2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered 2 copies of Neo World Ends with you for $15 each. Only because they had a minimum order of $30 for store pick up or else they were going to charge me an extra $6.

Although they want me to pick them up tomorrow. Here's hoping they grab them and put them back before someone in-store buys them. :/

Neo isn’t even worth $15 it’s the first game I turned off after the first 5 minutes in a while. Just a heads up for people who haven’t experienced it. The combat is very boring.

Neo isn’t even worth $15 it’s the first game I turned off after the first 5 minutes in a while. Just a heads up for people who haven’t experienced it. The combat is very boring.
Have you played NEO? It’s very different from the first game combat-wise. I would say overall it’s a game more for the story than anything, but the combat in NEO is pretty good.

Have you played NEO? It’s very different from the first game combat-wise. I would say overall it’s a game more for the story than anything, but the combat in NEO is pretty good.
I couldn’t get into the combat in world ends with you. It was just very repetitive to me. I can see people liking the story but, I guess it just wasn’t for me. I’ll have to go back and try the original game. I was hoping the combat was more like kingdom hearts but. It was completely different. Maybe I’ll just have to try it again.

I couldn’t get into the combat in world ends with you. It was just very repetitive to me. I can see people liking the story but, I guess it just wasn’t for me. I’ll have to go back and try the original game. I was hoping the combat was more like kingdom hearts but. It was completely different. Maybe I’ll just have to try it again.
That was my problem with Final Fantasy XV, was expecting it to play like Kingdom Hearts. When it didn't, I was pretty disappointed. There's really nothing else that plays like Kingdom Hearts (i.e. super quick combat).

Gift card and reward certs dont work for me lol

If true, that defeats the purpose of buying pretty much anything from GS. Since most people here are sitting on however much trade credit. Otherwise may as well just buy at Best Buy, Walmart, etc. if you're paying with cash.

I must be cursed with NEO.
Placed order at SE store for $40 after tax/shipping and it shows up on Amazon for $32 shipped.
Order on Amazon and request SE store cancelation- SE store responds with "what do you want us to do with this order?"... when the subject is cancelation request.
SE store shipps order and it pops up on WM for $15.

:bomb:

Placed order at SE store for $40 after tax/shipping and it shows up on Amazon for $32 shipped.
Order on Amazon and request SE store cancelation- SE store responds with "what do you want us to do with this order?"... when the subject is cancelation request.

I have been there & know exactly how you feel. If it is some consolation, know that very few people got on the Walmart deal. It didn’t last very long. Also Walmart is notorious for cancellation even after you get in. 2 of my 5 orders on other games recently were cancelled there

Don't feel too bad. We all are in same boat one way or another. Unfortunately,I can't find any location with availability so either they sold out beforehand or keeping a bunch for instore. Whatever the case may be,hoping everyone gets a copy that wants one

Ordered 2 copies of Neo World Ends with you for $15 each. Only because they had a minimum order of $30 for store pick up or else they were going to charge me an extra $6.

Although they want me to pick them up tomorrow. Here's hoping they grab them and put them back before someone in-store buys them. :/
dang, sold out now?

Don't feel too bad. We all are in same boat one way or another. Unfortunately,I can't find any location with availability so either they sold out beforehand or keeping a bunch for instore. Whatever the case may be,hoping everyone gets a copy that wants one
Yeah mine says none availiable which really sucks.

I'm thinking Watchdogs Legion, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and Mario Rabbids are all good future trade fodder. Costs $55 for (2) copies of each game.

Yay or nay? Haven't really watched the TIV's for Watchdogs or Immortals, but am aware Rabbids can get a pretty good TIV every once in awhile.

I'm thinking Watchdogs Legion, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and Mario Rabbids are all good future trade fodder. Costs $55 for (2) copies of each game.

Yay or nay? Haven't really watched the TIV's for Watchdogs or Immortals, but am aware Rabbids can get a pretty good TIV every once in awhile.
I'm beginning to wonder how many times they're going to sell Mario Rabbids for ~$10 and then buy it back for ~$20

I have been there & know exactly how you feel. If it is some consolation, know that very few people got on the Walmart deal. It didn’t last very long. Also Walmart is notorious for cancellation even after you get in. 2 of my 5 orders on other games recently were cancelled there
I'm visiting my family and there's a magic Walmart that's had the few things I want from WM in stock so... You guys are prob right, in that these orders will get cancelled.

I'm beginning to wonder how many times they're going to sell Mario Rabbids for ~$10 and then buy it back for ~$20
Cyberpunk 2077 is coming up in the world too. Has had a $19.20 TIV during the past two 50% extra promos afaik. Maybe a good game to get, since it's currently $8.99 preowned. Maybe even couple it with Fallout 76. Both these are a bit of a gamble, though after B2G1 they're only about $5.99 each.

Go, go, go, go, go:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/possible-huge-pricing-error-at-gamestop-com-2-series-s-for-the-price-of-1.1624725/

M0j2yFE.png

What’s the consensus on used dualsense? I’ve heard of drift issues with them; is that a common issue? We haven’t had any problems with ours that we’ve had since may.

Probably don’t need to buy anything else; I think I’m just getting caught up in spending because things are on sale

My order went through but no conformation email just yet. I didn't use trade credit though just in case something wonky happens.

You have to cart a new S then the bundle, it's defaulting to the refurb

But then you have to add a new xbox at retail price to make it glitch to the $10. Soon as you remove it, it goes back to regular price.

I don't want a new one and even for those that do this is still almost certainly going to get cancelled.

for me it's not even worth the risk of possibly getting into bank dispute claims and waiting for processing of refunds.

So if I order all 3 versions of Avengers used I can keep the PS5 version and trade back the Xbox and PS4 versions back to them for $31?

My order went through but no conformation email just yet. I didn't use trade credit though just in case something wonky happens.
Yeah, I also have enough trade credit to cover the entire cost as well... but didn't want to risk it and have to have GS ship me a gift card with the amount they would have to refund.

But then you have to add a new xbox at retail price to make it glitch to the $10. Soon as you remove it, it goes back to regular price.

I don't want a new one and even for those that do this is still almost certainly going to get cancelled.

for me it's not even worth the risk of possibly getting into bank dispute claims and waiting for processing of refunds.
Are you expecting to get just the $10 Xbox. No wonder it's not working. Also cancellations are fairly painless, especially if you use a credit card as the money isn't tied up like on a debit card. Guess this "deal" isn't for you.

You can do returns in store

Got the conformation email. Now the waiting game begins.
I think there was a glitch 2 years ago, with an Xbox One X, that ended up getting shipped. Can't remember the specifics, but I think people just paid the price of the bundled items and got the X1X for free or something crazy.

Edit:

I was wrong. It was an Xbox One X NBA 2k19 bundle for $249.99, that I believe included a free controller, and the bundle was cancelled but some people still got the controller for free.

fuck it, I'll put my hat into the ring as well. What's the worse thing that can happen, it gets cancelled and I have to wait a few days for the money to return? I never do these things, do why not try once and see what happens?

Are you expecting to get just the $10 Xbox. No wonder it's not working. Also cancellations are fairly painless, especially if you use a credit card as the money isn't tied up like on a debit card. Guess this "deal" isn't for you.
If you were quicker to post, this deal would've made its way to SD where everyone would have been complaining that they couldn't buy one for $10. You should have posted it in the veterans thread.

Just got order preparing to ship but only on the Series S and not the Fortnite Bundle. Fortnite bundle just says order received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back