2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I’ll be holding on to my PS5 copy of Guardians of the Galaxy a while. Base value dropped all the way down to $12. Strange. PS4 and Xbox versions still at $23
TIV is a function of demand so not surprising at all.

No one can easily get a PS5 right now.

Trade promo is still going on. However, be aware that the TIV from the website are not what they are showing in store.

Resident Evil Village for PS5 shows $27.50 but it's actually $15 in store. Now sure how other games are.

Trade promo is still going on. However, be aware that the TIV from the website are not what they are showing in store.

Resident Evil Village for PS5 shows $27.50 but it's actually $15 in store. Now sure how other games are.
To Makedonac. Baš ti hvala.

Sometimes you can get them to match the trade in price on their website. But it’s insanely rare as gs employees have no idea what they’re doing most of the time.

Will they make an exception for returning used games past 7 days right now?

I got two copies of Mario Odyssey and Aliens in store doing B2G1 but got two Marios again online later with a better third game. I didn't realize the policy is 7 days for used games, particularly since I was given gift receipts upon request. These were o be Xmas gifts. Kinda odd to use gift receipts if the receiver has a mere 7 days.

Anyways, was paid with trade in credit and just looking for trade credit back.

Has anyone ever had them make such an exception. It's been 10 days. Or does the system simply not allow it?
They currently trade in for about $30. As part of a B2G1 I would guess that you paid a little less than that, so why not just trade them in?

Does anyone know if online certificates are working now? I know they weren’t working for a while. Also, if I issue an online certificate can I use it on a digital code of PlayStation plus?

RE Village has 2 pre-owned skus, one $15 trade and the other $25 trade, but $15 is the one that pops up instore. Only game I've seen like this so far, but could be others with multiple skus.

People have mentioned that there's 2 trade in values for that game. One is the higher value the other lower.

Did anyone trade anything today yet to verify if the trade bonus is still active?

EDIT - just did a trade at my local store when I stepped out of work, trade bonus is still active. RE village PS4 and avengers Xbox one got me 54.40

Just grabbed shin megami tensei V (premium) from Gamestop said several instock but also, $10 off with their current promo.  Rakuten supposedly adds even more.  Unclear where or how this would be cheaper elsewhere.

Just grabbed shin megami tensei V (premium) from Gamestop said several instock but also, $10 off with their current promo. Rakuten supposedly adds even more. Unclear where or how this would be cheaper elsewhere.
Only time it was cheaper was during the buy2g1 at GameStop and Target a week or so ago. That's when I got it myself.

Rakuten wise they have 15% cash back going on iirc. So you should be getting around 6$.

Oh was that the collector's edition? Then you should be getting more than double that back then.

Just traded in avengers PS4 in store for 22.40, so can confirm it’s 60% boost of base value for pro members
Hopefully the trade value holds for Avengers, through this week (or at the very least today).

Guessing it's because Spider-Man No Way Home is coming out soon, and the Spider-Man Avengers DLC is coming out tomorrow.

Just grabbed shin megami tensei V (premium) from Gamestop said several instock but also, $10 off with their current promo. Rakuten supposedly adds even more. Unclear where or how this would be cheaper elsewhere.
I've been having bad luck with GameStop and Rakuten. I have four or five transactions over a month through Rakuten at GameStop and none of them have shown up or have given me credit. I'm going to have to email them and try to get it fixed.

I've been having bad luck with GameStop and Rakuten. I have four or five transactions over a month through Rakuten at GameStop and none of them have shown up or have given me credit. I'm going to have to email them and try to get it fixed.
Lol ok is it "just" gamestop I have to "report missing credits" on basically every purchase. Am pretty sure raukten designed it that way.

I believe Rakuten purchases have to actually be paid for with something other than trade in credit/giftcards as well.

Right now it's 2% back on new games. 15% back on used.

I just stopped at GameStop during lunch and guy refused to price match online because of the buy 2 get 1 free. Never had that happen before. He refused to do the it no matter what I said. I'm going to destroy him on the survey.

I believe Rakuten purchases have to actually be paid for with something other than trade in credit/giftcards as well.

Right now it's 2% back on new games. 15% back on used.
Well I don't know about that but I had another issue with GameStop and Be Frugal using my credit card. I was supposed to get $10 on my first purchase with befrugal but GameStop never reported my purchase to befrugal and befrugal told me that they need confirmation from GameStop. No matter how many people I talked to or emails, they said it's not their problem and to contact befrugal. I gave up.

I just stopped at GameStop during lunch and guy refused to price match online because of the buy 2 get 1 free. Never had that happen before. He refused to do the it no matter what I said. I'm going to destroy him on the survey.
You still bought the games? I would have tried another GameStop. You still bought the games so he won.

Had to email Rakuten last year to get my cash back. And even then I don't believe they gave me everything I requested. Guess I'll have to be doing the same thing this year, as literally none of my GS purchases are showing up on Rakuten.

Don't think I've had as many issues with TopCashBack. Then again, I don't watch my cashback statuses like a hawk most the time.

Just to confirm, RE Village PS5, PS4 and XB all have different SKUs for trade-in tracking right? I traded in one for XB and one for PS4 so far, with three more PS5 versions to be delivered. That shouldn't be a reason to worry, right?

Just to confirm, RE Village PS5, PS4 and XB all have different SKUs for trade-in tracking right? I traded in one for XB and one for PS4 so far, with three more PS5 versions to be delivered. That shouldn't be a reason to worry, right?
Just PS5 has the 2 skus, PS4 and XB1 only have 1, from what I can tell.

Unless values tank tomorrow or during week. I'm waiting for tomorrow to trade in one more PS5 version but if values tank,simply bringing back and to pick up something else

Cool, so technically, you could flip up to 16 copies of this and 8 copies of Avengers this week? Not too shabby...
Sounds right (i.e. 4 sku's with a limit of 4 copies/sku).

That's a lot of different GS stores you're going to be going to though. I mean I guess you could trade in 1 copy per platform at the same store in the same transaction but that is probably gonna get you some unnecessary attention.

IDK. I got my trade account banned for doing more than 4 of same title in 30 days...
Same console or different ones? That's the key, I believe.

Sounds right (i.e. 4 sku's with a limit of 4 copies/sku).

That's a lot of different GS stores you're going to be going to though. I mean I guess you could trade in 1 copy per platform at the same store in the same transaction but that is probably gonna get you some unnecessary attention.
Oh yeah, I'm not doing all of that lol. There are about 10 within 40 minutes driving distance but I'm not that pressed. Im more likely to get a bunch and trade 1-2 in everytime there's a 30-50% bump up

I received one of worst used cases I've ever seen yesterday for a used game for MH Rise. Looks like someone took a knife to the front and back of the case. Of course no copies could be found at any local stores so I returned it for trade credit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just as a note, their policy does technically prohibit price match and stacking any other promotion. If taking advantage of a promotion they aren't supposed to price match at all.

Used Vanguard for Series is $36.99. Worth a price match
I actually thought I may have screwed myself over because they dropped Vanguard down from the $53.99 I payed this morning. In reality there was only a $3 difference. Lol

I ended up buying COD: Vanguard $53.99, Used Midnight Black PS5 controller $59.99 and pair of 3D Pulse Black $79.99. After $20 off $200 promo my total came up to like $205.xx after tax.
Went back and added every back into the cart with the new Vanguard $39.99 price and it was only $3 cheaper. No biggie

I actually thought I may have screwed myself over because they dropped Vanguard down from the $53.99 I payed this morning. In reality there was only a $3 difference. Lol

I ended up buying COD: Vanguard $53.99, Used Midnight Black PS5 controller $59.99 and pair of 3D Pulse Black $79.99. After $20 off $200 promo my total came up to like $205.xx after tax.
Went back and added every back into the cart with the new Vanguard $39.99 price and it was only $3 cheaper. No biggie
Luckily you didn't and were able to take advantage of current sales so still win-win

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back