2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided I’m gonna wait on the OLED switch until a themed one comes along. If anyone in south NJ wants it, let me know. I’ll swing by tomorrow to cancel otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Store confirmed pro trade in for switch is $260. Does not have to trade toward anything.
wait, does this really work and can I do it today? I just bought the OLED online at GameStop and I’m planning to do a return and rebuy so I can use the trade credit towards the console. This means I will not have the console to do a transfer, anyone know what data I lose (I already have cloud saves)?

what's g2l

also i came back from GameStop with 293 dollars in store credit. was tempted to buy the amiibo for dread. unfortunally my store didn't have any oled switches but the guy told me to check Sunday morning online for them. Any credibility to that?

Did anyone that bought Far Cry 6 yesterday get their game coin or $10 points?
I wouldn't expect anyone to get the GameCoin for this until next Friday (10/15) at the earliest, based on the recent other GameCoin offers where the offers appeared 8 days after release, when the promo ended.

Just place and ordered for both Metroid SE and Amiibo pack. Paid with PayPal, so we will see if it goes through.

Edit:. Mobile app order

Waited this morning. They had 3 white and 5 neon. I was #4 and had to get neon. Oh well! Redeemed $25 and $50 reward certificates at the counter. Felt bad for doing it then but didn’t want to redeem and have no consoles left to get.

Phase 2 is prep the old one for trade in later today. Whew.
Just sold off my old switch for $260. Deal is still good.

Oh, guess I wasn’t banned for trading in 6 joycon. 😎

Today, I got $192.50 for my old Pixel 3a XL and $40 for an old Xbox One controller with a 3.5 jack.

Yesterday, I got $325 for an Xbox One X console and $76.50 for some old PS4 games for a total of $401.50.

I have $634.00 in credit now to put towards an Xbox Series X. Good stuff.

Was able to trade in my Switch this morning for $260. Thanks to all the CAGs for the heads up on this deal. Makes up for the $50 I missed out on trading my PS4 Pro early. 

I have an OG (day 1) switch. Ended up getting the OLED at Target. Would i be better trading in to GS or selling on eBay? Probably not buying a PS5 or Series X soon. 

Yeah, I consider it a $40 difference since you can easily get it at Walmart for $50 in-store. Makes it very hard to swallow.
Went ahead and got it anyway...15 minute wait in line because of "pokemon day" or something. I got the last SE. Splurged and got the amiibo as well. This is the first amiibo I've purchased and I have no idea if it's even worth it lol. I just got caught up in the moment because I'm a Metroid fan.

I have an OG (day 1) switch. Ended up getting the OLED at Target. Would i be better trading in to GS or selling on eBay? Probably not buying a PS5 or Series X soon.
Trade for $260 credit as mentioned or since it's probably a hackable system, you could see what you could get cash for that on OfferUp or something similar.

I tried trading in a Series X controller. They added on a refurb fee to the transaction. They said they have to send it in for corporate even though the controller was essentially brand new. The fee was only $7 so I still got good value (given the value of controllers are frequently 50% off around the holidays) but thought it was scummy.

PS4 controllers I got $40 each for.
PS4 Pro I got $325 for.
Switch Controller I got $43.20 for
Xbox Series controller was $41 - $7 refurb fee.
I feel like they screwed you. Why would you charge a refurb fee on the Xbox one when joycons have more of a history of having issues.

Anyone trade in a switch lite recently? Have they bumped that.

I feel like they screwed you. Why would you charge a refurb fee on the Xbox one when joycons have more of a history of having issues.

Anyone trade in a switch lite recently? Have they bumped that.
Personally I would fill out the survey, because that is some BS. That is not the point of the refurb fee, and crappy employees need to be made aware of that or they'll do it to more people.

Personally I would fill out the survey, because that is some BS. That is not the point of the refurb fee, and crappy employees need to be made aware of that or they'll do it to more people.
Do the employees get rewarded by corporate for refurb fees? Do they get dinged if an item they accepted is determined defective and they didn't charge it?

I can't imagine why any employee would charge the fee otherwise

So you can basically trade the game in and keep the extras for $30?
Sales tax is another factor. But yes. I will probably play it some and then G2L it tomorrow.

Obscure question: Does a G2L trade count as 1 of the 5 for the current +50% for sets of 5 promo? I know the value won't be changed, just wondering if I'd get +50% on 4 others in the same transaction.

Haven't seen it posted yet, but this morning when I got my OLED Switch there was a promo to save 10% on two games purchased at the same time.  Saved me $9 on the Metroid SE.  Promo #26328

Back from my trip of rummaging through old stuff I had on hand

-Switch V2 - 260

-Switch Lite - 135

-Xbox One S 500GB - 215

-PS1 Memory cards - $4.8 each

-Bunch of games

Total for the transaction came out to $905.  Thanks for all the help in here everyone.  Really great trade in day

Haven't seen it posted yet, but this morning when I got my OLED Switch there was a promo to save 10% on two games purchased at the same time. Saved me $9 on the Metroid SE. Promo #26328
Wish I had noticed this when I picked up Metroid today. Wonder if it matters if the games are pre-ordered or not.

Also last time I had a special edition that I used G2L was MLB the Show 20. I kept the hat, steelbook, code, etc and brought the game back in a generic case with the G2L receipt. The associate didn't want to process it because I was only trading the game without the SE content. When I showed him that all I could get in return was $59.99 he finally processed it, but as a return and not as a trade. I got refunded $60 plus tax. Smh.

If I can't find a game with a trade in value on the site, should I not even bother taking it in? Found some old PS2 and PS3 games and nothing is showing up when I type them in.

If I can't find a game with a trade in value on the site, should I not even bother taking it in? Found some old PS2 and PS3 games and nothing is showing up when I type them in.
No don’t do it because I tried to take in Dishonored Death of the Outsider for Xbox One but it doesn’t come up in the system but the PS4 version does and they couldn’t take it.

I don't want to list all of them but some are Splinter Cell Chaos Theory limited edition steelbook, Pandora tomorrow, Lego star wars, GTA san andreas, Resistance 3, MLB the show 08, Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY and more
Bummer yea looks like they don't take those. If you ever want to be double sure when a game isn't coming up in the TIV search, just search up the game on the site like you're going to buy it, take the number from the URL:

gamestop.com/video-games/retro-gaming/retro-playstation/playstation-2/products/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/10168311.html?condition=Pre-Owned

and put it into this URL:

gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=10168311

There have been times when a game I searched for a trade value for didn't show up but if I looked it up manually like this they were taking it. But generally if they're selling a game for a low price they're probably not taking it. I was surprised to see they actually aren't taking San Andreas, but I suppose it is a PS2 game.

Just got back from trading in my Switch. Was not expecting that extra 40$. Now to decide whether to get a Rift or just sit on the credit

Glad I didn't try to go the eBay route, no way in hell was I getting 260 after shipping and fees

Anyone else have issues price matching the Joy-cons to Walmart and stuff? They claimed they couldn't price match since it wasn't the listed price. :(

Goddammit!

NOTE: You MUST have everything that originally came with the Switch (Device, Joycons, official Dock, joycon attachments, official charger) or else they won’t take it. I wasted my time today because I don’t have the original dock anymore (I sold it and used a third party connector)…can’t tell you where the attachments for the controllers are (cause I don’t use them). WTFFFF!!!!!

Goddammit!

NOTE: You MUST have everything that originally came with the Switch (Device, Joycons, official Dock, joycon attachments, official charger) or else they won’t take it. I wasted my time today because I don’t have the original dock anymore (I sold it and used a third party connector)…can’t tell you where the attachments for the controllers are (cause I don’t use them). WTFFFF!!!!!
They can still take it but they’ll charge you individually for each component. My friend was charged $4 for each joycon strap and $9 for an HDMI cable. The system comes with all of these so yes, you need to trade them in with the system.

I know people have posted a code for G2L for Metroid, but of course when I asked the employee, he said they weren't doing it.

I was just picking up the game, so not a waste of time/effort this trip. But there shouldn't be any issue doing G2L for it, right? I've never done one of these before. When I take it back, I just give them a code and then they give me trade credit in the amount of $59.99 + tax? Is that how it works?

I know people have posted a code for G2L for Metroid, but of course when I asked the employee, he said they weren't doing it.

I was just picking up the game, so not a waste of time/effort this trip. But there shouldn't be any issue doing G2L for it, right? I've never done one of these before. When I take it back, I just give them a code and then they give me trade credit in the amount of $59.99 + tax? Is that how it works?
You don't get tax back

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back