The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

Picked up the Blue Harvest poster for 14.99.

Was looking through their used games and they just converted a bunch of the good b1g1 flips, it's a shame that is over.

[quote name='Tboz524']Hey guys. I just got the Microsoft Xbox 360 Universal Remote for my Samsung 26in LCD HDTV. It works for the sammy but not for my xbox. I typed in all 20 something tv codes and got mixed results, with the usual outcome a simple everything works except the xbox controls. Just wondering if there is any suggestions in regards to linking it to your xbox. This would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot. Trevor B.[/quote]
Do you need to sync the remote to the system? I'm not entirely sure how it works, as I've never used one of the remotes.

try hitting the 'TV' button on the remote, then hit the power button on your remote. The 'TV' button on the remote is the switch between your TV and Xbox 360, weird, but w/e.

Heads up, I just saw a used 360 NCAA March Madness 08 with a pricetag of $24.99 at BB, so it looks like a price drop is about to happen...get 'em in quick!

[quote name='dinovelvet']Heads up, I just saw a used 360 NCAA March Madness 08 with a pricetag of $24.99 at BB, so it looks like a price drop is about to happen...get 'em in quick![/QUOTE]

Damn, I got one in today, but here in Tucson apparently everything closes at 6pm Sunday. Bah - the GS I went to had none left (it was in stock when I checked a few days ago and they didn't even have a 50% off bin). Then I went to the Mall and it was closed at 6pm. Oh well, I got the one anyway. Tomorrow I have to get up at, like, 6am for work. Then 5 am the next day. Ugh... I'll have late evening free but without the MM flip to do it might end up kind of boring. Oh well... I think there might be a copy of SST PS3 to be had at one of the stores - maybe I can track that down.

[quote name='Rictor']Hopefully the next Buy 1 Get 1 won't be limited to $15 games. Would be nice to get some actual Wii and PS3 games.[/quote]

During that same conversation I had the other night, I specificly asked whether any Wii prices would be going down. She said that a couple already had, and more probably would in time for the sale.
You can buy back your Octomania at least. :p

Values valid as of 08/10/08-10PM

NBA 07(PS3)- $9 TIV($5 on clearance @ Kmart)
NCAA March Madness 08(360)-$22 TIV($12.49 @ GS)

I asked the clerk who looked up those values for me tonight when they update TIV's. They told me Sunday, so it would appear that MM 08 has held value for another week.

I just called in on two different BBs, March Madness is still $22.

But check this out...NHL 08 is $28.50 in credit. That's an absolutely sick deal if you're looking to unload that game as I am.

Values as of today:

NCAA MM 08 - $22
NBA Live 06 - $1

i got nba from gamestop for $3 thinking it might trade in for $6 at BB but i was dissapointed went it showed up $1. Going to have to return that one to GS. Also i saw Smackdown vs. Raw 08 for ps2 marked $14.99. i know there was some people who wanted that during the last B1G1 when it was marked $19.99.

We'll only know for sure if the TIV for MM 08 holds for the week if it still gets $22 on Wednesday. Didn't we have a Monday drop for Octomania? And we still can't be sure till Tuesday passes. Then we're safe through Saturday ;).

FWIW, I got $30 for Blacksite and $6 for Prey today as well as $22 for MM 08. But the thing is, do these hold after Weds?

[quote name='whatup5']Values as of today:

NCAA MM 08 - $22
NBA Live 06 - $1

i got nba from gamestop for $3 thinking it might trade in for $6 at BB but i was dissapointed went it showed up $1. Going to have to return that one to GS. Also i saw Smackdown vs. Raw 08 for ps2 marked $14.99. i know there was some people who wanted that during the last B1G1 when it was marked $19.99.[/quote]

They sell NBA Live 06 for $4.99, I've seen it at three different blockbusters for that price. Out of all the games to flip to BBV old sports games are the worst. I don't think you can really get anything for the 07 games either since most of them are 9.99 or less.

man I am so confused this week. First I thought it was thursday on friday at work, adn now I forgot it was sunday and the stores close early. Ahh, weak... Oh well i guess. I still got about 5 games to uload, mainly since the person at GS gave me SW battlefront ONE instead of 2.

Oh, well I guess I deserve it after all teh flips I've done. I'm only loosing like what... 6 bucks tiv.

But MM better not drop. i really wanted to get one and flip it so I can get a 2 gb mem stick at BBV.

[quote name='Unickuta']I just called in on two different BBs, March Madness is still $22.

But check this out...NHL 08 is $28.50 in credit. That's an absolutely sick deal if you're looking to unload that game as I am.[/quote]

Which version is that? Its $27 used for the 360 version and $25 used for the ps3 version on GS website.

[quote name='Unickuta']I just called in on two different BBs, March Madness is still $22.

But check this out...NHL 08 is $28.50 in credit. That's an absolutely sick deal if you're looking to unload that game as I am.[/quote]

360? NHL 08 ?

[quote name='Nikadimas']They sell NBA Live 06 for $4.99, I've seen it at three different blockbusters for that price. Out of all the games to flip to BBV old sports games are the worst. I don't think you can really get anything for the 07 games either since most of them are 9.99 or less.[/quote]

That is generally true but there was awhile where Madden 06 X360 had a 2:1 ratio BBGR:GS. That lasted for quite a bit actually.

[quote name='Unickuta']yes[/quote]

NHL 08 would be 21.69 --> 28.50 after Edge/10% coupon, so it's not a bad flip but nothing spectacular unless I'm missing something.

[quote name='msam']NHL 08 would be 21.69 --> 28.50 after Edge/10% coupon, so it's not a bad flip but nothing spectacular unless I'm missing something.[/quote]

For people like me who have NHL 08 and want NHL 09, which comes out in a month, this is a VERY good deal.

Anyone know what Guitar Hero 3 game only gets in trade for Wii or PS3? Thinking of picking up the $40 bundle at Guitar Center for the extra guitar and trading in the game, as I already have it. Worth it if it's in the $20-something range.

[quote name='Rictor']Anyone know what Guitar Hero 3 game only gets in trade for Wii or PS3? Thinking of picking up the $40 bundle at Guitar Center for the extra guitar and trading in the game, as I already have it. Worth it if it's in the $20-something range.[/quote]

The wii and ps3 version dont have barcodes so BB wont take them.

TIV about an hour ago:
NCAA MM 08 - $22
Gears of War - $25
Genji - $11
UL: Dark Kingdom - 13$

All the BBVs employee have been really nice to me recently unlike when they questioned me about where I got my games to trade in. May be they finally find out I'm not dumb enough to be driving a new Acura TL and be stealing games XD

wow genji got $11. I traded that at GS a long time ago and only got 6+bonus

Also GOW, not bad at all if you still have a copy.

[quote name='luan87us']TIV about an hour ago:
NCAA MM 08 - $22
Gears of War - $25
Genji - $11
UL: Dark Kingdom - 13$

All the BBVs employee have been really nice to me recently unlike when they questioned me about where I got my games to trade in. May be they finally find out I'm not dumb enough to be driving a new Acura TL and be stealing games XD[/quote]

Genji, Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom and NCAA MM 08 all held their values then, since I traded in both UL: DK and Genji back on the first of the month and I just had them check the TIV for MM 08 last night.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']wow genji got $11. I traded that at GS a long time ago and only got 6+bonus

Also GOW, not bad at all if you still have a copy.[/quote]
yeah man i've been trying to sell it because i basically do not like that game lol. I got it free with my GH3 package purchase from a cop lol. And i think best offer i've ever got is 21$ SHIPPED so i decided to trade in BB and get myself a shining new DS3 controller. And yeah I almost traded in Geji @ GS but i rethink about it and went to BB.

I just hope MM 08 hold tomorrow, from whats happend it seems that they change prices on sundays and then tivs on mondays/tuesdays.

Didn't someone say they already saw the lowered price at a BBV for MM 08?

I just picked up a couple 1600 point cards, and now I'm lookin' for suggestions on what to spend it on. I'm gonna spend 480 of it on the Rock Band song pack this Tuesday, and the rest, who knows. I haven't bought an arcade game in awhile, but I was looking at 1942.

Any suggestions? Something cheap AND good would be preferred. :lol:

[quote name='rapsodist']It'd be helpful if you told us what you already have.[/quote]

That's a long list there sir:

Aegis Wing
Alien Hominid HD
Astropop
Bejeweled 2
Castlevania: SOTN
Cloning Clyde
Contra
Dig Dug
Doom
Double Dragon (Wish I hadn't)
Geometry Wars
Hexic HD
Ikaruga
Marble Blast Ultra
Mutant Storm Reloaded
N+
Puzzle Fighter HD
Rez HD
Small Arms
Street Fighter II HF
Undertow
Uno
Yaris
Zuma

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']I just got a new 360 and it has the HDMI on it. Currently I use optical for audio, so can I still use optical and the HDMI only for video, or do i have to strictly only use HDMI?[/QUOTE]

The problem is that the optical out is not on the xbox itself, but, rather, it is on the HD component cable. You can not use the HDMI cable and the HD component cable simultaneously because they won't fit.
Unfortunately, if you want to use both optical and HDMI, then you have to buy Microsoft's HDMI cable/adapter http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360hdmiavcable/

or you can just modify your HD component cable to fit along side the HDMI cable.

Here's a walkthrough for a simple modification that will let you use the two cables...
http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50

Nice. The GS near me has a copy of
PS3: WSOP:BFTB, Blacksite Area51, Sega Superstars Tennis
XBOX360: Vampire Rain and NCAA:MM
all used. The game locater on their site works so well.

EDIT: Oldboy, yes somebody said they saw it lowered to 29.99 for their copies. Hopefully it holds.

I've seen a coupon at my local BB for an extra 20% trade in credit, if you reserve a game with the credit. I've been able to get fallout 3, soul calibur 4, and I reserved gow 2 with my mm08 (which got me 26.40). Haven't seen it mentioned and if anybody would like I could scan one and post it tomorrow.

[quote name='dyeknom']Nice. The GS near me has a copy of
PS3: WSOP:BFTB, Blacksite Area51, Sega Superstars Tennis
XBOX360: Vampire Rain and NCAA:MM
all used. The game locater on their site works so well.

EDIT: Oldboy, yes somebody said they saw it lowered to 29.99 for their copies. Hopefully it holds.[/quote]

lol I was thinking that WSOP:BFTB doesn't even exist for PS3 lol. I've been to a few GS and don't even see it NEW lol, alot for used though. And I doubt MM 08 will hold. BB is smarter now after all those massive flips we've done. They're adjusting TIV of a game as soon as they see a massive amount of copies coming in. That's just my opinion. Gonna flip some more of these 50% off game tomorrow to get another movie pass. Good luck everyone

[quote name='lolwut?']I just picked up a couple 1600 point cards, and now I'm lookin' for suggestions on what to spend it on. I'm gonna spend 480 of it on the Rock Band song pack this Tuesday, and the rest, who knows. I haven't bought an arcade game in awhile, but I was looking at 1942.

Any suggestions? Something cheap AND good would be preferred. :lol:[/quote]
Geometry wars:retro evolved 2

That PacMan CE was pretty balls, but for 800 points, idk. Braid was fun, but I heard it's only about 3 hours or so long. Kinda hard to justify spending $15 on that alone...

I might give Geometry Wars 2 a go. The first one was fun, but I never got good enough to really delve into the game.

GW2 is def worth the 800 points.
Pac-Man CE is also VERY worth it. Yeah, you might get all 200 points in a day or 2..however, it's one of those games you go back to for a few days every so often. Very much worth it! Especially if you have an HDTV!

[quote name='io']We'll only know for sure if the TIV for MM 08 holds for the week if it still gets $22 on Wednesday. Didn't we have a Monday drop for Octomania? And we still can't be sure till Tuesday passes. Then we're safe through Saturday ;).

FWIW, I got $30 for Blacksite and $6 for Prey today as well as $22 for MM 08. But the thing is, do these hold after Weds?[/quote]

Actually, Octomania dropped its used price on Sunday, but not the value until Tuesday. It seems really dumb as I thought that was the whole point of TIV's dropping on Sunday (so they drop the same day as the used price).

Someone already posted that they were stickering MM 08 as $24.99, so today could probably be the last day. It's too early to call, but i'm sure if you called and asked for the used price, they'd tell you even if it wasn't in stock.

[quote name='Bezerker']Actually, Octomania dropped its used price on Sunday, but not the value until Tuesday. It seems really dumb as I thought that was the whole point of TIV's dropping on Sunday (so they drop the same day as the used price).

Someone already posted that they were stickering MM 08 as $24.99, so today could probably be the last day. It's too early to call, but i'm sure if you called and asked for the used price, they'd tell you even if it wasn't in stock.[/quote]

yeah i am hoping it drops Tuesday like octomania, so I can still flip it. I might flip somting else too so I can get 2 2gb mem sticks. BBV doesn't have 4 gb ones does it?

also a bit curious, anyone think of flipping DS/psp games. I know the flip margin might be small, but it may still be possible. I've seen a few overpriced DS games at BBV.

Last edited by a moderator:
What were the titles that dropped TIV on Sunday. It seems to me that there was only 1 title this happened to so far and everything else has been Tuesday.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']What were the titles that dropped TIV on Sunday. It seems to me that there was only 1 title this happened to so far and everything else has been Tuesday.[/quote]

Last Sunday I got a TIV over the phone for Dancing w/the Stars Wii ($30). On Monday, when I traded it in, I only got $26. IIRC, Condemned 2 and Viking (both 360) dropped on Sunday.

bread's done
Back