2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So they are offering $5 more now for consoles? I traded my PS4 Pro for in $325 when the $50 bump first hit and now its $330? I'm okay with that. Only losing out on $5 in the GameStop Thunderdome is not a big deal.

I’m not sure who all uses TopCashBack, or if it’s targeted, but I got a $10 promo email this afternoon. As long as I spend $10 at any TCB retailer by 12/10, TCB will give a bonus $10. You have to follow the link in the email to activate the offer.

Anyone else having trouble viewing their rewards etc on the website? Says I don't have any reward certs even though I do. Also won't let me view any to redeem even though I have 100k pts

I barely play my Xbox One S, I only have 10 XBONE games, which I think I have on PC already except Forza.

I paid $120 for it three years ago and can get $220 now... That's a great ROI and a significant chunk off my Steam Deck (and frees up an HDMI port).

Temptations...

Anyone else having trouble viewing their rewards etc on the website? Says I don't have any reward certs even though I do. Also won't let me view any to redeem even though I have 100k pts
It's down on the app and site for me. Wonder if it's related to the AWS downtime

Hope you backed up her save for AC.
I learned this the hard way when I upgraded our V1 Switch to an AC Switch. I upgraded it to an OLED last night, but this time I enabled Island Backup in the game and backed it up. Since I'm moving to a different Switch, am I still going to have to reload AC and her profile on the old Switch and move it that way?

I learned this the hard way when I upgraded our V1 Switch to an AC Switch. I upgraded it to an OLED last night, but this time I enabled Island Backup in the game and backed it up. Since I'm moving to a different Switch, am I still going to have to reload AC and her profile on the old Switch and move it that way?
If you have island backup enabled for her profile on her switch then she should be able to move it over via that also. I'm not 100% sure though so double check on the Nintendo Support site for it.

So they are offering $5 more now for consoles? I traded my PS4 Pro for in $325 when the $50 bump first hit and now its $330? I'm okay with that. Only losing out on $5 in the GameStop Thunderdome is not a big deal.
When was the extra $50? For Black Friday? On Sunday they only gave me $275. Kinda upset I made an effort to go back after forgetting my cables. I was like oh well Monday they might drop the value below $275. Really kicking myself now.

* Update on the Nintendo Switch trade in. *
Walked into local GameStop and they had one Nintendo switch oled in stock. Customer already in the store had just passed on it. GS employee said he’d hold it for me instead of me buying and returning because I wanted to use trade in credit from my og switch instead of all cash. Came back and purchased the oled switch. Originally the trade in value was $250 but once my powerup rewards kicked in, it boosted to $275. There’s doesn’t seem to be $50 boost anymore. At least not on the Nintendo switch trade in. Kinda bummed they only had the red/blue model switch but I still bought it because I have aftermarket joy con grips any way.

My smtv I ordered on Sunday delayed until tomorrow supposed to come today fedex went in a completely different direction from where it was last night

Bummer that it seems like new Switches are OOS. I probably would have traded mine for a new warranty…
I’d definitely call stores or if you’re nearby, just go in and ask. I stopped by the location by my job to check and they actually had one. I purchased it today because a customer ahead of me passed on it. She was buying it for her granddaughter and the granddaughter changed her mind. She was nice and said welp everything happens for a reason 🤷‍♂️Thankful!

* Update on the Nintendo Switch trade in. *
Walked into local GameStop and they had one Nintendo switch oled in stock. Customer already in the store had just passed on it. GS employee said he’d hold it for me instead of me buying and returning because I wanted to use trade in credit from my og switch instead of all cash. Came back and purchased the oled switch. Originally the trade in value was $250 but once my powerup rewards kicked in, it boosted to $275. There’s doesn’t seem to be $50 boost anymore. At least not on the Nintendo switch trade in. Kinda bummed they only had the red/blue model switch but I still bought it because I have aftermarket joy con grips any way.
I feel slightly better now that I didn't miss out on a $25 upgrade to OLED cause they were OOS.

Are they seriously giving people $220 + $50 bonus for Original PS4s and $165 + $50 for Original Xbox Ones? I think that's insane to be getting $215 for an OG Xbox One. I am guessing they probably just dropped the bonus and just boosted the values until Christmas.

Are they seriously giving people $220 + $50 bonus for Original PS4s and $165 + $50 for Original Xbox Ones? I think that's insane to be getting $215 for an OG Xbox One.
no, they're just getting $220 and $165. the bonus appears to be dead as the xbox one x and ps4 pro are valued at $330 trade in

no, they're just getting $220 and $165. the bonus appears to be dead as the xbox one x and ps4 pro are valued at $330 trade in
Wow. So the base value of a 1 TB PS4 Pro has gone all the way up to $300!!! I traded in my 1 TB PS4 Pro last month for $325.

I was asking earlier in this thread if anyone thought the TIV (even with all bonuses) might exceed $325 with the PS5 shortages and no one seemed to think so. I knew it could get as high as $350 but at this rate it could get up to $400.

And the 1 TB Xbox One S I got $215 in October for now gets $220. Could that get as high as $250?

Wow. So the base value of a 1 TB PS4 Pro has gone all the way up to $300!!! I traded in my 1 TB PS4 Pro last month for $325.

I was asking earlier in this thread if anyone thought the TIV (even with all bonuses) might exceed $325 with the PS5 shortages and no one seemed to think so. I knew it could get as high as $350 but at this rate it could get up to $400.

And the 1 TB Xbox One S I got $215 in October for now gets $220. Could that get as high as $250?
Could my 8.2 billion shiba inu coins quadruple in price in the next 24 hours? (I bought them when they were 0.0000017 cents each)

ps4 pros are discontinued so that's worth noting. ps4 slims are still somewhat available but due to hardware shortages not many places have them in stock. And they want 300 for them. I wish I had seen it mentioned that pros were discontinued as I would have bought one.

Damn I'm late to the party.  Really hoping the One S trade in values stay high for another day or two.  Thanks for all the info everyone.

For anyone whose a Costco member and hoping for another GameStop controller trade in bonus: Costco has Xbox one controllers for $30.

One of my packages was picked up by fedex on Dec 1 in Niles, IL but then sat in "Pending" hell for days. Today, I got a message that it was delivered with signature on file to someone in Elmwood Park, IL. I don't live in Illinois so fedex delivered it knowingly or unknowingly to the wrong address. How easy is this going to be to clear up if I call gamestop cs tomorrow?

Went ahead and secured a copy of 13 Sentinels. Double dipped my monthly coupon, which brought it down to $15. I also went through TopCashBack for the $10 promotional, so hopefully I’ll end up paying $6 for the game.

Went ahead and secured a copy of 13 Sentinels. Double dipped my monthly coupon, which brought it down to $15. I also went through TopCashBack for the $10 promotional, so hopefully I’ll end up paying $6 for the game.
Sorry for being dense, but what is double dipping your monthly coupon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back