2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you trade in more than a game is worth "toward a game" and get the 30% bonus for the full amount, and then just get back all the "spillover" as trade credit?
Yep! I think technically all you have to do is put $10 toward the preorder. At least that's the number I was told yesterday.

Can you trade in more than a game is worth "toward a game" and get the 30% bonus for the full amount, and then just get back all the "spillover" as trade credit?

Hopefully what I just wrote here is comprehensible
You should be able to put as little as $5 toward a preorder and get the 30% bonus on the total trade. However, some stores may tell you that you have to pay off the entire preorder in order to get the bonus, so ymmv. But you get the bonus on all of it and can get the remainder as trade credit.

Gamestop.com is doing a promo for new prom renewal for 10 bucks. Does anyone know if you're supposed to get 10k points per renewal? Or is it the first time you sign up only?

Yes, I trade in 200-300 in value sometimes, pay the game preorder in full and then have it put the rest into my card
Damn! I wish I had known that sooner. Can easily pay off the value of a full game with the trades I have been doing recently. Is there a list of current games eligible for that extra 30%?

Gamestop.com is doing a promo for new prom renewal for 10 bucks. Does anyone know if you're supposed to get 10k points per renewal? Or is it the first time you sign up only?
I'm pretty certain that promo is for new members only.

Damn! I wish I had known that sooner. Can easily pay off the value of a full game with the trades I have been doing recently. Is there a list of current games eligible for that extra 30%?

I'm pretty certain that promo is for new members only.
It works for renewals, I was up for renewal in December but the manager told me about the promo and how it would work for renewals.

I paid $9.99 and got my PUR extended to Dec 2022, the 10k points later that night and my receipt shows $9.99.

I didn’t check for any extra $5 coupons on the receipt, but it definitely worked for renewals. He said it was this week and possibly into next.

Regarding pre-order bonuses: The initial payment for games has to be $5, but then you can go back and put as little as $0.01 on to that same pre-order to trigger the bonus again on a subsequent trade. I usually just do another $5 so it’s easy to keep track of and know how much I’ll need in certs but a penny does work. If you are forced to pay off a trade in full at your store you can use whatever coupons and certs you have towards it when you pick up and you’ll be refunded that amount on a trade card.

Consoles usually need $50 and some but not all action figures and collectibles need $10 to secure a pre-order.

It works for renewals, I was up for renewal in December but the manager told me about the promo and how it would work for renewals.
I paid $9.99 and got my PUR extended to Dec 2022, the 10k points later that night and my receipt shows $9.99.
I didn’t check for any extra $5 coupons on the receipt, but it definitely worked for renewals. He said it was this week and possibly into next.
When did you renew? The promotion seemingly started just yesterday. The $5 receipt coupon ended on 10/1 and the 10k points is the new bonus going forward.

Took until today to post, but I got my 10k for renewing, 300pts for something, and 10,800 for my trade.

As I haven't been pro since the monthly certs, remind me what's broken? I gather it's something with online but is that the monthly or the redeemable ones? I imagine both.

When did you renew? The promotion seemingly started just yesterday. The $5 receipt coupon ended on 10/1 and the 10k points is the new bonus going forward.
Sorry, I renewed yesterday afternoon when I was trading in some of the MWT titles. Manager also let me know that ever since Ryan Cohen took over, the stores are no longer being penalized for metrics such as preorder cancellations. They still have some metrics to meet, but they’re trying to make it a better customer service experience, FWIW.

Still no GameCoin for Far Cry 6. That makes two prominently-advertised-in-store games in a row (Lost Judgment before this) where I have to contact Customer Service directly to get what I'm owed. This isn't rocket science, Gamestop.

EDIT: Customer Service issued me 10k points again. I wonder if an ordinary customer who bought FC6 because of the $10 offer will know to check their account and call in if it's not there, or if Gamestop is counting on post-purchase ignorance to drive sales. I feel like there should be a bigger commotion about this.

Still no GameCoin for Far Cry 6. That makes two prominently-advertised-in-store games in a row (Lost Judgment before this) where I have to contact Customer Service directly to get what I'm owed. This isn't rocket science, Gamestop.
Contact them via the live chat function on the desktop website between like 10 eastern and 5pm. Got it resolved in 10 minutes, did other things until it was my time in the chat queue. Yes, it’s a mild inconvenience, but this is GameStop, and they did give me the far cry 6 gamecoin via 10000 points

Contact them via the live chat function on the desktop website between like 10 eastern and 5pm. Got it resolved in 10 minutes, did other things until it was my time in the chat queue. Yes, it’s a mild inconvenience, but this is GameStop, and they did give me the far cry 6 gamecoin via 10000 points
I'm well aware that this is the approach to take (and as I mentioned in my edit above, I received 10k points for this mishap), as it worked for my missing Lost Judgment GameCoin, but I shouldn't have to call in or chat for something so prominently advertised in stores over the last 1-2 months.

Then again, maybe we're just the exception and most people are getting the GameCoin in their Active Offers as they should, but I don't think anyone here has reported as much.

I renewed my Pro membership back on 7/12/2021 and got my bonus points and everything. I saw that they are offering a promo for Pro for $10 now. I went to see if I could renew my membership online and it is saying my membership is good until 7/12/2023. Not sure how I got an extra year. I checked my points and I was not charged. Anyone else get an extra year without knowing why?

EDIT: Customer Service issued me 10k points again. I wonder if an ordinary customer who bought FC6 because of the $10 offer will know to check their account and call in if it's not there, or if Gamestop is counting on post-purchase ignorance to drive sales. I feel like there should be a bigger commotion about this.
Just over the past year, there is about $50 worth of points I would not have gotten without contacting them (from multiple orders). It's ridiculous how bad they continue to fuck it up. It seems to get especially bad when they ship an order in multiple packages, they try to be smart and only give you credit for what has shipped, but they end up only giving you credit for on package (and sometimes none of them).

yeah did a chat online to get my points for far cry 6 as well, chat rep gave me the option of 10k points or $10 cert, I took the points.  

I'm not doing anymore gamecoin games unless I really want it, its just too much of a hassle and nowadays games drop so fast.  I'm trading in my Far Cry 6, its currently worth $35 base or $45 after bonuses, it'll definitely be cheaper on black friday.  Got about a third through the game and enjoyed it, but I'd rather have $45 back and rebuy when its $20-30.

Just over the past year, there is about $50 worth of points I would not have gotten without contacting them (from multiple orders). It's ridiculous how bad they continue to fuck it up. It seems to get especially bad when they ship an order in multiple packages, they try to be smart and only give you credit for what has shipped, but they end up only giving you credit for on package (and sometimes none of them).
Mine took literally 1 second, I told them the problem and they preemptively added the points to my account right away. Seems like they realize this is an ongoing issue lol

Where on the website can I find the current new games that are getting trade in bonus or if someone could fill me in? I find it impossible to see them on the website for awhile now. I have a few games I'd like to trade in towards GOTG coming out next week. TY 

Where on the website can I find the current new games that are getting trade in bonus or if someone could fill me in? I find it impossible to see them on the website for awhile now. I have a few games I'd like to trade in towards GOTG coming out next week. TY
There's a list 1-2 pages back but Battlefield, Metroid Dread, and a couple of others are the only ones at the moment.

game coins not working was pretty common when it first started. so I'm not surprised it's an issue again. It's why I never bothered with it since its too much of a headache.

I'm planning to contact CS later to ask since I picked it up last Monday. I'll have the link to the ad handy just in case.
I got 20k points just now in chat for Lost Judgment and Monkey ball. Gonna have try chat another day for FC6, after they told me this: Thank you, regarding the FarCry, this is what I have "Game Coin coupon to be delivered to member’s active offers within 72 hours of offer end date (Oct 13th). Coupon valid for two weeks. Limit one per customer."

Echoing what others have posted. No prob renewing for 9.99 in store. Was told the 10k points should post within 48 hours. Did see a 300 point renew post already though?

Also, how/where is the expiration of the pro membership listed now?

Nevermind, found it. 🤡

I eventually got 10k points for SMB Banana Mania, but it wasn't as simple as it should have been. I'm probably taking a break from any games with GameCoin offers for a while.

The promo is just for the digital version without the magazine right?  I debated on this but really like the physical version of the magazine.

Just traded in some stuff this afternoon and got my 30% bonus after transferring a preorder, which is a nice trick if you don't trade in all that often.

Basically, I will get a preorder in the future that has a 30% off bonus, trade for that and keep the credit on card with $5 down.  Then after the preorder lapses go and transfer it to another future 30% bonus game.  The existing $5 moves to the new preorder and will still work to activate the bonus trade in amount without having to add more.  I normally transfer preorders instead of cancelling since I thought it helped with metrics a bit.

Did they mention anywhere how long the $260 for a V1/V2 Switch is gonna last? I can't even find an advertisement for the promo anywhere, let alone an end date

Can you use a $10 cert in-store to pay for the $10 membership, or is it one of those special promos that kicks out any other coupon so that you have to use actual money/credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back