2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Persona 5 Strikers $19.99 preowned on switch/ps4

13 sentinels $18.99 ps4

Yakuza remastered $18.99 ps4

Sakura Wars 18.99 ps4

Some nice new discounts/restocks today!

I put in 2 more orders and got:

PS4 - Persona 5 Strikers
PS4 - Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
PS4 - The Lost Child

PS4 - Atelier Ryza
PS4 - Atelier Ryza 2

Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Just grabbed online: 
13 Sentinels (18.99)
Last of Us 2 (18.99)
Yakuza remasteed collection (18.99)

Yesterday I went in-store and got:
Mass Effect Legendary collection (36.99)
Hitman 3 (34.99)
Resident Evil Village (44.99)

Didn't do as well with that in-store grab, but Village was a steelbook and I'd been wanting to play Hitman in VR for a long time.

Can't think of much else I really want. Maybe the Lego Marvel collection at $15. Game Pass has really reduced my buying habits of late.

These ps5 preowned b2g1, doesn't get any better than this. 

Tales of arise - 44.95

Far cry 6 - 44.95

Threw in a switch game to flip as filler

Love it

I got

Persona 5 Strikers, ps4

Judgement ps5

Deathloop ps5

Yakuza Collection ps4

Shin Megami Tensei remaster ps4

Dragon Quest Builders 2

total $88.12, less than $15 a piece

only thing I didnt like is the yakuza games are on gamepass, but i already started a couple on playstation, dragon quest builders 2 i started on xbox but ran into the exclusive cant save before i leave the island glitch that ended my playthrough.

In FH5 s there some weird issue with custom tunes for cars?  I want to apply a specific tune but it just doesn't work.  First the car is originally a class A car.  I was able to apply an S1 tune to it.  In the menus it still shows as class A.  but on the map it shows class S1.   That seems confusing ASF.

I was able to buy the S1 tune and paid some credits for it.  But the S2 tune I want supposedly allows me to download it, make it a favorite but it never asks me to pay nor does it put it in the my tunes section.  

Is it no longer for sale or something?   I don't remember having this much confusing trying to download and apply a specific tune.  

How are you getting orders through? Been trying to check out for the last hour and getting a high volume error try again. Are you using trade credit?

How are you getting orders through? Been trying to check out for the last hour and getting a high volume error try again. Are you using trade credit?
no problems with trade credit here, had to change browsers because I couldn't add to cart on firefox, again.

Metroid dread seems to have no TIV online which is weird no?
if there is no preowned listing, the TIV doesn't show up online

FYI: Deathloop rings up as $22.99 in store. Didn’t try others or the B2G1 because the employee was taking down the signs since they had an expiration date of 11/13.

Went a little crazy. My New games haul

Poison Control Ps4

Stubbs the Zombies Ps4

Stubbs the Zombies Xbox one

Chicken police ps4

Little nightmares 2 ps4

Doom 3 vr ps4

Except poison control & little nightmares 2, all are GameStop exclusives. Have tapered down any expectations of getting sealed, but at least they will come with original box(hopefully)

Used Games haul

Yakuza remastered collection ps4

13 sentinels ps4

Shin Megami Tensei iii nocturne ps4

Cave story+ Switch
Persona 5 Royal PS4

Bayonetta/Vanquish 10th anniversary Xbox one

Sakura wars ps4

Kingdom come deliverance royal edition ps4

persona 5 strikers ps4

Now to play the original case lottery. Everything total was about $200 & change for 15(6 new, 9 preowned) games. I am done done with this sale

I can’t stand that my GS doesn’t pull store pickup orders immediately after opening. They had all three PS5 games I wanted and it’s been a hour and a half and still no pickup notice.

Converted my mountain of animal crossing trade credit into death loops, getting so fucking rich
Are you trading these in for $27, waiting for bump, or selling for cash? I had picked up a copy for $37 used a couple weeks ago and am considering trading it in today for $27 (bought 3 copies this morning for $49)

p5 strikers ans judgement are 20 in store no need to pm
also reward points can be used with b2get1 so its very good in store

So when you place a pre-order on trade credit, the amount does not get deducted until the item gets shipped. Does anyone know what happens if you place a pre-order on trade credit, but later spend too much and bring the trade balance below the item price?

So when you place a pre-order on trade credit, the amount does not get deducted until the item gets shipped. Does anyone know what happens if you place a pre-order on trade credit, but later spend too much and bring the trade balance below the item price?
Unless it's changed recently, I believe you get an email which links your to a page for payment revision, where only cc info can be entered.

This week's deals.

FEKgeh-VVk-AIAc-Tn.jpg

Are you trading these in for $27, waiting for bump, or selling for cash? I had picked up a copy for $37 used a couple weeks ago and am considering trading it in today for $27 (bought 3 copies this morning for $49)
Wondering this myself. I was hoping there would be a trade bump post holidays. It seems as though it is less common to discuss flips here than it was previously? I have a list of games I picked up that I believe will be good boomerangs within a few months.

Wondering this myself. I was hoping there would be a trade bump post holidays. It seems as though it is less common to discuss flips here than it was previously? I have a list of games I picked up that I believe will be good boomerangs within a few months.
I just took a chance and loaded up on first party switch games, for these I will wait. For Deathloop specifically, it dropped in TIV recently and I wonder if it will drop again due to price matching Walmart BF deal ($25 new). I assume the current used price reflects that intention.

This promotion is only with respect to cash payments, correct? I finally got to 15k points and redeemed for a free year coupon last night. Wondering if I'd be able to get 5k back.
Yes, this is for cash or trade credit / gift card payments. If you did not go in today to redeem in store yet, just contact CS and they will refund your points.

Has anyone here done a return via Fedex? And if so, how long did it take you to get your money back? My return would be on a trade in card, if that matters for how they process it.

Grabbed the last Deathloop in my area for $18 after double-dipping my monthly coupon. Guess I'll wait a couple days before trading it back in, if they're watching for boomerangs now. Hope the value holds somewhat.

Some of these used prices are tempting but how is the quality of GS's used games these days? Obviously cartridges are the safest but it's discs I'm worried about. Better to buy in person I suppose.

Some of these used prices are tempting but how is the quality of GS's used games these days? Obviously cartridges are the safest but it's discs I'm worried about. Better to buy in person I suppose.
I'd say order online and just take it back up to the store if you dont end up liking it. These games will be bought up very quick so they might not last consistently. I haven't had an issue with a disk before. Only with a cartridge, ironically.

So for $160 I got six PS5 games

1. Demon Souls
2. Deathloop
3. Sackboy
4. Returnal
5. GoT:Directors Cut
6. Rachel and Clank

Works out to about $27 a game I don’t think that’s too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back