2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Tested all the buttons and did the calibration test. I know what drift looks like from my kid's left joycon. Now I can send his in for repairs while he uses this one.
I can't stress this enough, if you are sending in more than one, SEND THEM separately! I sent in two in the same box, and they only sent one back. It took a few extended chat sessions to get them to make a "one time exception" and send me a "new" replacement joycon.

Got an email earlier this morning offering the Far Cry 6 Ultimate Steel book on sale for $79.99. Just checked the site and it says $59.99. I jumped on it as that was my buy it price this holiday.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
For some reason the page for FC6 ultimate for PS5 won't load for me. The standard edition loads fine and ultimate for other consoles loads fine.

FC6 is $20 now. How is GS with price adjusting? I bought it for $25 so not a huge deal but if I’m going there anyway it would be nice.

So i bought 3 games last week, and i used my $10 rewards coupon. They took the $10 off of persona 5 strikers. But if i want to return that game, are they only going to give me $15 back? Or will that $10 go towards a different game?

So i bought 3 games last week, and i used my $10 rewards coupon. They took the $10 off of persona 5 strikers. But if i want to return that game, are they only going to give me $15 back? Or will that $10 go towards a different game?
They are one-time use. You'll only get back what it says you paid.

While i get that, but the other 2 games are on the same order, it still would just deduct it from persona 5 strikers?
The only time a cert gets split across multiple games is when ordering a qty of 2 or more of the same game/sku. Otherwise it comes off the single highest priced item.

Anyone ever get a delivery while the order is still in preparing shipment status? I got a package in the mail and two games I ordered yesterday arrived but there was no notification at all, not even from in this case UPS and on the website it still shows preparing for shipment. 

I believe you just got fortunate. I ordered 5 “new” games. 4 came gutted and only 1 sealed.

Definitely just lucky on a restock. As my last order was 4 new 2 "new". The sad part was the one game was Mario deluxe. tell me they don't have surplus of those sealed.
Apparently my luck continues. The 4 games arrived today and all were truly new/factory sealed and not "Gamestop new". 16 for 16 this holiday season. It might be helping that almost all of them came out in the last 6 months or so, so they are fairly new.

Got my 8 games today. 6/8 were complete. RE Village was a generic case which was disappointing.

They did send me The Surge instead of the The Surge 2 so I am going to have to take care of that. At least to the credit of who packed the order the game has a Surge 2 sticker. 

Anyone ever get a delivery while the order is still in preparing shipment status? I got a package in the mail and two games I ordered yesterday arrived but there was no notification at all, not even from in this case UPS and on the website it still shows preparing for shipment.

Yes lol from fedex and usps as well. No warning nothing items still say preparing to ship even after I get them.

Apparently my luck continues. The 4 games arrived today and all were truly new/factory sealed and not "Gamestop new". 16 for 16 this holiday season. It might be helping that almost all of them came out in the last 6 months or so, so they are fairly new.
Meanwhile my order from the 19th has gone from Washington to Oregon to Idaho made multiple stops in Utah and is now bouncing around Wyoming. I am half expecting it to finish circling Colorado before arriving next year.

Store told me today they can't match online GS prices and do the B2G1.

Sigh.

Edit..wouldn't be a problem if the mofo store stock was right on the website. I know..it's been broken for months.

How do u do a survey for an employee who u didn’t buy anything from? Dude helped me get a sealed copy and not gutted no questions asked

To be clear, I meant the coupons that you spend points on, not the monthly $5 coupon. If you can use those on either eshop credit or a voucher for a digital title then that's great.

It's definitely not a typical case but I had a backordered game ship after nearly a year!

I ordered 'WILL: A Wonderful World' for PS4 during one of the 'Buy 5 get 50% Off pre-owned games' sales back in June 2020 and, after being stuck in 'Awaiting Product Availability' purgatory for ~11 months, I finally got a shipping notification in May 2021.
Naturally - the day after I ask this - I get a shipping notification for the oldest order in my queue. Whoo-hoo!

Perhaps not coincidentally, there appears to have been a restock of Gen 7 games at the same time. A few HTF PS3 games like Ratchet and Clank Nexus are still in stock as I post this.

Another day, another "new" game received. I was doing ok for a while but over the last few orders, I got way more gutted games than I have in the past few months. Ordered 13 new games over the sales these last 2 weeks and got 4 gutted games- Dragon Quest XI PS4, Persona 5 PS4, Catherie and now Carrion. 

I have no idea who they are hiring at these warehouses to fulfill our orders. Where they find these people is beyond me. Since November I've had at least 6-7 games missing when the packing slip says they are included. I've probably ordered around 15 games (that's almost half!). If you order 2 qty of anything, you might as well except them to ship you only one and then you'll have to call them.

At least the call center guys are competent and can get you a new one shipped but it's such a hastle to have to go through that every time. If I was working the call center and saw an account like mine, I'd think that person is abusing the system to get free games. But I guess this kind of crap happens so much that they are totally unfazed by it. Unbelievable...

I have no idea who they are hiring at these warehouses to fulfill our orders. Where they find these people is beyond me. Since November I've had at least 6-7 games missing when the packing slip says they are included. I've probably ordered around 15 games (that's almost half!). If you order 2 qty of anything, you might as well except them to ship you only one and then you'll have to call them.
Minimum wage gets minimum effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back