, and I just have the standard edition.
Now that you mention it, I just realized my local gamestop tried to call me earlier lol. Guess I will wait until they open tomorrow and call to see if I can come pick up the game at opening or have to wait for kind of like a midnight release type thing.

Does this mean Elite Series 2 would trade in for $180 after the 60% bonus (with pro)?
Geez. I'm taking mine in and getting a brand new one lol

edit: didn't even realize they were on sale for $150. I'll take $30 to trade in my controller for a brand new one :)

Geez. I'm taking mine in and getting a brand new one lol

edit: didn't even realize they were on sale for $150. I'll take $30 to trade in my controller for a brand new one :)
I called 1 store right before it closed and they said $75 base so 50% on top would be $112.50

I have Alan Wake preordered and got a call today saying my copy would arrive tomorrow.

I called 1 store right before it closed and they said $75 base so the $112 might be wrong.
That's what showed ($112.50) on the little POS screen when she thought it was a series 2 elite, then this other guy came in and pointed at it being a series 1, I didnt get as far as giving them my # and ID so no PRO extras were applied to the trade at that time.

I was just able to trade in an Xbox Elite controller. At first the guy said the same thing, but then he found it. I got $56 for it after the bonuses. Receipt shows #119518 911, that might help.

Side note, I grabbed an Elite Series 2 from Target with the sale and the 10% electronics. Came to about $133 after red card. That is a really nice controller. Was gonna try and wait to get the Master Chief one, but had to jump on the discounts.
Did the same, also had a $25 gift card and 5% redcard. Came to about $110 and thats why I wanted to trade in that old Elite, works fine and is in perfect shape only the left stick is looser than the right one (or any other new controller) from all the use from the last 3 or 4 yrs I had it.

Thanks for the trade in SKU, will try again tomorrow with that info at a different store.

Question...

IF Gamestop happens to get PS5 or Series X stock, would it be a situation where I have to camp at a store, or is it online only?

Word to the wise who are still doing this: don't place an order with multiples of the same game. I got burned twice with two $6 games, but I'll hold off calling in for being flagged...
Eh, if they didn't want people ordering multiple copies of things, why would they give you the option?

Got a weird GS issue with an order. Way back I did a web instore order for the Metroid Amiibo. I ordered 2x of them to qualify for free shipping. I just got an email saying my payment method was declined and it says gift card as the method. It wants me to update my payment method. I'm pretty sure I didn't use a gift card when I placed the order (but I can't be sure). 

I don't have an issue updating to a CC. But if I did use a gift card originally, what then? It seems really weird. 

Got a weird GS issue with an order. Way back I did a web instore order for the Metroid Amiibo. I ordered 2x of them to qualify for free shipping. I just got an email saying my payment method was declined and it says gift card as the method. It wants me to update my payment method. I'm pretty sure I didn't use a gift card when I placed the order (but I can't be sure).

I don't have an issue updating to a CC. But if I did use a gift card originally, what then? It seems really weird.
Same thing happened to me, but with the Metroid: Special Edition game. I did a web instore order and used my GS PowerUpRewards Credit Card as payment (I have the receipt!), and when I went to check the order status on my GS Account, it too said payment made by "Gift Card". I didn't want to risk having the game NOT be shipped so close to release date, so I just updated the payment using a different CC.

Once I did this, they ping charged my new CC and now just shipped out my game via FedEx....thank god it's on it's way!

GameStop website lags on updating info., so if you do this it won't be reflected right away if you refresh the order the page (I have other orders that I changed that didn't show reflection until several days after!) I don't know what GS is doing on their backend on the technical side of things with all their supposed site upgrades for the past year, but overall their website indeed sucks!

Anyone's Metroid Dread SE ship yet? Got an email saying it was ready to ship soon, but website still says awaiting availability.  :oldman:

All in store web orders will show gift card. That's what they are technically doing is charging you for a gift card that then funds the web order. It shouldn't decline or give payment errors cause the gift card was already paid for and should be fully funded though.

Friday releases won't ship until Thursday if you had next day shipment chosen,   possibly Friday shipping if you didn't.

Heads up to anyone looking, I stopped by my local gamestop yesterday and the manager informed me they did get in a limited number of Metroid Dread SE and the amiibo packs for friday. So if you're still looking I'd suggest going in at open to snag one. 

Anyone have any experience trading in an elite controller with a missing paddle? Would they still take it in, but as defective, or would they need all pieces to accept the controller?

I had this weird brief window where Battlefield 2042 was showing up as $15 off, but when I went to checkout it wasn't there. Anyone else experience glitchy web store stuff life that?

I had this weird brief window where Battlefield 2042 was showing up as $15 off, but when I went to checkout it wasn't there. Anyone else experience glitchy web store stuff life that?
Do you have $15 in certificates or points? Sometimes the website will just auto add your points to stuff and not explain why it's lower.

Do you have $15 in certificates or points? Sometimes the website will just auto add your points to stuff and not explain why it's lower.
That's what I wondered. I haven't used my $5 code this month, but I only have around 8600 points which isn't quite there for the extra $10. Weird.

Friday releases won't ship until Thursday if you had next day shipment chosen, possibly Friday shipping if you didn't.
Sounds about right. Who picks next day shipping on a cheapass forum? (not me!) I just got an email saying the FedEx label has been created and awaiting carrier pickup so assume it will be coming out of Texas Friday and arriving hopefully Monday.

Looks to be pretty big! (TWSS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back