The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I've heard it's actually beyond a bitch, so good luck.[/QUOTE]

Is the info saved on your HDD or on the actual system?

[quote name='jkircos']Is the info saved on your HDD or on the actual system?[/quote]

Im pretty sure the CC info is tied to the tag which im removing before I sell it.

[quote name='Aku']Hey folks, I have a question concerning a friend.

He purchased an Xbox 360 last month. Due to the way his house is set up, he could not connect to the internet, so he made an offline profile. We've fixed the problem of not getting internet so now he's ready to hop onto live.

The question is, how does he keep his saves and achievements when creating a gamertag? He's tag will have to be different then his offline name due to it already being taken, but we'd like to keep all the work he's done including creating some Halo 3 maps and completeing several games.[/quote]

I'm not near my 360 right now, but I went through the same thing. You can actually upgrade his current offline profile to an online one. If the gamertag is already taken, it will let you select another one. All your saves/achievements/etc will all be transferred over. If you can't figure it out, post back here and I'll try to figure out what I did after I get off work

As Aeuavian said. I remember the gamertag I used offline was taken when I decided to register it online and make my account. It just told me that it was already taken and just made me change it. Should happen the same way with your friend's account.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I've heard it's actually beyond a bitch, so good luck.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't too bad when I had to call in. The dumbest part was when the woman asked me if there was anybody I wanted to give my tag to (my subscription already expired) and I just thought, "Why would I give somebody else my gamerscore and pay for their subscription?"

Problem: Played 360 fine last night, go to play it today but the controller doesn't turn on. Changed the batteries thinking that was the problem but nothing changed. No symptom of my 360 dying again :) but without a controller I'm pretty much sol. By the way, I tried syncing it (console button first, then controller one but the controller didn't respond) but to no avail.

Any solutions?

[quote name='Foo228']You think a getting a new controller would be my only solution?[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of this problem before.

Do you have a friend that can bring a controller over? You might want to test another controller to make sure the 360 itself isn't the problem and not the controller.

[quote name='Rictor']

I don't have any credit to move, but I do move clearance games at Gamerush for a nice profit sometimes. I'm up to $225 on a $100 investment...thinking of saving for a 360 as that's the only current gen system I don't have. There's really only 2 games I want to play on the system though: Beautiful Katamari and Viva Pinata.[/quote]

I was able to get the elite for $300 from Dell.com earlier today (only last for an hour before Dell change the price back to 449). One of the poster called the CSR and the CSR said that the promo should be on by 7 AM tomorrow. Hope it helps you to complete your gaming systems.. I did.. :)

Try a few more new batteries. I once went through two packages of batteries only to find that they were all dead. The third pack worked. Or maybe I have crappy batteries.

I saw Wal-Mart has a 3rd party wired controller for $15 if you didn't want to shell out $40 for a new wireless. It would be a quick solution.

Also, as someone suggested you could buy a Plug N Play for and if it didn't work return it the store and exchange it for a Pelican wired version at the same price.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']weak...

I thiink I'll order some SSTs from GS.com, and hope the tiv at BBV holds next week, worked for Fatal Inertia, if not I'll just return them. cant loose since its GS credit anyways.

I'm thinking 2 of each SST, Dancing WTS, History channel, hmm what else.
.[/quote]

Its 1 per person on SST unfortunately.

[quote name='Short Round']Big Bumpin.[/QUOTE]

I was also going to say Bioshock, then I ran into this...LOL

EDIT: Lost Odysey if you like Role Playing

Lost Odyssey.

This won't really be a "best game" thread as much as it'll be a "my favorite game" one.

I've been playing video games for over 20 years now ever since my old coleco! I have'nt gotten into this generation new systems (PS3 WII XBOX360) mostly because there too expensive for me and games are 60 bucks :whistle2:(

But with the news that the xbox 360 will be 200 bucks next month I think the time is right for me to get back in!

Now here are my questions

1. RROD! Is it still a problem? 200 dollars is alot of money for me and spending it on a gaming system that might break down is not good.

2. Why are the games 60 bucks?

3. I will not be playing online will I need a Hardrive?

4. I have a old tv and will probably using a RF adapter should I even bother?

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']I've been playing video games for over 20 years now ever since my old coleco! I have'nt gotten into this generation new systems (PS3 WII XBOX360) mostly because there too expensive for me and games are 60 bucks :whistle2:(

But with the news that the xbox 360 will be 200 bucks next month I think the time is right for me to get back in!

Now here are my questions

1. RROD! Is it still a problem? 200 dollars is alot of money for me and spending it on a gaming system that might break down is not good.

2. Why are the games 60 bucks?

3. I will not be playing online will I need a Hardrive?

4. I have a old tv and will probably using a RF adapter should I even bother?[/QUOTE]

1. You'll be fine.

2. "Rising development costs." And at this point there is a large back catalog of titles that can be had for half that price.

3. It's not quite as necessary, but I know of zero people who own a 360 that don't have one. When the fall update comes you'll be able to install games on your HD to decrease load times; whether you're playing online or not that will be a nice feature. I'd pony up for one.

4. It won't have an effect on the quality of the games, but the RF is going to look like crap. It may be time to put that old Zenith out by the curb for pick-up and upgrade - even if you go fairly small, a 22 inch widescreen HD panel is going to be a significantly different experience.

Honestly, get an HDTV first. Many of the games are unreadable on non-HDTVs and overall, you're paying a premium for an HD gaming system, but won't be playing in HD. So definitely get an HDTV first. HDTV prices have been dropping like crazy lately...so this Black Friday/Holiday 2008 would be the perfect time to pick up a 32" (or higher) HDTV and the 360.

I would do what you want to do primarily. If you want to get the Arcade pack, go for it. I would upgrade the TV as soon as you could though.

[quote name='DanteMayCry']Hey, I enjoy Zuma too ;)[/quote]

I play it every now and then. We're up to level 12. But she'll say that she's going to play "a quick game" and then she's on there for ike 3-4 hours. It cuts into my 360 time. Plus, the PS3 and Wii are hooked up to the same TV, so I can't play while she's on there. :bomb:

[quote name='DanteMayCry']Hey, I enjoy Zuma too ;)[/quote]

Hell yea. Zuma is awesome. My vote goes to Bioshock.

My advice would be to look for something like these:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ele/784312016.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ele/782010395.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ele/777722180.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/ele/780271740.html

CRT's still remain the best bang for the buck in HDTV's and it is easy to find used ones for $200-$300. If you're replacing an RF TV the size shouldn't be an issue. If you buy a new TV you're also going to be paying ~$40 premium for a digital tuner that you may not need or that can be purchased seperately for free (AR).

[quote name='king007']and they keep getting banned too. why not just alert ppl to the fact that trading to multiple stores will eventually get you banned. seems the MO for most ppl here is to go BBV hoping. Works once or twice and then the next time they go into the store to do a trade they learn they are banned.[/quote]

Sorry King007, but you're in the minority with this suggestion. I would bet 98% of the ppl trading to multiple stores are doing it within the same district, hell I trade to 8 stores in 3/4 different districts. I even know clerks who work at multiple stores who recognize me.

You were just unlucky, I don't think it's worth spreading paranoia for this one. You most likely caught someones attention who mentioned you're name to the DM, who called around and voila.

For the records where are you located, we may have other cags in the same area who need to lay low in your stores.

How exactly does anyone know which stores are in the same district? I live on a state border. Would the ones in the next state over be in a different district if they're only 15 minutes away?

any otherr bbv have a huge store colearance sign out front? just happen to see one while filling up on gas. I'll check it out tomorow when i trade in this final copy of FI.

bread's done
Back