2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So after GameStop sent me that email with the gamepass code & the 10% off gamestop.com store coupon I went and cancelled the glitched Series S order because I didn't want to bother having to return it and get my money back. They successfully cancelled it and my money has been refunded back into my account.

Well today I woke up to a box with a regular non-bundle Series S that I didn't pay for... I don't recall who posted about this glitch on here but whoever you are THANKS!

Can anyone confirm that GameStop has actually stopped gutting their new copies of games? Some of my local stores have one copy left of a game I’m looking for, but I’m hesitant due to their previous practices. I did see an article from October 2020 saying that they were going to stop gutting.

So after GameStop sent me that email with the gamepass code & the 10% off gamestop.com store coupon I went and cancelled the glitched Series S order because I didn't want to bother having to return it and get my money back and they successfully cancelled it.

Well today I woke up to a box with a regular non-bundle Series S that I didn't pay for.

I don't recall who posted about this glitch on here but whoever you are THANKS!
they might still charge you so i would hold off on opening it

they might still charge you so i would hold off on opening it
Yeah, I'll wait a couple weeks before opening it just in case. As of right now the order status on their site says cancelled for both.
Never got any emails or anything about it being shipped either. It just arrived out of the blue seemingly.

Yeah, I'll wait a couple weeks before opening it just in case. As of right now the order status on their site says cancelled for both.
Never got any emails or anything about it being shipped either. It just arrived out of the blue seemingly.
It looks like gamestop is canceling the orders online, shipping the consoles and charging $299.99 without any sort of order #. Not sure how well that is going to work out for them.

According to two local managers (and multiple other posts in this thread), you should only get a gutted new game if it's the last copy/the display copy. Otherwise everything new should come sealed, as they stopped gutting everything back in the fall.

Can anyone confirm that GameStop has actually stopped gutting their new copies of games? Some of my local stores have one copy left of a game I’m looking for, but I’m hesitant due to their previous practices. I did see an article from October 2020 saying that they were going to stop gutting.

It looks like gamestop is canceling the orders online, shipping the consoles and charging $299.99 without any sort of order #. Not sure how well that is going to work out for them.
That's pretty shitty. If that happens I'll just dispute it with my bank because I did cancel the order, and they sent me a email saying the order was successfully cancelled. They could of easily said they couldn't cancel it because it's already being shipped. It's not my fault that they shipped me a cancelled order.

It always impresses me how unorganized gamestop is.

According to two local managers (and multiple other posts in this thread), you should only get a gutted new game if it's the last copy/the display copy. Otherwise everything new should come sealed, as they stopped gutting everything back in the fall.
Okay, so the last copy will most likely be gutted. Thanks, guess I’ll wait and hope Best Buy restocks.

If it’s the last copy, pretty sure it will be gutted. If they have multiple copies then you’ll get an actual new copy.

I got cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox one new sealed nothing missing and bravely default new sealed but nothing came inside I got trails of Cold Steel 3 and persona 5 strikers used with everything included

I got cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox one new sealed nothing missing and bravely default new sealed but nothing came inside I got trails of Cold Steel 3 and persona 5 strikers used with everything included
cs3 they did a reprint of so all the copies are new ones they opened and converted to used. It's really weird since normally they don't do that for cheap games they sell for 15 bucks. They did the same thing with fist of the north star gh recently as well. Normally its stuff like gravity rush that gets reprinted to be sold for decent money due to demand and junk.

13 sentinels aegis rim is the oddity where it was reprinted and kept sealed. albeit without the launch content unlike cs3.

For some reason you can't stack the new $1 cert with other certs. Tried ordering something and adding a $10 and $15 cert along with the $1 and it kept giving me an error saying not eligible. As soon as I removed the $1, it let me use the other two.

is there a reason you don't look them up on the website?
to be fair trade values do not show up right now if you click on the link on the individual product page, but are showing up if you start with the general trade in link. last I checked you cannot get anything from the app.

50% trade bonus worked for me today without having to pre-order anything. Traded in GOTG for PS5 and got $30.40.

when you say 1 copy left, are you getting that info from the website? If so, that usually means they have 2 copies as inventory has been set to -1 for awhile now
Yeah that’s what the website says. That’s good to know, thank you. I guess I should stop being a weird introvert and actually call the store to ask what’s available.

Yeah, the store has to Pick and confirm the item. Once confirmed it has them scan the item in and then gives them the label. Once they complete that they then have to finalize the shipment and it's confirmed ready for pickup. If a store doesn't complete this the same day it's assigned to them, it cancels, dings them for it, and assigns to another location. So it's literally just waiting on Fedex at this point.
This is really good to know. Thanks.

My brand new copy of Astral Chain was received "gutted". The case was cracked, there was black residue on the back of the case and it had a "New" sticker on the front of the case. Since this was going to be a gift, I returned it. I normally don't buy games from Gamestop, but Astral Chain has become hard to find and GameStop had these on sale during BF.

I ended up buying Astral Chain from AAFES at least it saves me tax through the military.

So, if I ordered Monster Hunter Rise and GS shipped me Monster Hunter Ultimate instead- what's the best way to get it fixed? I've never had the wrong new game shipped to me so not sure if this is something a store would question. 

So, if I ordered Monster Hunter Rise and GS shipped me Monster Hunter Ultimate instead- what's the best way to get it fixed? I've never had the wrong new game shipped to me so not sure if this is something a store would question.
They'd most likely believe you either way but since I'm guessing it has Gamestop stickers on it, they really wouldn't have much reason to doubt you.

I read a lot of issues with fraud on sealed games from Amazon, where you can slice the bottom just barely and pop the game free. Makes me wonder if people at the GS warehouses are doing the same thing or it was awful QC on the production end at that point.

If you contact customer service they will ship out the correct one and likely let you keep the incorrect game as well.

I read a lot of issues with fraud on sealed games from Amazon, where you can slice the bottom just barely and pop the game free. Makes me wonder if people at the GS warehouses are doing the same thing or it was awful QC on the production end at that point.
It happens everywhere. I had it happen once at Walmart and twice at Target.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BTW this was the "used" unopened copy I got last week. They sold it as the launch edition used price. 😁

20211204-134634.jpg

20211204-134638.jpg

BTW this was the "used" unopened copy I got last week. They sold it as the launch edition used price.]
Great fortune and deal. Same thing happened when I brought demons souls as part of a b2g1 preowned in store. It was shrink wrapped like it had been converted from new to preowned, but this was a one off; ymmv I think

Great fortune and deal. Same thing happened when I brought demons souls as part of a b2g1 preowned in store. It was shrink wrapped like it had been converted from new to preowned, but this was a one off; ymmv I think
Definitely luck.

Now if I could just figure out the sound problem I have with my receiver and new PS5 (no character voices on any game).

Fixed!

They sent me the ultimate edition of miles morales as well think it got converted to preowned because everything in it was brand new. However I did receive a copy of deathloop that was just an empty case sad times…. They said they would send out a replacement when they were able to…. Been waiting over a week now.

Been pretty quite around the Xbox series S glitch. Anyone get theirs? Issues returning?
Well i did the glitch and got a notice that everything was canceled. But today when I get home there is a Xbox S fortnight version in a box there.

Gamestop order is all canceled, no charges anywhere. So there we go lol.

Major homerun glitch esp if I can still use that 3 month Xbox ultimate pass and that 10 gift card apology they sent out.

Well i did the glitch and got a notice that everything was canceled. But today when I get home there is a Xbox S fortnight version in a box there.

Major homerun glitch esp if I can still use that 3 month Xbox ultimate pass and that 10 gift card apology they sent out.
Also the 12,000 points added to your account if you are a pro member.

Yeah, mine arrived this morning too. Can confirm the 3 month game pass code & 10 gift card still work just fine even after cancelling.

I'd also like to extend a giant middle finger to everyone in this thread who made fun of us and said we wouldn't get anything. :razz:

Got $32 for my extra copy of back 4 blood. No luck on re village tho but it’s all good. Got rid of my extra copies. Good thing about some flips is u get to keep the new case of new copies and trade in ur crappy cases from gamestop

My Series S showed up and I got charged for it even though it said the order for both was cancelled, so I just returned. And so ends that saga.

So... a game I received from the B2G1 sale arrived damaged.  There's a chip missing out of the game on the data side and I'm sure it won't work.  It isn't the free game from the set.  What happens if I return the game to store?  Get the entire order converted to regular prices and lose out on the freebie?

I also received a ultimate edition of spider man: miles morales when I ordered a used standard edition. Redemption code for Spider Man Remastered was unused. Basically got a free game included with it. I think quite a few of us received a ultimate edition instead of the base game we ordered! I’m thankful! 

So... a game I received from the B2G1 sale arrived damaged. There's a chip missing out of the game on the data side and I'm sure it won't work. It isn't the free game from the set. What happens if I return the game to store? Get the entire order converted to regular prices and lose out on the freebie?
You could exchange it...? But yes, if you just straight return they're supposed to charge for the freebie

Went in today and traded a 1TB Xbox One S for $215. I couldn't find my original Joycons so I couldn't trade in my switch. It's an original switch so I was hoping to get the $260 others mentioned for their trades. What's the likelyhood the bonus will work tomorrow?

I have a Forza Blue Xbox One. I am tempted to keep it because it looks so good. I just know I won't go back and use it and the $160 after the $50 bonus is about as much as I will ever get for it.

For those who might be interested, FF7 ps5 is $38 at GameStop. U can always use a monthly coupon on it or price match at target and buy something with it if u got the $10 off 50 target circle offer

I also received a ultimate edition of spider man: miles morales when I ordered a used standard edition. Redemption code for Spider Man Remastered was unused. Basically got a free game included with it. I think quite a few of us received a ultimate edition instead of the base game we ordered! I’m thankful!
Nice. I received an ultimate edition case with the codes, but they were used unfortunately. Oh well, I've got the PS4 version of spider man in the backlog anyways.

Yeah, mine arrived this morning too. Can confirm the 3 month game pass code & 10 gift card still work just fine even after cancelling.
I'd also like to extend a giant middle finger to everyone in this thread who made fun of us and said we wouldn't get anything. :razz:
Same thing happened to me yesterday then today I got a 299.99 charge on my credit card. A call to customer service and trip to store cost me an hour plus headache. Got my refund but was a real pita.

Word of advise check your credit card in a day or two... The charge is likely to show up out of the blue.

There should be more. I think we had b2g1 instore the week of Christmas last year. 2 or 3 years ago in early December they ran a b2g2 preowned online which also stacked with elite 20% and cag16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back