2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the order gets canceled but I purchased it with trade credit, does the trade credit get refunded to that trade card? Or how do I get refunded

I was able to pick up 3 of 4 Animal Crossing. The 4th one still says preparing order. I called the store and I asked if the game is ready for pick up. They told me that they're waiting for corporate to tell them if they can fulfill my order because of the $9.99 price. Lol

These trade promos have been so good lately I'm starting to get skeptical like Gamestop has some devious plan to buy up all the video games in the world

GameStop in a nutshell:

yWNsg0S.png

So how much would I get right now for a pro value of 13.20 store credit after the bonus? 19.80?

Also anyone know if employees can see everything you’ve purchased/traded in on the same day or will they only see it starting the next day?

So how much would I get right now for a pro value of 13.20 store credit after the bonus? 19.80?

Also anyone know if employees can see everything you’ve purchased/traded in on the same day or will they only see it starting the next day?
No, you would get $19.20: $12 base + $6 (50% extra) + $1.20 (10% Pro bonus).

Can someone tell me once and for all, for the absolute final time, if the rolling window for trade limits ($2000 total value/4 of one title) is 30 days or 90 days? Every time I think I know what it is, someone posts the opposite. Do we know absolutely for sure what it actually is?

Can someone tell me once and for all, for the absolute final time, if the rolling window for trade limits ($2000 total value/4 of one title) is 30 days or 90 days? Every time I think I know what it is, someone posts the opposite. Do we know absolutely for sure what it actually is?
Nobody knows and it could change at any time.

So they just removed Zombie Army Trilogy pre-owned from the site because they can't figure out how to fix the glitch? What kind of sirs do they have running this thing?

A lot of boosts on ps5 games (specifically the ones in the WM thread) - interesting. And that’s without the 50% bonus…. Probably still hang onto them, as an instant ps5 collection.

Traded in over $700 worth of games. From what I can tell, the promo applied to everything (that was listed online).

Question, is there any risk in giving the credit to someone else? Is it tied to my account?

Hey all, I don't know if anyone here had this issue before but...

I just went to GS to purchase something with Trade in Credit.  For some reason, there was only $15 left on it when I know it had at least $100 in it.  I went online to check the balance and it gave me a 'Something went wrong. Please try your request again.' so I can't pull up my transaction history (balance is $0 though).  The weird part is that I inputted a different card (Gift Card) and it was able to successfully pull up my transaction history.  Anyone had this issue before?

Nevermind, looks like someone stole my card info

You’re awesome, thank you! Only one Walmart has it around me and it’s about a 30 min drive.
I tried to get Gamestop, Target, and Best Buy to price match Walmart's Dread price, and none of them would match the in store picture I took. I hope it works for you, though!

Someone mentioned the chance of a ban for trading in the Animal Crossing from the $9.99 "glitch". How likely is it? I only have 1 copy to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back