**THE GAMESTORE TRADE-IN VALUE LIST**

OZUS

CAG Veteran
OK changed topic title to better reflect the this list. it now covers all gamestores ebgames,gamestop, gamecrazy, etc...

example of a post:

i went to eb last night and received:
$5 = Billybob's wacky Adveture Island
50¢ = misc sports title
$17= ChickenHawk Down

***UPDATED LIST 6/18/04***

-GAMESTOP-
beach volleyball summer heat (ps2): $7
BMX XXX(Xbox)- $4
C vs SNK 2 $11
Rocky $8
Shenmue II $5
Plus $10 instore for trade in of three games
Total $34
GBA system: $20 (that's $30 if you trade it for an SP)
Circus Maximus (Xbox) $1
Amped (Xbox) $1
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (Xbox) $6
NFL 2k3 (Xbox) $2
Shenmue 2 (Xbox) $5
Prisoner of War (Xbox) $6
Medal of Honor Frontline (Gamecube) $9
Tony Hawk 3 (Gamecube) $5
Rocky (Gamecube) $4
Castlevania Circle of the Moon (GBA) $5
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (GBA) $7
Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance (GBA) $12 (and no, I didn't actually sell it for that little since it's worth at least $25)
Frequency (PS2) $7
eJay Club (PS2) $5
Mobile Light Force 2 (PS2) $1
Sirens (PS2) $18
Rygar PS2 $4
The two Towers $3
Dark Alliance Gamestop $3
Red Faction II (GC) - $7
Metal Gear Solid : The Twin Snakes (GC) - $20
MX Superfly - $6
Thief Xbox $20
Splinter Cell Xbox $2
(PS2) GTA 3 $2
(PS2)Tetris Worlds $8
.Hack Vol.1 $8
.Hack Vol.2 $11
(PS2)Manhunt $12
SOCOM II - $12
Counterstrike - $10
FFCC - $18

-EBGAMES-
EB on June 5th (all items have all original packaging and other materials that were in the packages unless noted otherwise)
$3.00 = Dreamcast system with controller
$1.00 = extra Dreamcast controller
$0.50 = Dreamcast memory unit
$0.50 = Crazy Taxi (dc)
$0.50 = Virtua Tennis (dc)
$0.50 = Daytona USA (dc)
$0.50 = Jet Grind Radio (dc)
$0.10 = Chu Chu Rocket (dc)
$3.00 = Spice GameCube Controller with no packaging or other
materials
$10.00 = GameBoy Color with no packaging or other materials
--
GC Super Smash Bros. Melee: $15
Whiplash PS2 $4
onimusha 3 $30
Sony brand PS2 DVD remote (with everything) $3.00
Prince of Persia PS2 $10.00
Gungrave PS2 $10.00 (this I got for $4 at CC!)
Glacier original GBA $35.00
BMX XXX(Xbox)- $1
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $5
Rocky $3
Shenmue II $2
Total $10
Zelda: Collector's edition: $25

-GAMECRAZY-
Rygar PS2 $7.50
The two Towers $5
Dark Alliance $6.25

-GAMERUSH-
Thanks to video_gamer324 for following info:
It seems like GameRush has a pattern with trade-in credit. It goes kind
of like this:
They Sell:/They Buy:
$3 / $.50
$5 / $1
$7 / $2
$10 / $3
$13-$15 / $7
$17-$30 / (approx. 50% of their selling price)
$33 / $20
$35 / $21
$40 / $25
$45 / $30

-FYE-
Rygar: $6
Wario World: $11
Devil May Cry 2: $7
Ratchet and Clank 2: $1

***OTHER NON-VIDEOGAME TRADES***

Traded in a few CD's at EB:

Next - Rated Next ($2.02)
Ginuwine - The Bachelor ($1.34)
Jeff Foxworthy - Games Rednecks Play ($0.67)
Jeff Foxworthy - Sold Out ($1.34)
Shaquille o'Neile - You Can't Stop the Reign ($0.50)

and a couple Gameboy Colors, $10 each.

GAMESTOP:
Charlies Angels $3
A Bug's Life $1
Cowboy Bebop Vol. 2 $5
Nintendo Controller (GC) - $10
Mad Catz Controller (GC) - $5

figured it help everyone here have some idea at how bad you're gonna get ripped off before walking up to the register and finding out.

so wait, you gave them a dreamcast with original box and everything for $3.00 Damn. I think even if you know jack about games, you'd know that was a bad deal for you. With the box and all the prices I found on ebay range from 20-50. Why would anyone need $6.60 (or whatever the total was for all your dreamcast gear) in EB store credit that badly? Egad. I'm all sad now.

[quote name='trent82']EB on June 5th (all items have all original packaging and other materials that were in the packages unless noted otherwise)
$3.00 = Dreamcast system with controller
$1.00 = extra Dreamcast controller
$0.50 = Dreamcast memory unit
$0.50 = Crazy Taxi (dc)
$0.50 = Virtua Tennis (dc)
$0.50 = Daytona USA (dc)
$0.50 = Jet Grind Radio (dc)
$0.10 = Chu Chu Rocket (dc)
$3.00 = Spice GameCube Controller with no packaging or other materials
$10.00 = GameBoy Color with no packaging or other materials

a few funny things here. notice how the gc controller is worth just as much as the entire dc system. also, notice they are willing to give you $10 for a dirty old gameboy color with no booklets or packaging, but only $3 for a dreamcast with everything in mint condition. oh and by the way, the gameboy color was not mine. it belonged to a friend of mine who was trading it in. i usually keep the boxes and don't let my stuff get dirty...and believe me, that thing was nasty dirty. they didn't even check to see if it worked.

and yes, i did agree to trade this stuff in at these prices. they were lower than i thought, but i had absolutely no reason to keep it, and people are not buying many of these on ebay.[/quote]

this is why you use the trading forums located on this site. I personally would have gave you double for everything, but the old dirty GB :). hell I would've prob gave you triple.

Okay, my list isn't for EB Games, but for Gamestop. I hope it's okay for me to post this here, since the topic-starter also posted some Gamestop trade-in values.

GBA system: $20 (that's $30 if you trade it for an SP)
Circus Maximus (Xbox) $1
Amped (Xbox) $1
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (Xbox) $6
NFL 2k3 (Xbox) $2
Shenmue 2 (Xbox) $5
Prisoner of War (Xbox) $6
Medal of Honor Frontline (Gamecube) $9
Tony Hawk 3 (Gamecube) $5
Rocky (Gamecube) $4
Castlevania Circle of the Moon (GBA) $5
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (GBA) $7
Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance (GBA) $12 (and no, I didn't actually sell it for that little since it's worth at least $25)

At Gamestop:

Frequency (PS2) $7
eJay Club (PS2) $5
Mobile Light Force 2 (PS2) $1
Sirens (PS2) $18

I took advantage of the $10 extra with three trade-ins too. BTW, the buy 2 get 1 free works great for Robotech DVDs, in case anyone is interested. I picked up almost the entire Macross series at $10 for three volumes (they were $4.99 each) (I bought six volumes for $20). And remember that if you use trade-in credit, they won't charge you tax.

[quote name='hwong3']
I took advantage of the $10 extra with three trade-ins too. [/quote]

The clerk at my Gamestop told me that deal expired Sunday. It stinks because I could have an extra $30 with that deal. :cry:

From my EB:

Sony brand PS2 DVD remote (with everything) $3.00
Prince of Persia PS2 $10.00
Gungrave PS2 $10.00 (this I got for $4 at CC!)
Glacier original GBA $35.00

All these are merch credits BTW

[quote name='boyward'][quote name='hwong3']
I took advantage of the $10 extra with three trade-ins too. [/quote]

The clerk at my Gamestop told me that deal expired Sunday. It stinks because I could have an extra $30 with that deal. :cry:[/quote]

B2G1 ended on Sunday. Trade 3 get $10 continues for a little longer.

wow, i didn't realize so many people would have cared about that dreamcast stuff. sorry for anyone who would have wanted it, but i never really checked out the trading forums before. i checked on ebay, and most people were either getting about $10 - $15 for similar items or getting no bids at all. as far as getting rid of it for such a small amount of cash, that really doesn't bother me. the difference between $7 and a potential $20 isn't that big of deal to me...i just wanted to clear out some space on my shelves. i seriously never bothered with the thing. i bought it when they went down to $50 in 2001 and messed with it off and on for a few months and then it just sat for basically 2 years collecting dust.

[quote name='DavidDayton']I wonder if there is a way for any EB, Gamestop, Game Crazy, etc. workers to print out a list of all trade in values...[/quote]

Yes and no. We could, but that would be grounds for termination if the whole list is released to the public. Also, prices change every day, so it would not really be accuarate.

at the prices they charge for DC games those rates are a rip. i'd personally triple those rates if they where open with scratches. if anyone is looking to drop their DC stuff PM me. i'm a huge DC fan.

jshawnd.

As an adult, I'm not a big fan of how ebgames and gamestop have essentially morphed into pawn shops over the past few years. Back when the stores didn't focus on preplayed product, the stores were much cleaner, better organized, and you could find what you were looking for. Now when I go, I almost always have to wait in a slow moving line where the cashier is laboriously determining the trade in value of a stack of dirty games. The walls are a mess, filled with out-of-order boxes that seem to be sorted vaguely by new release, old release, bargain bin, used but recent games, and used old crappy games. I hate it.

i'm not a big fan of EB and GS either. all they have is stuff at release prices and a bunch of crap that they accepted telling someone it was worth $4 cuz of damage and turn around and sell it for $20+ insisting that it's open and the manual(if your lucky enough to get one) has some folds in it. the scratches and dents are just cosmetic. yes that's an exageration.

my ONE and ONLY good time at any of these stores was when they had Chase stunt driver on sale and a coupon,(i think) $15 sounded good to me. go to the store they have it $5 less cuz some idiot missed it while he was changing prices. while i was there everything on sale was shot back up. off course they give you the "new" game that comes out of a plastic ziploc, w/ finger prints of course and a messed up case.this was at eb. at least GS uses cardboard sleeves.

[quote name='trent82']wow, i didn't realize so many people would have cared about that dreamcast stuff. sorry for anyone who would have wanted it, but i never really checked out the trading forums before. i checked on ebay, and most people were either getting about $10 - $15 for similar items or getting no bids at all. as far as getting rid of it for such a small amount of cash, that really doesn't bother me. the difference between $7 and a potential $20 isn't that big of deal to me...i just wanted to clear out some space on my shelves. i seriously never bothered with the thing. i bought it when they went down to $50 in 2001 and messed with it off and on for a few months and then it just sat for basically 2 years collecting dust.[/quote]

if you wanted to clear out your shlef you should have gotten rid of some other system, as the Dreamcast is much better than any current system out there now.

Just did this today....

Gamestop:

(PS2) GTA 3 $2
(PS2)Tetris Worlds $8
.Hack Vol.1 $8
.Hack Vol.2 $11
(PS2)Manhunt $12

...and some DVD's

Charlies Angels $3
A Bug's Life $1 ....yeah I know...
Cowboy Bebop Vol. 2 $5

Hope this helps folks out there!

Here's a general guide to GameRush's pricing:

[quote name='video_gamer324']
It seems like GameRush has a pattern with trade-in credit. It goes kind of like this:

They Sell:/They Buy:
$3 / $.50
$5 / $1
$7 / $2
$10 / $3
$13-$15 / $7
$17-$30 / (approx. 50% of their selling price)
$33 / $20
$35 / $21
$40 / $25
$45 / $30[/quote]

Also, it sounds like they're offering a minimum of $10 for any GBA game you trade in.

bread's done
Back