2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully we don't have too much price fluctuation between now and tomorrow or Monday. I'd prefer to do more store pickup for this new promo. I'd rather avoid having Gamestop ship stuff based on all the horror stories of Ontrac and such basically just throwing their hands up and lying about delivering.

Hopefully we don't have too much price fluctuation between now and tomorrow or Monday. I'd prefer to do more store pickup for this new promo. I'd rather avoid having Gamestop ship stuff based on all the horror stories of Ontrac and such basically just throwing their hands up and lying about delivering.
Receiving your package from Gamestop is only half the battle, trust me.

I tried to find answer to this online but couldn't get a clear answer. So I bought GTA Trilogy on ps4 this past week at full price but discounted via I think a $3 coupon you get with points and now I noticed that they have discounted the game to 49.99. My question is does gamestop price adjust in this case for an online order or nah?

YMMV but I used the online chat for a similar scenario and they refunded me the points value of the cert. The guy made sure to remind me that this was a courtesy and that he sees I've been given points before (yeah for the 10k pro sign up bonus I didn't get smh)

I tried to find answer to this online but couldn't get a clear answer. So I bought GTA Trilogy on ps4 this past week at full price but discounted via I think a $3 coupon you get with points and now I noticed that they have discounted the game to 49.99. My question is does gamestop price adjust in this case for an online order or nah?
It's probably less a price adjustment and more a buy at the lower price and return the original purchase.

As far as the $3 coupon, I think it will be forfeited - at least the monthly coupons work that way. But in your situation still net positive it sounds like.

Of course YMMV, Gamestop being Gamestop.

I bought left and right from this sale about 1.5 weeks back for $39 total. Both work with no drift. Talk about winning the lottery
I did as well, so it looks like the left was refurbished and when plugged into the console it registers as a purple joycon lol, not a big deal, just thought that was interesting.

I know this has come up a few times, but have you ever had a long-standing order stuck in 'awaiting product availability' actually ship? We're talking orders that are 1-5 months old in this case and still stuck in that queue. They are rarer games, and I'm okay to wait a while for the possibility that they actually come in stock and ship, but I'm counting on it less-and-less.

If not, how has it been trying to get these refunded? I have like $200 in items that were never fulfilled (including my $10 Animal Crossing!) and I'm going to try and see if I can get it all addressed in one grueling CS call.

I know this has come up a few times, but have you ever had a long-standing order stuck in 'awaiting product availability' actually ship? We're talking orders that are 1-5 months old in this case and still stuck in that queue. They are rarer games, and I'm okay to wait a while for the possibility that they actually come in stock and ship, but I'm counting on it less-and-less.

If not, how has it been trying to get these refunded? I have like $200 in items that were never fulfilled (including my $10 Animal Crossing!) and I'm going to try and see if I can get it all addressed in one grueling CS call.
One time I had an order for a game stuck in "awaiting product availability" even though the game was in stock. Contacted support multiple times and they said they fixed it, but it still never shipped. Just had to cancel it eventually. I've had no problem getting orders like that refunded, since it's not "preparing for shipment" or anything it's not a big deal to cancel. It's like cancelling a preorder.

About a year ago an order shipped after 3 or 4 months in the "awaiting availability" limbo, but generally they just get stuck there and never ship.

It's definitely not a typical case but I had a backordered game ship after nearly a year!

I ordered 'WILL: A Wonderful World' for PS4 during one of the 'Buy 5 get 50% Off pre-owned games' sales back in June 2020 and, after being stuck in 'Awaiting Product Availability' purgatory for ~11 months, I finally got a shipping notification in May 2021.

I paid for the order with a Credit Card so I luckily didn't get charged until the game shipped but if you have a bunch of trade credit tied up in unfulfilled orders you may be better off cancelling them as there's unfortunately no guarantee if/when they'll actually ship.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but it seems the Gamestop website has been sending out actual new/sealed games when you order them new now.  In the past it would usually be 50% sealed and 50% gutted (fulfilled by a store).  Since November I have ordered 12 new games and every single one came factory sealed.  I just ordered 4 more new ones last night, let's see if my luck continues.

If they truly have changed the way they fulfill new orders they may become my retailer of choice for new games in the future, especially with the great prices they have been having lately.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but it seems the Gamestop website has been sending out actual new/sealed games when you order them new now. In the past it would usually be 50% sealed and 50% gutted (fulfilled by a store). Since November I have ordered 12 new games and every single one came factory sealed. I just ordered 4 more new ones last night, let's see if my luck continues.

If they truly have changed the way they fulfill new orders they may become my retailer of choice for new games in the future, especially with the great prices they have been having lately.
I believe you just got fortunate. I ordered 5 “new” games. 4 came gutted and only 1 sealed.

yes

the one that comes to mind is devil survivor 3ds ordered in march finally received in july

but i also had 2-3 orders that never made it from march and got cancelled like 9 months later or something

What are the chances gamestop will send me replacement copies of 3 games I ordered during the buy 5 for 50% , they smell really bad of smoke.

So anyone else not getting points from gift card purchases anymore? I bought some Steam cards on the 22nd and 24th and still haven't received points for them

Maybe I've just been lucky, but it seems the Gamestop website has been sending out actual new/sealed games when you order them new now. In the past it would usually be 50% sealed and 50% gutted (fulfilled by a store). Since November I have ordered 12 new games and every single one came factory sealed. I just ordered 4 more new ones last night, let's see if my luck continues.

Definitely just lucky on a restock. As my last order was 4 new 2 "new". The sad part was the one game was Mario deluxe. tell me they don't have surplus of those sealed.

Other people already answered your question, but this is a reminder that IF YOU DO get a game fulfilled weeks or months after the original order, make sure to keep an eye on your credit card (particularly if purchased during any kind of sale/discount). They love to charge you for the full item amount after finally shipping.

Got an email earlier this morning offering the Far Cry 6 Ultimate Steel book on sale for $79.99. Just checked the site and it says $59.99. I jumped on it as that was my buy it price this holiday.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

So anyone else not getting points from gift card purchases anymore? I bought some Steam cards on the 22nd and 24th and still haven't received points for them
normal for the time of year, i'd give it a couple of business days and if not call customer service, but i'd imagine you get by wednesday.

Rakuten has 10% back for gamestop for those planning any purchases for the b2g1. The 10$ cash back for 40$ purchases at giant eagle is still going till the end of the year for those that want to buy the gift card then make the purchase via online (assuming you can get the giftcard to work as that's always ymmv)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back