2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received my online order from GameStop. Of course one game is missing and the packing slip says it's in there. The previous order I got a switch game that is broken and my switch can't read.

Honestly if I didn't have so much credit, I would never shop at GameStop. So many clowns work there that just can't do their job right.

Just received my online order from GameStop. Of course one game is missing and the packing slip says it's in there. The previous order I got a switch game that is broken and my switch can't read.

Honestly if I didn't have so much credit, I would never shop at GameStop. So many clowns work there that just can't do their job right.
Hopefully that’s not hard to fix

I just got off the phone with CS. They will ship me a new one, and the broken game I have to go in the store and return. They will give me full credit for it even though it was part of the Buy 2 Get 1 free.

I just got back from my store. I got new copies of Demon’s Souls, Sackboy, and Deathloop, all for PS5, and the buy 2 get 1 free still worked in store. I also had a $15 certificate I was planning to use towards my Kena preorder but it had not come in yet. However, it did take $15 off Demon’s Souls, making it come up as $25, Sackboy at $30, and Deathloop was still free.

Mass Effect Legendary (27.99) and Guardians of the Galaxy (29.99) just dropped to BF pricing on gamestop with the b2, g1 free (new).

I'm sure some others may follow soon.

I just got back from my store. I got new copies of Demon’s Souls, Sackboy, and Deathloop, all for PS5, and the buy 2 get 1 free still worked in store. I also had a $15 certificate I was planning to use towards my Kena preorder but it had not come in yet. However, it did take $15 off Demon’s Souls, making it come up as $25, Sackboy at $30, and Deathloop was still free.
So the correct prices were ringing up in store to match the online prices?

I did. Still 60 lol. Weird

Edit: I see ps5 is 30 actually, I was looking at Xbox. Do you think if I bought ps5 they’d just let me swap it in store
Yeah, I was searching for PS5 so I assumed the others dropped too. Sorry about that. I hope everybody else got in at the last minute.

People have reported here that b2g1 is live instore today. But i doubt that the prices that recently changed online will be the same instore. Very ymmv for multiple pms in a b2g1 set.

People have reported here that b2g1 is live instore today. But i doubt that the prices that recently changed online wont be the same instore. Very ymmv for muktiple pms in a b2g1 set.
I think the big question now is whether the B2G1 on New is still active in-store similarly to how TIVs that dropped online were still high in-store for another 1-2 days.

People have reported here that b2g1 is live instore today. But i doubt that the prices that recently changed online wont be the same instore. Very ymmv for multiple pms in a b2g1 set.
Additional data point: Prices were correct in store for my Judgment, Lost Judgment, and Nocturne. This was at about 10:30 a.m. EST.

Wanted to post my latest run here. Bought a bunch of ps5 and switch games last week when the B2G1 first went live. Saw today all the prices had dropped so I wanted to do a return-rebuy.

I had made the order online so to do a return, I had to go through the website and select "return in store".

Explained everything to the cashier, he completely understood and scanned everything up. Not sure if this part was a glitch or not, but the games that counted as "free" in my order as part of the B2G1, rang up for full refund price. 

He was able to apply the new online prices and the current B2G1 so I was able to rebuy all my games at the way lower prices.

So when it was all over, I walked out with all my games and almost got all my money back because of the free games being refunded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back