2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
There should be more. I think we had b2g1 instore the week of Christmas last year. 2 or 3 years ago in early December they ran a b2g2 preowned online which also stacked with elite 20% and cag16.
just reading this gave me a half chub. I’ll take the b2g2 to close out the year any day now

Same thing happened to me yesterday then today I got a 299.99 charge on my credit card. A call to customer service and trip to store cost me an hour plus headache. Got my refund but was a real pita.

Word of advise check your credit card in a day or two... The charge is likely to show up out of the blue.
Sounds good thanks for the heads up. Planned to keep it packeged up for a week or two just in case anyways

Same thing happened to me yesterday then today I got a 299.99 charge on my credit card. A call to customer service and trip to store cost me an hour plus headache. Got my refund but was a real pita.

Word of advise check your credit card in a day or two... The charge is likely to show up out of the blue.
what did they end up doing to process the return since there is no order #?

I just re-signed up for Pro for the first time in several years.  Can someone explain to me how people use the $5 monthly coupon online (and possibly double dip)?  I keep seeing people talk about it here, but when I go to the "Active Offers" section of my account the only thing I see is an instore only coupon...

Glad I noticed before the 50% boost was over that I still had my copies of Horizon Zero Dawn and Ratchet & Clank that I no longer needed since they were given away some time ago. Free $19.

I just re-signed up for Pro for the first time in several years. Can someone explain to me how people use the $5 monthly coupon online (and possibly double dip)? I keep seeing people talk about it here, but when I go to the "Active Offers" section of my account the only thing I see is an instore only coupon...
I don't buy much outside of holiday sales, so I use mine in store for eshop or PSN credit (can't be done online). Apparently you can also use your $5 a second time online after you've used it in store by writing down the code beforehand and typing it in at checkout.

I don't buy much outside of holiday sales, so I use mine in store for eshop or PSN credit (can't be done online). Apparently you can also use your $5 a second time online after you've used it in store by writing down the code beforehand and typing it in at checkout.
Where is the code to write down provided?

If it's not in your Active Offers, you usually get an email at the beginning of the month telling you that your $5 certificate is available and a corresponding code.

I got SMT V as part of B2G1 from Target. Was able to get a price match on chat, where they honored both B2G1 & GameStop price

Target is a pain with shipping & sometimes preorders, but awesome otherwise for most part!

I just ordered smt v used hopefully it comes with everything and not the gamestop box or a disc envelope (that's what my xenoblade 2 came in)

I bought the Premium Edition because my girlfriend is a huge fan of the SMT series. The additional contents definitely don't add up to $120. The bag is very small and ineffective at carrying anything other than a Switch and a few games. The Demon Guide is a hastily thrown together small art book that randomly lists demons with brief descriptions.

The game is good, but I remember getting similar exclusive swag for free as promotional items way back in the mid-2000's. $40 is a good price for the game, but I highly recommend not buying the Premium Edition.

But that is $3 more! I had checked target when the gs sale went live as I wanted to pm and get 5% off lol
I have noticed that the Target stores have stock on games right now even if the app shows otherwise. Might be worth it if you are near one.

Plus I have a shite ton of Amazon credit usually from doing MyPoints/Bing. Maybe someone else might too.

Just be aware that there is a standard non steelbook edition of SMT V out now. Amazon has it listed

So steelbook edition may not stay around beyond holidays

Thanks for the info, the e-mail didn't give any dates and my nearest store is an hour's drive away. I didn't want to make the trip only to find out it had ended. 

Thanks for the info, the e-mail didn't give any dates and my nearest store is an hour's drive away. I didn't want to make the trip only to find out it had ended.
Personally, I would wait for someone to say they traded today before driving an hour, but last night the signs in the store said ends 12/11 in the fineprint.

FYI - 50% game trade bonus worked for me this morning. No pre-order or anything like that required. 

Can anyone confirm if the $50 bonus on console trade-ins is still working as of today (Sunday 12/5). I'm assuming if it is it should probably be good for the coming week, right?

Just nabbed a Starlink Starter Pack for 4 bucks and a SMT V display copy for $7 after a couple of coupons…happy to go back to my cheap ways.

Lost Judgement is back to black friday price of $29.99 for current gen, Yakuza remastered collection ps4 is also back to $19.99

MLB the show xbox one series x is $8.49 :shock:

Dark Pictures Anthology House of Ashes is $19.99 for current gen

On a side note I posted earlier about my missing black friday package. Everyone was correct it was fedex AND i found it in my backyard. Not sure why they threw it over the fence of my backyard instead of walking to my front door like normal delivery

Lost Judgement is back to black friday price of $29.99 for current gen, Yakuza remastered collection ps4 is also back to $19.99

MLB the show xbox one series x is $8.49 :shock:

Dark Pictures Anthology House of Ashes is $19.99 for current gen

On a side note I posted earlier about my missing black friday package. Everyone was correct it was fedex AND i found it in my backyard. Not sure why they threw it over the fence of my backyard instead of walking to my front door like normal delivery
the deluxe version of MLB is only $20 as well

Took out my PS4 SSD, put in the old HDD, updated to the latest firmware, performed a hard reset and drove 15 minutes to the GameStop nearby to find out that the $50 boost didn't apply. Went to another one and he told me it ended as of today. Time to set up my PS4 again.

Took out my PS4 SSD, put in the old HDD, updated to the latest firmware, performed a hard reset and drove 15 minutes to the GameStop nearby to find out that the $50 boost didn't apply. Went to another one and he told me it ended as of today. Time to set up my PS4 again.
Are you a Pro Member?

Looks like you can get up to $250 now. GameStop shows a trade in banner on their site when you search for PlayStation products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back