2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
They just have a Grey and an Other sku.  so anything other than the grey joycons gets taken as other.   color of dock doesn't matter, just make sure it's the official nintendo AC power cord

Guessing Gamestop is disappointed they didn't sell all their stock of $27 games before amazon price matched! Wonder how much sales dropped after that?

Were those used or new copies of Astral Chain?
2 new, 1 used. Keep in mind the website stock is still -1, so you're best off just calling the store and having them look up any inventory nearby. At the very least you may be able to find a "gutted" new copy - which is always disappointing/convenient...

Is it possible to return/swap a game from the Buy 2 Get 1 free New deal with another game of equal value?
Yep, some of my new games came in "gutted" so always a good excuse to use to swap for a new sale item - as long as you're on good terms with your homestore and the original purchase higher value than the replacement game (how I got the 2 Astral Chains new)

Is anyone else unable to place orders on the website? I'm trying to buy one of the $26.99 switch titles with a gift card, and it accepts the card but the "place order" button is greyed out.
Had a similar issue - think I had to put in the trade card in twice and make sure I clicked the billing address for the place order button to show up.

I renewed my Pro membership today, and there was some discount of $5. So it only came out to $10 (digital Game Informer). Chat person also said I should be getting 10k bonus points in two days.
They have been running the $10 promo for two months at this point.

I got a delayed email too but on website it shows one order shipped and another waiting for pickup from carrier so we may be ok if we got the email

Anyone know if an og Xbox one still has a $50 trade/sale boost?
I don't see why it wouldn't when the $50 bonus included the OG Xbox One the entire time. Someone posted about success with a One S earlier today so you should still be good.

As of last night, the B2G1 was still in store, signage said 11/24. This was at multiple Gamestops. I don't think it's something they need to manually enter, some people who checked out before me did it and it didn't look like they did extra work on the POS.

Did anyone confirm today if B2G1 on used still working in store?

As of last night, the B2G1 was still in store, signage said 11/24. This was at multiple Gamestops. I don't think it's something they need to manually enter, some people who checked out before me did it and it didn't look like they did extra work on the POS.
Got it. Thanks

Anyone getting delays on their digital codes? I ordered up a Paper Mario digital code Sunday morning and haven’t gotten a code yet. I reached out and got a round about answer.

Are all of those extra inside the case? I have two cave story+ sealed from Walmart a year ago and haven't opened them. I also bought a used copy of cs+ from gs this year with the new boxart that obviously didn't have any of those extras.
They all come inside the case, as with all Nicalis releases. Only the first print came with the extras but you should be able to figure out pretty easily without opening it whether or not it has the extras.

According to the flyer I saw in the store today yes. I also think people in here reported that it was. Check your receipt. Today is last today to do the G2L so get moving!
No gtl on the receipt for either double pack or single game. So I spent 180 and got back 160. That's alright, since I put the credit toward quite a few great deals!

Anyone’s GameStop not have gamepass ultimate cards? Was doing a return for an item that I got to get free shipping and they had no cards and their digital scan in store was ringing up 44.99 for 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tales of arise the only game I missed.
Hopefully it's restocked or on sale again for bf.

After I posted this, it's back in stock at target lol. Just ordered with some stuff I need for free shipping.

Place your bets for how many times a version of

"Is the buy 2 g 1 free still going?"

or

"Is the 50 percent bonus still going?"

will be unironically asked today.

We have some great action coming in right now. An anonymous gamesman referring to himself as "Dave, but not the stock guy or the one with that condition" has the boards fired up right now with a BIG short, so get your money in while it's hot!

or

We have some great action coming in right now. An anonymous gamesman referring to himself as "Dave, but not the stock guy or the one with that condition" has the boards fired up right now with a BIG short, so get your money in while it's hot!
Is there a bonus on console trades? How much for an OG Phat Super PS2 Series 64mb? Will they take Wiimotes? I lost the cover and it doesn’t charge. Will they charge a refurb fee?

or

2658f997a1677a938a41e21d338f59af.gif

I went in to Gamestop yesterday and they wouldn't allow any b2g1 deals. They said it ended on Saturday. 

I'm glad ya'll are having better luck than I did.

My package finally shipped from my order that was placed on 11/21 (only ordered 2 games, just in case there is a surprise B1G1). It's being shipped by a company called LSO. Anyone else heard of this company?

I went in to Gamestop yesterday and they wouldn't allow any b2g1 deals. They said it ended on Saturday.

The POS system rings it up automatically on used games. Sounds like a terrible store that doesn't have a clue.

I've heard a few people saying this over the last few days and I genuinely don't understand how this even comes up. Can you not bring 3 games up, purchase and leave? Are they not allowing you to buy 3 games at once? Not trying to be a jerk, just genuinely don't understand how they are stopping anyone from buying games.

How did they not allow it? They refuse to sell you pre-owned games in groups of 3? The system will automatically do the deal once 3 pre-owned games are scanned, so they'd pretty much have to just say you can't buy our pre-owned games and tell you to leave.

I wish the gamestops in my area had a better selection of used PS5 games so I could take advantage of the B2G1 free deal since it’s seems to only be in store.

My package finally shipped from my order that was placed on 11/21 (only ordered 2 games, just in case there is a surprise B1G1). It's being shipped by a company called LSO. Anyone else heard of this company?
Lone Star Overnight. I've been getting gs shipments through them. Biggest issue I've had is that gs will send the "your order has been delivered email" when lso delivers the package to usps, not when you receive the package a day or two later during normal mail delivery.

Actually, apparently I am too new at this game. I went in and asked them. That was their response.

Lessen learned.
When I went in on Saturday, I asked, but also asked if they could ring them up and see regardless. Initially the guy said he didn't think so, but he was perfectly agreeable. He also helped price match the pre-owned prices the extra few dollars. I had this experience at two different stores.
I will say, though, that this is NOT what I was used to from a few years back. I avoided Gamestop for a long time because of the way interactions went in-store, because of what I would receive ordering games online, and because I repeatedly had my points siphoned from my account for Google play gift cards (even after changing both my password and email address).
Unfortunately, those dang trade-in deals are too good to be true sometimes...and they wrangle me back.

So somehow scored a PS5 this morning from Amazon. I have a PS4 Pro to trade in, $275 is probably tops I will see moving forward huh?

System, power plug, and controller are all that is needed?

Is the 50% bonus on games still going? I know accessories died. Would definitely like some help on this as it's my weekend and I'm mobilizing some trade to get a few more bucks saved up for Black Friday. If not, is the 30% active on any particular game preorder?

or

Is the 50% bonus trade on games still active? If not, is 30 toward a particular game preorder active?

My copy of astral chain showed up today! Wooohooo I can’t wait to play it.

Oh man it’s a generic case. Oh well.

Oh wtf there’s no cartridge in here.

The $50 bump might come back if it's not happening right now. GS is too unpredictable.
The store I called indicated that it was still going on - we'll see. Need to wipe the system today and will try tomorrow. Possibly $325 for a system I bought for $382 for back in 2017 seems like a nice bonus.

My copy of astral chain showed up today too. Original case, and game included. Although it did have one of those annoying preowned stickers on it. Also ordered Kirby and Splatoon and both arrived still sealed and unopened which knowing GameStop I wasn’t expecting.

Now just to hold my breathe and hope my other 4 games arrive in the same condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't remember, but isn't "awaiting carrier pickup" bad? Feel like I've had orders that got stuck as that, and never actually shipped.... Weird thing is there's a tracking number, and supposedly it was shipped on Saturday. This is onteac I'm talking about, so they just be sucking as usual and not scanning the package in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back