2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering if the B2G1 used is still going on in store, may try to hit my store when they open to get a couple of the switch games on sale. Can't beat the price if B2G1 is still active.

Why can’t you use Reward Certificates? I was planning on using some for an OQ2 in store when GameStop first opened
They might work in store, but mine didn’t work for me online. Just says that there are no eligible items when I have the OQ2 in my cart. It may be because there’s a GC bundled in or maybe some hardware is excluded. The certificate did work when I tested it with a physical game, however.

Lame just checked the gamecube restock orders - looks like my "Free" games are "awaiting product availability" but my paid games are shipping... how convenient!   :oldman:

GyHYcfK.png

Wondering if the B2G1 used is still going on in store, may try to hit my store when they open to get a couple of the switch games on sale. Can't beat the price if B2G1 is still active.
Let us know if you go. If its still active, that would be an absolute steal for 1st party Nintendo games for less than $20.

can someone report on trading in a switch today?  

also, do you guys think i can get $300 on offer up for a fortnite switch?  There aren't any on ebay to compare it to.

Almost a month since I ordered animal crossing new horizons
Lol it still says awaiting product availability so that’s a damn lie
Never did get that email telling me I’ll be getting a new copy so it’s whatever

Glad to see some of the digital ones go on sale. I prefer digital for games I know I'm going to keep like Splatoon 2 (love the campaign) 

B2G1 on used working in store. Some prices reflecting online prices, but had to get Resident Evil Village price matched.

B2G1 free on used is (allegedly) good until the 24th. Price matching does not interfere with it applying.

As with most things GameStop, you’ll want to take advantage sooner rather than later.

It's nice that price match works with B2G1, but only one store has the three games I want and it's pretty far. Not worth the time or effort to me.
My store did not show Xenoblade in stock used, so I was surprised to find it on the shelf with the original case. It might be worth a stop if you have a GS close.

Does the 4x point bonus apply to digital games too? It says all purchases, but doesn't mention digital, and the "4x points" banner disappears if you choose digital format on a game's page.

Every time I try and look up trade value on the app it says there was an error loading results please try again. Any tips?

Every time I try and look up trade value on the app it says there was an error loading results please try again. Any tips?
App doesn't work for me either, I just use the mobile web browser version and it works fine

Go to 'trade ins' and search the game there.

If you are on the product page, make sure you have 'pre-owned' selected. If you have 'New' selected you won't get a price. The gamestop website is pretty messed, it works to our advantage at times though.

The website is acting up like crazy. I can't add a lot of games to my cart. Tried to add Judgement ps5 and the button just clicks but never goes to my cart

Fire emblem doesn’t work with the b2g1. Pos stops it from happening. I got them to discount all 3 of my games to roughly $18 to counter it not allowing the b2g1, but just be aware.

Fire emblem doesn’t work with the b2g1. Pos stops it from happening. I got them to discount all 3 of my games to roughly $18 to counter it not allowing the b2g1, but just be aware.
Strange, I bought it this morning in store and it worked fine with b2g1. got astral chain, xenoblade and FE three houses for $50 plus tax (after price match to website they were ringing up at 26.99). Did they maybe scan the upc for new (vs gs tag)?

They might work in store, but mine didn’t work for me online. Just says that there are no eligible items when I have the OQ2 in my cart. It may be because there’s a GC bundled in or maybe some hardware is excluded. The certificate did work when I tested it with a physical game, however.
Just got back from GS and it worked in store. Used 3 reward certs towards the Oculus Quest 2 no problem

Great..
My set of 3 was Kirby/Zelda/Paper Mario
Looks like Paper Mario was good but would appreciate confirmation on Kirby and Zelda.

I just wanted to confirm that pre-owned games are still buy 2 get 1 free in-store! I just bought six pre-owned switch games. When I asked they checked and confirmed that the deal works on pre-owned games but not new games. Sorry but I was not told when the deal is over.

Edit: I didn't ask them to price match but the new lower prices were reflected in my purchase.

Interesting — I thought it was best to apply a certificate to bring the price down to match the others. Looks like you applied the certificate and still got the $24.99 game free.
I'm wondering if GameStop slipped up and we can use certs on the B2G1, or the price match broke the B2G1 allowing them to use it.

Can also confirm B2G1 works. Had previously bought Metroid, astral chain and links awakening for 110 on the last B2G1 used a week ago. Went in and price matched and grabbed xenobalde, paper Mario, and GOT DC for an additional $40

That promo ended yesterday. Only game trade in bonus currently active for games is the extra 30% when trading towards the new Pokémon games. GameStop employee just informed me of this.
I just traded in a game less than an hour ago and got 50% extra credit and didn't put it towards a pre-order. Maybe I got lucky, idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back