2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally the coupon couldn't from what I remember. But due to the pandemic they changed it so that it could. Of course due to there being stuff you can't use it on online vs in store most people prefer to use it in store for the eshop/xbox currency.
The confusion is because the GameStop app/website says in store only, but they also send you an email with a code to use it online. You are able to double dip by using the $5 for currency in store and then place a $5 order online. I like to use it on games that are very discounted or DLC to make the most of it.

Might be shopping with GameStop more than Best Buy entering 2022. Just seems like a better option when it comes to game purchases, which is all I usually get from Best Buy as is.

After flipping for years, I just noticed last night that every GS that I regularly used in SoCal (6+ locations) is in the same shopping center as a PetSmart or Petco.

Half off games under 20 when you buy 5. Also lots of great price drops! Uncharted Collection for 3.50, Yakuza LAD for 7-10. Lots of great deals!!!
Yea I take back what I said before, there's still some good stuff left. Technically this deal isn't that much better than the previous deal which was effectively 40% off if you used it efficiently, but not having to worry about getting sets of 5 games of the same price makes it so much easier to use.

I ordered 6 used Switch games. Cartridges > Discs used from GS.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Complete

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 Launch

Collection of Mana

Crystal Crisis Launch

Burnout Paradise Remastered

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos 

$54.44

Not bad.

Their website shows the following.

During the Holiday season GameStop is extending its return window. Items purchased after 10/31/2021 can be returned until 1/15/2022 or 30 days from purchase date, whichever is longer.

Anyone knows if Gamestop has an extended holiday return period like Best Buy or is it still 2 weeks for used games and whatnot?

damn, should have included mass effect legendary edition with my order this morning, they raised the price.

any opinions on Werewolf: the Apocalypse, D&D Dark Alliance or Balan Wonderworld? reviews don't look to good for any of them, but the ps5 versions all qualify for the 50% off.

A couple questions. If u buy online and u get a game with a generic case. Does that hurt the trade in value? Will they take the game in trade with generic case? Is there a certain length of time u have to wait to trade in game that u just bought, if trade in value is higher then paid for it? Thanks.

A couple questions. If u buy online and u get a game with a generic case. Does that hurt the trade in value? Will they take the game in trade with generic case? Is there a certain length of time u have to wait to trade in game that u just bought, if trade in value is higher then paid for it? Thanks.
No. Same with games with extra stuff that comes with them, or redeemed digital codes.

Great sale for someone in my situation! Skipped the PS4 and finally got a PS5 last month, was able to back fill PS4 exclusive titles that I missed because I didn't have a PS4.

Picked up 6 titles for just under $40 shipped!

Here's hoping I get actual cases with them since I think they're coming from the warehouse instead of a store.

If I get generic cases or no case at all can I exchange cases if a local store has it used in stock?

Great sale for someone in my situation! Skipped the PS4 and finally got a PS5 last month, was able to back fill PS4 exclusive titles that I missed because I didn't have a PS4.

Picked up 6 titles for just under $40 shipped!

Here's hoping I get actual cases with them since I think they're coming from the warehouse instead of a store.

If I get generic cases or no case at all can I exchange cases if a local store has it used in stock?
Depends on the employee(s), but usually yes.

My B5G50% off haul:

:switch: Immortals Fenyx Rising - $8
:xb1: Immortals Fenyx Rising - $8
:xb1: Dead Rising 3 - $5
:xb1: Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition - $5
:xb1: Borderlands Handome Collection - $6
:xb1: World of Final Fantasy Maxima - $2.50
:xb1: My Hero One's Justice - $3.50
:xb1: NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 - $3.50 (x2, got one for my brother)
:xb1: Crackdown 3 - $2.50 (on game pass, but for this cheap I'll get a physical copy)

Already beat Immortals on PS4 (90 hrs) but loved it enough to triple dip (nicer graphics on Series X and portability on Switch). Will return my BF $15 Switch copy back to Amazon.

damn looks like the fedex guy decided to stomp on my copy of ac valhalla as the top of the case is cracked open and a chunk of the case is loose in the padded envelope. For once though fedex wasn't late. Maybe it was to make up for stomping on the package lol

it's odd that the bottom of my GS email lists when the weekly ad is valid when there is no weekly ad. I wonder if the weekly ad is coming back since the daily deal is back 

Picked up 14 games for under $100. I know some of these are on game pass but for the cheap prices and wanting to own them if they leave game pass I couldn't pass em up:

Ps4:

Final fantasy x/x2 $9.49
Rpg maker mv $8.49
Wild Guns Reloaded $9.99
Nioh 2 $6.49
Five Nights At Freddy's Help Wanted $5.99

X1:

Balan Wonderland $9.49
Lego City Undercover $9.49
The Outer Worlds $6.49
Jumanji Next Level $7.99
Streets of Rage 4 $7.49
Cars 3 $4.49
Moving Out $4.99
Final Fantasy Maxima $2.49
Final Fantasy XII $3.49

Does GameStop do price matching if you paid more for something that's on sale or do you just have to do a return/rebuy?
Return/rebuy. Their online customer service is awful now - I did a text chat to ask for their price match policy. The gal sent me a link to screenrant.com and another to pricematch.com. When I asked for something from Gamestop she sent me to the store.

This sale is crazy. Ordered 10 games. Nine shipped from 1 store (not excited to see the condition they all come in) and the remaining 1 game shipped from the warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back