2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade in the joycons for $64 then buy new ones for $69 by price matching walmart. Use new ones to trade in system
Clever, but I think the "joycons sliding out" problem might be caused by the rails on the system and not the joycons themselves. IIRC I looked into it a while back and you can fix the problem by replacing the rails with better ones (metal?) and it fixes the problem.

Does anyone know if the switch lite gets a boost? I have one laying around the house I have been trying to sell.

they gave 175 for like a week this year but the boardroom was hitting the crackpipe that week

They used to have a physical membership card that was tied to your account and also your trade in value would be tied to the account with that card but they did away with it a year or so ago I believe.
just as a note, this still didnt save the credit to your account. it was just a card and you still had to have it(or the numbers+pin)

Clever, but I think the "joycons sliding out" problem might be caused by the rails on the system and not the joycons themselves. IIRC I looked into it a while back and you can fix the problem by replacing the rails with better ones (metal?) and it fixes the problem.
That problem is inside the joycon themselves. There is a "buckle" that latches into the metal rails on the main tablet. If a switch gets dropped, from even a short height, the plastic buckles will chip, and the joycon will start to slip out. It is an easy fix by replacing damaged plastic buckles with metal buckles that you can buy from Amazon.

That problem is inside the joycon themselves. There is a "buckle" that latches into the metal rails on the main tablet. If a switch gets dropped, from even a short height, the plastic buckles will chip, and the joycon will start to slip out. It is an easy fix by replacing damaged plastic buckles with metal buckles that you can buy from Amazon.
Oh that must've been what it was. Sorry it's been a while since I looked into it

Are regular Xbox Ones getting any type of bump? I’m going to head out this morning and trade in my switch and extra joy cons. I have the green ones that I love but I’d rather get the oled. I may also just trade in a bunch of switch games I picked last Black Friday.

Are regular Xbox Ones getting any type of bump? I’m going to head out this morning and trade in my switch and extra joy cons. I have the green ones that I love but I’d rather get the oled. I may also just trade in a bunch of switch games I picked last Black Friday.
Yes, even regular Xbox One consoles are getting the $50 extra, but only through today.

I answered your question when you posted it the first time:

Yes, even regular Xbox One consoles are getting the $50 extra, but only through today.

Oops, not sure what happened there, definitely didn’t meant to post twice, must have happened when I hit the back button or something. At any rate, my apologies and thank you for the info. Might have to upgrade my forza Xbox one that I keep in the bedroom for the wife.

I did not need them. I actually brought them and the employee said I could keep them.
Awesome thanks!

Also, last question for anyone: the 50% trade in on accessories is still going through today right? So if I’m trading in 6 Dualshock 4, 1 Dualsense 4, one Xbox Series X controller, and one set of Joycons I’ll get the 50% still today?

A friend wants to trade in his PS4 Pro. He is not a pro member though and would rather just give it to me to trade in on my account. Since I traded in a PS4 Pro yesterday, will I get banned or anything?

did a trade in this morning:
-Switch V1 still giving $260 trade credit for pro member.
-Joy con still gives $32 trade credit (that is $20+50% boost and 10% pro bonus).

probably good thru today.

A friend wants to trade in his PS4 Pro. He is not a pro member though and would rather just give it to me to trade in on my account. Since I traded in a PS4 Pro yesterday, will I get banned or anything?
I can’t guaranteee anything will or will not work, but this morning I traded in 2 switch systems at once with no problem.

I would stop at trading in 3 of the same item, just to be on the safe side. 4 if you wanna live dangerously and don’t mind a 90 day trade ban

Awesome thanks!

Also, last question for anyone: the 50% trade in on accessories is still going through today right? So if I’m trading in 6 Dualshock 4, 1 Dualsense 4, one Xbox Series X controller, and one set of Joycons I’ll get the 50% still today?
Just asking to make sure before I drive to GameStop.

Did my trades - ended up trading in 6 Dualshock 4, 1 Dualsense, 1 Xbox Series X controller, a pair of Joycons, and 2 Switch Pro controllers. Just shy of $500 lol

Thanks to some cat named DrBayrd, I lost ~$10 in trade credit because I did need the USB-C cable to trade the NSW Pro Controller, lol. I had to buy one for $10 in order to trade it so I wouldn't lose out on the 50% bonus. Still got made trade cred, so no biggie.

Thanks to some cat named DrBayrd, I lost ~$10 in trade credit because I did need the USB-C cable to trade the NSW Pro Controller, lol. I had to buy one for $10 in order to trade it so I wouldn't lose out on the 50% bonus. Still got made trade cred, so no biggie.
When in doubt, always call before. Remember, not all GS are the same.

$260 is still the price for switch. they took off $50 for mine because not on damage and a cracked heat vent. So i got $200 and got steam gift cards for the steam deck

Was able to get GameStop in store to match Walmarts 49.94 price thanks to a fellow CAG getting a shelf picture. They guy had no issues doing it.

The picture is below that worked for me.

[attachment=36191:IMG_1860.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This promo was great, hope Gamestop extends it another week!

Also, good luck finding them but Psikyo Shooting Stars on Switch (both Alpha and Bravo) have had new copies converted to used for $29.99

Any idea if phone prices are "boosted" or under a promo or should prices stick through tomorrow? I know no way to know for sure it just looks like they're giving the 10% bonus but nothing as a promo.

This promo was great, hope Gamestop extends it another week!

Also, good luck finding them but Psikyo Shooting Stars on Switch (both Alpha and Bravo) have had new copies converted to used for $29.99
It's funny because I don't think the general public knew about this promo. If it was not for this thread I would have never known that Gamestop was offering $260 trade credit for a Switch.

It's funny because I don't think the general public knew about this promo. If it was not for this thread I would have never known that Gamestop was offering $260 trade credit for a Switch.
The game advisor didn't even know about the promo. I asked him about it and he looked in a binder and said he didn't see it in there. He was aware of the increasing percentage boost for more games traded. He seemed nice enough and I asked him humor me by putting in a switch trade to see if the promo was active. Thankfully it was. No damage found on my switch either. Now I just need to find an OLED one to spend that credit

If the joycons slide out without them having to push the button they’re considered broken and they have to send them out for repair. Hence the $40 they take off. Just saying for others taking advantage of the trade, check to make sure your joycons lock into place before heading to the store.
I didn’t realize that. I guess the joy cons have always been fine to me. Calmer today, I think it was just unexpected because the console has pretty much been docked since day one. I have older joy cons I can trade though.

If the joycons slide out without them having to push the button they’re considered broken and they have to send them out for repair. Hence the $40 they take off. Just saying for others taking advantage of the trade, check to make sure your joycons lock into place before heading to the store.
This happened to me. Luckily I had an extra set of joy con and was able to limit the loss (refurb fee) to $6 by switching the joy cons and trade in the one with issues as a separate joy con trade in.

Just left my local store with the new manager who I really like. They said that on October 22nd they will have PS5 bundles in store. $750 for Disc system, Tsushima Director's, Far Cry 6, PS+, and $50 GS GC. Their DL had said 50 per store but the SL thinks they meant for the district. It may not be everywhere, the SL said they were going to be a test district and guessed at perhaps 5 per store with one or two extra for the big stores. Again, hearsay and the DL was on vacation so the info may be subject to change and YMMV. Just informing.

Just left my local store with the new manager who I really like. They said that on October 22nd they will have PS5 bundles in store. $750 for Disc system, Tsushima Director's, Far Cry 6, PS+, and $50 GS GC. Their DL had said 50 per store but the SL thinks they meant for the district. It may not be everywhere, the SL said they were going to be a test district and guessed at perhaps 5 per store with one or two extra for the big stores. Again, hearsay and the DL was on vacation so the info may be subject to change and YMMV. Just informing.
I can't be the only one that is gonna wait for the $299 PS5 Slim bundle with the God of War Ragnarok, Last of Us Trilogy, and GoTsushima Trilogy sometime around 2027? :oldman:

i would have waited but i had/have the fear that theyre gonna do away with disc drives eventually
ill certainly wait til the games are 20 and under tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back