2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve never used GameStop Pro before but I was thinking of signing up to trade in my ps4. It’s only $14.99 for the year and the credit difference is $25 between pro and regular value. Do I just sign up on the GS website?

The animal crossing game i got delivered today from the warehouse
attachicon.gif
20211203_150737.jpg
attachicon.gif
20211203_150750.jpg
It hurts to see this! Unbelievable

Individual eBay sellers take more pride in their shipping than individual GameStop stores.

I’m still waiting for whoever the jackass manager is to pack/give FedEx my nba 2k22. Label has been waiting since Monday and it’s from a store 30 mins away. ‍♂
That's all on Fedex. Store packages it up the same day the order comes in. There's no way to not do that in the system. It's all packed the same day the label is created. The issue is getting Fedex to pick up the packages, especially if it's Fedex Express and not ground. NEVER pay for faster shipping that bumps it to Express, it WILL be slower 95% of the time because Express rarely goes to stores to pick up.

I hadn't done it before this year, and I've already gotten my $15 worth out of it and I only did it right before Thanksgiving. You can just sign up on the website, but you can also sign up in store. You should get 10,000 points (which is a $10 coupon), a $5 welcome gift card in email, and then $5 coupon every month for the next 12 months.

I’ve never used GameStop Pro before but I was thinking of signing up to trade in my ps4. It’s only $14.99 for the year and the credit difference is $25 between pro and regular value. Do I just sign up on the GS website?

if you want it quickly i would sign up in store.  online can sometimes take up to a week to fully sync through the systems.  in store is almost instant.

Does anyone know the maximum amount of controllers that can be traded in a month?
Sorry accidentally double posted

I recommend going in store to sign up so the cashier can get credit for signing someone up.

That's all on Fedex. Store packages it up the same day the order comes in. There's no way to not do that in the system. It's all packed the same day the label is created. The issue is getting Fedex to pick up the packages, especially if it's Fedex Express and not ground. NEVER pay for faster shipping that bumps it to Express, it WILL be slower 95% of the time because Express rarely goes to stores to pick up.
FedEx goes 5 days without a pickup? How is that even possible?

I don't know what the heck is going on with my Gamestop. Decided to double dip the $5 pur this month with an instore pickup. Just wanted a cheap PS5 controller charger so I ordered the Atrix one for $12.99 (with another $5 off of that for thr monthly coupon). Total with tax was $8 and change.

Didn't notice until I got back to work they filled the order with the Sony branded one that is $29.99.

This after getting a fully shrink wrapped and unopened Miles Morales Ultimate (with a sticker that says used) despite paying for the used base Miles Morales.

Maybe I need to buy a pick 6.
I wouldn't push your luck but given how cheap those are you might as well. You'll never know otherwise. Personally I recommend getting a winter winnings x25 as I found a penny on the ground and bought one of those and won initially 20 but apparently I missed something as when I redeemed it was 100.

So are all consoles getting a $50 bump or is the Switch getting $40. This applies to even the old VCR looking original Xbox One model right?

I managed to pick up a PS5, Series X Halo and the OLED switch. It just doesn't make sense for me to hang onto the old stuff the backwards compatibility being a thing this gen.

FedEx goes 5 days without a pickup? How is that even possible?
depends on which Fedex, if its express they typically only visit when they have dropoffs, even if they schedule a pickup. If it's ground, there's a lot of crap drivers who only pick up so many packages depending on space in their vehicle, say they'll come back later for more and never do....over and over. So depending how much they have to pickup, maybe he's only taking 10 a day or some other arbitrary number.

• Pro Value
  • Store Credit
    $4.40
  • Cash
    $3.52

• Regular Value
  • Store Credit
    $4.00
  • Cash
    $3.20

That's Shenmue 3's trade in value. With the 60% bonus, is this likely the best I can do?? It's on sale for 5.99 digital until 12/23 so I was thinking of just getting it digital and trading in the disc.

So are all consoles getting a $50 bump or is the Switch getting $40. This applies to even the old VCR looking original Xbox One model right?

I managed to pick up a PS5, Series X Halo and the OLED switch. It just doesn't make sense for me to hang onto the old stuff the backwards compatibility being a thing this gen.
well cant speak for all systems, but I traded in a 1tb old xbone today and got $160 for it, receipt shows $50 promo and 10% powerup, and this is the 4th time in about as many weeks I have gotten the 50 bonus on an old system

• Pro Value
  • Store Credit
    $4.40
  • Cash
    $3.52

• Regular Value
  • Store Credit
    $4.00
  • Cash
    $3.20

That's Shenmue 3's trade in value. With the 60% bonus, is this likely the best I can do?? It's on sale for 5.99 digital until 12/23 so I was thinking of just getting it digital and trading in the disc.
$4 X 1.6 = $6.40...You'll come out $.41 ahead & no need for use a disc to play. Win win in my book

$4 X 1.6 = $6.40...You'll come out $.41 ahead & no need for use a disc to play. Win win in my book
Ha. This is at an all time low though? I haven't been keeping track on TIV but I know some here claim games that were higher last week tanked. I know Gamestop is thunderdome and I have 3 weeks to see if the trade value gets higher.

Trade in my XB1 and PS4.  Got the bump on each.  Almost didn't go through with it, but such a crazy value, and the newer systems are almost fully backward compatible, upgrading just makes sense.  I already miss them though.  Had a lot of good times.  Can't wait for the disc XB and PS5 to come in stock, but I think I'm going to have to wait awhile.

Trade in my XB1 and PS4. Got the bump on each. Almost didn't go through with it, but such a crazy value, and the newer systems are almost fully backward compatible, upgrading just makes sense. I already miss them though. Had a lot of good times. Can't wait for the disc XB and PS5 to come in stock, but I think I'm going to have to wait awhile.
I know what you mean. I miss my Star Wars PS4 Pro but I knew I would likely never play it again or even need it so I also traded it in with the bump 2 months ago for $325. I thought I could get more for it selling on offerup and FB marketplace but was just getting lowballed. I wonder when we get a Star Wars PS5....

Can further confirm 50% on games is live. Also, no bonus other than pur 10% applied when a controller was rung up today.
So now is the time to trade in the games bought Black Friday week, COD: Vanguard series X and GOG PS5. $31.35 ea is there an additional bumps for Pro members?

Avengers was $10 and dropped to $8, so it’s now $12.80 for Pros if 50% extra is still active today.

I wouldn’t trade any games in right now unless you have to. These are some of the lowest values I’ve seen outside of a few brand new titles.

I want to say the Avengers TIV won't recover seeing how it's over a year old and isn't the most well recieved game. But this is gamestop, it could very well be $20 base before 50% bonus next week. 

With that said, I'm gonna dump the rest of my Avengers today and lament that I could have traded them in for $144 if they only arrived on Monday like the original shipping estimate showed.

Yeah I have two Avengers left and $10 space bucks invested, so I’ll stick it out. It’s not the most well-received game, but Spider-Man was just added to the PS version, along with a raid. People may also pick up the Xbox version for when it goes off of Game Pass.

Like you said, you never know with GS…

Are they seriously still giving $27 for re village ps5? It shows present this trade value at the store. Ends 12/4 end of day.

Also can someone pls tell me again how I can use my December coupon twice, once instore once online?

depends on which Fedex, if its express they typically only visit when they have dropoffs, even if they schedule a pickup. If it's ground, there's a lot of crap drivers who only pick up so many packages depending on space in their vehicle, say they'll come back later for more and never do....over and over. So depending how much they have to pickup, maybe he's only taking 10 a day or some other arbitrary number.
Wow. I hate FedEx so much.

Is $242.50 Trade Credit good for PS4 Slim 1TB? I was recently able to get PS5 from Target and wanted to sell my PS4 but eBay seems like a lot of hassle to get a decent price for it, with fees and shipping.

is there a reason you don't look them up on the website?
Can’t find it on app but went to safari and saw $27 for village but didn’t get that new value he just showed me. I saw GOTG ps5 regular value Is 19. Wondering if I’d be getting $28 for it after the 50% bonus?

People have to realize that during this time of year values are usually lower due to the holiday sales. Most will recover at some point once the holidays are over and they’re going to need inventory.

Is $242.50 Trade Credit good for PS4 Slim 1TB? I was recently able to get PS5 from Target and wanted to sell my PS4 but eBay seems like a lot of hassle to get a decent price for it, with fees and shipping.
I paid less than $300 for my slim. That was after upgrading from the regular model, which cost very little due to Gamestop trade in values and Amazon's crazy crazy Black Friday slim prices. $242.50 was a fairly easy decision. If I had a PS5 already, it would be easier. Only issue is being stuck with so much Gamestop credit.

People have to realize that during this time of year values are usually lower due to the holiday sales. Most will recover at some point once the holidays are over and they’re going to need inventory.
I would think trade values would be higher now so they can recoup inventory after Black Friday and B2G1 free sales.

Wow. I hate FedEx so much.
Yeah, the store has to Pick and confirm the item. Once confirmed it has them scan the item in and then gives them the label. Once they complete that they then have to finalize the shipment and it's confirmed ready for pickup. If a store doesn't complete this the same day it's assigned to them, it cancels, dings them for it, and assigns to another location. So it's literally just waiting on Fedex at this point.

50% bonus on games only supposedly lasts until 12/11. The fine print also seemed to indicate it needed to be put towards pre-orders, so have a game in mind beforehand if that store randomly requires one.  :oldman:

[customspoiler='Series S Experience']Never received shipment confirmation / tracking.  Monday I was notified by email that everything in the whole order was cancelled.  Today randomly I had two consoles (1 standard, 1 fortnite) delivered in separate shipments.  Standard console has no packing slip. Fortnite console has packing slip at $299.  So bizarre. [/customspoiler]

For the usual Switch games? Sure, those are always gonna be high until Nintendo lowers MSRP.

For something like Avengers and RE8? This might be the the best they'll get, these are massively printed titles constantly receiving price drops.

Anyone know if there are any promos for trading in a Switch? Picked up an OLED last night but they told me they didn't have any active trade bonuses if I wanted to trade in my regular switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back