2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does someone double dip on the monthly $5 coupon? I assume you use it in store first and record the code to save for later? In that case, do we know how long the code is active for after it's used in the store? I am wondering this because double dipping would certainly save on the tax/delivery fees if I plan to order more online. 

How does someone double dip on the monthly $5 coupon? I assume you use it in store first and record the code to save for later? In that case, do we know how long the code is active for after it's used in the store? I am wondering this because double dipping would certainly save on the tax/delivery fees if I plan to order more online.
You have the code in the email so just use it online after using it in store. I used it in store on the 1st of the month and then double dipped online yesterday with no issues.

the code is usually good until the normal expiration date

Got my 1 of 3 order of preowned games. Pleasantly surprised that all 3 games came with original box/artwork

For about 40 bucks total, this was not shabby at all. Hope the luck continues 

[attachment=36339:611C8C4F-5207-4A06-A235-831EFD65161B.jpeg]

I usually go into the GS app and screen shot the code. Then use it in store as normal, then you can apply the code to an online order later.

You can also copy/paste the code into an online order but don't make the purchase. When you go back later (after using in store) the code should still be applied to the order.

This also works on Game coin btw.

Got 2 of my 3 games today. Sackboy came with original case and in great condition. GS shipped me the deluxe version of Deathloop instead of the regular and it came with all the inserts and original case. The code to redeem the deluxe items worked too! Just waiting for Miles Morales to arrive.

Any particular reason Astral Chain is $55 used?

Thinking of grabbing that plus Luigi's Mansion 3 plus Super Smash Bros, but $108 with tax seems steep

Got my 1 of 3 order of preowned games. Pleasantly surprised that all 3 games came with original box/artwork

For about 40 bucks total, this was not shabby at all. Hope the luck continues

attachicon.gif
611C8C4F-5207-4A06-A235-831EFD65161B.jpeg
It certainly is lucky to get cases anymore let alone non generic ones. Missing the outer box for sentinels aside it looks like everything is there.

Thinking of grabbing that plus Luigi's Mansion 3 plus Super Smash Bros, but $108 with tax seems steep
Nintendo tax mainly. they always seem to charge more for nintendo stuff. You can probably find it for 50-60 at walmart for the ones that still have it in stock. For a game that reportedly sold over a million copies there sure aren't that many out in the wild.

I hate when the label is created and it just sits there in awaiting carrier pickup. Like the store itself just forgot to pack it?
The one time I actually paid for expedited shipping, it was there for 2 weeks before it finally shipped. I had to call CS and complain. They forget far too often to give it to FedEx.

I got one of my orders yesterday, the other is awaiting carrier pickup. Both orders were placed on the same day. It's terribly inconsistent with GameStop.

buy 2 get 1 free working on new games again.
What happens if we try to return one of the games. Specifically I ordered new and "gutted" copies come in the mail. I don't buy these in store and can't give them as gifts so if I am unable to exchange them, can I return one game or do I have to return all 3?

So infuriating ordering new games from GS.com and getting shit that has already been opened.

What happens if we try to return one of the games. Specifically I ordered new and "gutted" copies come in the mail. I don't buy these in store and can't give them as gifts so if I am unable to exchange them, can I return one game or do I have to return all 3?

So infuriating ordering new games from GS.com and getting shit that has already been opened.
Does the packing slip show the price for the game? If it does, you can return it.

I got my three games yesterday and to my surprise they were all factory sealed. :D/

SMTV, Ys IX and Undernauts.  Last few times I ordered switch games I got gutted copies.

I got my three games yesterday and to my surprise they were all factory sealed. :D/

SMTV, Ys IX and Undernauts. Last few times I ordered switch games I got gutted copies.
Maybe that's one good thing about the labor shortage. Employees are too busy to pointlessly gut new games based on some idiotic business practice.

SMTV, Ys IX and Undernauts. Last few times I ordered switch games I got gutted copies.
Wow, nice... My 6 games were all discs and carts only but I assumed they would be.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Maybe that's one good thing about the labor shortage. Employees are too busy to pointlessly gut new games based on some idiotic business practice.
So now I just remove the shrink wrap for no reason and... there we go, time for the case-ruining dot sticker.... and... voila! Brand New™ and ready for shipping to the customer.

Me receiving my brand new game: :oldman:

The one time I actually paid for expedited shipping, it was there for 2 weeks before it finally shipped. I had to call CS and complain. They forget far too often to give it to FedEx.

I got one of my orders yesterday, the other is awaiting carrier pickup. Both orders were placed on the same day. It's terribly inconsistent with GameStop.
It doesn’t help that they use FedEx.

One of my orders came from Grapevine TX (assuming warehouse) and FedEx info is: (smdh)

Initially expected: 11/17
Now expected: 11/17 (with a fucking early badge next to it)

But it’s in AZ as of this morning. And I live in Northern California. If it shows up today, I’ll eat the steel book.

Not really in this topic but people expecting used copies to have a case is insane.

On the flip side not having the wrap on a game and then trying to call it new is also insane.

I don't really roll the dice on the website unless I can sell it quickly loose or not.

Not really in this topic but people expecting used copies to have a case is insane.

On the flip side not having the wrap on a game and then trying to call it new is also insane.

I don't really roll the dice on the website unless I can sell it quickly loose or not.
I think it is insane that Gamestop will often not include the case and include games loose in a ziploc bag.

Just call it what it is, Gamestop is run like crap and has somehow become worse since Cohen took over. If you expect them to operate like any successful business you are going to wind up angry or let down, if you expect them to operate like some random guy started a video game business out of his trunk your expectations are spot on.

Just call it what it is, Gamestop is run like crap and has somehow become worse since Cohen took over. If you expect them to operate like any successful business you are going to wind up angry or let down, if you expect them to operate like some random guy started a video game business out of his trunk your expectations are spot on.
A lot of people here on CAG are random guys who started a video game business out of their trunk and they do a better job than GS these days.

Different Cohen owns the Mets…
I thought it was the same guy, sorry for being an idiot. I haven't followed this stuff too closely, and Steve Cohen was tied to GS last year sometime and I made assumptions.
Still guessing I'd like most CAG resellers better than RYAN Cohen, who I know nothing about.

I got my first new game out of 6 in. It was gutted.

I don't really know why I bothered, because the last time I bought a new game there, Persona Endless Night Collection a  couple years ago, it was gutted and had a generic case.

I've received 9 of the games I ordered so far and 3 of the PS4 games are in generic cases and 2 of the Switch games were cart-only in paper sleeves, ugh.

I suppose I can understand getting rid of the cases for Switch games if you use a travel case or something but I'm pretty disappointed that the 2 somewhat-rare PS4 games I ordered (Teslagrad & Adam's Venture Origins) came disc-only.

On the plus side, the PS4 copy of Persona 5 Strikers I received came with an unused DLC voucher so that was a nice bonus.

It looks like the rest of my order(s) should be here tomorrow so I can return/exchange all the incomplete stuff at a local GS on Friday before the sale ends.

So you know, Gamspot announced last week, many 1st party Switch games will be $40 new on Black Friday, including Astral Chain. Both Zeldas Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Kirby, Xenoblade, Paper Mario, NSMBUD, MARIO MAKER.

Also b2g1 NEW has been turned back on for 1599 games. Ad is right on the GS landing page. If you dont feel like scrolling all those pages to browse, look for the Green B2G1 NEW on the games you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back