2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get their animal crossing new horizons yet?
Mine still says “awaiting product availability” and I never got the email telling me they’re sending me a new copy 👀

Gamestop Order Status: "Awaiting Carrier Pickup".

Is it too much to expect delivery or should one start a chargeback
I had a game like that for ten days. I contacted CS and they started a new order with overnight shipping, now that one has been sitting on awaiting carrier pickup for about 4 days lol

I had a game like that for ten days. I contacted CS and they started a new order with overnight shipping, now that one has been sitting on awaiting carrier pickup for about 4 days lol
Overnight/express shipping is typically slower at GS since most orders are sent from stores. When it sits at awaiting carrier pickup it's because Fedex Express rarely actually goes into a store to pick up packages, and they cant give them to their normal Fedex Ground drivers....so it just sits. Avoid paying for the faster shipping and don't have the headache of calling to get it refunded.

Overnight/express shipping is typically slower at GS since most orders are sent from stores. When it sits at awaiting carrier pickup it's because Fedex Express rarely actually goes into a store to pick up packages, and they cant give them to their normal Fedex Ground drivers....so it just sits. Avoid paying for the faster shipping and don't have the headache of calling to get it refunded.
The initial order was regular shipping and it sat for over 10 days, did you miss that part?

also the label is sparks, nv. Isn’t that the warehouse?

Got $325 ($250 base + 10% pro + $50 pro bonus)  for a PS4 Pro 1 TB today. 

Also got $40 for a PS4 Controller today.  Base TIV was $25.   

I thought during the last 50% accessory trade promo that  PS4 controllers were fetching $42 or $43 with pro.  Anyone remember that or am I confused. 

Now to ask a question that has likely been asked over and over, lol. Will they reject controllers that don’t work? I have some PS3 and 360 controllers that quit working.
FWIW my stores don't have the equipment to test 360/PS3/Wii controllers anymore. They just press all the buttons and do a visual check and if it looks good, no refurb.

FWIW my stores don't have the equipment to test 360/PS3/Wii controllers anymore. They just press all the buttons and do a visual check and if it looks good, no refurb.
My store was the same when I did a 360 controller and a few move controllers last month. Just looked at them and moved on

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

they have not checked a single controller that ive traded in the past month+

one 10 second glance and thats it

FYI  GameStop e-mail entitled "Happy Collectors Week, HUGE savings just for you" that I received today has the return of the 50% extra credit for controllers, headsets and other accessories (just in case anyone needs verification that its back on...). There was no 'fine print' regarding the time the deal is active or if there are any exclusions. 

FYI GameStop e-mail entitled "Happy Collectors Week, HUGE savings just for you" that I received today has the return of the 50% extra credit for controllers, headsets and other accessories (just in case anyone needs verification that its back on...). There was no 'fine print' regarding the time the deal is active or if there are any exclusions.
I got the same email.

Was thinking of trading in some games before Black Friday, mostly 1st party switch, and holy hell I was shocked at how little they are giving now. Guess I will hold out for a bump sometime after xmas.

The initial order was regular shipping and it sat for over 10 days, did you miss that part?

also the label is sparks, nv. Isn’t that the warehouse?
that is likely warehouse yes, still commonly a fedex issue though, especially on the west coast. but yeah, doesn't change my point, faster shipping is typically even slower.

My store was the same when I did a 360 controller and a few move controllers last month. Just looked at them and moved on

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

they have not checked a single controller that ive traded in the past month+

one 10 second glance and thats it
Good to know, thanks. Going to try a store that I don't go to much first and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Now I don’t know who needs to hear this but if you are cashing out your GameStop credit for steam cards for the steam deck next month know that you can only take out $200 at a time. There’s a 5 hour cooldown before you can purchase more
Omg! You can buy the Steam Deck with Steam Cards?

Yep I've been slowly adding to my steam account with gamestop credit / Powerup rewards coupons / monthly $5 off on steam cards for a few months now. That 512gb model almost paid off!
Damn! I'm going to have to look into that. I don't have a PC and I'm looking to dip my toes in the water on PC games I've missed out on.

Last month (during the last accessory boost promo), I got charged a $7 refurb fee when I traded in some Xbox One and PS4 controllers. Total should have been $40, but instead I got $33.

Not really worth buying thumbsticks or whatever replacement parts online, since it usually take awhile (at best a couple days and at worst a couple weeks to get).
Thanks for your suggestion. Ended up getting almost $37 for the controller! They charged $3 for replacing the rubber on the analog stick.

Got $325 ($250 base + 10% pro + $50 pro bonus) for a PS4 Pro 1 TB today.

Also got $40 for a PS4 Controller today. Base TIV was $25.

I thought during the last 50% accessory trade promo that PS4 controllers were fetching $42 or $43 with pro. Anyone remember that or am I confused.
PS4 and Xbox One controllers were $40 after the PUR Pro bonus and 50% bonus.

Xbox 360 controllers were $19.20 after bonuses.

I do however think that the Xbox Series X controller was like $48, but I can't remember exactly as I didn't trade one in. I only bring that up as they're now only trading for $40 after bonuses.

If you have reward points and kinda want to do a boomerang I used it to buy the grey joycon used for $21 plus tax. Trades back in for $32 with the 50 percent promo. Also Regular Wii motes got me $16 and a PS3 dual shock got me $20

Why is Crysis Remastered $39.99 under "you may also like" but still regular price on its own page?
Do you have an active $10 cert in your Active Offers? I see that kind of thing ($5 off actual prices) periodically when my $5 monthly cert is active.

How much is the bump for reserving Pokemon?
20%. With Pro, it's a 30% total boost.

Yup same here nothing since they sent that email about the packaging error for neo twewy. Probably going to take them a while since it requires reprinting and fulfilling all the orders all over again. I still haven't opened mine so I don't know if it was one of the world war z rejects or not.

If you have reward points and kinda want to do a boomerang I used it to buy the grey joycon used for $21 plus tax. Trades back in for $32 with the 50 percent promo. Also Regular Wii motes got me $16 and a PS3 dual shock got me $20
Be careful doing this, there's a post earlier in this thread that states they're catching on to trading back in stuff you just bought from gamestop

If you can, make a second account to boomerang. Since I've been trade banned on my first account, I use it to buy and second account to trade in.

I use my parents' address, mom's phone number, and new email on the 2nd account.

Plus you get the benefits of two $5 coupons each month to use on digital currency.

I tried trading in a Wii mote last time and they said they couldn't find it in system. I couldn't find it online either

Edit: I googled it and found the page for it. I'll print this so they know the exact words to use

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=10101897

If you can, make a second account to boomerang. Since I've been trade banned on my first account, I use it to buy and second account to trade in.

I use my parents' address, mom's phone number, and new email on the 2nd account.

Plus you get the benefits of two $5 coupons each month to use on digital currency.
Do you happen to know if having multiple PUR accounts is or isn't against the rules? Gamestop is so fickle I can't decide whether or not they would care if someone gets multiple monthly coupons/etc

I tried trading in a Wii mote last time and they said they couldn't find it in system. I couldn't find it online either

Edit: I googled it and found the page for it. I'll print this so they know the exact words to use

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=10101897
when i went to trade in the controllers, the guy said right away that they dont take them anymore and gave me a bunch of excuses. i showed him the pages for the trade in values and then he didn't say anything else and took them.

Do you happen to know if having multiple PUR accounts is or isn't against the rules? Gamestop is so fickle I can't decide whether or not they would care if someone gets multiple monthly coupons/etc
My manager is really nice and actually suggested I have an account for me, my wife, and each of our kids - 5 total. I will routinely bring in all 5 cards and come home with $25 in Xbox credit without issue. I think it's a boost to them if they have more PUR sign ups. I have separate email addresses and names for them all, but I believe my phone number is on all of them except my wife's. That's my unique situation, and I'm sure it's YMMV depending on the management

My gamestop's know me too well and it turns into an interrogation with the JD's if I try this method

I tried making a second account with all different info except name but is was immediately banned after one trade. Do you use a different name?

Easier said then done but not if you live in a state that tracks by ID like NY. So it wouldn’t work in my case.

Does Gamestop still take the nunchuk controllers that go with the Wii remotes? Anybody know the base value or can post the link to the trade in page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back