2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if the switch's joy cons have to match in order to trade? My right is the red neon one and the left is the animal crossing one.

I called the game stop customer service phone number to complain about not getting any points for my three different trade ins back in September. The rep pulled up the transactions adding them all up and seemed ready to send me my points until a second voice in the background told him something, which the rep then told me, “so I’m being told GameStop doesn’t do pints on trade ins, is there anything else I can help you with?”

It’s not a huge loss I suppose, but I do remember getting points for trade ins as recently as 3 months ago. Just wanted to pass that along here.

My store only had like 4 units and they sold out fast. Went to the people who lined up before it opened.
Wow. I hope this doesn't persist. It's becoming increasingly difficult to get the newer systems. I gave up on PS5 and Xbox for the time being, and really wanted the oled switch since I play handheld mostly

Does anyone know if an Xbox One S is getting any sort of bump with the other systems going on the last few days? SIte says 165
It should be $215 after bonus until EOD on the 9th.

A bunch of chuckle****s on local OfferUp scalping the OLED already.

Also glad for that 2k credit limit, I'm over $1000 in credit earned and I have more to trade in.

I called the game stop customer service phone number to complain about not getting any points for my three different trade ins back in September. The rep pulled up the transactions adding them all up and seemed ready to send me my points until a second voice in the background told him something, which the rep then told me, “so I’m being told GameStop doesn’t do pints on trade ins, is there anything else I can help you with?”

It’s not a huge loss I suppose, but I do remember getting points for trade ins as recently as 3 months ago. Just wanted to pass that along here.
I have points for a trade on 9/30, but I did trade and buy something in the same transaction. Did you just trade stuff in? Some states are not getting points anymore (I think California has been mentioned)

Also just to clarify the first 90 in my post should have been 30. Editiing at 1am means mistakes happen.

I did a single trade on 10/1 that included 4 copies each of Wii Sports & Mario Kart Wii, 2 copies each of Mario Party DS, NSMBU Wii, COD Blops 360, Mario All-Stars Wii, & Wii Sports Resort, 4 Wiimotes, and a bunch of other stuff to total 35 games & 5 controllers in all for $800+ in credit. Will be doing a small test trade Friday morning to see if I'm still good to go, but it won't be the store manager that did me in if not, it would be farther down the chain or in the system, due to the DL, or otherwise, etc.
Follow up to my 4 copies of 3 things trade last week:

Just picked up my Metroid pre-order and was able to trade in just fine still.

multiple items never work unless one costs more than all the certs combined

ie i tried to buy 2 25$ games once with a 50 cert and the cert only went towards 1 item
Yes, that's correct. If you try to use them this way, your $50 cert will only apply to one item (think it says "towards one item" in the T&C) and you'd get double screwed and lose $25 of that $50 cert.

A bunch of chuckle****s on local OfferUp scalping the OLED already.

Also glad for that 2k credit limit, I'm over $1000 in credit earned and I have more to trade in.
Thanks for confirming this! Got mine ready to trade in this later this morning

Traded in my V1 Switch for $260 and pick up a White OLED I didn’t preorder, my store have 18 white total not sure how many preorder manager say only a few for walk in

Did you have to line up? Do you know how long the trade in promo will last?
Thanks in advance
The store I went to open at 10am I got there at 9:50 only have 3 person in front of me. One person in front of me got a white the other 2 got Pokémon cards and Metroid / amiibo

I tried trading in a Series X controller. They added on a refurb fee to the transaction. They said they have to send it in for corporate even though the controller was essentially brand new. The fee was only $7 so I still got good value (given the value of controllers are frequently 50% off around the holidays) but thought it was scummy.

PS4 controllers I got $40 each for.
PS4 Pro I got $325 for.
Switch Controller I got $43.20 for
Xbox Series controller was $41 - $7 refurb fee.

Just a FYI, I was told by the GameStop employee that the whites were preorder only. So no guarantee they will be sold at your store.

Oh, I learned that you can have $1000 max on any trade card, good to know for the future.
Yeah I like to spread it out over multiple cards to not raise any red flags. Also the employees used to always shout how much you have left on your card at the end of a transaction. I'd just prefer to avoid the whole "YOU HAVE NINE HUNDRED FIFTY THREE DOLLARS LEFT ON YOUR CARD!"

Waited this morning. They had 3 white and 5 neon. I was #4 and had to get neon. Oh well! Redeemed $25 and $50 reward certificates at the counter. Felt bad for doing it then but didn’t want to redeem and have no consoles left to get.

Phase 2 is prep the old one for trade in later today. Whew.

I'm hopeful of getting a white oled during my lunch break - which happens to be around the time the store opens.

I would have loved to take advantage of the trade in offer they currently have for my v1 switch, but don't have it on me.

Anyone know the likelihood of a GameStop employee to allow me to return (if I get lucky enough to get one) my oled this afternoon, trade my v1 and repurchase the oled with the trade in credit?

Only one at my store.....I was number 3....
Ah sorry. Hope you didn’t wait too long. My store has some crazies (including me). First guy in line arrived last night and slept in his car, 2nd guy got there at 3:30 and I was next a bit before 6. Next guy came at 7:30 so I felt dumb for arriving so early. Line grew to about 20 and only 7 consoles.

To those trying to secure Metroid SE. You cannot add it to your cart, however, if you go on mobile and check out with Apple Pay the order will go through. You will get email and everything. Whether it gets cancelled is TBD rn.

Anyone know the likelihood of a GameStop employee to allow me to return (if I get lucky enough to get one) my oled this afternoon, trade my v1 and repurchase the oled with the trade in credit?
Yes. Just be polite, have your receipt. They should refund your original payment. Then you should be able to trade and re-purchase.

Nice. I managed to snag a random lonely Series S at my local target (real money. Boo) so I can trade in my Xbox S for $215 later today.

Series S doesn't have optical but I don't have any discs left after this trade in promo anyway :)

Traded in my V1 Switch for $260 and pick up a White OLED I didn’t preorder, my store have 18 white total not sure how many preorder manager say only a few for walk in
Is there a promo that's bumping that to $260? I'm seeing $220 as the pro value for the V1 switch.

Yeah I like to spread it out over multiple cards to not raise any red flags. Also the employees used to always shout how much you have left on your card at the end of a transaction. I'd just prefer to avoid the whole "YOU HAVE NINE HUNDRED FIFTY THREE DOLLARS LEFT ON YOUR CARD!"
I do the same thing. The only problem is when you have to buy something online, it only lets you use 2 trade cards at a time.

To those trying to secure Metroid SE. You cannot add it to your cart, however, if you go on mobile and check out with Apple Pay the order will go through. You will get email and everything. Whether it gets cancelled is TBD rn.
Nice! Paid with credit card and took a screenshot (always gotta take a screenshot when shopping online, if the retailer decides to screw you and say they didn't receive your order).

I just traded in my V2 Switch and 5 games. I was expecting a long line but only 3 people were in front of me. The manager said that they only had Switches that were pre-ordered, so no extras. He also said that Switches will not be like PS5 and Xbox S/X. They well be available in waves, so random shipments.

A couple of art pieces and a steelbook...can't figure out why I want this Metroid SE so bad.   Should have been priced at $79.99 for what they're offering. 

Amazon has/had both Switch white OLED and Metroid Dread SE. Would have totally preferred to get the Switch OLED at GS, to use certs, but it is what it is and I don't have to drive out to the store or use GS crap website.

Have to have Amazon Prime though to get the Switch OLED lol.

A couple of art pieces and a steelbook...can't figure out why I want this Metroid SE so bad. Should have been priced at $79.99 for what they're offering.
Yeah, I consider it a $40 difference since you can easily get it at Walmart for $50 in-store. Makes it very hard to swallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back