The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

Yes they can transfer account credit back on to your card, maybe Warner can tell you the trick.

Holy crap, the stores to my South were all completely wiped out, another 5 busts. Man this is getting to be fatwallet, deals only exist for the 1st hour then they are done.

I'd be homicidal if it wasn't for the fact that I stopped by Sears in the hope of finding Scene It, and found the motherload of clearance items 10 (Genji, NBA 08, NBA 2K8, Madden 08 wii, Tetris Evolution, Moto GP 07) games all .93 and even better a pink wireless controller for .93, and 64mb memory cards for .93. The memory cards traded for 8.80 at GS, I have a few more that will get 12$+ at my local +50% store.

And I picked up my Fable 2 Pub Games from GameCrazy who now pricematch BB + additional 5%

[quote name='stoned99']Yes they can transfer account credit back on to your card, maybe Warner can tell you the trick.

Holy crap, the stores to my South were all completely wiped out, another 5 busts. Man this is getting to be fatwallet, deals only exist for the 1st hour then they are done.

I'd be homicidal if it wasn't for the fact that I stopped by Sears in the hope of finding Scene It, and found the motherload of clearance items 10 (Genji, NBA 08, NBA 2K8, Madden 08 wii, Tetris Evolution, Moto GP 07) games all .93 and even better a pink wireless controller for .93, and 64mb memory cards for .93. The memory cards traded for 8.80 at GS, I have a few more that will get 12$+ at my local +50% store.

And I picked up my Fable 2 Pub Games from GameCrazy who now pricematch BB + additional 5%[/quote]

The 360 memory cards get $8.80 a piece???

Just a heads up, while i was trading in games to BB i started browsing around there gaming section and noticed they had a used cranium kabookii priced at $16.99. Didnt get a price check but the TIV is probably dropping to $9 in a few days.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Does anyone know if you can transfer credit that's placed onto your account back onto a giftcard? The person working today accidentally placed it onto my acoount and didn't know how to get it off.[/quote]

Just give them your membership card, then tell them you want to buy a giftcard for however much is on your account.

[quote name='Shan82']Heck yah! Then pick up live so you can get some real TF2 action!! :)[/quote]
If he wants real TF2 action he'll have to get the PC version.

Im gonna have to say no. I bought this expecting to really get into Half Life 2 and the episodes. After about 2 hours I gave up out of boredom and from dieing cheap deaths. I tried episode 1 and felt like it was more of the same. Portal and TF2 are good, but Half Life was balls IMO.

[quote name='Warner1281']Just give them your membership card, then tell them you want to buy a giftcard for however much is on your account.[/QUOTE]

I ran into that issue today. I traded in $119 worth of games, and then it dawned on me to request it be placed on a card, but the girl behind the counter told me there was no way she could do it. Aren't they supposed to put credit on cards to begin with?

[quote name='ultramanJ']I ran into that issue today. I traded in $119 worth of games, and then it dawned on me to request it be placed on a card, but the girl behind the counter told me there was no way she could do it. Aren't they supposed to put credit on cards to begin with?[/quote]

It's optional. Most clerks ask whether or not you want the credit on a value/gift card or store account. As Warner mentioned it is entire possible for someone IN THE KNOW to transfer your credit to a value card. It's not too difficult of a procedure so put your foot down and request it be done on your next visit. If the clerks are boneheads then ask the manager.

The clerks don't even have to do anything special. If they act confused on how to do it, just tell them to ignore the credit on the account. Just tell them to sell you a giftcard for "x" amount, and when they ring it up, it'll automatically deduct the amount from your credit and put it on the giftcard.

just traded 2 Bust A Move & Escape From Bug Island

and on a side note
By accident a clerk took out 3.xx from my gift\Value card and put into store credit.
Things Like These Only CAN happen @ BBvideos

dont listen to any negative comments in this thread....orange box is a must have for any 360 owner hands down...i haven't had so much fun on my 360 as i did when i played portal alone....not to mention that the half life games were kick ass having never played a half life game before.

If you're even slightly interested in the game, there's no reason at all to not buy it.

Competition sure is stiff in the Southern O.C. area. It's tough enough looking for flipping material, seems even more impossible finding a Wii fit. Guess I'll have to take someone's advice from an earlier post and just call GS in the mornings whenever I can. They probably get snatched up quickly. Anyone have luck finding them at BBV?
It astounds me one how quickly the contributing members of this thread compile such valuable info for us all. Keep up the great work. I'll try and post updates whenever I can as well.

[quote name='unforeseen']Is there an echo in here?[/quote]

Ecchooo.....Can anyone confirm the TIV???

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely.

Half Life 2 and the two episodes are among the best games ever IMO. Portal is also great. I never got around to playing TF2 before ditching it on Goozex (didn't have time for another online game on top of CoD4).

Nonametofame:

I picked up a wii fit at BBV this week - they got 2 in on Wednesday

They said I just needed to put 5 dollars down to reserve it that morning. Maybe you can ask if they'll do that. Must be somewhat common practice at this BBV, b/c one of the clerks told me she was jealous, and she was going to put $5 down for one.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='Warner1281']The clerks don't even have to do anything special. If they act confused on how to do it, just tell them to ignore the credit on the account. Just tell them to sell you a giftcard for "x" amount, and when they ring it up, it'll automatically deduct the amount from your credit and put it on the giftcard.[/QUOTE]

Warner, as an aside to this, are we 100% positive that you don't get an entry in the Wii sweepstakes if you use store credit to purchase something? I got home today and found that my local store had Burnout Paradise so I snagged it - but of course I used the store credit there. The manager thought for sure I'd get entered, but she said she would check after I said someone told me I might not be. Does it say anything on the receipt if you are entered? Is there any way to tell otherwise?

So, after scouting out the GS from the Phoenix airport I hit up a couple stores on the way home after landing. I actually didn't find that much and was somewhat disappointed that the one store in the area with an Okami had a scratched copy :cry:. But I did pick up 2 Bust-A-Move and a Rock & Roll Adventures. I'll be hitting up another store tomorrow.

For those having trouble with getting store credit on a Value or Gift card, others have covered it already, but I just wanted to add that while I was in Tucson at one store they made a mistake and put the credit on my account. Without saying a word, the manager simply transfered that balance to my Value card - took all of a minute.

I preordered a Wii Fit at my GameRush a couple weeks ago. I stopped by yesterday to see if they had finally gotten them yet and the manager on duty tells me they sold those the hour they came in. The look on my face of anger was probably really funny and my girlfriend was about to cry.

I talked to the actual manager (who runs the store) and he said he would make sure that one from the next shipment was for me. BB really pisses me off some times, but the manager is cool and he helps me out a lot.

One of the BBs I trade to absolutely refuses to put credit on a GC/VC. I only tolerate it because it is a GR. I think it depends on the SM (Warner?). I have had credit mistakenly put on my account and have had no problems getting it put on a VC. Any competent clerk should be able to do it without any problem.

I have had a hard time getting back into GS/BB flipping. I actually passed on the NCAA MM flip. This past week was the first one in a while where I have not flipped anything. I was pretty busy this Friday and Saturday since the weekends are considered "family days". I have already printed out my GS coupons and made my lists for today(Sunday). Hopefully, there are no Sunday TIV changes. Plenty of Bust-A-Move, Luxor, Code Lyoko and One Piece in my area (according to GS.com). Only 1 copy of Escape from Bug Island. :whistle2:|

ok about the contest for syphon filter, sorry that I haven't posted anything the past few days, I lost me internets for the weekend, f*cking SBC. But all is well now. So far I got 13 people in.

I'll do it tomorrow so if anyone wants in last call, post:imwithst: so I know you want in.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']ok about the contest for syphon filter, sorry that I haven't posted anything the past few days, I lost me internets for the weekend, f*cking SBC. But all is well now. So far I got 13 people in.

I'll do it tomorrow so if anyone wants in last call, post:imwithst: so I know you want in.[/quote]

So you are just pickin a random person(or 2)???

[quote name='yukafls']So you are just pickin a random person(or 2)???[/quote]

I was going to just pick one random and then have a contest for beats, but might just pick 2 since i dont want to have to do a contest, a bit too lazy.

If you guys want to do a contest that'll be fine, I just dont know if anyone is interested.

With Wii Fits still selling like hot cakes there's very little reason why I haven't gotten anyone to bite on mine yet. I guess I have no choice but to place a classified ad (or two ;\) along with the flyers. Ugh, I just hate spending that kind of money.

[quote name='Metalic']The orange box is worth it just for Portal alone.[/quote]
Definitely. Portal is awesome :D

Found 2 copies of :wii: Anubis II but all 3 stores I tried wouldn't take them (not in system). Oh well, back to GS they go, along with a :ps3: Warhawk and a :wii: DBZ: BT3 (don't get the bonus disc version, it has a different UPC from the one BB has on file)...

Our old friend Octomania is back on the list if you can find a used one at GS.
$8.99 used, trades to Blockbuster for $9 as of Saturday night.

[quote name='DAWG26']Im gonna have to say no. I bought this expecting to really get into Half Life 2 and the episodes. After about 2 hours I gave up out of boredom and from dieing cheap deaths. I tried episode 1 and felt like it was more of the same. Portal and TF2 are good, but Half Life was balls IMO.[/quote]

Cheap deaths? I'm not the best FPS player around and I'm pretty sure I got all the way through HL2 maybe dying once or twice.

I posted in the availability thread but you guys probably know more.

I am looking for one of these in SoCal at a BlockBuster Gamerush. I have enough GS credit but I'd like to flip that GS credit to BBGR and then buy one of the bundles at BBGR. Has anyone seen any of the bundles at a BBGR in the Inland Empire or Orange County areas?

[quote name='io']Warner, as an aside to this, are we 100% positive that you don't get an entry in the Wii sweepstakes if you use store credit to purchase something? I got home today and found that my local store had Burnout Paradise so I snagged it - but of course I used the store credit there. The manager thought for sure I'd get entered, but she said she would check after I said someone told me I might not be. Does it say anything on the receipt if you are entered? Is there any way to tell otherwise?

So, after scouting out the GS from the Phoenix airport I hit up a couple stores on the way home after landing. I actually didn't find that much and was somewhat disappointed that the one store in the area with an Okami had a scratched copy :cry:. But I did pick up 2 Bust-A-Move and a Rock & Roll Adventures. I'll be hitting up another store tomorrow.

For those having trouble with getting store credit on a Value or Gift card, others have covered it already, but I just wanted to add that while I was in Tucson at one store they made a mistake and put the credit on my account. Without saying a word, the manager simply transfered that balance to my Value card - took all of a minute.[/quote]

io, I really think you should get an award for the most distributed BB trading. How many states are you up to so far ?

Who's here calling BBV for TIV yesterday at Fountain Valley BBV? Can you just trust this CAG list that Io's and other put together?

This guy/girl is calling asking TIV for the same game that I'm about to trade... 5 out of 5, all on top 5 tiv ratio. Make me look suspicious.... !!!

No, don't buy it for 360. Instead buy a powerful PC (lets say something that costs $1,500) then buy the Orange Box for PC.

Has there ever been another 'perfect storm' before this past B1G1 at BB? Basically has there ever been a trade in promotion at GS while a B1G1 at BB has been going on before the 'perfect storm'? Sorry that question is quite the mouthful. I'm wondering if I should keep credit at GS or go ahead and flip while I have the opportunity. I'd hate to have all this credit sit at BB forever.

[quote name='stoned99']io, I really think you should get an award for the most distributed BB trading. How many states are you up to so far ?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I've only traded in 4 different states - though they are pretty far flung (the only neighboring ones being VA and MD).

[quote name='millerjm2']Has there ever been another 'perfect storm' before this past B1G1 at BB? Basically has there ever been a trade in promotion at GS while a B1G1 at BB has been going on before the 'perfect storm'? Sorry that question is quite the mouthful. I'm wondering if I should keep credit at GS or go ahead and flip while I have the opportunity. I'd hate to have all this credit sit at BB forever.[/QUOTE]

No. Keep in mind back during the Beowulf flip in Dec we were happy buying Halo 3 at BB and trading it to GS for only a few $ profit (like $2-$3 made on $35 spent). I would not count on another great BB->GS transfer opportunity to come along again.

[quote name='millerjm2']Has there ever been another 'perfect storm' before this past B1G1 at BB? Basically has there ever been a trade in promotion at GS while a B1G1 at BB has been going on before the 'perfect storm'? Sorry that question is quite the mouthful. I'm wondering if I should keep credit at GS or go ahead and flip while I have the opportunity. I'd hate to have all this credit sit at BB forever.[/quote]

in the 10 months i've been flipping that was the first time. we were happy losing a few dollars transferring halo 3 to GS when BBV was selling it for $45 used. i remember reading another b1g1 is happening at BBV on labor day so we might have another opportunity soon.

edit: beat by io. dang, you are on this aren't you.

[quote name='io']I would not count on another great BB->GS transfer opportunity to come along again.[/QUOTE]
Which sucks because GS has all the cool preorder stuff going on and BBV has lame framed pictures, if they get anything at all.

[quote name='milmanias']Which sucks because GS has all the cool preorder stuff going on and BBV has lame framed pictures, if they get anything at all.[/quote]

but the game shoould be all that matters getting anyway :whistle2:D

and just checked..TIV of Bug Island is still $20!

[quote name='oasisboy']No, don't buy it for 360. Instead buy a powerful PC (lets say something that costs $1,500) then buy the Orange Box for PC.[/quote]

So, you want him to buy the game and a new PC? Right. That makes sense.

Blockbuster is going to start letting you pre-order Blu-Rays. Right now its just between Iron Man and the new Indiana Jones, at $34.99... Its nice that we can pre-order blu-rays, but I wish they'd do something about the price. Even using credit, it is really hard to spend $35 on a movie.

A girl at Gamestop wouldn't let me use the coupon because i used it two days ago. Simple enough fix, I got her name and will just find out when she's not working and use it. From what I've been told, most of the people that work there think she's a bitch. Some people take their jobs way too seriously. I could see if I was buying something like Wii fit where i'd be saving $30, but i was buying a copy of Luxor, which would have been a $4 discount..

I proceeded to go across the street to the other Gamestop, and as soon as I go in the guy says "Got more coupons for us?" (but in a joking way as all the guys at that store are really nice). The store is right next to a Moviestop, so I gave all 3 employees a B1G1 any DVDs coupon for MS. If only those coupons were enough to bribe them into selling me the MGS3 Subsistence LE (complete) that they're holding for another employee, but at least I know they wont complain the next time I use coupons.

[quote name='Bezerker']Blockbuster is going to start letting you pre-order Blu-Rays. Right now its just between Iron Man and the new Indiana Jones, at $34.99... Its nice that we can pre-order blu-rays, but I wish they'd do something about the price. Even using credit, it is really hard to spend $35 on a movie.

A girl at Gamestop wouldn't let me use the coupon because i used it two days ago. Simple enough fix, I got her name and will just find out when she's not working and use it. From what I've been told, most of the people that work there think she's a bitch. Some people take their jobs way too seriously. I could see if I was buying something like Wii fit where i'd be saving $30, but i was buying a copy of Luxor, which would have been a $4 discount..

I proceeded to go across the street to the other Gamestop, and as soon as I go in the guy says "Got more coupons for us?" (but in a joking way as all the guys at that store are really nice). The store is right next to a Moviestop, so I gave all 3 employees a B1G1 any DVDs coupon for MS. If only those coupons were enough to bribe them into selling me the MGS3 Subsistence LE (complete) that they're holding for another employee, but at least I know they wont complain the next time I use coupons.[/quote]

that is pretty awesome! Im hoping to get iron man on blu-ray and possibly The Forbidden Kingdom on BR as well! I just wish they would let me pre-order box sets...Avatar Season 3 is SCREAMING MY NAMEEEE grrr

I get that you can stream stuff but is there a way to get the media onto the 360 permanently? Or would I just have to use a flash drive, and does transferring work with a flash drive even work on the 360?

The reason I was asking about the tuner card in the TV is because all the websties I have visited have said that your TV needs to have a tuner card in order to record TV.

And again, does anyone know how to set my pics from the computer as a background for the 360? Thanks for the help guys.

bread's done
Back