2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't even buy a used Spider-Man MM Ultimate edition last month when I did the B2G1 new games sale. The site didn't list them. I paid $31 for my brand new MM Ultimate so I knew I was getting a code for SM remastered. Cool that people are now only paying $10 and might be getting an unused SM Remastered code.

I feel like the heyday for me personally was when Blockbuster sold new games and accepted trades. They would routinely offer over $30 trade credit for games that were at toysrus or various retailers for 5 or 6 bucks. The stacks and stacks of PS2 and PS3 games, rock band sets, etc. that I purchased new at 80% or more off msrp….ridiculous. 

It’s so hard to see people talk about $3-5 GS flips. It hurts my soul. 

I feel like the heyday for me personally was when Blockbuster sold new games and accepted trades. They would routinely offer over $30 trade credit for games that were at toysrus or various retailers for 5 or 6 bucks. The stacks and stacks of PS2 and PS3 games, rock band sets, etc. that I purchased new at 80% or more off msrp….ridiculous.

Those Cranium flips, though

I feel like the unused spider-man remaster codes are GameStop’s “new” sticker copies they are accidentally pulling out of the drawer. They don’t know if they are used or new.
Could've been. I almost got one in-store that way last week. He decided to double check at the last minute. It also could've been someone who traded it in without using the code. My other copy of Miles Morales from another order was the launch edition and it had an unused code. In the spring I got a 99 cent copy of NHL 13 for PS3 and it had an unused code of the now delisted NHL arcade game.

GameStop giveth and GameStop taketh.

THIS.

$5 game from Toys R Us or Best Buy > $30 credit at Blockbuster > wait for B1G1 sale at Blockbuster and buy 4 games with $30 > Trade in to best buy for $80. Add in the old glitch where you'd get reward points for buying gift cards with giftcards at best buy (only way to "combine" two gift cards from a trade) and this is how I bought a Gears of War 3 edition Xbox 360 for like $20. Miss these days (not that I have the time to hunt for these games and do the flips anymore).

Is the 5 for 50% off in store as well? And I assume not but don't suppose anyone has seen an end date for that? Wondering if it'll still be live Sunday after Christmas cause I'll be driving a long way and could hit a few random stores I'd never normally hit.

THIS.

$5 game from Toys R Us or Best Buy > $30 credit at Blockbuster > wait for B1G1 sale at Blockbuster and buy 4 games with $30 > Trade in to best buy for $80. Add in the old glitch where you'd get reward points for buying gift cards with giftcards at best buy (only way to "combine" two gift cards from a trade) and this is how I bought a Gears of War 3 edition Xbox 360 for like $20. Miss these days (not that I have the time to hunt for these games and do the flips anymore).

Is the 5 for 50% off in store as well? And I assume not but don't suppose anyone has seen an end date for that? Wondering if it'll still be live Sunday after Christmas cause I'll be driving a long way and could hit a few random stores I'd never normally hit.
Yes, works in store as well.

Everyone is doing that, and Pro members still have to buy the bundles. Microsoft sends out email invitations to buy Series X. Those are bundled too.
Not everyone. Target is all free, Best Buy is 50/50, so is Walmart. Amazon is 70/30 prime but for a lesser price. None of those bundles are as expensive

Gamestop sent me an empty envelope with the seal still intact haha [attachment=36517:1993DBAD-2AD2-4087-8F87-FD7FC5349ADF.jpeg]

I feel like the heyday for me personally was when Blockbuster sold new games and accepted trades.
I made out like a bandit when blockbuster had their closing sale. Brought COD black ops ii for $10-$15 and flipped to Best buy for 30+ store credit.
Redbox was a good era also; $2 transformers :ps4: flipped to gamestop for 11 TC. Had redbox written all over the game disc as well if I recall correctly. I don’t miss those photocopy games from redbox though 🤦🏽‍♂️

4 of my 5 games supposed to come tomorrow other one still preparing, ordered them yesterday, I didn't think anything was going to come until after Christmas though

I wish Gamestop would fix whatever is causing otherwise nice cases to get damaged along the top edge and spine. Like 80% of the games I receive have this exact same damage

Any GS employees or anyone else familiar with the workings of Same Day Delivery? Is the Door Dash pick up request automated once the GameStop, that carries the item, has marked it as "Ready to Ship" or is there more to it?

Got one of the Series X bundles from Gamestop today. Are you allowed to return any of the games they bundled with it and get full credit or money back? One of the games was new Call of Duty for $69.99 but I'd rather have the money back to buy Forza 5 instead.

Any GS employees or anyone else familiar with the workings of Same Day Delivery? Is the Door Dash pick up request automated once the GameStop, that carries the item, has marked it as "Ready to Ship" or is there more to it?
Yes, it's all automated.

Got one of the Series X bundles from Gamestop today. Are you allowed to return any of the games they bundled with it and get full credit or money back? One of the games was new Call of Duty for $69.99 but I'd rather have the money back to buy Forza 5 instead.
No, the bundles were fixed items, can only trade it in for current trade credit value.

mlb 21 xbox codes, good luck

GHFV4-TXY4M-DRMKV-G2QHF-JPVTZ

2W2GP-K4WQ6-QGH2G-XGGDQ-TD2WZ

MHXXF-X3J69-GDG3K-PRYYR-DM2MZ

37MH6-37P3Y-CQKF6-HXKFD-2C69Z

Gamestop sent me an empty envelope with the seal still intact haha
attachicon.gif
1993DBAD-2AD2-4087-8F87-FD7FC5349ADF.jpeg
Lol, well they didn't send it empty. . .

It's YMMV, but a reasonable employee would allow you to swap it for a different game. Everything is individually itemized on the receipt so it is possible, but a straight return is probably not going to happen.

Still about 20+ in line roughly 90 minutes after opening at my closest store. They must have gotten a nice haul of bu does consoles.

I wish Gamestop would fix whatever is causing otherwise nice cases to get damaged along the top edge and spine. Like 80% of the games I receive have this exact same damage
Can you post a picture of the damaged cases that you received? Just curious what it looks like.

Still about 20+ in line roughly 90 minutes after opening at my closest store. They must have gotten a nice haul of bu does.
They had 40 Xbox units at the store I went to. There was barely a line and most of the people in the line or I saw leaving the store weren't there to buy Xbox consoles.

Gamestop still taking new games and grinding the case down to make it look used. Well I at least think that is why they are doing that, unless the grinding makes the plastic wrap more easier or faster to remove.

Gamestop still taking new games and grinding the case down to make it look used. Well I at least think that is why they are doing that, unless the grinding makes the plastic wrap more easier or faster to remove.
think its a machine that slices open a bunch of games at once

cant imagine being hired to be the dude to sit there and open sealed games one by one to make them used

Scraped up. They all have these same scrapes in the same locations

attachicon.gif
20211223_130556.jpg
attachicon.gif
20211223_130609.jpg
Yeah, this is super common and always the same pattern, Pretty sure they have a machine to convert new games to used for unknown reasons. It removes the plastic wrap in bulk, but also destroys the cases to teach us waiting for deals a lesson.

edit: oops, I guess like a few others just said as well.

Yeah, this is super common and always the same pattern, Pretty sure they have a machine to convert new games to used for unknown reasons. It removes the plastic wrap in bulk, but also destroys the cases to teach us waiting for deals a lesson.

edit: oops, I guess like a few others just said as well.
Yup. They mostly do that for reprints though. Convert to used typically does not get sent to have that done from the stores. Or at least any of them I have ordered shockingly still came sealed.

Though it's all wildly inconsistent. As back during previous secret reprints like Xenoblade they didn't apparently have that machine. Or they just opened them by hand.

But for example the recent copies of 13 sentinels aegis rim that were reprints were still sealed. Which was weird.

But yeah cold steel 3 gravity rush and the other reprints all had the same marks on them.

Yup. They mostly do that for reprints though. Convert to used typically does not get sent to have that done from the stores. Or at least any of them I have ordered shockingly still came sealed.

Though it's all wildly inconsistent. As back during previous secret reprints like Xenoblade they didn't apparently have that machine. Or they just opened them by hand.

But for example the recent copies of 13 sentinels aegis rim that were reprints were still sealed. Which was weird.

But yeah cold steel 3 gravity rush and the other reprints all had the same marks on them.
Why do they even do that for reprints? That makes no sense.

Does anyone know if I can use one of the "$x Off" coupons on a digital game? I want to buy the Smash Bros. DLC pack (in store; I know the online coupons rarely work).

Why do they even do that for reprints? That makes no sense.
it's not reprints, its typically bulk/unsold old stock that is being cleared out, either damaged shipping box and they returned the whole lot or such. they buy it discounted but arent able to sell it as new per the purchase arrangement. so they run it through the machine that strips the plastic and sells as pre-owned.

it's not reprints, its typically bulk/unsold old stock that is being cleared out, either damaged shipping box and they returned the whole lot or such. they buy it discounted but arent able to sell it as new per the purchase arrangement. so they run it through the machine that strips the plastic and sells as pre-owned.
. It is reprints stop talking out your ass about something you obviously know nothing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back