2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can the $10 gamecoin be used on Xbox/Sony/Nintendo shop cards?

Edit..or even yearly subs to Nintendo?

Edit..can confirm that it can be used on eshop credit.

Took a chance on Naruto Ninja Storm Legacy when it came back in stock hoping to get a Steelbook. Guess I should've been more specific. Don't think this was a FedEx issue as it was packaged in a cardboard box that wasn't damaged.
[attachment=36261:pXL_20211027_164718108.jpg]

In case you miss it or don't know yet
shin megami tensei v have 10$ GC offer now
I wonder what other games have GC Offers too

Seeing mention of the $50 bonus still applying for PS4 trades but has anyone gotten it for Xbox one consoles recently?
I have an email that still mentions that the promos for Xbox, Switch and PS4 trade ins are still going. Calling and asking will not help because the promo only shows up when they scan your Pro membership to do the trade in.

So I did end up getting the $10 gamecoin for Far Cry 6 despite returning the game unopened.

Going to see what I can use I on. I feel 😈 doing so..but fuck it..you gave it to me gamestop.

What trade promo is going on? I wanted to trade Diablo III for $27.50 with Pro so I could get the collection and basically pay $15 for Diablo II. But I got an extra 40% bonus on top of Pro bringing it to $37.50.

How often do people get the wrong game from GameStop online?
Id say not very often, but it does happen every now and then.

- A mario kart 64 was some game boy advance game instead but actually marked mario kart 64 lol

- some poster in here ordered some power Rangers figure and ended up with a Mario Kart Live Switch Luigi
- I received someones order from Michigan one time which was different to what I ordered
- Ive had flat out missing games before from orders.

Rare for me, but it’s happened to members on this site. I ordered xbox one Zx collection and got mega man legacy collection instead. Just take it back and ask for return or replacement. Helps if you have receipt or packing slip.

You have to wonder if Gamestop's marketing and operations departments ever talk at all. Or even understand the other group exists. 

I can't wait to have to call in/chat/email to get my future gamecoins that will then show up a day before expiring. Trash.

Rarely. I've ordered tens of thousands of dollars worth of games online from them over the years (modern and retro). I remember the wrong ones:

Ordered Forza Horizon 4, got Bejewled 3

Ordered Killzone Mercenary for Vita, Got KZ:SF for PS4

Ordered Super Mario Party for Switch and received Troll and I cart with a fake SMP sticker on it (with Switch games, you should always check the 4 letters on the sticker and the back of the cart to make sure they match up)

Ordered GTA IV Complete and received regular GTA IV

That's it. Each time, CS told me to keep the wrong game, and I received the correct game very quickly.

I have also received maybe 5ish empty cases. I also received the discs quickly after calling customer service. Either I'm incredibly lucky or this stuff is overblown. I have received far more defective games, but even then it's still fairly low.

Once, they sent me 10 free copies of Mario Kart DD. I had ordered them (like 5ish years ago when there were no purchase limits on retro) but they canceled because there was insufficient money on card (I placed 2 different orders in a successive period before I realized they had a delay in card holds. I called CS a few hours later to cancel the order and remove the hold, which they did (I was doing this to convert TiC to cash). They sent the games anyway. I called CS to return them, and they said they couldn't do a return because they couldn't find an order associated with the games. I felt like Marty Crane when he tried to return the money to the bank in Frasier.

- A mario kart 64 was some game boy advance game instead but actually marked mario kart 64 lol

- some poster in here ordered some power Rangers figure and ended up with a Mario Kart Live Switch Luigi
- I received someones order from Michigan one time which was different to what I ordered
Think I got a copy of Spinter Cell: Conviction instead of Splinter Cell: Blaclist once. It was part of a 5 for 10 deal. CS just refunded me like $3.

Once ordered a Mario backpack that was on sale with a few games, got that in one shipment and a random playstation backpack in another shipment. Worked out cause the Mario was for my youngest nephew and my older nephew wanted the Playstation one.

I have an email that still mentions that the promos for Xbox, Switch and PS4 trade ins are still going. Calling and asking will not help because the promo only shows up when they scan your Pro membership to do the trade in.
Interesting. Mind sharing the email? Curious what the verbiage looks like. When was it sent?

i couldn't figure out where the GOTG preorder dlc code was and finally found it on the original preorder receipt from gamestop. Didn't realize they would give you the code before you picked up the actual game.
I didn't even realize there was one, until you pointed this out. So, thank you.

And of course the code is totally borked and I wasn't able to convert it to Xbox or whatever your are supposed to do.

Interesting. Mind sharing the email? Curious what the verbiage looks like. When was it sent?
The email was sent on 10/25 (Monday). It says it is good until 10/30.

xb.jpg

Check your Far Cry 6 Game Coin; my expiration date was changed to November 8th (in app) or November 9th (website).  Yesterday night it was showing 10/27 on the website.

Been a couple years since I ordered from Gamestop.com, two dumbquick questions:

1. How often do online preorders get release date delivery?

2. Did they ever get the online certificates working (I don't mean for preorders, just in general)?

Been a couple years since I ordered from Gamestop.com, two dumbquick questions:

2. Did they ever get the online certificates working (I don't mean for preorders, just in general)?
1. You can pay extra to guarantee it, but the free shipping is shipped FedEx which is very backed up in my area and always late. But depending on where you live it's possible to get it on release with the free shipping.

2. No I'm pretty sure they're still broken.

The email was sent on 10/25 (Monday). It says it is good until 10/30.

xb.jpg
Ok. I got the same email but just interpreted as the normal trade in rates for all Xbox One models including the X which I believe is $250 trade in without PUR. Curious if anyone has gone into a store recently with an Xbox One to trade in to see if the bonus is still actually triggering.

My store told me $15 bonus for my OG PS4. Where can I find the $50 bonus offer?
There was a bunch of discussion a few weeks back about a random $50 bonus for console trades that included Xbox Ones, PS4s and Switches. Apparently it wasn't advertised anywhere and was just adding on to people's trades. Some posts prior to mine were mentioning the bonus still being active on PS4 consoles but there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for who is eligible for what.

I might be that person from Michigan lol because I got someone order of I think final fantasy. And then I texted them

Been a couple years since I ordered from Gamestop.com, two dumbquick questions:

Release delivery varies. As usual depending on where you live and what time of year it is. Got disgaea 6, Ys 9, scarlet Nexus, neo twewy, and whatever other releases from earlier this year within 2 days to on release day surprisingly. Meanwhile tales of arise-ia I pre-ordered years in advance for Amazon and didn't arrive till about 11 days later.

Is there a link to the list of games that are getting the boost? Clicking the email just shows the generic trade page with the regular trade values.
Anybody trade in Inivisible and get the boost?
I went to trade some games in yesterday and they clarified that the promo only applied to switch games with a trade in value of $10 or more.

If I give a family member my copy of Guardians of the Galaxy and the receipt, can they trade it in for full $60? Or will the employee care that my name and account is on the receipt? Honestly don't feel like going into GS today (made way too many trips to GS in the past couple weeks, and tired of going in myself to trade the game back in).

Is Riders Republic a G2L title?
It wasn't on the flyer as a G2L game, so I don't believe so.

It wasn't on the flyer as a G2L game, so I don't believe so.
The previous version of the flyer was wrong about Back 4 Blood, which was a G2L title:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=36066

The most recent version of the flyer (which was distributed after Back 4 Blood was released) also contradicts this version in a few ways, such as not listing the 2022 games (Elden Ring, Pokemon Legends: Arceus) as G2L when the previous version does:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/uploads/post-589234-0-64889800-1634483992.jpg

I wouldn't rely on the flyers because they're not "official" in any way and are prone to inconsistencies.

Riders Republic for PS5 is showing $50 now on GS website and has the $10 game coin. Not bad for those interested in the game.

Check your Far Cry 6 Game Coin; my expiration date was changed to November 8th (in app) or November 9th (website). Yesterday night it was showing 10/27 on the website.
Good look! I was just about to head out gamestop to use it, now I can wait another day. Thanks!!

11.09.21 on my end.
Yes I hadn't gotten around to calling customer support yet and I went into GS and saw they had a used copy of Warioware, and they said the Game Coin was on my account with a Nov. 9 expiration so I used it & bought Warioware for $35.

Still never got the coin for Lost Judgment so I guess I will have to call for it.

I didn't even realize there was one, until you pointed this out. So, thank you.

And of course the code is totally borked and I wasn't able to convert it to Xbox or whatever your are supposed to do.
I bet that code is a Square Enix code you have to put in the options for code redemption in the game's menu.

It looks like any switch game with a base $10 TIC value gets the bump, so you don't need to consult the list. Just see if your game(s) get $10 or more off rip.

I bet that code is a Square Enix code you have to put in the options for code redemption in the game's menu.
Say what? In game? I entered the code on the SE site and then nothing. It shows up in my collection GotG preorder bonus.

I did get the Star Lord costume in game for being an SE member. But not the preorder stuff.

Say what? In game? I entered the code on the SE site and then nothing. It shows up in my collection GotG preorder bonus.

I did get the Star Lord costume in game for being an SE member. But not the preorder stuff.
doesn't sound too surprising as their website is awful. hopefully their customer support can figure it out as i remember choosing the console before entering the code on the gotg site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back