2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I brought in 10 games earlier this week, the 6th-9th games didn't get 50% until the 10th game was scanned in. Maybe it's a regional thing.
I had a few games that didn't get the boost, I think they were all the low value ones like $2 or under. I have to double check.

Got a xbox one s for $60 today, traded it in for $215 in credit.
I have no idea how you bought it for such little money but I wonder how many people will do what you did and buy them and then just trade them for more at GameStop. I currently see PlayStation 4 and Xbox consoles of all different models from 150 to 300. If you were able to buy a PS4 Pro or a One X for like $220-250 and then trade them in for 325 store credit, that's really good.

I have no idea how you bought it for such little money but I wonder how many people will do what you did and buy them and then just trade them for more at GameStop. I currently see PlayStation 4 and Xbox consoles of all different models from 150 to 300. If you were able to buy a PS4 Pro or a One X for like $220-250 and then trade them in for 325 store credit, that's really good.
Patience, persistence and some luck really. Being the first to spot the deal and offer helps.

I'd only consider buying a Pro or One X at those prices and trading in if they came with games as well.

Am I unlikely to get the game coin if I pick up Far Cry 6 tomorrow? I was being stupid and didn't just preorder and pay in full for the game last time I was at GameStop over the weekend. Generally I thought you had to preorder and pay in full before release date, to get the game coin?

Traded in my PS4 Pro tonight, they were out of trade cards so they out the credit onto gift cards. The way it was rung up it shows it as purchasing the gift cards so should be able to double dip on points which is nice. Never seen them out of trade cards before.

Am I unlikely to get the game coin if I pick up Far Cry 6 tomorrow? I was being stupid and didn't just preorder and pay in full for the game last time I was at GameStop over the weekend. Generally I thought you had to preorder and pay in full before release date, to get the game coin?
You actually don't even have to pre order. From the website:

PowerUp members get $10 Game Coin when you purchase Far Cry 6 from 10/7/21 – 10/13/21. Game Coin is delivered to member’s active offers within 72 hours of purchase. Coupon is valid until 10/27/21. Limit one per customer. Taxes and shipping may apply. Terms subject to change

Picked up my overpriced Far Cry 6 Ultimate cause I'm a steelbook nut. And redeemed the ultimate code. Did not unlock season pass... is this a gamestop or ubisoft issue to fight? I'm guessing ubisoft

Edit.. strange. In xbox store doesn't say owned. In game says purchased. Maybe it's all good.

Picked up my overpriced Far Cry 6 Ultimate cause I'm a steelbook nut. And redeemed the ultimate code. Did not unlock season pass... is this a gamestop or ubisoft issue to fight? I'm guessing ubisoft

Edit.. strange. In xbox store doesn't say owned. In game says purchased. Maybe it's all good.
It's probably just a timing issue since the game technically releases 10/7 and PSN/XBL tend to update in the early morning, so all should be fine by this (Thursday) afternoon.

So what do I need to trade in a Switch console besides the system and power cord to get full value. I feel like getting rid of my V1 version and am interested in getting an OLED because of the terrible battery life of the V1.

Switch console, 1 set of joycons, 2 joycon straps, hdmi cable, the joycon holder controller thing, dock, official nintendo ac cord

I just redeemed some points for a PUR cert and the expiry date is 10/31. Last month I also redeemed some points for a PUR cert and it expired at the end of the month. I guess Gamestop has changed the expiry dates for the PUR certs to the end of the month instead of it lasting for 3 months.

it went live for PUR members at 11AM EST
For hot ticket items, is it even advised to use trade credit? GS website sucks as is, but couple that with a fast moving item and I feel like I would get charged but wouldn't actually have the sale processed.

Never actually bought anything besides black friday stuff, where it could go out of stock before I even check out. So don't know if people here have ever had an issue like there, where they get charged but don't actually get the item or the sale is cancelled.

I traded in my switch the other day and they did not need the wrist straps so probably YMMV.
When I tried to trade mine the other day, the guy asked me if I had everything needed to trade it in. I thought I did, but he said I needed the straps and the controller shell, so I wasn't able to trade it until the next day. He was pretty rude about it, too. The trade page isn't exactly clear about what you need.

When I tried to trade mine the other day, the guy asked me if I had everything needed to trade it in. I thought I did, but he said I needed the straps and the controller shell, so I wasn't able to trade it until the next day. He was pretty rude about it, too. The trade page isn't exactly clear about what you need.
The joy con grip I kinda get, but that's just shitty to hold up a trade for joy con straps that trade in for like 50 cents and they don't even require them for just a joy con trade which also includes them when purchased new. But yeah sounds like a good idea to just bring them to be sure.

I picked up one of the Series X bundles this morning, and afterwards it said I should receive it in 2-4 days. Having dealt with GS shipping in the past, this seems wildly optimistic.

For hot ticket items, is it even advised to use trade credit? GS website sucks as is, but couple that with a fast moving item and I feel like I would get charged but wouldn't actually have the sale processed.

Never actually bought anything besides black friday stuff, where it could go out of stock before I even check out. So don't know if people here have ever had an issue like there, where they get charged but don't actually get the item or the sale is cancelled.
depends on how badly i want the system. i would typically recommend sticking with a payment method that is saved so you can go through checkout as fast as possible.

Gamestop website shows Xbox Series X bundle in stock, but won't let me add it to cart. Anybody seeing that?
I had the same problem. =( I kept checking, but I didn't see an `Add to Cart' button until at least 5 minutes after the hour and even then it wouldn't actually add anything to the cart.

For consoles, bring everything the used listing shows on GameStop.

WHAT'S INCLUDED:

Nintendo Switch console
Nintendo Switch dock
Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R)
Two Joy-Con strap accessories
One Joy-Con grip
HDMI cable
Nintendo Switch AC adapter

Why would you trade the Switch in? There is no bonus. Way better to sell it on offerup or facebook marketplace.
Offer up in my area is flooded with switch consoles sitting there for weeks at $250 and around $300 with games. I don't feel like having low ballers message be for weeks just to get $20-$30 more. There's even one on there right now for $200 and looks like it's in good shape. Not worth the hassle. $220 out the door is fine by me. There's no bonus per se, but the trade value has been much lower in recent months and the pro 10% bump on consoles is only for a limited time.

I traded a DualShock 4 this morning for $40, and my set of old used Joycons for $64. The SL tested the DualShock, but took my word for it when he asked about Joycon drift. As is common sense, never buy used Joycons from GS lol
GameStop's machine for testing controllers/resetting phones can do it for XBox and Playstation 4/5 controllers, but not joycons/Switch Pro style controllers.

It's probably just a timing issue since the game technically releases 10/7 and PSN/XBL tend to update in the early morning, so all should be fine by this (Thursday) afternoon.
Still shows the same. I guess I just save receipt and code, wait on first dlc release, then go at ubisoft if I have a problem.
Anybody else redeemed an ultimate code from gamestop steelbook yet on xbox? Curious if same results.

$220 for the V1 version with the terrible battery life doesn’t seem bad to me given how many hours of use I’ve put into it to upgrade.
I've seen better offers on eBay for the V1 given the hackable nature of them. But obviously there's a lot of differences between eBay and GS and the various fees involved with eBay.

$220 for the V1 version with the terrible battery life doesn’t seem bad to me given how many hours of use I’ve put into it to upgrade.
FWIW, you can get $220 for just the tablet on ebay if it's an unpatched model. I did this in June and it sold same day. That way you can keep the extra joy cons and dock, or trade them in separate for $100 credit.

FYI, some stores have changed their hours to opening at 11am. The past few months stores would open at 10am. I found that out the hard way today.

Offer up in my area is flooded with switch consoles sitting there for weeks at $250 and around $300 with games. I don't feel like having low ballers message be for weeks just to get $20-$30 more. There's even one on there right now for $200 and looks like it's in good shape. Not worth the hassle. $220 out the door is fine by me. There's no bonus per se, but the trade value has been much lower in recent months and the pro 10% bump on consoles is only for a limited time.
Yep, I'm tired of dealing with low ballers and flakes. If people can deal with them, to make some money, then more power to them.

$220 for a non-limited edition switch is actually decent. eBay listings average $250 and net closer to $200 after shipping and fees. I might trade in mine after I unlock the Tetris 99 theme that starts tomorrow.

Just did a console trade in. Traded in my Gears 5 console for $325 and a launch V1 Switch for $260.

Not gonna lie, I expected the $325, but the Switch I was expecting no where near that.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Your location does vary that's true. Here in Socal, you can get much more than $220 for a Switch. You seem to be an expert on Gamestop but I do hope people at least check to see if selling locally is a better deal.

Just did a console trade in. Traded in my Gears 5 console for $325 and a launch V1 Switch for $260.

Not gonna lie, I expected the $325, but the Switch I was expecting no where near that.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Dang. Me , I kinda want to buy a gears 5console for 325 🤣🤣 but that's also 325 towards a series x...

So does Gamestop not take Vita system trade-ins? The website only has the WiFi version on there, and it says the trade in value is 1 cent. I don't even have the WiFi version so I guess I'd have to pay them to take the standard version off my hands lol. I'm just finally done with my Vita backlog and don't want to deal with the hassle of selling the thing on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back