2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you supposed to get points for trade-ins? I would have assumed not, but looking at my account, it seems like I got points for trading in my Switch V1, but not my PS4 Pro (from separate transactions on different days). I e-mailed support, and they told me trade-ins don't get points, but then I don't know why I got points for the Switch in that case.

Can you use a $10 cert in-store to pay for the $10 membership, or is it one of those special promos that kicks out any other coupon so that you have to use actual money/credit?
You can't. It actually splits the $10 between 2 items as well. So even if the coupon works on the 1 line item it'll take $5 off and not $10.

When am I suppose to get the $5 monthly coupon?
The first of the month. If you sign up mid-month, you get it the next month. You used to get a $5 coupon immediately but I think that was replaced with the 10k in points

On a different topic, I'm tired of these PS5 bundles from Gamestop. I don't need a headset, and I feel like every bundle has one. I understand why they do the bundle, but I wish the bundles were mostly gift card.

It's largely because Sony measures attach rate on consoles, gift card sales don't count as attach.  Headsets are also a high margin item that counts as attach.  So yeah, you know but there's an extra reason for you too.

Also you were correct, the $5 initial coupon at signup was replaced completely by the 10k points offer.

Just left a store and the cashier told me that Cash Same as Credit was in effect for consoles (this was mentioned as a possibility a few pages back, but just thought I'd add to it)

Despite making sure I was opted in for emails when I signed up to be a Pro member again a few weeks ago, I have yet to get a single email from them about anything. I saw something where they may put some PS5 bundles online today. Did anyone get an email saying a time or is there a particular time it always happens at?

You can't. It actually splits the $10 between 2 items as well. So even if the coupon works on the 1 line item it'll take $5 off and not $10.
That's evil.

I'd like to redeem an online certificate but I have very little faith in it working.

My guess would be cash=credit wouldn't run concurrently, but these are crazy times.

Despite making sure I was opted in for emails when I signed up to be a Pro member again a few weeks ago, I have yet to get a single email from them about anything. I saw something where they may put some PS5 bundles online today. Did anyone get an email saying a time or is there a particular time it always happens at?
at 8am PST. I'd suggest following wario64 on twitter if you are looking for these sales.

There wasn't an email from GS though, from what I can tell. Email came to me at 7:49PST this morning.

FWIW, it was a Ghost of Tsushima/Far Cry 6 PS+ bundle with $50 GC for $739.96.

Noticing increased attrition as my local Gamestops - lots of new faces and a few promotions ± transfers. Good for resetting some positive/negative baggage - but a (temporary) step down in skill level - finding random items, sales knowledge, trade mechanics, etc. 

Some have even starting with the little ball dispensers with random minifigures as well. For those with kids, would be cool if the monthly cert would get one token for those. Then all my kids would have pro accounts too!  O:)

I got a pS5!!!!! I'm surprised GS came through. With the trade in, i only paid $80 for it. Hella excited. I also got an OLED switch last week (but via target). I never get this lucky. 

The only thing I'm trying to get now is an iPhone 13 Pro, but no luck so far

I'm aware. It's still not official. You can send email documents through GSO, it happens all the time.
It's also existed in one form or another for over a year now and I think it has only been wrong once. It's as close to official as you are going ot get at this point since Gamestop can't pull their head out of their ass.

For those of you that were able to get a PS5, I wouldn't get too excited until it's actually delivered to you. Cancellations happen with Series X and PS5 but hopefully it's congratulations.

For those of you that were able to get a PS5, I wouldn't get too excited until it's actually delivered to you. Cancellations happen with Series X and PS5 but hopefully it's congratulations.
They already sent me the gift card and PS Plus code, these fuckers better not back out on me for the good stuff now lol.

I bought a bundle about three weeks ago. I received the digital items almost immediately and the console and games were delivered 2 days later. You guys should be fine.

What exactly are GS employees penalized for now? I saw somebody said cancelling preorders no longer matters?
I'm not sure if this is entirely the case because my local store is still pushing pre-orders hard. This could be something that varies depending on district and what the DL wants.

Not selling warranties, only selling one item in a transaction.
UPT is, thankfully, no longer an important metric. Warranties/GPGs will unfortunately never go away.

Reservations aren't a ranked metric currently in the company, however they're still important to determine getting stock in.  So without them they don't make sales plans.

Current things they are ranked on is warranties, pro memberships, and online orders placed in store.

I haven’t traded in anything in over a year (pre-pandemic), can someone remind what daily/weekly/monthly trade limits are. I believe it was you can’t do more than $1000 credit in a month, but can’t remember.

it fluctuates all the time and is based on multiple things such as cash/credit and age of account, no one knows exactly $$-wise.

it fluctuates all the time and is based on multiple things such as cash/credit and age of account, no one knows exactly $$-wise.
hmm. I just did the math and if I trade in everything at once I will get about $990 in credit. I may want to spread things out, I don't want to get flagged the moment I return to GameStop!

I haven’t traded in anything in over a year (pre-pandemic), can someone remind what daily/weekly/monthly trade limits are. I believe it was you can’t do more than $1000 credit in a month, but can’t remember.
Trade numbers in the past have been $2,000 rolling 30 days credit, $500 cash rolling 30 days, and you can trade in up to 4 of the same game rolling 30 days. There have been some recent trade bans outside of these figures, but there's always been junior detectives flagging accounts so as always try to fly under the radar.

yup, if you're doing credit that should be fine.  but as the other poster said, watch how many duplicates of items you are trading if any as well.

Thanks for the responses.

No duplicates, so I should be good. I will probably spread out the consoles just because I haven't been to this GameStop before (recently moved) and not all stores are created equal.

Do consoles while any promos are active, don't wait too long.  they honestly won't care/mind as long as you aren't coming to do it 5minutes before close or middle of a weekend rush.

Does anyone happen to know if they're still doing the +$50 for ps4 500gb consoles? I saw on the site it says $165.00, but I did see on another forum someone mention that it was still active at their GameStop yesterday.

Is the following transaction too much for a GS employee to handle:

1) Returning a game I paid with my credit card, and rebuying it with trade credit
2) Cancelling/rolling over an existing preorder to a new preorder
3) Trading in games towards the new preorder in bullet #2 above to get extra 30% TIC
4) Resubscribing for another year of PUR Pro

Seems like a lot? Most the time GS employees seem to get overwhelmed doing one of the things above, let alone all those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back