2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took in my One S and my red mario switch to trade last night.  The employee started the conversation with "we will have to see if we can get this done in time".  After that he grabs my One S, and takes it to the counter and proceeds to tip it over and hit it for at least a minute until some dust falls out.  He then tells me he cant take it due to "black specs that could possibly be bug parts".  Mind you, the One S is literally flawless, and he had to hit it over and over and over to get anything out.  I was pissed, but I told him to just do the switch then.  He immediately says, ya I cant take that either without even LOOKING at it. 

And now today the Switch trade in value went from 275 to 220.  I was sooo pissed last night. 

I guess I got lucky yesterday. Wanted to upgrade my day one Switch to OLED but did not want to chance losing any save data/ACNH data. My One X has been  collecting dust since I got the Series X. Decided to trade in my One X. The store was expecting OLEDs in but did not have them. A few hours later, they call to inform me the OLEDs came in. Picked it up, did the data transfer at home. Took the old Switch back to the store at 8:50pm and processed the trade with no issue. He even gave me the preorder Halo dogtag even though I never bought it.

Gamestop truly is a box of chocolates.

My son's birthday is December 24th and I got him a Series X.  He's been using my old One X, really hoping the trade in value holds until then as it's getting traded the 26th if it does.

Trade it now as that is only 2 weeks with no xbox!
lol I wish I could, but if I did that, he would know what his gift is. I've been trying to think of clever ways to take it away without suspicion, but he hasn't given me reason too. Oh well, just hoping the value holds.

How do they make any money then?
They don't. Just reported a $100 million dollar loss this quarter. As long as Chewy guy and his friends get their bonuses, who cares about profit or loss right? Plus the stock is still up over 800% this year so yeah. They just want inventory to push sales this holiday, dont care much for bottom line.

lol I wish I could, but if I did that, he would know what his gift is. I've been trying to think of clever ways to take it away without suspicion, but he hasn't given me reason too. Oh well, just hoping the value holds.
Give him the wrong answers on his homework then take away his Xbox for 2 weeks for bad grades

Tell him you accidentally spilled some water on it and sent it to Microsoft to get it fixed and it'll take 2 weeks to get it fixed.

Tell him it ran away for some reason

I took in my One S and my red mario switch to trade last night. The employee started the conversation with "we will have to see if we can get this done in time". After that he grabs my One S, and takes it to the counter and proceeds to tip it over and hit it for at least a minute until some dust falls out. He then tells me he cant take it due to "black specs that could possibly be bug parts". Mind you, the One S is literally flawless, and he had to hit it over and over and over to get anything out. I was pissed, but I told him to just do the switch then. He immediately says, ya I cant take that either without even LOOKING at it.

And now today the Switch trade in value went from 275 to 220. I was sooo pissed last night.
That deserves a complaint to the DM. It’s so stupid by the employee as well b/c GS’s focus on the stores are trades & their additional services (Pro, disc, etc.) The employees are literally losing money out of their pocket for refusing trades.

I took in my One S and my red mario switch to trade last night. The employee started the conversation with "we will have to see if we can get this done in time". After that he grabs my One S, and takes it to the counter and proceeds to tip it over and hit it for at least a minute until some dust falls out. He then tells me he cant take it due to "black specs that could possibly be bug parts". Mind you, the One S is literally flawless, and he had to hit it over and over and over to get anything out. I was pissed, but I told him to just do the switch then. He immediately says, ya I cant take that either without even LOOKING at it.

And now today the Switch trade in value went from 275 to 220. I was sooo pissed last night.
I'd be pissed. That's clearly just dust from age. If it had cockroaches, he wouldn't have had to hit it to get pieces flying out. Based on his opening remark, that's someone just not wanting to do their job.

As others have said, you should complain

Get him fired and then argue to get the Switch trade price manually adjusted by the manager. Your trade-ins would have been valid if you had someone competent doing your trade. People like that shouldn't work in any customer-facing job. That little punk needs to learn the lesson that there are consequences to your actions in the workplace.

I would take my xbox one s 500gb for a trade in if I never had to take it apart to clean out with alocohol after my friend spilled coffee in it after letting him use it for less than a day. when I put it back together I accidentally broke the power button only turns on now with a controller or disc eject button but it works through

I would take my xbox one s 500gb for a trade in if I never had to take it apart to clean out with alocohol after my friend spilled coffee in it after letting him use it for less than a day. when I put it back together I accidentally broke the power button only turns on now with a controller or disc eject button but it works through
Sounds like eBay material

Effin gamestop...I found a OLED yesterday and promptly transferred my account so I could trade in my og switch today. Went in and was met with the trade tank from 275 to 220. Now I gotta wait for another bump. You win for now gamestop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

It was late and cold so I almost didn't go last night to trade in my Switch but glad I did. My god the transfer process to another Switch is terrible... The DS/Wii/Wii U had an "easier" transfer process from what I remember.

Anyone know if the One X value + bump is still live?

Nah, he's going to be 10, still need to keep it special for a few more years.
I would totally do the "I spilled water on it by mistake and have sent it for repair" routine. My dad used to do similar things when I was a kid and I loved it even when I started knowing he was bluffing.

It was late and cold so I almost didn't go last night to trade in my Switch but glad I did. My god the transfer process to another Switch is terrible... The DS/Wii/Wii U had an "easier" transfer process from what I remember.

Anyone know if the One X value + bump is still live?
You get what's listed in the app: $330. The surprise $50 bump is dead, but the quoted value is $5 more than the $275 + $50 anyway.

Just give him his present now. Problem solved. If it's worth it for you to not get the extra TIV, then wait.

Does anyone know how exclusions work for the monthlly $5 coupon for online orders?  I got my $5 xbox credit in store, so I'm trying to use the online one to buy MLB The Show for Series X but it apparently doesn't qualify

If I traded my ps4 pro on Sunday was I supposed to get the $50 bump?
If you are a pro member then yes but remember

f618a485-705a-451e-88dd-a33af923565c_text.gif

Does anyone know how exclusions work for the monthlly $5 coupon for online orders? I got my $5 xbox credit in store, so I'm trying to use the online one to buy MLB The Show for Series X but it apparently doesn't qualify
I think it's because it has a "coupon" applied already with it being on sale. I was able to get it down to $3.99 by choosing a used copy instead if you're ok with going that route.

Anyone ever place a pickup order, pickup the item and then get an email saying it's been cancelled/refunded because it wasn't picked up a week later? That just happened to me and then I got another email a few hours later stating I was being sent a $60 gift card in the mail for the refund.

Not complaining here but I'm wondering if the employee forgot to do something to "check in" the order when he handed it to me? Hoping they don't get reprimanded for it.

Anyone ever place a pickup order, pickup the item and then get an email saying it's been cancelled/refunded because it wasn't picked up a week later? That just happened to me and then I got another email a few hours later stating I was being sent a $60 gift card in the mail for the refund.

Not complaining here but I'm wondering if the employee forgot to do something to "check in" the order when he handed it to me? Hoping they don't get reprimanded for it.
Yep, employee screwed up so think of it like a bank error in your favor.

Does anyone know how exclusions work for the monthlly $5 coupon for online orders? I got my $5 xbox credit in store, so I'm trying to use the online one to buy MLB The Show for Series X but it apparently doesn't qualify
Does it say issue with your payment when you try to place an order? Because I got the same when using the $5 coupon and when I changed payment to Paypal it went through.

They wont apply to online items that are on sale. You can use it in-store for sale items

Yep, employee screwed up so think of it like a bank error in your favor.
happened to me with Animal Crossing $10 pre-owned price error. 1 out of the 3 was stuck in limbo. I called and asked why this has taken an month given how every store near me has them pre-owned. She questioned it, and asked what I wanted to do? I said just cancel it then. So she cancelled the whole order, and made my two already picked up copies free.

I am livid with this company right now. Went to trade in my Xbox One S Digital and was told that I’ve been trade banned. I just signed up in early November, and have traded in $400 in products since then. No duplicates or trading in past purchases either. Has anyone else had this happen recently with such a small dollar amount? Unbelievable.

I am livid with this company right now. Went to trade in my Xbox One S Digital and was told that I’ve been trade banned. I just signed up in early November, and have traded in $400 in products since then. No duplicates or trading in past purchases either. Has anyone else had this happen recently with such a small dollar amount? Unbelievable.
I think you can be banned for going over $500 in cash trades (rolling 30 days). Other than that I can't think of a reason in your situation. I would call customer service and have them look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back