2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xenoblade 2 is not in stock. Any first party switch games that came out recently that doesn’t get a price drop is a good buy for bogo switch games

But pokemon gen 9 isn't out yet /joking

Too bad the b2g1 is back (it only just ended on preowned yesterday so I don't get why they ended it) and the prices are terrible compared to just a few days ago.

If you have an order sitting in Awaiting Carrier Pick-up then you should chat with customer service. They always get mine moving and can provide a tracking number

Getting the "oops we can't process your payment" message when trying to check out, tried different cards. For those who have had this happen, is this easily resolved through customer support?

Got 2 sets of Mari Odyssey, Fire Emblem, and Splatoon 2 for $140. 

Was hoping for a better monitor deal. 

I really liked the Ratchet and Clank remake for PS4 and am loving Rift apart so I want to get into the series and play all the games. These B2G2 sales can help make that cheaper but the problem is figuring out which PS2 games got remade for PS3 and if Sony might remaster some for PS5. There seems to be like 12 games in the series so it's not as easy as just ordering them. If someone is a R & C expert, let me know or I can go ask in the PS thread.

The Rachel and Clank for the PS4 is also on the PS+ Collection if you did not know, unless you want a physical copy for your collection.

Grabbed skyward sword, ssbu plus bowsers fury on the b2g1 free. That is a lukewarm purchase but all of the heavily discounted games I already own. If you can combine botw and other discounted games with b2g1 free then you’re truly winning but as always it’s difficult getting 3 games that you want that are the same price

Quantity limit of 2. :(
I’m guessing xeno 2 gets a reprint at some point. It’s a first party Nintendo game and they don’t like to leave money on the table, hopefully at some point it gets a reprint and a sale . The only other game I wanted was Metroid but I can wait until next years bf for that

Gamestop has about $60 of my giftcard balance stuck in "Preparing for Shipment". I want to cancel the order. Would I get my money back faster if I let the order come and return it to store or if I wait for it to have a tracking number and ask them to cancel? I bought the games with a combo of trade card and credit card. I don't want them to send me a physical gift card like one time I returned a $5 game. Order was made 11/21.

I’m happy I finally got the rest of the games I wanted. Got GOT PS5 R&C PS5 and GG strive PS5. It was between GG and Nier replicant but Nier is already $30. So basically $32 each including tax. Just hoping I get original case. I wouldn’t like to have to go to gs being a douche asking for replacement case.

Now I’m just thinking about hades, Alan wake and all these other $20 games

Anyone know if GameStop price matches there own site from a day earlier? I ordered a tv yesterday and now today it comes with a gift card. I really don’t want to order another tv then return 1 to get the gift card. Thanks

The Rachel and Clank for the PS4 is also on the PS+ Collection if you did not know, unless you want a physical copy for your collection.
That's the one I mentioned that I played first and yes, it was the PS+ version.

UGH! I want to buy Crysis Remastered Trilogy but I can't find which version loads quicker for every game Series X or PS5. I also want to know if there is any Dualsense feedback. I saw DF vid that talked about FPS and graphics and it shows both versions run roughly the same with a slight edge going to Series X but nothing about load times or if the dualsense is utilized. These things are important to me when figuring out which version to buy. I assume Series X probably loads a lot quicker but I can't find any breakdowns for all 3 games. I wish I knew how to get into doing head to heads professional because no one out here to my knowledge is comparing the load times and talking about Dualsense integration when a game is on both consoles.

Getting the "oops we can't process your payment" message when trying to check out, tried different cards. For those who have had this happen, is this easily resolved through customer support?
Also got that but only with GameStop credit card I guess cuz no expiration date and cvv? Used my bestbuy credit card instead and it work

Xenoblade 2 is not in stock. Any first party switch games that came out recently that doesn’t get a price drop is a good buy for bogo switch games
Must have gone out of stock between when I posted and when you posted, as I checked to see if it was in stock before posting here.

B2g1 is LIVE! go get yourself 3 copies of xeno 2 before they are OOS NOW!
I'm too slow, already OOS.

Anyone know if GameStop price matches there own site from a day earlier? I ordered a tv yesterday and now today it comes with a gift card. I really don’t want to order another tv then return 1 to get the gift card. Thanks
I would think getting them to match any bf deal is neigh impossible even if it’s matching their own sale. I guess you could try emailing them? Don’t bother calling as you will be on hold for 6 hours

I got this message a couple of times the last couple of weeks during their B2G1 Free sales. I only got it when trying to complete a second order immediately after placing my first order that day. I tried multiple credit cards, browsers, and devices, but nothing would work. I had to call customer service each time and they took the orders for me. I didn't have any trouble applying gift cards or getting the B2G1 Free deal on the phone orders, but each call took 10-15 minutes, so obviously a pain compared to just ordering online. The second guy I placed an order with on the phone was very nice, though, and gave me 5,000 reward points for my trouble, so that was a bonus!

considering dark souls switch? anyone have feedback?
From what I've heard, the game runs fine and some people prefer it than the other platform ones as they changed the lighting and some fans prefer the older lighting style which the switch keeps, but it's more or less personal preference as to whether you'd like it. Biggest issue is the audio seems to be fairly compressed and there hasn't been a patch for years. If you play in handheld mostly you wont notice it at all, but maybe docked and for sure with good headphones, but when I heard a comparison I wasn't super bothered by it.

Nintendo Switch OLED (white or neon red/blue) bundle is up on GS website right now. $444 for the Nintendo Switch OLED White with Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, Screen Protector, and Pikachu Case.

Neon Red and Blue Switch OLED Bundle:
Code:
https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/nintendo-switch/consoles/products/nintendo-switch-oled-red-and-blue-with-pokemon-brilliant-diamond-screen-protector-and-pikachu-case-system-bundle/B299011C.html
White Switch OLED Bundle:
Code:
https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/nintendo-switch/consoles/products/nintendo-switch-oled-white-with-pokemon-brilliant-diamond-screen-protector-and-pikachu-case-system-bundle/B299009C.html

Also looks like there is an Xbox Series S on Gamestop website:

Code:
https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/xbox-series-x%7Cs/consoles/products/microsoft-xbox-series-s-digital-edition-fortnite-and-rocket-league-system-bundle/317009.html

Ordered b2g1 (all :xb1:) Hitman 3, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, and Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2. Came out to $12.66 ea. Will be returning Hitman 3 and Valhalla that I had bought new for $20 ea from other stores.

I’m really worried about the order I placed. Hopefully I get the original case for dirt 5 ps5, life is strange ps5 and a way out ps4

Sucks sekiro goty for PS4 is out of stock that was gonna be my gift for my cousin

I’m really worried about the order I placed. Hopefully I get the original case for dirt 5 ps5, life is strange ps5 and a way out ps4

Sucks sekiro goty for PS4 is out of stock that was gonna be my gift for my cousin
I usually return/replace for same or different item in store if they send me their awesome generic cases. By awesome I mean.....well you know what I mean!

As expected nothing in stock I'd want for the B2G2 last gen... anyone get anything good or recommendations on what's left?  :oldman:

Guess it's time to replace my NS games that were stolen last week but jesus... crazy how some old, common games are still so expensive.

Am I the only one who wants them do to the old 'buy X, get X% off' like they did last year? 5 pre-owned at 50% off each was great.

Gamestop has about $60 of my giftcard balance stuck in "Preparing for Shipment". I want to cancel the order. Would I get my money back faster if I let the order come and return it to store or if I wait for it to have a tracking number and ask them to cancel? I bought the games with a combo of trade card and credit card. I don't want them to send me a physical gift card like one time I returned a $5 game. Order was made 11/21.
I wanna know this too. I bought a 65" vizio TV on tuesday and now they are offering a $100 gift card with purchase.

TV is still awaiting pickup from FedEx but CS said they can't just send a gift card. I paid half with store credit so thats why I did it. I was told my only recourse is to cancel order, which CS said would take several days to complete, and purchase the TV again. But I want to use my store credit on it.

So how long will it take for my store credit to come back to my card? Or should I just avoid the headache and keep the current purchase?

heres your new game bro

IMG_20211125_112837.jpg

Placed an order last night and it already shipped. One of my orders from Friday still hasn't shipped. Might be time to contact customer service (obviously not today).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back