2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're referring to MS points, once redeemed to your MS account, I think you only have three months to use them or they'll expire. They used to just sit in your account but it changed to three months a few years ago.
MS Rewards points redeemed for gift cards expire after 90 days, but gift cards bought with real money (or GameStop credit in this case) never expire once added to an account.

Speaking for Xbox, you can add them and accumulate a balance on your Microsoft account (to save up for something big), but they'll be individual codes you need to redeem. So if you're planning to give a friend a $25 gift card for the holidays, let's say... You'll have to give them five $5 codes.
so could I purchase xbox codes, add them to my microsoft account and apply them to my halo series x purchase thus bringing down the cost?

If anyone else happened to choose same day shipping for their Animal Crossing order from last weekend, you ain't getting Animal Crossing, but I was at least compensated with 15,000 points after contacting them. Yay?

The 50% bonus is still active, but the lowered values visible online are most likely in effect now.
Data point: Just did a trade and looks like although some values seemed to have lowered online again from yesterday, I still got the higher trade in value from a couple of days ago.

Animal Crossing (Switch) is showing $21 base, but I got the $27 base in-store.

so could I purchase xbox codes, add them to my microsoft account and apply them to my halo series x purchase thus bringing down the cost?
Yes. If you're buying the console from the Microsoft store, you can use credit just the same as you'd use it to buy digital games on the Xbox Marketplace. And whether you're buying the codes with your coupons or your GS trade credit, once its added to your Microsoft account it'll never expire.

Has anyone picked up COD today? It's not G2L, correct? have a $50 certificate that was erroneously redeemed and I figured I'd just convert a G2L game to credit

Can confirm, the higher trade values are still in the system. Just got back and traded in COD Cold War (PS4) for $35 after 60%. Also got Jedi Fallen Order for $10 after my monthly coupon.

If any one has an extra copy they’d be willing to part with of animal crossing my fiancé now wants a copy for her own switch ? Pm

Data point: Just did a trade and looks like although some values seemed to have lowered online again from yesterday, I still got the higher trade in value from a couple of days ago.

Animal Crossing (Switch) is showing $21 base, but I got the $27 base in-store.
Anyone try any others like Mario Kart 8 (asking for a friend)?

Is the bonus, double the value? COD shows right now for $17 base
The bonus is 50% extra, but the TIV is whatever the value was through Wednesday of this week; you'll have to either go to a store yourself or call one to ask for a TIV lookup in order to know the "true" TIV.

"$35 after 60%" likely means Cold War currently has a $22 base ($22 + $11 + $2.20 = $35.20).

Bingo. I couldn't make it to GS yesterday, so I was pleased to see the values from earlier in the week we're still active in the system. If you have games to trade I would do it by today's end. The 50% ends Sunday. Between the trade 4+ games for 50% (From last month) and this current 50% trade in boost, I think GS is stocked for Black Friday and the holidays. Remember this isn't the GameStop of old where we would get boosted TIV at the end of the month and a 50% boost every 2 months. Things are drastically different. Take advantage of these promos and values while you can still get good profitability.

Has anyone picked up COD today? It's not G2L, correct? have a $50 certificate that was erroneously redeemed and I figured I'd just convert a G2L game to credit
Xbox Series X code was 3067637... I believe, the receipt is missing a small part of the far left print so the first number/symbol could be 3, 8, or even a B I guess.

Another confirmation that TIVs are still the old values. $32 dollars for Scarlet Nexus which I bought from GS for $30. Can't beat being actually paid to play a game.

Saw a few people returning COD vanguard already and couldn’t tell if they actually disliked it or are taking advantage of G2L, lol.

Also can confirm the old TIV are still going, got rid of Switch dragons dogma and Zombie army for $16 and $22.40

I'm glad I got my trades in before some tanked... Multiple days of road trips and driving to 15 Walmarts and 10 GS stores across two different states paid off this time around. You have to be very careful about buying and trading on the same accounts as I had one banned last month after a junior detective got too suspicious and shortly after one account was banned and the points were wiped. I managed to boomerang four Animal Crossing games back to them but you know damn well I did it over multiple accounts. After building up a few thousand in credit I then used it to buy the OLED Switches I found at some rural GS stores and then sold those on Marketplace and Offerup. This was a hell of a week and so far none of my accounts have been nuked (knock on wood). I'm taking this weekend off. Also I didn't get the 10,000 bonus points on one account but I'm just going to let it slide because the last thing I want them is to look into my account history...

Good luck, do tell if it works for you. I’ve had the Halo elite 2 controller on preorder with my CC and I cannot update the payment to use my Microsoft balance for the life of me.

Good luck, do tell if it works for you. I’ve had the Halo elite 2 controller on preorder with my CC and I cannot update the payment to use my Microsoft balance for the life of me.
I added $25 just to check and I can’t either. Then went through a rabbit hole of threads on Reddit and came to the conclusion that it’s not possible unless you get lucky and chat with a rep that will do it but that most of them say it’s not possible and I am NOT turning $600 in credit to Microsoft balance just to be denied

I'm glad I got my trades in before some tanked... Multiple days of road trips and driving to 15 Walmarts and 10 GS stores across two different states paid off this time around. You have to be very careful about buying and trading on the same accounts as I had one banned last month after a junior detective got too suspicious and shortly after one account was banned and the points were wiped. I managed to boomerang four Animal Crossing games back to them but you know damn well I did it over multiple accounts. After building up a few thousand in credit I then used it to buy the OLED Switches I found at some rural GS stores and then sold those on Marketplace and Offerup. This was a hell of a week and so far none of my accounts have been nuked (knock on wood). I'm taking this weekend off. Also I didn't get the 10,000 bonus points on one account but I'm just going to let it slide because the last thing I want them is to look into my account history...
Do you have a different phone number with each account? If so, how do you have so many phone numbers lol

My receipt has no G2L code for call of duty, was just going to play it for the weekend but I guess I'll just return it now

Also the idiots at my local store did the trades and purchase under some random persons account

Since there is no weekly ad anymore you can just ask for a printout of the weekly promos which lists the start date / end date.  :p

50% extra TIC supposedly ends 11/7

20% collectibles with Bag purchase that ends today (minus TCG/Lego)

4 pack glassware with Mario Party SS(12/31)

+25 tic for lites, +40 tic for switches, +50 tic for XB1 (11/30)

Since there is no weekly ad anymore you can just ask for a printout of the weekly promos which lists the start date / end date. :p

50% extra TIC supposedly ends 11/7
20% collectibles with Bag purchase that ends today (minus TCG/Lego)
4 pack glassware with Mario Party SS(12/31)
+25 tic for lites, +40 tic for switches, +50 tic for XB1 (11/30)
I wonder if I ask fur the glassware I’ll get it because I did buy Mario Party on release day but had no idea about the promotion.

This is my first month as Pro with the new system, I got no email and see nothing in my account about the monthly cert. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Anyone else order stuff somewhat recently and get their order stuck at "Awaiting Carrier Pickup" its been over a week so I contacted support and they were pretty useless not sure what to do now

This is my first month as Pro with the new system, I got no email and see nothing in my account about the monthly cert. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?
Go to active offers on your account. You should see a Pur Pro only store reward for $5 off one item which expires at the end of this month. Print and bring to the store. Rinse and repeat each month going forward.

New account as well and had to poke around to find it as no email sent to me either.

It’s been a week + and no one has bitten on my launch switch for switch OLED trade offer so I think I’ll just trade it in and wait for it to pop up in store
My switch has Zelda joy cons instead of the other two standard ones listed on the site, will I get hit with some kind of refurb fee or is any official joy cons accepted with any switch system for trade ins

It’s been a week + and no one has bitten on my launch switch for switch OLED trade offer so I think I’ll just trade it in and wait for it to pop up in store
My switch has Zelda joy cons instead of the other two standard ones listed on the site, will I get hit with some kind of refurb fee or is any official joy cons accepted with any switch system for trade ins
I believe it has to be all original parts, joy cons included, or it’s no deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back