2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seemed so after Far Cry 6, but then SMT V was suddenly announced to have it, so who knows if the phase-out will stick this time.
It seemed like the same thing with game coin yet low and behold more games got it. So you never know with gamestop.

Anywho raise has 10$ off 75 with the promo code MERRY.

Mo money, mo problems. I think I know what to do but I need everyone's thoughts on this shit.

During the Thanksgiving sale, I purchased and had a game on hold at a gamestop location so that I can go pick it up. Due to where the location was and me being lazy/busy, I did not go and would let the order be cancelled due to it not being picked up.

Fast forward to yesterday, I got off work early and thought I'd give them a call to pick up in case they still had it/haven't cancelled yet. Noone picks up so I decide to check my emails to see if I recieved the cancelled notification. What did I find? A picked up order notification. They did not cancel my order but in fact, gave it away under my name to someone else. They did not bother checking someone else's ID matched the order name and I am not happy. How do I contact the regional manager or higher up. Should I just call the gamestop number?

Mo money, mo problems. I think I know what to do but I need everyone's thoughts on this shit.

During the Thanksgiving sale, I purchased and had a game on hold at a gamestop location so that I can go pick it up. Due to where the location was and me being lazy/busy, I did not go and would let the order be cancelled due to it not being picked up.

Fast forward to yesterday, I got off work early and thought I'd give them a call to pick up in case they still had it/haven't cancelled yet. Noone picks up so I decide to check my emails to see if I recieved the cancelled notification. What did I find? A picked up order notification. They did not cancel my order but in fact, gave it away under my name to someone else. They did not bother checking someone else's ID matched the order name and I am not happy. How do I contact the regional manager or higher up. Should I just call the gamestop number?
The mo money line made no sense 🤣. Start on the store level though. Someone made a mistake in there so allow them the opp to fix it. If not go straight through them to the DM and up. I’m confident you know how to knock that one out.

Good luck. I was missing a game in my online order and the one I received was pre-owned and not new. I called CS. The guys said there would be a 10 business day "investigation" and my game would ship after that. I asked for a return label for the game that arrived and he said to just keep it.

I received a generic email yesterday that basically said because USPS shows as delivered, f*ck you. Contact the carrier or your financial institution.

Thinking I want to trade in a ps4, 2 xboxes and a switch...what's the cap before ban? Been a while.
Was $2k in a rolling 30 day period for all trades for an auto ban. However, they have been doing more manual bans in recent months based upon what's been posted in here so be careful.

Got a $299.99 charge on my CC that I assume is for the two Series S glitch I ordered but I haven't recevied anything and the order shows as cancelled... Not sure if I should call GS or wait to see if they show up.

They got 50% extra on games til 12/11 right? Might trade in SMT5, really disappointed on it and I’m 90% thru it, might as well get $25 for it

Got a $299.99 charge on my CC that I assume is for the two Series S glitch I ordered but I haven't recevied anything and the order shows as cancelled... Not sure if I should call GS or wait to see if they show up.
Wow. That is a late charge. Do you have a fedex account where you can check to see if you have packages on the way?

For anyone that saw my post about TopCashBack offering the $10 bonus, I bought 13 Sentinels this morning for $15 and the transaction already posted on TCB and shows the $10 bonus. Not a bad deal at all!

For anyone that saw my post about TopCashBack offering the $10 bonus, I bought 13 Sentinels this morning for $15 and the transaction already posted on TCB and shows the $10 bonus. Not a bad deal at all!
I never received an email or saw anything on the site about it, so it must be targeted like you said.

Curious if anyone has had luck with getting a trade ban removed... not sure if it's worth the time to speak with GS "Customer Service" or not. 

Traded in a bunch of my collection within like 3 days time... PS4, Switch, games, controllers etc. There were duplicate games and accessories (that I made sure to trade into different locations, not that a single location would take multiple anyways) so maybe that's what took me down. Was just going for trade credit but oh well... lesson learned I guess.

Wow. That is a late charge. Do you have a fedex account where you can check to see if you have packages on the way?
I don't but it's super weird that the charge is $299.99. Even if they were charging me for one console they aren't charging taxes? Gonna give it a few days and see what happens

I don't but it's super weird that the charge is $299.99. Even if they were charging me for one console they aren't charging taxes? Gonna give it a few days and see what happens
They are charging people 299.99 for the series s fortnite system. I am assuming it was too much work to calculate the taxes for everyone when they made up new orders for everyone lol

Just left GameStop I tried to trade in my one s for the 220 credit first off the kid working there hooked up the controller to the screen they use he said it had a drift so couldn't take it so i told him to just reset it and I'll go get another controller. i go down the street and buy another controller from the GameStop there and come back and ask him to try it which he does and says the samething plus shows me the screen. I don't tell him that i just bought that controller at another store because he says don't tell anyone but I'll still take it. Okay fine cool i appreciate it then he tells me they are going for 350ish i correct him and tell him i think 220 and he says i just had someone trade one earlier for 350 okay cool you want to give me 350 works for me then asks me what console it is? I told him the truth it comes up to 200 then adds a 40$ refurb fee i ask him about it and he says it's because it's has some dirt up top the bottom is dirty also and the sticker that says to not move the console is peeling off so they can't sell it full price I'm like okay cool just give it back to me I'll clean and try again in the morning. Anyone else had to deal with this? I've traded in consoles that looked the same and haven't had to deal with this.

Just use the credit and get another pro membership and trade with that? Back when they had that trade loophole i had around 10 different pro accounts i would use because i would go overboard and hit the 1600$ trade in limit i would spend all that weekend just flipping games around Atlanta ahhh good times.

Traded in a bunch of my collection within like 3 days time... PS4, Switch, games, controllers etc. There were duplicate games and accessories (that I made sure to trade into different locations, not that a single location would take multiple anyways) so maybe that's what took me down. Was just going for trade credit but oh well... lesson learned I guess.

Its no $9 Xbox S, but I've been looking for this edition to add to the shelf for some color contrast  O:)

STeZW1n.png

Its no $9 Xbox S, but I've been looking for this edition to add to the shelf for some color contrast O:)

STeZW1n.png
Damn nice find!

I actually just went to GameStop today specifically looking for 3DS like this, they just told me they dont take them in anymore but was hoping they had some!

Well, this is weird. I can't add new items to my cart? When I try to add a copy of a new game to my cart it just adds a preowned copy.

Edit: nvm it works now... 

Just left GameStop I tried to trade in my one s for the 220 credit first off the kid working there hooked up the controller to the screen they use he said it had a drift so couldn't take it so i told him to just reset it and I'll go get another controller. i go down the street and buy another controller from the GameStop there and come back and ask him to try it which he does and says the samething plus shows me the screen. I don't tell him that i just bought that controller at another store because he says don't tell anyone but I'll still take it. Okay fine cool i appreciate it then he tells me they are going for 350ish i correct him and tell him i think 220 and he says i just had someone trade one earlier for 350 okay cool you want to give me 350 works for me then asks me what console it is? I told him the truth it comes up to 200 then adds a 40$ refurb fee i ask him about it and he says it's because it's has some dirt up top the bottom is dirty also and the sticker that says to not move the console is peeling off so they can't sell it full price I'm like okay cool just give it back to me I'll clean and try again in the morning. Anyone else had to deal with this? I've traded in consoles that looked the same and haven't had to deal with this.
Walked into today to trade in XSS. Got a controller from them and walked out with the difference with no issue. Some people are just annoying.

Traded in xbox one x, xbox one s, ps4 pro, switch v1. Went well except he wanted to put a $40 refurb fee on xbox s since the controller rubber came off a little.

Instead I bought a used controller for $44 then traded in the xbox controller for 27 with a $7 refurb fee.

Wow glad I went yesterday! Called store to see if they had Oleds in just because I saw $275 trade in value. $75 upgrade from day one switch. To make it sweeter the credit I had was from a set of joycons I traded during bump a few weeks ago. So basically gave up a set of joycons for an upgrade. I'm good with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back