2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like adams venture is only $2 bucks on PS Store anyways, so not too bad of a loss.
Yeah, it's dirt-cheap digitally but I was interested in adding the physical version to my collection. The US PS4 release is somewhat rare - it's been recently selling on eBay for around $100. I may hang onto it and try to swap it out for a CIB copy down the road.

ended up trading two wii remotes, and a old joycon i got at launch. they would not take my other wii remote with motionplus in it. I was ok with it, I preordered pokemon pearl digitally for me and my girls switch. So I cant be to upset.
If it's possible to cancel your digital pre-order, Wal-Mart has a price error on the digital version of the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Double Pack - it's $50 off so you can get both games for $76 after tax (*it's a single code that can only be redeemed on one Switch console):

[EDIT] They fixed the price mistake - back up to $119.99.

Gamestop added $1 and $3 coupons that you can buy with rewards points, which might be useful somehow, maybe?
I feed my Star Wars Vintage Collection figure addiction at GS, so the $3 cert is very useful to me in conjunction with the monthly $5. Cuts down on taxable total too.

What are the odds the pokemon games tomorrow are added to B2G1? SMTV was after release.

Edit: I have the double pack on preorder and am thinking I might cancel it to buy the two games separately with a free game. Do you get anything of substance with the double pack or is it just the pins, free items in game and a cardboard box with both games?

How much are you trying to sell your Series S for? I might be interested.
$265+SH which I paid for(Shipping wouldn't be much as the unit itself is light. Wouldn't go through USPS but UPS/FedEx) . Was willing to go with GameStop since would be able to avoid fees,taxes and handling but have not brought in yet. The only thing is I don't have PayPal anymore that's useable on account they randomly banned me without warning or explanation as to why so now I resort to using other apps.

Can verify and provide proof if needed for system as far as working wise goes. Just does not have original box

Is there still a way to see price drops on the site? Used to be a section of just price changes/drops. sorry to ask again but I think it got buried

$265+SH which I paid for(Shipping wouldn't be much as the unit itself is light. Wouldn't go through USPS but UPS/FedEx) . Was willing to go with GameStop since would be able to avoid fees,taxes and handling but have not brought in yet. The only thing is I don't have PayPal anymore that's useable on account they randomly banned me without warning or explanation as to why so now I resort to using other apps.

Can verify and provide proof if needed for system as far as working wise goes. Just does not have original box
I also want to let know will need an answer by at least today or tomorrow as don't want to miss out if bonuses do count for next gen systems

GameStops computers must be pretty messed up. I keep getting emails to review purchases I obviously didn't make.
Did you trade in what you supposedly bought? I've gotten emails about things that I supposedly purchased but as I kept getting them, I noticed that they were items that I traded in, like a PS4 Pro and a Switch and not just recently a game that I traded it. I was worried at first because I thought someone might have somehow gotten into my account and purchased those items but looking through my account history showed nothing, so I'm positive it's the trade in that are kicking the emails

Did you trade in what you supposedly bought? I've gotten emails about things that I supposedly purchased but as I kept getting them, I noticed that they were items that I traded in, like a PS4 Pro and a Switch and not just recently a game that I traded it. I was worried at first because I thought someone might have somehow gotten into my account and purchased those items but looking through my account history showed nothing, so I'm positive it's the trade in that are kicking the emails
No I don't trade in stuff to them and certainly didn't trade in steam gift cards, the new Xbox or the other games.

Gamestop either changed the way they fulfill online sales or stores are finally getting more than 1 copy of niche titles because 11 out of 12 of my B2G1 new games from last weekend shipped to me sealed, which seems unprecendented. And I was ordering weird niche crap like Idea Factory and PQube games.

received spiderman instead of amazing spiderman 2

previous copy i ordered came empty

xcQGMSS.png

Is GameStop still giving a $5 welcome bonus for renewing your Pro membership? I renewed early a few days ago (membership expires in a few days) but got an email with a $5 coupon. I haven't received my 10k renewal points yet.

No $5, just 10K points (which is actually better since it's worth a $10 certificate). If the points don't show up in a few more days, you might want to call customer service.

[attachment=36368:8E408D18-B89C-4611-808E-57DF0BCF75F9.jpeg]

Ran out of luck in next order & 2 preowned game cases came generic. Had no issues going to store & exchange with 2 complete games. Persona Royal came with steelbook. Both Royal & strikers rang up higher price in store but they overrode the prices. I am starting to like my local GameStop a lot! 

Off to do the survey now

I've gotten all but 2 of my games (Runbow Pocket for 3DS & The Lost Child for PS4) as of today, with mostly good results!

First, the good stuff:

j4CSg1z.jpg

Bayonetta 2's insert is ripped up/stained so I'm hoping I can swap that out somewhere but otherwise everything else is in great shape!

As an added bonus, Persona 5 Strikers came with an unused DLC voucher and Trails of Cold Steel 4 came with a soundtrack (but not the art book, ah well).

The duds:

fnLZqQt.jpg

I had my old case for the copy of MK8 I traded in years ago so that's no big deal but I'm surprised that something as recent as Game Builder Garage came cart-only (Steins Gate being cart-only is annoying too). The bottom 3 PS4 games were all cheap $9.99 gambles that I'll just return so I suppose the only major disappointment is that Adam's Venture Origins came disc-only. The other games from that B2G1 set came complete so I guess I'll just hang onto it and swap it out if I ever come across a complete copy.

Picked up some games from my local store that were still marked at the "glitched" price from a few days ago. The computer ran up newer price but the employee honored the price on the sticker.

I hit the GameStop lottery. All of the Switch pre-owned games I ordered online during the B2G1 sale came with the original cases. My haul:

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Super Mario 3D World

Zelda: Skyward Sword

Out of the 30 plus games I got, only around 8 came without cases. I had 6 of those cases lying around, so that just left Root Film and Trails of Cold Steel IV. What a bummer, but still not bad considering the price.

And I spent over a hundred yesterday picking up the last few games with the last of my store credit, so we shall see. It was in store, so I don't know if it was an online deal only.

They sent me cold steel 3 instead of 4 so after giving them a call, I was refunded $30 even though it was the free game in my b2g1 order. I'll take it.

Gamestop either changed the way they fulfill online sales or stores are finally getting more than 1 copy of niche titles because 11 out of 12 of my B2G1 new games from last weekend shipped to me sealed, which seems unprecendented. And I was ordering weird niche crap like Idea Factory and PQube games.
I ordered 6 games in the new game B2G1 free deal on Saturday and all 6 came factory sealed (I was shocked!).

I just tried to try my luck again and ordered the following in the B2G1 free deal on new games:

Sonic Colors Launch Edition (Switch)

Sonic Colors Launch Edition (PS4)

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania (PS5)

All for $40. Hopefully they all come sealed too, in the launch packages.

I was planning to grab Sonic Colors & Super Monkey Ball for $19.99 each from Target on Sunday but this worked out even better! :D

Ordered:

Switch - Sonic Colors Ultimate

Switch - Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania
PS4 - Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania

for $42.45 shipped.

People have talked about double dipping with the monthly $5 in-store and online. This is my first month since the new program, I haven't used in-store yet, I just want to know how to use it online because the promo code box isn't accepting it. 

Weird. For new games it’s not letting me choose anything other than ship. Pick up in store isn’t even an option

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back