The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

Is Kane and Lynch still a solid flip? Also, I need BB to come up with a new promo as that's where most of my freed up credit lies. I could cancel my preorder for Fable 2 at GS, but considering I just preordered it after cancelling Too Human it might look like I was doing this just to get the free Pub games code. I don't want to look like some prick cancelling all of my preorders.

[quote name='ultramanJ']Is Kane and Lynch still a solid flip? [/QUOTE]

NO!

I specifically left it in the second post (but crossed out) so people could check and see that it is no good any more ;).

By the way, I updated that post by deleting all the (now) less than even Wii flips (but I kept anything that was positive as they may still be useful after Edge + any future coupons. Do we even still have a good 10% off anything coupon?). I also moved the coupon info from the Wii section to the PS3 section.

Someone else asked if there were any good PS2 or PSP flips. I'm sure there are but they will be hard to discover as someone would just have to stumble upon them. If you see something being sold for a lot used at BB check the GS price. The problem is, of course, they don't have much for those systems at most BB stores. Plus if they underprice one thing at BB, it is PSP games so they seem less likely. PS2 might have some hidden gems though.

[quote name='io']By the way, I updated that post by deleting all the (now) less than even Wii flips (but I kept anything that was positive as they may still be useful after Edge + any future coupons. Do we even still have a good 10% off anything coupon?). I also moved the coupon info from the Wii section to the PS3 section.[/quote]

The "EB/GS 10% off used coupon" thread was hiding on the 3rd page. Always keep some handy in your wallet! ;)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191838

Here's the :wii: list again, recalculated with only a 20% discount.

Escape from Bug Island 1.92
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 1.81
Bust a Move Bash 1.60
Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity 1.60
Luxor: Pharaoh's Challenge 1.60
One Piece Unlimited Adventure 1.60
Cranium Kabookii 1.54
Rock and Roll Adventures 1.54
Spy Game Elevator Mission 1.54
Legend of the Dragon 1.53
Alone in the Dark 1.50
Space Chimps 1.50
Monster Jam 1.39
Chicken Little: Ace in Action 1.33
Battalion Wars 2 1.30
Dancing with the Stars 1.30
Jumper 1.25
Octomania 1.25
Arctic Tale 1.25
Balls of Fury 1.25
George of the Jungle 1.25
Mini Desktop Racing 1.25
Emergency Mayhem 1.15
Target Terror 1.15
Anubis 2 1.13
Balloon Pop 1.11
Ben 10 1.11
Castle of Shikigami III 1.11
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer 1.11
Obscure: The Aftermath 1.11
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords 1.11
Showtime Boxing 1.11
Super Swing Golf Season 2 1.11
Madden 07 1.08
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith 1.07

[quote name='akokonas']i hate these stupid value cards from BB i have 5 of them in my wallet and they go in descending order. Its my own system. In a way i think its better to get each trade on a new card so that the balance never gets high on one card and puts a red flag on an employee that your just trading and racking up credit[/quote]

Ugh, yes. The BB/GR employees in this area are almost invariably suspicious if I dare to have a value card go over $100. Sometimes I feel like pointing out the fact that I just got $50-$70 from a trade with them and saying "do you REALLY think it's that hard to get $100?", but I always keep my mouth shut.

Then again, I often purchase things when I'm doing trades to keep the employees happy - found one of those Flip camcorders that had been marked down to $50 yesterday. THANK YOU to whoever posted that. My wife and I are about to get a rabbit, and this'll be the perfect gift. I can sense her desire to turn into a crazy camera-carrying pet-mama every time one of our friends photoblogs about her eight cats...

[quote name='falcon815']Then again, I often purchase things when I'm doing trades to keep the employees happy - found one of those Flip camcorders that had been marked down to $50 yesterday. THANK YOU to whoever posted that. My wife and I are about to get a rabbit, and this'll be the perfect gift. [/quote]

The rabbit gets a camera? Talk about being loaded ;-).

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']edit: also berzerker in the cards I got with my eoj at GS a while back I got those 3 cards you mentioned and some more. Where did you sell yours? I'd like to unload these for a few bucks.[/quote]

Ebay.

[quote name='Bezerker']The rabbit gets a camera? Talk about being loaded ;-).[/quote]

Heh, this is why I shouldn't post early in the morning.

Has anyone seen Wild ARMs XF at BB/GR? I'm looking at picking it up with GS credit with this week's coupon, but if it's possible to find it at GR, I'd do it there instead.

[quote name='falcon815']Ugh, yes. The BB/GR employees in this area are almost invariably suspicious if I dare to have a value card go over $100. Sometimes I feel like pointing out the fact that I just got $50-$70 from a trade with them and saying "do you REALLY think it's that hard to get $100?", but I always keep my mouth shut.

Then again, I often purchase things when I'm doing trades to keep the employees happy - found one of those Flip camcorders that had been marked down to $50 yesterday. THANK YOU to whoever posted that. My wife and I are about to get a rabbit, and this'll be the perfect gift. I can sense her desire to turn into a crazy camera-carrying pet-mama every time one of our friends photoblogs about her eight cats...[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you're talking about an actual rabbit and not the rabbit that they had on sex and the city, right? :mrgreen: dammmit :hot:

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm pretty sure you're talking about an actual rabbit and not the rabbit that they had on sex and the city, right? :mrgreen: dammmit :hot:[/quote]
This is SO off topic, but it's frickin' hilarious! :applause:

Yeah, the Sony coupon is kind of a downer in terms of flipping compared to the Nintendo one, but mostly because Nintendo (Wii) games were pretty much untouched in the past few months' mad flipping rush.

This means the Wii had more stock/variety of flippables and less games traded in the past (which would end up alerting corporate to do a price drop).

If the next coupon is a Microsoft one, that could prove very helpful.

[quote name='GuardianE']Yeah, the Sony coupon is kind of a downer in terms of flipping compared to the Nintendo one, but mostly because Nintendo (Wii) games were pretty much untouched in the past few months' mad flipping rush.

This means the Wii had more stock/variety of flippables and less games traded in the past (which would end up alerting corporate to do a price drop).

If the next coupon is a Microsoft one, that could prove very helpful.[/quote]

I will lay down my limbs to say the 360 coupon is the week of the price drop.

One possibility could be Hellboy: Science of Evil ps3. It's already dropped from 59.99 to 39.99, so at the best it would be 22.75->36, but I don't know the BB TIV

[quote name='bornrunnin31']One possibility could be Hellboy: Science of Evil ps3. It's already dropped from 59.99 to 39.99, so at the best it would be 22.75->36, but I don't know the BB TIV[/quote]

I just called and your right, Hellboy: Science of Evil has a TIV of $36 at BBV.

At least I can still do trades back to BBV even though I'm banned for trading at GS and basically looked at as a thief:roll:

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm pretty sure you're talking about an actual rabbit and not the rabbit that they had on sex and the city, right? :mrgreen: dammmit :hot:[/QUOTE]
Those things are money

Anyone know the BBV TIV of NBA Live 08 for PS3? I'm looking for games to pick up at Gamestop with the %25 off coupon and trade in at Blockbuster.

[quote name='BWar15']Anyone know the BBV TIV of NBA Live 08 for PS3? I'm looking for games to pick up at Gamestop with the %25 off coupon and trade in at Blockbuster.[/quote]

Read the last few pages...and on this one just call and post here what you find out...

Just called -
PS3 WSOP 2008 Battle for Bracelets TIV $23

just called for some tiv:

ps3: ratatouille- 11
ps3: cars: mater-national- 16
ps3: lost:via domus- 16
ps3: turok- 16
psp: metal gear acid- 3

so nothing good there

and confirmed: psp: hot pixel: 12.50

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing seems to be looking good. I think waiting til next weekend there will either be a b2g1 free at GS or 25%off 360 games seiing that we saw the WII and now the PS3 coupons go back to back just like they did last month. If i remember correctly it went 360 the first week, then WII then the ps3

I'm gonna go pick up a Blacksite, Poker 2008, and Sega Superstars Tennis today to get some extra credit. I've got plenty of cash and some GS credit to invest, so I'll do the 1.7 flips when I see my GameStop has them.

Fair warning to all those with Wii Fits to sell. The TRUs in my area got shipments of about 30 of them in each store and are posting up signs in and outside of the store. I haven't sold one yet and I'm not only pissed but growing desperate. I'm probably going to return at least half of what I have now to BBV and save the rest for last minute Christmas shoppers.

$700 - $800 Ebay MGS4 bundle here I come! :roll:

fuck.

Wii fits are too big to sell.

Mario Kart is the way to move credit to cash with no (minimal) loss.

Although Amazon is taking pre-orders today for Mario Kart Wii but that will sell out soon. Everyone seemed to get a bunch of MK today. I picked up two at GS.

[quote name='confoosious']
Mario Kart is the way to move credit to cash with no (minimal) loss.

Although Amazon is taking pre-orders today for Mario Kart Wii but that will sell out soon. Everyone seemed to get a bunch of MK today. I picked up two at GS.[/QUOTE]

See that's the thing. My BB has 2 of them in today and it would be a great way to move credit and also enter the contest. However, everyone does have them now and there are 100's (if not 1000's) of auctions for them on eBay right now. I'm seeing them go for $60 with free shipping. After fees and all that probably only means $40-$45 net. That is still a profit considering BB credit, but I'm not sure if it is worth it.

Another one to consider using are the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. They are $25 new at BB and seem to sell for about that much on eBay. I was going to get one for my son but maybe I'll buy a few extras at different stores to get entered in the Wii drawings.

[quote name='io']See that's the thing. My BB has 2 of them in today and it would be a great way to move credit and also enter the contest. However, everyone does have them now and there are 100's (if not 1000's) of auctions for them on eBay right now. I'm seeing them go for $60 with free shipping. After fees and all that probably only means $40-$45 net. That is still a profit considering BB credit, but I'm not sure if it is worth it.

Another one to consider using are the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. They are $25 new at BB and seem to sell for about that much on eBay. I was going to get one for my son but maybe I'll buy a few extras at different stores to get entered in the Wii drawings.[/QUOTE]

Post it for $68 on Amazon. You'll net $55.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Fair warning to all those with Wii Fits to sell. The TRUs in my area got shipments of about 30 of them in each store and are posting up signs in and outside of the store. I haven't sold one yet and I'm not only pissed but growing desperate. I'm probably going to return at least half of what I have now to BBV and save the rest for last minute Christmas shoppers.

$700 - $800 Ebay MGS4 bundle here I come! :roll:

fuck.[/quote]

I posted earlier last week here that Wii Fit is no longer selling like hot cakes now. I was able to move 10 within 2 weeks easily at $ 120 - $ 125 mid July. It's been hard to sell my last one for almost 3 weeks now, even at $110.

It could be too that it's toward the end of the month and people is saving money for Labor Day trip or something.

I have to check the MGS4 bundle if it's selling that much on Ebay.

EDIT: Just check on Ebay - MGS4 bundle is only at $400.

If you have an american 360, and an american xbox live account, then you move to new zealand. Will you still be able to play on xbox live? As long as your account is under an american address ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun news from Florida. I took my sister out to GS to buy her a couple of games and after the transaction I look at my edge card balance, only to find myself missing $200. fuck! So, in the midst of getting the offending store to run an investigation from Florida. Should be interesting. :bomb:

^^^ Damn, reminds me I should do an online balance check on my 8 or so Edge cards... If something was missing from one of them I might not find out for several months through normal use.

In other news, did some more trades today (nothing new to report there) and put $25 down on Dragon Quest IV as my daily contest entry ;).

When the manager is there I am going to cancel my $5 Spore Creatures preorder and redo it with $25.

I also asked if they had any Mario Super Sluggers on order - apparently they have 3 on the way but the release date in their system is Aug 29th - yep, that's right, we're back to the old Friday crap again :bomb:. Oh well, I guess I can live with that as long as they actually get it in. It will be in every other store on Tuesday though. I guess there's a chance they'll get it in their Tuesday shipment but I won't count on it.

I should have checked on Vesperia - if anyone goes in later today and wants to ask if they have that in the system I'd appreciate it. I might head to another store myself this evening so I'll check there if not.

[quote name='Warner1281']Fun news from Florida. I took my sister out to GS to buy her a couple of games and after the transaction I look at my edge card balance, only to find myself missing $200. fuck! So, in the midst of getting the offending store to run an investigation from Florida. Should be interesting. :bomb:[/quote]

Dude, That blows, it must have ruined the whole moment. Do you have multiple edge cards ?

Preorder RockBand 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour both 360 today. FaceBreaker is still absent from the system. doh!!

[quote name='io']^^^ Damn, reminds me I should do an online balance check on my 8 or so Edge cards... If something was missing from one of them I might not find out for several months through normal use.

In other news, did some more trades today (nothing new to report there) and put $25 down on Dragon Quest IV as my daily contest entry ;).

When the manager is there I am going to cancel my $5 Spore Creatures preorder and redo it with $25.

I also asked if they had any Mario Super Sluggers on order - apparently they have 3 on the way but the release date in their system is Aug 29th - yep, that's right, we're back to the old Friday crap again :bomb:. Oh well, I guess I can live with that as long as they actually get it in. It will be in every other store on Tuesday though. I guess there's a chance they'll get it in their Tuesday shipment but I won't count on it.

I should have checked on Vesperia - if anyone goes in later today and wants to ask if they have that in the system I'd appreciate it. I might head to another store myself this evening so I'll check there if not.[/quote]

I'm guessing that Mario Slugger should be a decent way to cash out. And maybe if you have a +50 GS store near by and decent way to transfer credit back to eb. Both Mario kart and smash brothers broke even during the first weeks

[quote name='Warner1281']Fun news from Florida. I took my sister out to GS to buy her a couple of games and after the transaction I look at my edge card balance, only to find myself missing $200. fuck! So, in the midst of getting the offending store to run an investigation from Florida. Should be interesting. :bomb:[/quote]

Is it an Edge card or gift card? Apparently, if you're refunding to the same GC, it override the original amount. The GC that I had was the EBgames one. I only had $ 10-ish so I didn't push the issue.

I will have to try and move some credit around tomorrow. Maybe I will pick up a Mario Kart Wii for myself also if I can find it. Not sure if I REALLY want it though, I barealy touch my Wii except for Wii Fit workouts.

[quote name='doubledown']I will have to try and move some credit around tomorrow. Maybe I will pick up a Mario Kart Wii for myself also if I can find it. Not sure if I REALLY want it though, I barealy touch my Wii except for Wii Fit workouts.[/QUOTE]

Mario Kart is easily the best game on the wii.

I'm beginning to suspect that only Nintendo knows how to program for the wii. Cause outside of boom blox, i'm hard pressed to find a third party title that's any good.

[quote name='confoosious']Mario Kart is easily the best game on the wii.

I'm beginning to suspect that only Nintendo knows how to program for the wii. Cause outside of boom blox, i'm hard pressed to find a third party title that's any good.[/QUOTE]

Me and my son have been having a blast with FF Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon. There's nothing Wii-specific about it though (no motion control whatsoever) - it's just a good solid dungeon crawler (rogue-like to be specific).

Another title that is great is Endless Ocean, but I suppose that is published by Nintendo though it doesn't seem like a Nintendo game at all. It's better (and more addictive) than I thought it would be.

As for Mario Kart, yeah, sure it is a solid game but I have not had the enthusiasm I thought I would even to complete all the races and my kids don't touch the game. When my 5 year-old picked a game to play this afternoon he chose Mario Party 5 on the ol' Gamecube ;).

Got back from Blockbuster....

Sega Superstar Tennis PS3 -->$ 20 TIV
Blacksite --> $30 TIV
Battlefield: Bad Company 360 --> $36 TIV

Blockbuster is getting the Pokemon DS, tommorow they believe, Im going to buy one and sell it

[quote name='GuardianE']Yeah, the Sony coupon is kind of a downer in terms of flipping compared to the Nintendo one, but mostly because Nintendo (Wii) games were pretty much untouched in the past few months' mad flipping rush.

If the next coupon is a Microsoft one, that could prove very helpful.[/quote]

Not to me it isn't, since the one local GS still has 2-3 copies of SST for PS3, which I believe still gets $23, right? The coupon takes it down to $9.74 or so with NO Edge discount. EDIT: I see it dropped by $3, but still, that's a bit over 100% if you use JUST the coupon.

I picked up the copy of Bust A Move Bash that I saw @ Kmart yesterday that was marked $10. It rang up $10.60 after tax. Flipped it to BBV for another $23 in fairly easy credit.

[quote name='Poor2More']Got back from Blockbuster....

Blockbuster is getting the Pokemon DS, tommorow they believe, Im going to buy one and sell it[/QUOTE]

I went to eBay to check this out. The seem to sell anywhere from $130 with free shipping to $185 with $20 shipping... Kind of strange as they are readily available at gamestop.com and probably other places as well. I'll have to think about that one. I still have a Zelda DS from last Nov that I could sell - I'll have to look into that!

Anyway, I just thought it was funny because as I was browsing eBay what do I see in the banner ad at the top? It's a Blockbuster ad touting the in store Wii giveaway! :lol:. Small world...

[quote name='io']^^^ Damn, reminds me I should do an online balance check on my 8 or so Edge cards... If something was missing from one of them I might not find out for several months through normal use.

I should have checked on Vesperia - if anyone goes in later today and wants to ask if they have that in the system I'd appreciate it. I might head to another store myself this evening so I'll check there if not.[/quote]

I actually asked them about this and they told me that they aren't taking preorders for Vesperia, so that's a no-go, as is Infinite Undiscovery. Kind of a pain, really.

Just want to point out that the TIV for Iridium Runners is $5, not $5.50 at GS, not a big difference.

On that note, I have some old PS2 games that I'm planning to trade in, does anybody know of some 1:1 BBV to GS trades when utilizing the extra 40% (5 games or more) deal at GS? I'm low on credit at GS and with no Gamerush near me, GS credit would be better. Thanks.

[quote name='JohnLa101']Just want to point out that the TIV for Iridium Runners is $5, not $5.50 at GS, not a big difference. [/QUOTE]

From the second post:
And here are a few items that can be traded back to EB/GS. Prices given are standard Blockbuster price and price at EB/GS with 10% Edge boost only. Obviously, if you can stack some other trade-in promo on top, all the better:

It is $5.50 with Edge. At this point I'm going to assume anyone serious about flipping has an Edge card.

[quote name='io']From the second post:

It is $5.50 with Edge. At this point I'm going to assume anyone serious about flipping has an Edge card.[/quote]

My bad, good catch. I actually traded in 5 games earlier so it came up as $7 with the 40% deal + edge, so didn't even notice.

[quote name='io'] At this point I'm going to assume anyone serious about flipping has an Edge card.[/quote]

:razz: Some of us are only doing this recreationally and we're not always buying the games from GS. I know I could probably get the $2 Edge card that Monkeydeew found the loophole to get(either the pdf linked in the thread or a magazine subscription card from an older issue of Game Informer has an option at the bottom for a $2 Edge card), but since I only go for the 100% + profit games to flip, I wouldn't be using it THAT often.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:razz: Some of us are only doing this recreationally and we're not always buying the games from GS. I know I could probably get the $2 Edge card that Monkeydeew found the loophole to get(either the pdf linked in the thread or a magazine subscription card from an older issue of Game Informer has an option at the bottom for a $2 Edge card), but since I only go for the 100% + profit games to flip, I wouldn't be using it THAT often.[/QUOTE]

Just get one. It will pay for itself even if you're not a "serious flipper".

I'll have to find the older magazine subscription card I had laying around here someplace, since $2 is a tolerable amount, but there's no way in hell I'm giving Gamestop $15 for a shitty magazine and their lame card unless it took 10% off EVERYTHING.

Well, it looks like my flipping days are over for now. Just tried to flip Blacksite and was told by the manager that I've hit my trade limit. I didn't even know I had one, and this was one of the stores I rarely go to. I was pretty careful too since I have like 5 BBV within a 5 mile radius of myself, and never traded in multiple copies of the same game to a store, but I guess not careful enough (no more than 4 or 5 games at most each store). The manager said she got a list from the DM without any explanations or reasons. Oh well, good while it lasted. Good luck to everybody and try not to be too over zealous cause they do keep tabs.

Put down $25 for a 360 Rock Band 2 SE today. Found out from the cashier that I'm the first at their store to enter. I didn't believe him, but he had to run into the back to get the code to punch into the computer :whistle2:k. He's keeping at the front counter now to automatically enter qualifying purchases, but apparently no one else has asked before.

Anyways...after paying off the preorder in $25 increments over the next two weeks, I would say I've got a fairly good chance at winning.

bread's done
Back