2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty laughable though that in the first few years of stores opening on Thanksgiving, Gamestop was like "Out of consideration of our employees and their families, we will be closed on TG" where as now they're like, SCREW THAT LOL!
I preferred them being closed, gave me time to go to other stores first. Sucks for their employees, hope they make a stink.

If it’s just you, why would you say it here? For affirmation? Call me old school, but the business is scheduled to be open, trying to remain competitive on a holiday that traditionally has seen businesses open every single year. It’s part of the job… I never really joined the “let’s be sensitive” tribe, especially when it just comes off lazy.
There is nothing lazy about not wanting to work on a major holiday after working year round.

Tradition is garbage and often used as a way to justify bad ideas. I don't need to get into sensitive areas, but I'm sure you realize there are plenty of 'traditional' things in the US that were done away for the better. It's a moot point anyway since stores opening on Thanksgiving and not Black Friday is a fairly recent thing, at least during my lifetime.

If it’s just you, why would you say it here? For affirmation? Call me old school, but the business is scheduled to be open, trying to remain competitive on a holiday that traditionally has seen businesses open every single year. It’s part of the job… I never really joined the “let’s be sensitive” tribe, especially when it just comes off lazy.
That boot must taste good to be licking it so hard, I suppose.

Well old school would be closed Sunday, no evening hours, and extra pay for working holidays in the few industries that were open. So not sure what kind of old school you are referring to, sounds more like corporate ass licking.

The problem is that having stores closed on holidays is a tradition in this country so them having the stores opened on those days is actually getting rid of that tradition. To that I say good for them. Not everyone even celebrates holidays or even has other people to celebrate them with so why should stores be forced to close on those days? Holidays are basically just another day for me and many others so why should we be inconvenienced if we wanted to shop those days because other people feel entitled to close them on days they personally feel are more special than others even though not everyone agrees with that? So you're right, getting rid of bad traditions in this country is a step in the right direction. We are a diverse country and not everyone agrees in celebrating certain holidays so honestly we should get rid of them entirely, especially offensive ones like Thanksgiving (and if you don't know why Thanksgiving is problematic then I'm not going to educate anyone on that).
your argument is that what feelings employees personally feel should not matter because thats how you personally feel?

The problem is that having stores closed on holidays is a tradition in this country so them having the stores opened on those days is actually getting rid of that tradition. To that I say good for them. Not everyone even celebrates holidays or even has other people to celebrate them with so why should stores be forced to close on those days? Holidays are basically just another day for me and many others so why should we be inconvenienced if we wanted to shop those days because other people feel entitled to close them on days they personally feel are more special than others even though not everyone agrees with that? So you're right, getting rid of bad traditions in this country is a step in the right direction. We are a diverse country and not everyone agrees in celebrating certain holidays so honestly we should get rid of them entirely, especially offensive ones like Thanksgiving (and if you don't know why Thanksgiving is problematic then I'm not going to educate anyone on that).
This is as simple as 1x1=1, right?

If someone has no friends or family and doesn't celebrate a holiday to begin with then why should they have to deal with closed stores on that day since it's just another day for them? It's wrong (and offensive) to force traditions on the entire society just because some people feel entitled and privileged enough that we should just shut down society on whatever made up days that they feel like. Especially ones that are highly problematic to the indigenous people. Good that companies are finally progressing and waking up to this and customers are as well because if no one shopped on those days they wouldn't do this. So we are heading in the progressive direction in breaking down these oppressive traditions.
so no one would shop on thanksgiving as long as no business was open then?

Hi, IATCAG!

That boot must taste good to be licking it so hard, I suppose.
Thanksgiving is just another day. It’s one of, if not the, biggest business day of the year. I love the people who get sensitive because other sensitives instantly back you up. Must be a rough life to ignore that money controls everything - including you guys here hunting for deals. Every dollar counts, but not if it means you have to work on the busiest day of the year? Weird

Lol so GameStop had a price glitch I’m assuming. I wish I would’ve ordered more but every game I grabbed is back up to $40. I slept on deathloop oh well. It’s something I can deal without.

Deathloop TIV dropped already.
I wager it'll go back up if you're willing to wait though.
Re: Thanksgiving. I understand keeping certain stores open because yes, people may need certain things or want to go somewhere to eat but nobody NEEDS anything from GameStop badly enough that they can't be closed for a day.

Deathloop TIV dropped already.
I wager it'll go back up if you're willing to wait though.
Re: Thanksgiving. I understand keeping certain stores open because yes, people may need certain things or want to go somewhere to eat but nobody NEEDS anything from GameStop badly enough that they can't be closed for a day.
The owners of the company are scumbags. I worked there when I was in my 20’s. They don’t have to pay holidays to people who get hired for seasonal work it’s a big reason they stay open.

Also it looks like they meant to mark stuff down $5 in the system and it fucked it again hence the pricing of things being so low earlier. Everyone got a bonus Black Friday gift haha

Thanksgiving is just another day. It’s one of, if not the, biggest business day of the year. I love the people who get sensitive because other sensitives instantly back you up. Must be a rough life to ignore that money controls everything - including you guys here hunting for deals. Every dollar counts, but not if it means you have to work on the busiest day of the year? Weird
So which is it? Is Thanksgiving just another day or the biggest business day of the year?

Black Friday is the biggest money maker of the year[/spoiler
]

So in guessing GameStop accidentally turned on a lot of their black Friday prices so may give a glimpse as to what some of the deals will be. Prices are all back to normal.

So in guessing GameStop accidentally turned on a lot of their black Friday prices so may give a glimpse as to what some of the deals will be. Prices are all back to normal.
Those weren’t bf deals. It was a pricing error like what happened with animal crossing. They meant to mark down a bunch of things $5 and for whatever reason it registered wrong. They have no choice but, honor it now though.

I love people who think they hold some level of superiority over others, like you seem to, when they are actually dumber than dirt. Thanksgiving isn't even in the top 10 for busiest sales days of the year so try again mister CREAM.

Actually don't, go back to sitting quietly in your corner until you can spend two seconds to even formulate a sensible argument.

A lot of these prices were honestly pretty good, and even better if your local store had the games in stock. Pretty happy with my purchases overall. All in box with art, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of these prices were honestly pretty good, and even better if your local store had the games in stock. Pretty happy with my purchases overall. All in box with art, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like i got lucky yesterday, I went to the store and was able to return my $40 deathloop instead of trading for $27 thanks to the pleasant and helpful employee's lenience on holiday returns (bought/delivered on 10/31)

I did pickup 3 copies yesterday of deathloop B2G1 for $49 so the TIV drop is definitely disappointing (figured it was coming as per my post yesterday) but that still comes out to  1 copy for $14 if I choose to just trade the others in (may try to sell on offerup instead).  

Anyone else have a preorder of Shin Megami Tensei V Premium Edition not get shipped yet?  This is ridiculous, but I should expect that from GS I suppose.  I chatted with them, and they basically said "we may or may not get more in, but we're out right now.  If we do get it in, we'll ship it."  ...I don't think this is how preorders work.

Anyone else have a preorder of Shin Megami Tensei V Premium Edition not get shipped yet? This is ridiculous, but I should expect that from GS I suppose. I chatted with them, and they basically said "we may or may not get more in, but we're out right now. If we do get it in, we'll ship it." ...I don't think this is how preorders work.
Some stores still had them in stock when I went through the past couple of days. Maybe get a refund and try your look in store or just with another company? That sucks though.

Anyone else have a preorder of Shin Megami Tensei V Premium Edition not get shipped yet? This is ridiculous, but I should expect that from GS I suppose. I chatted with them, and they basically said "we may or may not get more in, but we're out right now. If we do get it in, we'll ship it." ...I don't think this is how preorders work.
Even many Amazon pre-orders have not been not fulfilled and are still on "Order Received" days after the release date, so I wonder if something happened with this game in particular.

Even many Amazon pre-orders have not been not fulfilled and are still on "Order Received" days after the release date, so I wonder if something happened with this game in particular.
The whole supply chain is kinda screwed up now. That and Amazon shipping this thing to be people with no box or padded enevelope, just slapping a sticker on the game box leads me to believe alot of them will show up on the Amazon Warehouse in a few weeks (with crushed/dented boxes)

Imagine getting mad at a company for closing during a holiday. Let the workers have a day off Jesus man some of you guys don't even deserve to be in the hobby.

I'm trying to get the Halo Elite Series 2 controller. Called multiple Gamestops, not a single one in my area has a controller in stock in store. They said that it would be available online, but I am not sure that I buy that.

I'm trying to get the Halo Elite Series 2 controller. Called multiple Gamestops, not a single one in my area has a controller in stock in store. They said that it would be available online, but I am not sure that I buy that.
That controller was online only and were very limited

Anyone had an Animal Crossing order that said "awaiting product availability" and get it to ship? I only bought 1 copy and paid $6 shipping. Seems like the ones that had 3 in the order shipped and the single copies didn't. It went from preparing to ship to "awaiting... I'm just wondering if contacting support will get it to move, been dying to play with the new update.

Gamestop matched Amazon's $40 Far Cry 6 DotD price, lowering the used price to $37.99. If you're interested in it now, getting one in a B2G1 set is probably the lowest you'll get for BF; otherwise, it'll likely drop more in a couple months as per usual with Ubisoft's stuff.

So what is the most tactful way of trading in my Cyberpunk 2077 controller for $40 then buying it back from the store for $9.99?
I just wouldn't unless I knew the employees and they don't give a sh*t about corporate. You run the risk of having the trade/purchase denied and having your account flagged for an LP review if some jr detective is at the register.

So this is definitely the best time to stock up on Pro membership, right? Since it's $5 off and the 10K immediately recoups the cost. They're probably not going to have any better promotions anytime soon.

I traded in a bunch of stuff on Friday, and I signed up for Pro at the same time. Looking at my account online, shouldn't I have rewards for the trade ins? All I have is are two $5 certs, one for online and one for in-store.

Also, is there any chance they would give me credit for the $9.99 Pro promotion they just started? Not sure how lenient GS is with this kind of thing.

Another question about selling games -- why on earth are people on eBay paying upwards of $150 for Metroid Prime Trilogy when GS sells it for $50?

I just wouldn't unless I knew the employees and they don't give a sh*t about corporate. You run the risk of having the trade/purchase denied and having your account flagged for an LP review if some jr detective is at the register.
I mean couldn’t I just make the purchase without using my pro account and use cash?
I’ll level with the cashier and see if he’s comfortable enough to let me do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back