2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sale is crazy. Ordered 10 games. Nine shipped from 1 store (not excited to see the condition they all come in) and the remaining 1 game shipped from the warehouse.
i had an order of 8 games, 2 from the warehouse and 6 from one store. not exactly high value games, but like you said, i am not looking forward to seeing what I end up with.

Went ahead and re-preordered Saints Row on the Xbox One/Series S/X.  2022 is looking pretty dry to start the year for gaming(not for Sony fans) but that's litterally the only game I can think of worth copping.  And maybe Dying Light 2, but never played the original.

Return/rebuy. Their online customer service is awful now - I did a text chat to ask for their price match policy. The gal sent me a link to screenrant.com and another to pricematch.com. When I asked for something from Gamestop she sent me to the store.
Thanks. If what you said came from any other company besides Gamestop I wouldn't believe it. lol

Thanks. If what you said came from any other company besides Gamestop I wouldn't believe it. lol
Just for kicks --

(01:47:46) *** Ammon joined the chat ***

(01:47:46) Ammon: Hi! Can you share with me your policy on price adjustment? Something I ordered a few weeks ago (and received today) is now cheaper on the website. Can I get an adjustment?

(01:48:01) *** Katherine O. joined the chat ***

(01:48:08) Katherine O.: Thanks for chatting with GameStop. My name is Katherine O. and I'm happy to help!

(01:48:43) Ammon: Thanks Katherine and good evening!

(01:50:12) Katherine O.: do you want the price match rules?

(01:52:40) Katherine O.: are you still with me??

(01:53:45) Katherine O.: are you still with me??

(01:53:57) Ammon: Yes, still here. Sorry.

(01:54:11) Ammon: Yes, price match rules would be fantastic. I couldn't find anything on your website about post-purchase price matching.

(01:54:25) Katherine O.: https://screenrant.com/gamestop-price-matching-first-improvement-new-leadership/

(01:54:34) Katherine O.: this is the link for the rules

(01:54:53) Katherine O.: is there anything else that I help you with today?

(01:55:34) Ammon: Does that policy apply after purchase? If the price decreases after I buy, but within return policy?

(01:56:24) Katherine O.: https://pricematchguarantee.net/gamestop-price-match/

(01:57:40) Ammon: I'm confused why you keep sending me links to internet websites that aren't Gamestop.com.

(01:59:27) Katherine O.: are the sites that you can check and you can go to store

(02:00:07) Ammon: Okay... have a good night. I'll go speak with someone at the store then.

(02:00:16) *** Ammon left the chat ***

I shared this with the on-duty manager. He laughed and said they recently hired a new overseas company to handle website support and it wasn't going well.

Just for kicks --

(01:47:46) *** Ammon joined the chat ***

(01:47:46) Ammon: Hi! Can you share with me your policy on price adjustment? Something I ordered a few weeks ago (and received today) is now cheaper on the website. Can I get an adjustment?

(01:48:01) *** Katherine O. joined the chat ***

(01:48:08) Katherine O.: Thanks for chatting with GameStop. My name is Katherine O. and I'm happy to help!

(01:48:43) Ammon: Thanks Katherine and good evening!

(01:50:12) Katherine O.: do you want the price match rules?

(01:52:40) Katherine O.: are you still with me??

(01:53:45) Katherine O.: are you still with me??

(01:53:57) Ammon: Yes, still here. Sorry.

(01:54:11) Ammon: Yes, price match rules would be fantastic. I couldn't find anything on your website about post-purchase price matching.

(01:54:25) Katherine O.: https://screenrant.com/gamestop-price-matching-first-improvement-new-leadership/

(01:54:34) Katherine O.: this is the link for the rules

(01:54:53) Katherine O.: is there anything else that I help you with today?

(01:55:34) Ammon: Does that policy apply after purchase? If the price decreases after I buy, but within return policy?

(01:56:24) Katherine O.: https://pricematchguarantee.net/gamestop-price-match/

(01:57:40) Ammon: I'm confused why you keep sending me links to internet websites that aren't Gamestop.com.

(01:59:27) Katherine O.: are the sites that you can check and you can go to store

(02:00:07) Ammon: Okay... have a good night. I'll go speak with someone at the store then.

(02:00:16) *** Ammon left the chat ***

I shared this with the on-duty manager. He laughed and said they recently hired a new overseas company to handle website support and it wasn't going well.
Damn. I've literally never had anything but pretty top-notch service via the chat. Points that weren't applied were immediately applied for things like trade ins and the sign up bonus 10k. I would've just got onto chat again to get another agent.

Im happy, good sale, got stuff I wanted to try, or that looked interesting, 15 games $115 bucks, just sharing

PS4

Immortals Fenyx Rising - $7.99

No Man's Sky - $8.99 (2)
Assassin's Creed Valhalla - $6.99
Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice - $9.49
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - $8.49

Xbox One

World of Final Fantasy Maxima - Xbox One $2.49
My Hero One's Justice - Xbox One $3.49

Switch
Immortals Fenyx Rising - $7.99
Collection of Mana - $9.49
Super Dragon Ball Heroes -  $9.99
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition - $7.99
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - $7.99
Mario Plus Rabbids Kingdom Battle - $7.99
Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection - $7.99

Possible to add two 19.99 plus filler to make it work then return the filler on arrival for money back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah that would work. Just be prepared for stores to tell you the return on used games is 7 days from the day you placed the order even though it can take more than 7 days to actually get to you, so just return ASAP.

Based on preconceptions I couldn’t tell who’s Katherine or Ammon.
Plot twist: they are the same person!

Is the 30% trade in bonus for full-size arcade games still in effect?

Does the 50% bonus on consoles work with a Colecovision? Is it still in effect?

What does the weekly ad say? Can someone read it to me and message me the audio file?

Possible to add two 19.99 plus filler to make it work then return the filler on arrival for money back?

Possible but GS return process may have been updated recently for some stores (requiring them to call into the CS line for verifying returned items, can take them 20-30 minutes). YMMV but can be a serious pain and not worth the hassle if your local GS are by the book.

Yeah that would work. Just be prepared for stores to tell you the return on used games is 7 days from the day you placed the order even though it can take more than 7 days to actually get to you, so just return ASAP.
Oof I forgot about that. My idiot self forgot to add Dragon Ball Heroes on my first order. That’s all I want but the runaround might not be worth it with shipping delays. Decisions decisions

Picked up:

Little Nightmares 2

Metro Exodus

Division 2

Rage 2

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Strange Brigade

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Bioshock Collection

All for X1 for $66 and some change shipped.  
Amazing.

There's also the factor of a holiday return policy which may or may not be in place.  They've had it for past years but I haven't read anything official this year.  I've gotten conflicting information asking employees instore (big shock).

There's also the factor of a holiday return policy which may or may not be in place. They've had it for past years but I haven't read anything official this year. I've gotten conflicting information asking employees instore (big shock).
They do have an extended holiday return periods and it's mentioned in the link above, but I am pretty sure it only applies to new games as used is listed in the exceptions below it. But the link above does state

"During the Holiday season GameStop is extending its return window. Items purchased after 10/31/2021 can be returned until 1/15/2022 or 30 days from purchase date, whichever is longer."

I kind of went crazy on the 50% deal... I may have a LOT of Switch games being mailed to me.

I plan to return everything without a case -- is there any problem with buying $300 of used games and returning most of them?  There aren't any "return bans" we know of, right?  I could always trade those games in and break even, but I hear you can get in trouble for buying used and trading it right back in.

Return bans do exist, I'm assuming. I had quite a few damaged/caseless games from last month's sale. I returned around 10-15 games and and can no longer make online purchases, as none of my cards go through anymore

Return bans do exist, I'm assuming. I had quite a few damaged/caseless games from last month's sale. I returned around 10-15 games and and can no longer make online purchases, as none of my cards go through anymore
I've returned more than that. In fact, I'm going to return about 8 more games that I bought within the last month that I re-bought for under $10 each from this current sale. However, I also keep a lot of things I buy from them, trade a lot, and don't really do boomerang trades anymore since the 2nd GS in my city closed a couple of years ago. I'm probably keeping them stocked with inventory and giving them enough money that any return bans haven't been triggered yet.

It also helps that the manager is almost always the one there when I go in and always seems to be cool about it even when I have multiple returns with multiple packing slips. Regardless, this next batch of returns will probably be the last for a while due to me having all the games I really want currently and the ones I bought in the last couple of months probably won't go any lower before the extended return period ends.

They do have an extended holiday return periods and it's mentioned in the link above, but I am pretty sure it only applies to new games as used is listed in the exceptions below it. But the link above does state

"During the Holiday season GameStop is extending its return window. Items purchased after 10/31/2021 can be returned until 1/15/2022 or 30 days from purchase date, whichever is longer."
I returned a skyward sword used copy I bought the first week of December and bought a new copy when it was $34 on Saturday. Took the return no issue, so holiday returns most likely apply to used as well.

Wasn’t planning on buying anything but…

Tomodachi Life x2 (trade fodder)
Link between worlds
Mlb the show 21 (series x)
Shovel knight (Xbox)
Forza Horizon 4

for $45

You only need to piss off one person for them to start an LP investigation
yea thats what im saying
if i had to return 15 games id space them out cause you got 30 days and half would be online returns/2 stores
and NEVER contact customer servicr about it even if its empty i do an online return

You returning a large dollar amount to one store at a time will likely piss off the employee. They get pressured pretty hard for their metrics and returns are a big detriment to them.

It's bullshit and the company shouldn't do it, but some employees have a lot of anxiety and stress from it and it might be the tipping point for some people. Hence their response to flag your account and report it to LP or the SL/DL.

So don't feel bad for making returns unless you are actually scamming, but just understand that due to GS's company culture and pressure from above, you might get your account banned if returning a lot.

IMO, if you got some games without cases and you got them for an amazing price (50% for this sale), keep them. Throughout 2022, find them in-store and buy it if complete with case and manual if it has one, then return the one with the generic case. This helps spread out the returns and it won't piss any employee off.

Also, this should be your last resort. Call your stores and ask if they have any of the games you received loose and if they have the original case and artwork. If they do, make a trip over and ask if you can swap the cases. Most employees will let you.

In my last buy I bought a physical copy of FH2 so I could complete my horizon collection. Turns out I already own it digitally. I sure am great at saving money...
It got so bad with remembering what games I have between physical and digital (bought, GwG, GPU, PS+, etc). I ended up downloading MS Word on my tablet and smartphone to catalog games for every console and handheld that I have to make sure I don’t buy duplicates.

Now if I’m not sure if I have a game or not, I just open up said document and check. My recommendation is maybe use a notepad type app or other document/MS Word type app to catalog what you have for on-the-go viewing. MS Word is only free to use for so long before they try to hook you into signing up for MS 365 (individual or family plan).

Found a few games and came to about $37

Call of Duty WW2 - Xbox One
Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered - Switch
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla - PS4
Immortals Fenyx Rising - PS4
Watch Dogs Legion - PS4

It got so bad with remembering what games I have between physical and digital (bought, GwG, GPU, PS+, etc). I ended up downloading MS Word on my tablet and smartphone to catalog games for every console and handheld that I have to make sure I don’t buy duplicates.

Now if I’m not sure if I have a game or not, I just open up said document and check. My recommendation is maybe use a notepad type app or other document/MS Word type app to catalog what you have for on-the-go viewing. MS Word is only free to use for so long before they try to hook you into signing up for MS 365 (individual or family plan).

Watch Dogs Legion - PS4
i use a spreadsheet

Watch Dogs Legion - PS4
i use a spreadsheet
Use the GameEye app. It makes it so much easier. Can export to a spreadsheet too

i use a spreadsheet
I use a site called vgcollect. You can browse by system and add games in batches or one by one with details (notes, level of completion i.e. box instructions etc.). You save you collection online and then you can export a spreadsheet to keep on your phone. They have a free option and a paid/support option. I have been using it for a few years.

I use a site called vgcollect. You can browse by system and add games in batches or one by one with details (notes, level of completion i.e. box instructions etc.). You save you collection online and then you can export a spreadsheet to keep on your phone. They have a free option and a paid/support option. I have been using it for a few years.
i used to use CAG for my games and some dvd site for my movies but I find it's easier to just use my own spreadsheet.

Anyone know if the buy 5 under 19.99, get 50% off applies in store as well? Store pickup is being iffy on the site
I tried I store with some difficulty. If you try to price match a game over $19.99 in store with a web price under $20, that game will not qualify for the promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back