2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if online certificates are working now? I know they weren’t working for a while. Also, if I issue an online certificate can I use it on a digital code of PlayStation plus?

Traded 1 PS4 + 2 XB1 copy of avengers in the past day. Don’t have anything else to trade in/ im done, I should be good in terms of not getting trade banned right ?

Traded 1 PS4 + 2 XB1 copy of avengers in the past day. Don’t have anything else to trade in/ im done, I should be good in terms of not getting trade banned right ?
Hopefully, as long as there aren't Junior Detectives in your area with time on their hands. But in terms of staying within supposed limits, you're in the clear.

Does anyone know if online certificates are working now? I know they weren’t working for a while. Also, if I issue an online certificate can I use it on a digital code of PlayStation plus?
Should be but as for using on PlayStation Plus,I see no harm in it applying

My b2g1 used arrived today. :xb1: Hitman 3 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla had original cases (Valhalla even included a working code for some bonus mission). The newest of the games, Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2, had generic case. How'd you lose the case to such a new game, random person who traded this in?

Anyway, 2/3 is better than I expected. And at about $13 ea, I can return the $20 new copies of Hitman and Valhalla I ordered at the beginning of BF.

My b2g1 used arrived today. :xb1: Hitman 3 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla had original cases (Valhalla even included a working code for some bonus mission). The newest of the games, Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2, had generic case. How'd you lose the case to such a new game, random person who traded this in? Anyway, 2/3 is better than I expected ^^
Redbox theft™

When you buy a game, is there a certain amount of time u have to wait to trade it in? Thanks.
No, but supposedly they can see the last 5 transactions on your account if they want to look into it. Back during the times where the flips were there to be had(i.e. B2G1 with a boost for trading and good trade value), I would buy games at one store, take them to another trade them in and buy more games at that store and take them to a third store to trade them in. If you're not in the flipping business, you have no worries and even if you are you'll most likely be good as long as you don't buy it and then trade it straight back in at the same store like I've heard some people have done.

Same console or different ones? That's the key, I believe.

Oh yeah, I'm not doing all of that lol. There are about 10 within 40 minutes driving distance but I'm not that pressed. Im more likely to get a bunch and trade 1-2 in everytime there's a 30-50% bump up
Hmm, maybe that's what got me. I did flip more than a couple of the same title & platform...

No, but supposedly they can see the last 5 transactions on your account if they want to look into it. Back during the times where the flips were there to be had(i.e. B2G1 with a boost for trading and good trade value), I would buy games at one store, take them to another trade them in and buy more games at that store and take them to a third store to trade them in. If you're not in the flipping business, you have no worries and even if you are you'll most likely be good as long as you don't buy it and then trade it straight back in at the same store like I've heard some people have done.
I have never flipped a game before. But I only have one local store so probably should buy it and then trade it back in if do t like it. Thanks.

My Series S bundle is at the preparing for shipment stage, still showing $18 as the total. They released the hold of $320 yesterday, so I got that back and still haven't been charged the $18 that it's showing. I'm guessing I'll be charged the $320 that I was originally charged once it finally ships though. 

I have never flipped a game before. But I only have one local store so probably should buy it and then trade it back in if do t like it. Thanks.
If you buy it pre-owned, you have 7 days to return it for full a refund if you don't like it so that might be worth doing if it's a game you're not certain you'll like or not.

I tried looking back through the thread but couldn't find any of the posts talking about the spend $100 get $20 in coupons. Does anyone know the details of that promo?

Well, this sucks. I issued a $5 online gift certificate to put towards PlayStation plus and it doesn’t work, but if I put a game in my cart it works. -_-

My Series S bundle is at the preparing for shipment stage, still showing $18 as the total. They released the hold of $320 yesterday, so I got that back and still haven't been charged the $18 that it's showing. I'm guessing I'll be charged the $320 that I was originally charged once it finally ships though.
The emails they send me have different info from the website and the website still shows that the Fortnite series S is preparing to ship even though they've emailed me stating it shipped out and I knew that already on Fed Ex as it shows it coming Thursday. I get another email 3 hours later that they are preparing my other Series S Fortnite and it will ship out soon. CC has a pending total of $338.54. Original charge $324.32. Website under my orders $24.33 and only showing one Series S Fortnite and a canceled Series S. My account was credited 12,000 points too.

9bf9e364-b592-4ccd-8cc7-3f300ba494a8_text.gif

The emails they send me have different info from the website and the website still shows that the Fortnite series S is preparing to ship even though they've emailed me stating it shipped out and I knew that already on Fed Ex as it shows it coming Thursday. I get another email 3 hours later that they are preparing my other Series S Fortnite and it will ship out soon. CC has a pending total of $338.54. Original charge $324.32. Website under my orders $24.33 and only showing one Series S Fortnite and a canceled Series S.

9bf9e364-b592-4ccd-8cc7-3f300ba494a8_text.gif
In typical Gamestop fashion, some people are about to get a deal of the year and some people are going to get screwed over big time. I've gotten three emails on this: First was my original receipt showing the Bundle and regular S with the total of $320, second was the code for the three months of Gamepass that showed 2 Bundles with quantity of 1 each and a "shipped" regular S but the quantity was 0 and then the third was the cancellation with the $10 coupon and them saying that I would get the GPU for free but stating that I will still be getting the Bundle. I haven't gotten an email saying they're preparing to ship it yet, I just noticed it on my orders page. Hell, I still have some orders that say "awaiting carrier pickup" that I've received already.

On another note, all of my B2G1 games so far have come complete in box, and one that was completely new, and some of them still had working codes for the deluxe editions. I've still got 6 games coming, so I'm expecting all of them to by completely junked

Any confirmation on PS3/360/Wii games get the 50% extra? I was going to trade a few PS3 and 360 games today to find out. Had an appointment that ran longer than expected and decided to wait until tomorrow.

Congrats to all the folks that will be getting $10 Series S! I don't think we need to know the minute to minute update on the shipping status - just lettuce know when the system does or does not show up in a week or two! I suspect all the systems will show up at the $10+shipping price eventually, as I think only a block of bundles were allocated for the days that promo triggered in our favor and Gamestop doesn't have enough elves to bother checking if the sales are at a massive loss, as long as the payment went thru - they'll count it as a sale. :p

Any confirmation on PS3/360/Wii games get the 50% extra? I was going to trade a few PS3 and 360 games today to find out. Had an appointment that ran longer than expected and decided to wait until tomorrow.
Yep - worked this afternoon for me. Luckily last gen stuff value doesn't fluctuate much so trade away! Tried to pickup some Mario Odysseys but couldn't find ~$33 games in stock to feel good about it - much prefer 50% off sales...

Man, I want to go trade in Resident Evil village for PS5 and and it kept ringing up $24 after the trade bump. Yet the app says the base trade is 27.50. When I questioned the guy at the desk, he said there's nothing he can do to override the systems values when they're scanned in period yet somehow, when he entered the PS4 version, it rang up correctly

Was there an end date listed for 50% bump? Really not wanting to run out tonight
No Gamestop promotions have guaranteed end dates anymore. They can always end before planned dates, so they often don't even make them public now.

Hard to say.  It could go either way.  A lot of promotions will end tonight yes.  But at the same time stock is low after all the sales so they may keep it going to grow inventory.

Did anyone trade anything today yet to verify if the trade bonus is still active?

EDIT - just did a trade at my local store when I stepped out of work, trade bonus is still active. RE village PS4 and avengers Xbox one got me 54.40
Thanks for the heads-up, I was able to get to my local store & make some trades before they closed. Wouldn't have known the deal was still on if I hadn't seen your post.

I've never gotten empty cases for an order before...is it normal to send them back the empty cases to get your replacement games?

One Xbox shipped, another one was preparing to ship but fedex shows it as cancelled, pending 320 dollar charge. Will see what happens. My order status and the emails gamestop sends say completely different things.

Any work around to GameStop not being able to process gift card payment methods?
In my experience it either works or it doesn't. Their website is a dumpster fire. In cases where it doesn't work your only remaining option is in store where it will. As I had that issue last year with a card I got from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back