2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which one is iatcg?
I'm not sure if you're asking which person in that message is IATCG or if you're asking who he is in general. As answered above, he was the one with the funco handle, who wrote that street-heat battle rap.

As to the second interpretation, he is a CAG legend, who more recently has been using the ulterior persona Gamestop Dave. He reemerges every few months as one or the other now, though usually with an incognito e-visage atop his character (he gets banned instantaneously the moment he's discovered so, like the super hero that he is, he must hide his true identity).

I have an order from 12/18 that was supposedly shipped but is in the status of "Awaiting Carrier Pickup."  Does anyone know if this will resolve itself or do I need to chat with Gamestop?

I have an order from 12/18 that was supposedly shipped but is in the status of "Awaiting Carrier Pickup." Does anyone know if this will resolve itself or do I need to chat with Gamestop?
One of my orders showed this status on Gamestop's website up until a week after receiving my game. If you locate the shipment email that they sent you can actually look it up via the tracking number on UPS/Fedex/USPS to see the location, atleast that's how it was in my case.

One of my orders showed this status on Gamestop's website up until a week after receiving my game. If you locate the shipment email that they sent you can actually look it up via the tracking number on UPS/Fedex/USPS to see the location, atleast that's how it was in my case.
That is actually what the Fedex site says too in my case. I'm guessing it'll be fine, but all my other orders from Gamestop are arriving in about 1-2 days, so this is a bit of an oddity

I'm not sure if you're asking which person in that message is IATCG or if you're asking who he is in general. As answered above, he was the one with the funco handle, who wrote that street-heat battle rap.

As to the second interpretation, he is a CAG legend, who more recently has been using the ulterior persona Gamestop Dave. He reemerges every few months as one or the other now, though usually with an incognito e-visage atop his character (he gets banned instantaneously the moment he's discovered so, like the super hero that he is, he must hide his true identity).
Was he Pepsiman as well or was that a different individual

IATCG IS LEGEND!

I remember the times he would punch employees in the throats to steal upcoming ads, which in hindsight is probably why GameStop phased them out...

LONG LIVE GAMESTOP DAVE!!

Got my first GS package on time (!!!) and despite what it said on the FedEx tracking, it came from Grapevine TX not NY state. However, all four of the games in this first shipment came complete with box and included inserts. My heart skipped a beat when I saw they sent the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition but of course the Spider-Man remastered code was long gone. I've been very lucky deals-wise lately, but to balance that out I'd probably have ended up breaking a leg or something. 

I have an order from 12/18 that was supposedly shipped but is in the status of "Awaiting Carrier Pickup." Does anyone know if this will resolve itself or do I need to chat with Gamestop?
perfectly normal. pickups dont happen on the weekend and they only pickup so many pieces per day. so it's only been yesterday so far it could have moved along.

Well, this is a new one. Ordered the Snackin' Grogu (Today's DotD) for the kids for Christmas for same day delivery.....and got Breath of the Wild.  :wall:

[attachment=36508:1.jpeg]

[attachment=36509:2.jpeg]

Interesting random find while browsing online.  https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/figures/products/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-pocket-maquette-series-4/301831.html.  This says it’s a $6 preorder for some kind of demon slayer fig.  The pictures are all for a $140 golden axe bikini girl riding a blue dragon fig.  Any chance at all of getting that you think?

I guess the way things have been going lately, you can get anything in the mail no matter what you buy, but this an even higher chance for something with a big price difference?  Probably not, but who knows.

Got my B5G50% games (list here). 8/10 with original case (missing cases for :switch: Immortals and :xb1: Crackdown 3). Not bad ^^

Am I supposed to receive 10,000 points for renewing my sub for a year? I renewed on 12/15, and the guy in chat is telling me only new subs get the 10,000

Went ahead and re-preordered Saints Row on the Xbox One/Series S/X. 2022 is looking pretty dry to start the year for gaming(not for Sony fans) but that's litterally the only game I can think of worth copping. And maybe Dying Light 2, but never played the original.
FYI Saints Row was delayed to August

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGjU1luwgTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK4bm5EwChk

I've asked to see the drawer at a couple different stores. Nothing good so far.
Yea, very random. Worst is when you find just one thing to get and have to get 4 more things.... I am never going to financially recover from all these civilizations!

2VGB2TW.png

I will rent the hall if Fire Thief and Dave/IATCG can be wrassled into showing up for a rap battle. Does anyone have their handlers' pager numbers? I have some promoting to do ASAP!

FYI: LameStop over charged my credit card.   I took adv. on Buy 2 get 1 free (Sakura Wars $20, Yakuza Triology $20 and 13 Sen) all for $42.XX after taxes.  LameStop shipped out 2 games & charged me $42.XX after taxes.  They shipped 1 game later and charged full MSRP on 3rd game.  CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD BILL.

Does anyone know what the return limit is for gamestop?  Is it based on cash amount or the number returns made?  I've made some impulse purchases using my credit card instead of my trade credit and so I go instore to do a return and then repurchase with trade credit (with added bonus of not needing to pay taxes).

Does anyone know what the return limit is for gamestop? Is it based on cash amount or the number returns made? I've made some impulse purchases using my credit card instead of my trade credit and so I go instore to do a return and then repurchase with trade credit (with added bonus of not needing to pay taxes).
I don't think there are any automatic triggers/limits that will get you banned (regarding returns)

I will rent the hall if Fire Thief and Dave/IATCG can be wrassled into showing up for a rap battle. Does anyone have their handlers' pager numbers? I have some promoting to do ASAP!
Yeah, yeah... IATCG and Fire Thief were both okay, but whatever happened to that person that liked Ragdolls and huffing glue?

I don't think I was ready for today's edition of "Let's remember some CAG weirdos." I could have gone my whole life without thinking of that guy's dolls again.

Just want to confirm the 30% bonus for GTA on Switch is indeed real, and it's really nice because it doesn't come out until February

Well I decided to rebuy my B3G2 order from 12/18 to take advantage of the 50% off. I assume I have 7 days from the date that package arrives right?

Ended up spending more money though and got 9 games total for $70. Not sure why I do this since I have GS games in my cabinet from previous sales that I have not played yet and would have gotten even cheaper this time around. Retirement is what I tell myself is when I will find the time.

'Member when Wario64 originally started out as a CAG and the dumbass moderation staff chased him off because they didn't want him posting affiliate links? Good on him for getting out of this shit hole and making that affiliate money on Twitter

I am going in tomorrow to return the 5 games I got for the B3G2 and then will rebuy them for the buy 5 get 50% off. I'm sure it will be fine.
Be careful because some games that are $19.99 or less on the site are more than $19.99 in store so they wouldn't qualify for the deal even if they price match

Anyone know if for the extended return policy if it's for Gamestop's website only or just in-store? And if it's for all products or just games?

The great BB war and the Gfuel purge of 2018 claimed a few good Cags. A toast to their memories.
I miss the guy who made fake sports headline memes the most. He came back briefly but then disappeared again.

The whole "Please, let me see the sheets!" period was a challenging, dark time for CAG, though a much better time for Gamestop.

We were good until mfers (Thorbahn) started snitching our sneaky links out to twitter for clout. We were pulling $50 per game in trade booms during b2g1s. Straight ignorance. GameStop hasn’t been the same since

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back