2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I traded in some Switch games today and got about $160 in store credit and used some of that to buy an Xbox controller that was on sale for $49.49 on the website and used a monthly $5 rewards coupon to lower. Only after I got back home and looked at the receipt did I notice that the controller rung up as $59.99 and $54.99 with the coupon added.

Is this something that'll be easy to fix in store? I talked with customer service over chat they said they couldn't credit me the difference in rewards points or anything like that since it was a store purchase and have to physically go in to get it fixed. Will I also lose my coupon from this? I just started up a pro membership and haven't really dealt with GameStop over the years.

Also just to verify, I also got $43.20 for Animal Crossing and $40 for Mario Odyssey, Mario Tennis, and Mario Maker 2.
So how are some people getting $56 or $43?

So how are some people getting $56 or $43?
No idea how they managed to get $56. It shows up for $27 base online and the 50% bonus nets another $13.50 with the PUR 10% bonus adding another $2.70 for me. I was debating trading in some games last week and I think Animal Crossing was in the $30s, so maybe it's like that in the system at that store and adding the 60% in bonuses from that number?

No idea how they managed to get $56. It shows up for $27 base online and the 50% bonus nets another $13.50 with the PUR 10% bonus adding another $2.70 for me. I was debating trading in some games last week and I think Animal Crossing was in the $30s, so maybe it's like that in the system at that store and adding the 60% in bonuses from that number?
I'll have to trade in my last copy for $56 lol. Excellent deal tbh haha.

Traded in some of the Walmart clearance last night:

Values after all bonuses including pro.

Show 21...27.20
Nioh collection...27.20
Fenyx...19.20
Just Dance 21...12.80
Balan...16.00
Yakuza Like a...16.00
Zero Dawn Complete...9.60
Pathless...19.20
Puyo 2...12.80
Planet Coaster...24.00

Values seem to be holding this morning.
Is that ps4 show?

Looks like a good amount of values dropped, so double check your games before trading them in.

I been ban over 1-2 years too. My twitter responds was: At this time, we're no longer able to honor trades from you. While you're still welcome to purchase items online or in-store, we're not able to honor any further trades from you moving forward. This is a permanent decision and there is no process for it to be reviewed so this will be the case at all GameStop locations in-store and online.
Is this tied to your driver's license? Couldn't you just open a new account with a different email or phone number? I have multiple accounts but use my license for all of them. The store manager was fine with this as they are under my kids' names and I usually just redeem $5 Xbox credit with them each month. Just asking since I'm close to the trade limit with my main account, but could be close to going over if that total is tied to my license

It depends on the date because I got the same message for my ban and I’m in NY. So i made a new account under my girlfriends name and trade with hers or my mothers ID.

Yikes, that stinks. Hadn't made it in yet. Looks like I may sit this one out with $19 base trade values on all these Switch games
I have a bunch of games I was going to trade in but I have been working a lot lately and was going to go in Saturday. Well, that isn’t going to happen now. How often does GS offer the 50% bonus? Once a year?

I may just throw all my games up on eBay.

Is this tied to your driver's license? Couldn't you just open a new account with a different email or phone number? I have multiple accounts but use my license for all of them. The store manager was fine with this as they are under my kids' names and I usually just redeem $5 Xbox credit with them each month. Just asking since I'm close to the trade limit with my main account, but could be close to going over if that total is tied to my license
Probably not. I have tried that and the new account gets banned too. Different number, address, and email. Never used my license for the second account either. I trade under another person's account, with permission of course

Is there still a 10,000pt bonus for renewing Pro going on? Or am I best waiting until Black Friday where there'll surely be a similar offer?
The 10k points for renewing Pro is standard now, replacing the $5 coupon issued on the receipt. The promo which ended last week was a $5 discount on Pro memberships, making them $9.99 vs. $14.99.

So I just got an order I just put in the other day. I ordered seven deadly sins and tales of berseria because I wanted one with the cover art. They sent me another tales with no coverart and some how a bloodborne with nba 2k18 in the case lol. Would I have a problem returning it in store? Ive never had this issue with them before.

get those trade in  if you can. i was able to get the old higher TIV.  my store  did not update their systems  today  so it is YMMV  good luck  everyone

In the past a few people on here have mentioned using a passport to open a new account.

One of my Animal Crossing shows Order Status: Partially shipped, Then said Delivered. I been home all day. So I hope its wasn't stolen by a doordash or something.

does the monthly coupon double dip in store and online still? if so, do you have to use in store first and does it have to be same day? thanks!

does the monthly coupon double dip in store and online still? if so, do you have to use in store first and does it have to be same day? thanks!
I used it successfully last month. Haven't heard of any changes. I did in store first and then in store pickup order second

My Store said they are prepping for Black Friday week so they had alot of Stock they were putting out, mainly collectibles

of Note they had 10 Metroid Dread amiibos

They also had a copy of Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe Edition which... based on feedback and reviews of the game... I picked it up and they included the pre-order bonus Tin with some cards inside

I was charged 84.63 or close to it for the game but I paid with Trade Credit and noticed I paid 74.99, I wasn't charged tax using Trade Credit

Can you combine the $5 gift cards for Steam, Xbox or PlayStation later on into one? Anyone tried to accumulate over time using their $5 cert?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Can you combine the $5 gift cards for Steam, Xbox or PlayStation later on into one? Anyone tried to accumulate over time using their $5 cert?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Speaking for Xbox, you can add them and accumulate a balance on your Microsoft account (to save up for something big), but they'll be individual codes you need to redeem. So if you're planning to give a friend a $25 gift card for the holidays, let's say... You'll have to give them five $5 codes.

One of my Animal Crossing shows Order Status: Partially shipped, Then said Delivered. I been home all day. So I hope its wasn't stolen by a doordash or something.
i got the same thing. it says delivered but they never ship it. still havent gotten any email from them about being shipped with tracking nor NEW copy.

i got the same thing. it says delivered but they never ship it. still havent gotten any email from them about being shipped with tracking nor NEW copy.
According to the CS I spoke too, its shows delivered but back-ordered. He said to contact the store I ordered it to from, to ask them when it should be delivered. I stated I placed it online, So he double checked and said hmmm, yeah its shows back-ordered from the warehouse.

Speaking for Xbox, you can add them and accumulate a balance on your Microsoft account (to save up for something big), but they'll be individual codes you need to redeem. So if you're planning to give a friend a $25 gift card for the holidays, let's say... You'll have to give them five $5 codes.
If you're referring to MS points, once redeemed to your MS account, I think you only have three months to use them or they'll expire. They used to just sit in your account but it changed to three months a few years ago.

Does anyone know if there's a distinction on a receipt between a web-in-store preorder or an actual store preorder?
web-in-store preorder takes a lot longer, they'd confirm address and multiple other things with you. you'd know.

but yes, your receipt wouldn't show the item you were ordering, just gamestop.com order as the line on it. if it says the game that's in store.

I just got a review email from GameStop asking:
“How are you liking the Shipping / Service Charge you recently purchased?”
Obviously 5 stars. It’s the best shipping / service charge I’ve ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back