2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, stupid question time...

Is there any way to view my trade-in history?  I purchased some stuff over the summer and I traded some of them in, and now I'm not sure whether I kept one of the titles (and just misplaced it) or if I traded it all in...

are we really calling that a game?

but really, Ori WotW wasnt on the list and it got a bump up $10, so I assumed another poster's account was right in that it was any game base $10 TIC...ah well.
Ori and the WIll of the Wisps is on the list--if you sort by "Price Low to High", it's at the far-right on the 5th row.

Okay, stupid question time...

Is there any way to view my trade-in history? I purchased some stuff over the summer and I traded some of them in, and now I'm not sure whether I kept one of the titles (and just misplaced it) or if I traded it all in...
there's not unfortunately.

Does GameStop usually do trade in promos when it's closer to the holidays? I've got a bunch of ps4/ps5 games to trade in and I don't know if I should wait for a promo or just trade in now. Can anyone speak for past experience?

Does GameStop usually do trade in promos when it's closer to the holidays? I've got a bunch of ps4/ps5 games to trade in and I don't know if I should wait for a promo or just trade in now. Can anyone speak for past experience?
We just had a 50% promo a couple of weeks ago back. I guess it could happen again but who knows? Either that or a +$5 TIV promo. Other than that, there is a 30% promo going on now, it's up to you if wanna trade now or wait and hope for something better.

there's no special deal going for them now so just wait until there is one at least imo

no
i traded in ps4 games and did a preorder
the ps4 games got the 30 and the "qualified" switch games got 10% + $10

Wasnt on the original search shared: mwt12121
That's been proven to be the wrong search term--switchtrade12121 (which implies an end-date of 12/1/21) is the right one vs. mwt12121 (which appears to be the MWT list from the weekend of 1/21/21).

I'm thinking it does but does this $10 switch game bonus stack with 30% preorder bonus?
No, promos never stack. Only the 10% Pro bonus stacks with promos.

So an employee said that he thought another 50 bonus was going down soon for the Xbox one x. I tried to trade it in but they said they couldn't do cash trades.

Hi guys, couldn't find an answer on this. Can GameStop rewards certificates (both the monthly one and ones redeemed with points) be redeemed on PSN gift cards or digital game purchases?

Hi guys, couldn't find an answer on this. Can GameStop rewards certificates (both the monthly one and ones redeemed with points) be redeemed on PSN gift cards or digital game purchases?

I know for me I can redeem for psn cards in store but not online. Idk about digital games.

So is there no reliable way to price match Walmart now if your store insists on seeing the price live on site/app? As mentioned before, the updated walmart app doesn't show in-store prices anymore. I'm going to try taking a picture of the price tag and showing them that, but I'm not confident they'll accept it.

So is there no reliable way to price match Walmart now if your store insists on seeing the price live on site/app? As mentioned before, the updated walmart app doesn't show in-store prices anymore. I'm going to try taking a picture of the price tag and showing them that, but I'm not confident they'll accept it.
A photo of the in-store price tag should work; I was able to do that for Metroid Dread and Far Cry 6 at $49.94 each.

Anyone else who bought neo the world ends with you months ago just get an email from GameStop stating that due to a manufacturing error the incorrect game may have been packed into the case and now they’re sending out another copy whether you have the right game or not?

The reddit page has employees starting that when they were gutting it, they were finding copies of World War Z in them

So an employee said that he thought another 50 bonus was going down soon for the Xbox one x. I tried to trade it in but they said they couldn't do cash trades.
I just got back from trading in my Xbox One X and Nintendo Switch. Was going to trade-in for cash, but I told the manager I was bummed that the extra $50 trade-in bonus ended last week. He scanned in my systems to see what bonuses was available if I took trade-in credit, and the $50 bonus trade-in credit shown up for the X1X and $40 for the Switch. Got $325 for the X1X and $260 trade credit for the Switch. Bonus doesn't apply if you take cash.

Anyone else who bought neo the world ends with you months ago just get an email from GameStop stating that due to a manufacturing error the incorrect game may have been packed into the case and now they’re sending out another copy whether you have the right game or not?
Yes, I just got that email today as well. I never got my magnet pre-order bonus which is still “awaiting availability”, but the game itself was the right one, in the right box.

Huh, I bought my copy from Target. I guess I better open it and check it out.

I did.

ps4 or switch?

My son has these Switch games he wants to trade in would any of these get the $10 bonus

Let’s go Pikachu
Sega Genesis Classics
Super Bomberman R
Scribblenauts MegaPack

Can also confirm I have a valid Far Cry 6 game coin, after calling CS to get the points. Good until November 8th I think, I'll roll it into COD Vanguard and trade back with G2L.

Just went. It only was trading in for $3.30 for me so i kept it
When I went this evening (I posted before I went to the store), it rang up $3.30 as well, but when I showed the website, they matched the $12 base value, so YMMV I guess. Sorry.

I just got back from trading in my Xbox One X and Nintendo Switch. Was going to trade-in for cash, but I told the manager I was bummed that the extra $50 trade-in bonus ended last week. He scanned in my systems to see what bonuses was available if I took trade-in credit, and the $50 bonus trade-in credit shown up for the X1X and $40 for the Switch. Got $325 for the X1X and $260 trade credit for the Switch. Bonus doesn't apply if you take cash.
Promo still works for the Xbox One S as well. Just walked out of the store with $215 credit. The manager had no idea it was still a thing until he looked it up in his system so it sounds like no one really knows when it's gonna end.

Promo still works for the Xbox One S as well. Just walked out of the store with $215 credit. The manager had no idea it was still a thing until he looked it up in his system so it sounds like no one really knows when it's gonna end.

So… does it mean switch lite bonus is back too? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back