2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some went back up,some remained same. Few new ones popped up that I was waiting for like Bravely Default 2 which was a no brainer. Currently deciding on Far Cry 6 or Back 4 Blood🤔

genuinely think they have almost no inventory

my local store is picked clean

think they will have to keep running trade promos for weeks

if only they had a weekly ad with concrete information like dates
Yeah I've noticed they haven't restocked anything in at least a week. I can't imagine they're getting no trade ins at all, so I think there must be a problem somewhere in the chain. Might mean we'll eventually get a huge restock of a lot of things all at once.

I think we already witnessed the best part of the sale this week. I have a hard time believing it will get better because of inventory issues.

It's better than the Wii and Wii U Paper Mario games. Not that that's saying a lot.

The combat is obnoxious in that you have to spin the enemies around a circular "puzzle" to unlock the best course of action for that battle. Fine once or twice but it's EVERY GOD DAMN battle. It will drive you insane. It's bad when you run around environments trying to avoid battles. They should have just used the mechanics on the boss battles.

Speaking of bosses...the creative director for this game should be fired. The bosses are dumb...like really dumb. I won't spoil it but there is a theme to them and it's really stupid.

Also, sidekicks are relegated to the background, do very little in story or in battle, and you can't control attacks with them I'm battle. Just more box checking by the big N.

Overall the story is probably the best part of the game. It's decent and entertaining and worth a slog through the incessant battles.

I wish Nintendo didn't hate their fans so much. All that has been asked for is a true successor to The Thousand Year Door. That was Paper Mario perfection. Instead we get these ho-hum efforts.

Final grade: 3 knee slaps out of 5 :)
The bosses are great. Sounds like you’ve lost your sense of humor.

Boss “puzzles” were actually very interesting. The minion battles got tedious after a while I agree.

Overall I loved the humor in this game.

Yeah I've noticed they haven't restocked anything in at least a week. I can't imagine they're getting no trade ins at all, so I think there must be a problem somewhere in the chain. Might mean we'll eventually get a huge restock of a lot of things all at once.
Trade ins arent as much as you think they are. Unless the store is in a legally required to hold area, most of the stuff is out on the shelf within an hour of being traded. You're seeing what's been traded included. It's just selling that quickly after coming in.

How do you pricematch at GameStop with their online price? Do you load up the app and show them the current price? Load up the website? or show them a screenshot of the price? The app and website are extremely slow when I am on data.

How do you pricematch at GameStop with their online price? Do you load up the app and show them the current price? Load up the website? or show them a screenshot of the price? The app and website are extremely slow when I am on data.
Just pull it up on the website before you leave. I've also had a store manager say he has to pull it up on his phone, so depending on the employee they may check themselves if you say it's a certain price on the website.

I just ask, but an employee can be a douche. If it's a store where no one wants to help, and you don't care to come back to, there are plenty of ways to get them in-line, starting with calling corporate number and asking what the issue is.

Prices went back on first party switch games. Hilarious.
I actually had Paper Mario: The Origami King in my cart during the change. One screen was $26.99; the next screen it was $37.99.

I feel I should point out that it is not yet Black Friday. It's not even Brown Thursday yet. The Black Friday sale ended on the preceding Wednesday.

I actually had Paper Mario: The Origami King in my cart during the change. One screen was $26.99; the next screen it was $37.99.

I feel I should point out that it is not yet Black Friday. It's not even Brown Thursday yet. The Black Friday sale ended on the preceding Wednesday.
My head is spinning from the constant price change

These early sales were for people like us, CAGs. The "black friday" sale is for the masses who don't follow video game price trends.

This was a good year for first party switch titles. Just wish a few more hit the limited time frame
I’m supposed to get Skyward Sword HD and MP Superstars for my wife, but I haven’t noticed anything below 50 on either one. All the 1st party N deals are “old” games.

GameStop’s site is ass and wouldn’t tell me if Super Monkey Ball was in stock. Went up there and ended up leaving with sonic colors with keychain and the anniversary edition of super monkey ball.

I’ve tripled my switch collection over the past week due to gamestops pricing on switch titles. Looking forward to staring at them on a shelf instead of playing them. [emoji854]

That's why the weekly ad was discontinued though, to not be bound by dates on pricing and promotions. everything is up in the air and can reactively change on the fly to be "competitive" is what they said.
"Fly!" I thought they were supposed to have updated their internal systems to MS Teams a few months ago, but a few stores of mine still say their store "hasn't updated" to the lastest promo/prices yet... sometimes a good thing!

The bundles for Thanksgiving have leaked. They suck. PS5 is $789, XSX is $735.
Yep, dropped by a few of the stores near me that will be open on Thanksgiving... apparently the bundles aren't even going to be on sale until Friday, so they will have folks sitting in front of their store as they are open on Thanksgiving to sell Switch bundles?? Great planning! Also heard that the stores closed on Thanksgiving (like the ones in malls) got a good chunk of their allocation redistributed, not sure if that included bundles or not.

I'm still holding out for the $250 "Only On PS5" bundle in 2026 :oldman:

I’m supposed to get Skyward Sword HD and MP Superstars for my wife, but I haven’t noticed anything below 50 on either one. All the 1st party N deals are “old” games.
You're best bet would have been doing B2G1 for new games last week. I didn't see Mario Party Superstars on any BF sale lists for any store so I jumped then.

There was already a person outside my local GameStop waiting for the PS5 tomorrow. If only bundles are available to pickup, that person is gonna be very disappointed.

mario party is party of the b1g1 at target I read so you could get it there for 25. Though you'd have to buy mario odyssey with it and then cancel that one.

Depends on "Old". As others pointed out,try Gamefly or see if any on Friday or weekend have more deals. Likely Monday will push out even further I sense as Amazon always has something up sleeve

Can confirm that the $26.99 switch games are now $39.99 in store. Thought that maybe since they didn't update them for $24.99, they wouldn't update them for the higher price, but alas they did.

Can confirm that the $26.99 switch games are now $39.99 in store. Thought that maybe since they didn't update them for $24.99, they wouldn't update them for the higher price, but alas they did.
Yea it sucks, I was just in a store trading in my ps4, and the switch games would still have the 26.99 stickers on it, but ring up as 39.99/37.99

Sadly yes,but it doesn't hurt to ask if they can honor pricing. Rare instances some will say yes as I got extremely lucky today with Three Houses and few others

I was hoping to hold out for a possible B1G1, but I may go ahead and bite on MH Rise at $25 in case there’s a price increase. GS pricing has been all over the place the past few days…

Finally found one of the games I needed for b2g1 but was told they can’t sell it until tomorrow. Oh well I guess those 3 games have to wait. Hoping there’s b2g1 from target and bestbuy in December again

Fyi: Last year B1G1 on pre-owned started at around 8:00pm eastern on Thanksgiving.
Thanks I’ll keep checking throughout the day. I’m still looking for deals on skyward sword, I do t expect any deal on Metroid dread but a b1g1 half off or even a buy a new game get a used game half off would turn the trick

Assuming B2G1 goes live again, are there any other good $54.99 games to get with Xenoblade 2?

Looking for games with high TIV specifically, since I mainly just want Xenoblade 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back