2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
As with everything that should be instant but isn't at Gamestop, it takes upto 72 hours for the points to show up.
Like to throw a caveat out there, but I haven't received points for trade ins (I live in California) for years now. There is an issue with CA trades for some reason & the issue was never resolved. It's been discussed here previously, but I don't care enough to call each time to get my points added...

So my younger brother got 2 sets of B2G1s early on. One was a set of $55s, and another was $42 - $45. The $55 set included Astral Chain and the $40ish set included Xenoblade Chronicles. Is there any chance he can get those games swapped out for games of equal value?

Like to throw a caveat out there, but I haven't received points for trade ins (I live in California) for years now. There is an issue with CA trades for some reason & the issue was never resolved. It's been discussed here previously, but I don't care enough to call each time to get my points added...
same, I love how they just fuck over 40 million people and never fix it.

So all this price matching is price matching themselves? Sadly last time I went to my local GameStop there were barely any used ps5 games on display

Didn't really want to, but decided to buy a few copies just because I was trading stuff in  :bomb:

aM8mAPi.png

GameStop I went to this afternoon had this box full of clearance games. Nothing special. But they were all free.[attachment=36403:20211121_181121.jpg][attachment=36404:20211121_181102.jpg][attachment=36405:20211121_181202.jpg]

Brought 3 games up to the counter as part of b2g1.

“Oh we don’t actually have that game. Someone else brought that up earlier and we didn’t have it.”

“So maybe don’t put the box back out on the shelf?”

Is it possible to return/swap a game from the Buy 2 Get 1 free New deal with another game of equal value?
If the store wants to help you. i did it today, returned Hyrule warriors AOC, Luigi mansion 3, and NSMBU from online, rebought with a used dying light switch instead of NSMBU, then bought NSMBU by itself

Is it possible to return/swap a game from the Buy 2 Get 1 free New deal with another game of equal value?
It comes down to whether the employee is willing. It's possible and I've done it before, but you never know.

Someone earlier asked whether you still get points for trades; I traded in some games yesterday and already have the points added.

Just did this this weekend. Bring the three games back and just ask they swap a game out and you pay the difference, if any. All on the same transaction. Definitely doable.

I feel extremely stupid, I went to do a return buy back so I could use my gift card to buy the 3 games I used my credit card to buy but ended up not even swiping my giftcard so there was no difference.

Also what are the chances the B2G1 free will remain for at least a few more days? I ordered 2 games and I'd really like to take them to Gamestop to get the 3rd free game.

Hey question as I'm new to the whole gamestop trade ins and such esp since I picked out on a ps5 and traded in my ps4 for credits.

So I ordered the b2g1 deal before the prices went up last wkd. I finally just got one of my games (the other two are just pending. Thanks fedex)

So I got spider man miles morales on the ps5. I got excited at first bc the case says ultimate but it's just a standard disc (I ordered standard). But the case has a large black tape/sticker and just the disc.

Does this hurt any resale value or does gamestop really not care as long as the disc works kind of thing.

Was excited thinking I scored an ultimate but alas the case was just a tease.

Thanks all I appreciate it.

Hey question as I'm new to the whole gamestop trade ins and such esp since I picked out on a ps5 and traded in my ps4 for credits.
So I ordered the b2g1 deal before the prices went up last wkd. I finally just got one of my games (the other two are just pending. Thanks fedex)
So I got spider man miles morales on the ps5. I got excited at first bc the case says ultimate but it's just a standard disc (I ordered standard). But the case has a large black tape/sticker and just the disc.
Does this hurt any resale value or does gamestop really not care as long as the disc works kind of thing.
Was excited thinking I scored an ultimate but alas the case was just a tease.
Thanks all I appreciate it.
You got the standard game, the other spiderman is on a voucher.

I was wondering about this. I traded in some excess games earlier this month and I was fairly sure I didn't see any points on my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back