2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am absolutely sick.

The $9 XSS tracking got updated to "Returning to Sender" literally the day it was supposed to be delivered. Just before it was supposed to get on the truck. ;(

signed my wife up for a pro account on 11/28 and don't have this month's certificate or the points...i wasn't stressing the points yet since it's only been a few days but seems strange to not have the December $5....

For the points, mine didn't show up for about 3 days so I chatted CS and they added them immediately. Probably what you'll have to do, their systems seem to be garbage right now.

So I just had my first successful topcashback track for GS in months. It was for signing up for Pro using a visa gift card and showed up in less than 24 hours.

Maybe they quit allowing cash back when using trade credit?

I am absolutely sick.

The $9 XSS tracking got updated to "Returning to Sender" literally the day it was supposed to be delivered. Just before it was supposed to get on the truck. ;(
My credit card pending charges disappeared. FedEx still says I'm getting it tomorrow. GameStop order page says it's now cancelled. I called FedEx about another package I was supposed to get yesterday and they told me it looks like it's lost and to call the sender. Not fun.

I called GameStop and they said that it's still on time to be delivered but the girl is like how is it on time if there is no delivery date? So she asked me if I want a refund or still want the games and I say I still want the games and she says she has to open a missing package report and it can take 10 to 15 days or I can get a refund and it will take 10 to 15 days. I just said I still want the games so now I wait for the games. I didn't ask about the Series S but it's not looking good for that either.

Having good luck with GS lately.
B2g1 used (order1):
Sackboy PS5 $27
Miles Morales PS5 $27
Deathloop PS5 $0
They actually sent me 2 copies of Miles Morales and the deluxe version of Deathloop (working dlc codes)

Order 2:
B2g1 used
Returnal ps5 $45
GoT directors cut PS5 $45
Ratchet and Clank PS5 $0
Guardians (new) PS4 $11 (after $10 off 100 and double dipping my monthly $5 coupon)

I hope the extra 50% trade in works so I can flip Guardians, my extra copy of Miles, and trade in my base PS4 version GoT
50% trade in credit still active. Flipped my PS4 Guardians for $34.

My credit card pending charges disappeared. FedEx still says I'm getting it tomorrow. GameStop order page says it's now cancelled. I called FedEx about another package I was supposed to get yesterday and they told me it looks like it's lost and to call the sender. Not fun.
Did you get one delivered already? I got the standard Series S yesterday. The Fortnite bundle was supposed to be delivered today but got recalled minutes before it was supposed to get on the truck lol.

$330 charge has fully processed but I still have a $49 charge pending. Not sure what it's for.

Did you get one delivered already? I got the standard Series S yesterday. The Fortnite bundle was supposed to be delivered today but got recalled minutes before it was supposed to get on the truck lol.

$330 charge has fully processed but I still have a $49 charge pending. Not sure what it's for.
Could it be the full price of the 3 month gamepass + tax?

Nope. The standard was canceled. Email assured me I was still getting the Series S Fortnite and that they would ship out the other Fortnite S Series S soon. Fedex says I am supposed to get it tomorrow but the website now says it's canceled. Now my other shipment is lost and GameStop opened a report and I have to wait 10 to 15 days now to receive the games.

Jesus Christ GameStop fedex delivery is weird right now. My latest order arrived first. My first orders have barely moved. Walmart orders by fedex were better so far tho

Jesus Christ GameStop fedex delivery is weird right now. My latest order arrived first. My first orders have barely moved. Walmart orders by fedex were better so far tho
Stuff from GameStop's warehouses ships relatively quick for me. If it's from a store though it can take like a week before FedEx even gets it in my experience.

Someone post a picture of their $10 Fortnite S bundle so we can all release that pent up CAG sauce. 

But it looks like 1 day deals a la DOTY are back? $30 for a 24" plush isn't terrible I guess if you can find in-store. 

ed1rDYJ.png

Nope. The standard was canceled. Email assured me I was still getting the Series S Fortnite and that they would ship out the other Fortnite S Series S soon. Fedex says I am supposed to get it tomorrow but the website now says it's canceled. Now my other shipment is lost and GameStop opened a report and I have to wait 10 to 15 days now to receive the games.
Ah, that sucks man. Well at least you didn't get charged anything. I'm stuck with a Series S now, not sure if I should try returning it or sell it second hand.

Anyways I'll stop clogging the thread now, I'm just glad I wasn't the only one that striked out! Looking at GAF it seems like everyone managed to get both.

Ah, that sucks man. Well at least you didn't get charged anything. I'm stuck with a Series S now, not sure if I should try returning it or sell it second hand.

Anyways I'll stop clogging the thread now, I'm just glad I wasn't the only one that striked out! Looking at GAF it seems like everyone managed to get both.
just return it. why would you be stuck with it

Ok maybe someone can help me out. I received a gift card from Gamestop via snail mail yesterday for $13 and change. Was expecting a couple of refunds for games awaiting pick up for weeks, that I finally gave up on, but they should have gone right back to my credit card and nothing for that little amount. Paper with it says for order#35027643, but all my orders follow the 11000000------- format. Also no date to help out either. Any way to tell what the gift card is for, without calling customer service?

Stuff from GameStop's warehouses ships relatively quick for me. If it's from a store though it can take like a week before FedEx even gets it in my experience.
Depends on which warehouse it comes from as well. The new york one is slower than the texas one despite being closer to ohio. Definitely right about stores being slow.

I think this royally fucked up their system because it seems like a ton of people got down on the glitch. I got 3 copies of a switch game once and it took forever to ship so here's hoping to multiple S systems showing up. 

Got two Xbox Series S's delivered today one from Fedex and one from UPS. I'm not sure what the heck happened, because they're both Fortnite bundles. Also, the GameStop order I originally made still says "Preparing for shipment" and they took the pending charge off my card. The email they sent me with the "Your order has shipped" subject show the console as having been delivered, but the order in my account says it is preparing for shipment. I'm guessing maybe someone meant to cancel the old orders and ship a new console out to the address and that's why there's two bundles?

Will be keeping these sealed for awhile until I hear back from them. 

Got two Xbox Series S's delivered today one from Fedex and one from UPS. I'm not sure what the heck happened, because they're both Fortnite bundles. Also, the GameStop order I originally made still says "Preparing for shipment" and they took the pending charge off my card. The email they sent me with the "Your order has shipped" subject show the console as having been delivered, but the order in my account says it is preparing for shipment. I'm guessing maybe someone meant to cancel the old orders and ship a new console out to the address and that's why there's two bundles?

Will be keeping these sealed for awhile until I hear back from them.
Judging by previous comments about it they ran out of the other xbox so they have just been sending people 2 of the fortnite bundles instead. Some peoples charges have also vanished netting them the cancelled systems for free. As the previous image said it's thunderdome.

How long has it taken to get get your 10k points for renewing pro recently? It’s been a week and they still haven’t shown up
I just did a live chat about my missing points. The rep manually added my points and it showed in my app immediately. Took like 5 min.

Ordered a used PS5 Midnight Black controller and to my surprise, they sent me a brand new controller in the original box sealed!

Traded is PS5 RE Village and originally was going to get $15 base. Showed the website value and somehow I ended up with $32 in tiv after pro. Not the total win from the website plus 60% but I'll take it.

I placed a GameStop order on Monday the 29th and in the app it still says “preparing for shipment “ . Is that normal? Or has it possibly shipped and the website just wasn’t updated? No rush. Just curious

Hi r u more likely to get a brand new sealed game if u buy online with in store pickup or if u just go into store and buy? Thanks.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but it looks like there is a bonus on trade ins for some consoles. I traded in my ps4 pro on Sunday for $325 store credit. $50 higher than what's shown on the website.

I placed a GameStop order on Monday the 29th and in the app it still says “preparing for shipment “ . Is that normal? Or has it possibly shipped and the website just wasn’t updated? No rush. Just curious
Oh that's very normal. I've had it show preparing for shipment for a week before.

I think GameStop has been shorting me points? How many points are you supposed to get for trade ins? Only got 5200 for the Switch trade-in, thought it would be double that given the 4x promo. Also need to make sure they didn't short me for trade-ins last month.

Anyone know if it is possible to get a Pro renewal refunded or if stores have the ability to merge accounts? I renewed my Pro membership the other day and could have sworn the information on the touchpad was correct when I was verifying it, but when I got home, I saw that the receipt was an account I no longer use with an old email I deleted.

I think GameStop has been shorting me points? How many points are you supposed to get for trade ins? Only got 5200 for the Switch trade-in, thought it would be double that given the 4x promo. Also need to make sure they didn't short me for trade-ins last month.
Terms of the x4 points:

Earn Double the Standard Pro Rate
Pros earn 40 points for every dollar spent on almost every purchase* online and in store. That's twice the standard earn rate for Pros. Valid 11.19 – 12.4
*Excludes gift cards

So looks like trade ins do not qualify for the points bump.

Having not played the game, is the extra $15 worth it for Miles Morales ultimate edition? Debating the base at 29 vs ultimate at 44...and I know I missed both cheaper.

Having not played the game, is the extra $15 worth it for Miles Morales ultimate edition? Debating the base at 29 vs ultimate at 44...and I know I missed both cheaper.
The Ultimate version is both Miles and the previous game with Peter. So, is Peter game worth 15? If you haven’t played it yet, certainly. If you still own the first one probably not.

Terms of the x4 points:

Earn Double the Standard Pro Rate
Pros earn 40 points for every dollar spent on almost every purchase* online and in store. That's twice the standard earn rate for Pros. Valid 11.19 – 12.4
*Excludes gift cards

So looks like trade ins do not qualify for the points bump.
Yeah, going back over my trades/purchases from recent days, I'm getting x2 for trades and x4 for purchases.

I was also somehow given an extra 1K points during a transaction where they tried to price match RE: Village PS5 trade value...but then it was later deducted separately.

Well call me shocked, all 8 of my Switch games came with the original cases. The 2 new games that I ordered came sealed and the 6 used games came complete. I also ordered 4 used PS5 and Xbox games and they came with original cases. None of my games came from the warehouse so that might explain it.  I have been ordering online with them for more than 8 years now and this is the first time I did not receive a generic case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back