The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

I saw a couple of Wii Fits at the BBV by my hotel, I also saw that they had 360, PS3, and Wiis for sale. It was kinda weird but the people were nice.

[quote name='gunstar808']My blockbuster (GR) is having a BOGO and I'm sure there is a way to get some GS credit out of it but I'm not sure, any suggestions?

The deal is B1G1 on any 360, PS3, Wii games 59.99 and under and 2+ months old.

The same deal on used games, with the same restriction 2+ months old.

You can't mix Old+New.

For the life of me I couldn't find any obvious deals, and the only game I really wanted for myself was Burnout Paradise (29.99) but couldn't find anything to pair it with.

There are a ton of GTA4 used for 360 and are priced at $39.99. So I could get 2 for $40. Are there any trade in deals at GS to combo this with? I tried calling my GS and there were closed. I'm not really up to date on the GS trade in promos.[/quote]

What part of the island you from?

Two things of note...

1. TIVs
The Club 360 - 14
Vampire Rain 360 - 8
Picked both of those up on Sunday for 21 and change at GS.

2. I have also seen those wacky .50 TIVs here in Grand Rapids quite a few times.

Is there a way to recover any lost game save data from the hard drive? I accidentally deleted my profile and had to recover my gamertag. Now, I have several (not all) games that have had the save data deleted.

[quote name='neocisco']Need some help:

Is it possible to save a profile (gamerscore, etc.) to a memory card and transfer it to another system? If so, how?[/quote]

You can MOVE the profile to a mem card just go to the system blade and it should have a spot for memory I have did this recently when I moved my profile to the mem card so i could swap between my two xboxes saves won't go over though. One of my elites is hddless

[quote name='nietzsche74']Someone should really check the Gamestop TIV for Fear Files (360), since it's $25 used at GS while only $15 at GR. Games that GS charges $25 for have been known to sometimes get $8-$9 in credit.[/quote]

F.E.A.R. Files 360: base GS value $8

So, if done with the GS promo, it's decent at $14.99 -> $13.80 and most stores around me seem to have a handful of them. I'll probably pick up that and Bioshock to pair up with the Geometry Wars I bought yesterday. I will lose a few bucks, but I always prefer having credit at GS because there's always another flip around the corner, plus they have better pre-order bonuses.

EDIT: I went ahead and traded Geometry Wars, Bioshock, and FEAR Files from BB to GS. No drops to report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed:
Rayman2 for wii is 15 base
Metal Slug Anth for wii is 6
Shrek for wii is 4
Nights for wii is 7

360:
Tomb Raider 4
Avatar and virtua tennis 3 are 5

Virtua Fighter 5 is $14.99 at BBV and has a $9 base price ($14.90 with bonus + edge) making it a really good flip for almost even credit. Gonna pick up this (2 if I can find them) a couple Bioshocks and Metal Slugs after I make some more trades later today.

BB TIV:

Kane and Lynch PS3: 16

Saw a few at my local Target for $9.99 but decided that wasn't much of a worthwhile flip. Picked one up to keep for some stupid reason though.

Did the following flips from BB to GS, all of which are $9.99 at BB:

First value base. Second value w/edge+bonus.

Red Steel (Wii) $5 10.50
Metal Slug Anthology (Wii) x2 $6 11.60
Crash of the Titans (Wii) $6 11.60
Phantasy Star (360) $5 10.50
Lego Star Wars II (360) $7 12.70

So they're all over the 1:1 ratio. Unfortunately, I got dinged with $4 in "refurb" fees. But still ended up with $64.50 from $60 in BB credit. Using it to get RB 2 drums for 360, which I want to make sure I get just in case BB doesn't get them in on 9/14.

For anyone looking to start out with some cash -> BB credit and dont want to run up your GS options, Toys R Us is doing a B1G150% on titles $19.99 and under. Monster Jam for the 360 is $19.99 and gets $28.50 at Blockbuster. If you buy two it ends up $30 -> $57, which is not bad at all. My store had six, so maybe you guys will get lucky as well.

Onto today's BB-> GS flips (all GS values after bonus & edge)...

Bioshock: $19.99 -> $18.20
Cars Maternational: $16.99 -> $13.80
Fear Files: $14.99 -> $13.80
Juiced 2: $14.99 -> $10.50
PIrates of the Carribean: $9.99 -> $9.40
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $9.40
Spiderman FoF: $12.99 -> $10.50
Tomb Raider Legend: $9.99 -> $9.40
Tony Hawk Project 8: $9.99 -> $8.30
Tony Hawk Proving Ground: $14.99 -> $12.70
Virtua Fighter 5: $14.99 -> $14.90
WWE SvR 07: $9.99 -> $8.30

PS3
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue: $25 -> $21.50

Wii
Avatar: The Burning Earth (Wii): $9.99 -> $10.50
Sonic & The Secret Rings: $16.99 -> $11.60
Crash of the Titans: $9.99 -> $11.60 (not bad)
Red Steel: $9.99 -> $10.50
Metal Slug Anthology: $9.99 -> $11.60
Trauma Center: Second Opinion: $19.99 -> $13.20 (ouch)

Apparently my account at Gamerush has a notice saying that they need to call the district manager before accepting any trades from me. I had no problem trading at another location in the same district about 15 minutes before, so i'm hoping that this is just for that location. I am going to lay low until the weekend and i'll have my manager buddy look into it.

Other than that, its been a damn good day. I'm at around $200 BB, $200 GS, and for myself i bought: Wii Sports x2, MGS2 Substance (PS2), Psychonauts, Prey Collectors Ed (complete with huge tin and all), DBZ Burst Limit 360, and Sniper Elite (XBX - mint & complete).

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Are the Cabela games still flippable? The Wiki shows "BB price good through 8/30".[/quote]

yes they r still good. i did 5 of each today

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Are the Cabela games still flippable? The Wiki shows "BB price good through 8/30".[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MaKaVeLi42O']yes they r still good. i did 5 of each today[/QUOTE]

Until people post verified trade-in prices from Tuesday and beyond, I don't update the "good thru" price. We still aren't sure if trade-in prices drop just on Monday or on both Monday and Tuesday. Since the second post there verified the Cabela's games I'll update those to Sunday Sept. 7th. I used to put Saturday in there but the price seem to hold Sunday as well and then change Monday or Tuesday.

[quote name='Bezerker']
Apparently my account at Gamerush has a notice saying that they need to call the district manager before accepting any trades from me. I had no problem trading at another location in the same district about 15 minutes before, so i'm hoping that this is just for that location. I am going to lay low until the weekend and i'll have my manager buddy look into it.
.[/QUOTE]

See, this is why I'm sitting the meager BB->GS flipping opportunities out this time. The PMD/IR/GC flip was one thing, but these are at best break-even, so to make it worth while you have to flip back to BB and that is where I think it is a good idea to cool it for the time being. I still have a Fatal Inertia (from Best Buy) to trade in (hopefully that held!), but I think I'll stop for a few weeks after that.

[quote name='GuardianE']Is it confirmed that it must be groups of three for the bonus? Like, we can't trade in five games, right? I figured I'd ask.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I believe Bezerker made that mistake (traded 11) ;). It will leave the bonus off the cheapest ones that aren't part of a trio. So it might look like they didn't qualify (because of price) when in reality it was just because they weren't in a group of three.

[quote name='Bezerker']
Onto today's BB-> GS flips (all GS values after bonus & edge)... [/quote]

I'm curious, did you cross the bridge at all, or was all of that from Hillsborough?

Also, I have a question for anyone who might know - does the Xbox Live Arcade game compilation that came with the Xbox 360 Arcade system have a manual? I saw one at a nearby store today, but I was hesitant to get it because it had no manual, and I'm fussy about my games being complete. I'll go back and get it if it's not supposed to have one.

[quote name='io']See, this is why I'm sitting the meager BB->GS flipping opportunities out this time. The PMD/IR/GC flip was one thing, but these are at best break-even, so to make it worth while you have to flip back to BB and that is where I think it is a good idea to cool it for the time being. I still have a Fatal Inertia (from Best Buy) to trade in (hopefully that held!), but I think I'll stop for a few weeks after that.[/quote]

Fatal Inertia dropped to $25.

I'm a little pissed off, but let me just get these out of the way first...

GAMESTOP TRADES:

Armored core 4 (360): $11.60 (total)
Cabela's African Safari (360): $10.50 (total)
Tomb Raider Legend (360): $9.40 (total)
Spawn (xbox)" $1.10
Of course I was charged a $2.75 refurb fee for AC4 and Spawn (not reflected in the info I just gave)

Picked up a Cabala's Trophy Bucks and went straight to GR to trade it. I got the same asshole employee who refused to scan the Wii Dragonball Z game from last time!:wall: I asked him three times to sacan the game and HE WOULD NOT DO IT!!! As before his excuse was "we do not 'carry' it", insisting that that the computer said he couldn't take it after typing in the name. He said there were only 2 Cabala's games he was allowed to take, and NEITHER WERE THE AFRICAN SAFARI GAME I HAD THE VALUE QUOTED TO ME THE DAY BEFORE!!!!:argue:

So can anyone tell me if actually scanning the game for trade will bring up a different result than just typing the name? Or does this sound like he was just checking whether it was in their stock and not even beginning the trading process? Any help would be appreciated. I'm assuming the best thing to do would call the manager tomorrow morning...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nietzsche74']I'm a little pissed off, but let me just get these out of the way first...

Picked up a Cabala's Trophy Bucks and went straight to GR to trade it. I got the same asshole employee who refused to scan the Wii Dragonball Z game from last time!:wall: I asked him three times to sacan the game and HE WOULD NOT DO IT!!! As before his excuse was "we do not 'carry' it", insisting that that the computer said he couldn't take it after typing in the name. He said there were only 2 Cabala's games he was allowed to take, and NEITHER WERE THE AFRICAN SAFARI GAME I HAD THE VALUE QUOTED TO ME THE DAY BEFORE!!!!:argue:

So can anyone tell me if actually scanning the game for trade will bring up a different result than just typing the name? Or does this sound like he was just checking whether it was in their stock and not even beginning the trading process? Any help would be appreciated. I'm assuming the vest thing to do would call the manager tomorrow morning...[/quote]

It should give the same result, but scanning is always better since if it's typed, he could have mistype the title and it will not show up. Is this a Franchise BB or Corporate own?

here are some 360 tiv's:

space chimps $28.50
hellboy $35.00
fifa soccer 08 $28.50 (this one has dropped on gamestop.com to $27 but not instores yet, probably tommorow) so this is another good flip.

The game is in the system under Trophy Bucks. Most stores I have been to at least have the Wii version for sale(new). Had to point that out to a manager that told me the game was not in their system.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I'm a little pissed off, but let me just get these out of the way first...

GAMESTOP TRADES:

Armored core 4 (360): $11.60 (total)
Cabela's African Safari (360): $10.50 (total)
Tomb Raider Legend (360): $9.40 (total)
Spawn (xbox)" $1.10
Of course I was charged a $2.75 refurb fee for AC4 and Spawn (not reflected in the info I just gave)

So can anyone tell me if actually scanning the game for trade will bring up a different result than just typing the name? Or does this sound like he was just checking whether it was in their stock and not even beginning the trading process? Any help would be appreciated. I'm assuming the vest thing to do would call the manager tomorrow morning...[/QUOTE]

I learned something today. I traded in $50 worth of games to Gamestop today. On the same transaction I purchased Space Chimps to flip. After I had paid he showed me the disc and offered me a refund because it was in terrible condition. He said he couldn't put it on my edge card and could either give me cash or a gift card. I took the cash.

Trade-ins + purchase -> Return purchase for cash = Trade-ins for cash.

Not incredibly useful but interesting to me none the less.

[quote name='elmyra']I'm curious, did you cross the bridge at all, or was all of that from Hillsborough?

Also, I have a question for anyone who might know - does the Xbox Live Arcade game compilation that came with the Xbox 360 Arcade system have a manual? I saw one at a nearby store today, but I was hesitant to get it because it had no manual, and I'm fussy about my games being complete. I'll go back and get it if it's not supposed to have one.[/quote]

I only hit Hillsborough & Pasco. I was planning on hitting clearwater, but I spent most of the day in Brandon and didnt feel like having to come home from Clearwater during rush-hour.

And yea, I'm pretty sure the compliation came with a manual. I used to have the arcade console, but it was a few months ago.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']I learned something today. I traded in $50 worth of games to Gamestop today. On the same transaction I purchased Space Chimps to flip. After I had paid he showed me the disc and offered me a refund because it was in terrible condition. He said he couldn't put it on my edge card and could either give me cash or a gift card. I took the cash.

Trade-ins + purchase -> Return purchase for cash = Trade-ins for cash.

Not incredibly useful but interesting to me none the less.[/quote]

= fraud

[quote name='Bezerker']
[/quote]

Which region ?

[quote name='monkeydeew']= fraud[/QUOTE]

Not at all - he didn't return a clearance game at Walmart for full price. The guy simply refunded his purchase in cash instead of the same amount of credit. It is highly YMMV, of course, since in the past when I've had things like this happen they have only offered me the gift card option.

I did have a Gamecrazy clerk offer me my $5 deposit back on a game in cash the other day. I actually picked up the game but since I wanted to use a card instead of my store credit he had to refund the deposit separately. I suppose I should have taken it but I didn't bother (just told him to put it on the account).

Would just like to clarify Berzerker's post -

All TIV's are correct except Avatar for Wii - it's actually 14.99, so I lost 6 bucks twice today - which would explain why I was confused about not breaking even.

I purchased 13 games, and 10 of them I got the employee discount on from a friend, so it helped me break even in total for the trades by basically negating the tax.

[quote name='Bezerker']I only hit Hillsborough & Pasco. I was planning on hitting clearwater, but I spent most of the day in Brandon and didnt feel like having to come home from Clearwater during rush-hour.[/quote]

Ah, thanks. I've already hit a few stores down here, but I was wondering if it would be worth it to go north of St. Pete. Maybe there's still something left after all. ;)

And yea, I'm pretty sure the compliation came with a manual. I used to have the arcade console, but it was a few months ago.
Bummer. I've only seen it twice so far, and neither had a manual. Thanks again for the info.

[quote name='icyexcels']Would just like to clarify Berzerker's post -

All TIV's are correct except Avatar for Wii - it's actually 14.99, so I lost 6 bucks twice today - which would explain why I was confused about not breaking even.

I purchased 13 games, and 10 of them I got the employee discount on from a friend, so it helped me break even in total for the trades by basically negating the tax.[/quote]

Was it Avatar or Avatar: The Burning Earth? Because I made the same mistake of purchasing Avatar instead of the latter and it rang up at 14.99. It's kinda scratched anyways so I'll just return it. I also found a copy of Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 marked at 19.99 instead of 16.99 and it rang up as 19.99. Did this one go up? I know I saw one at another Blockbuster marked at 16.99 (will be heading there to pick it up tomorrow) but that would kind of suck if they raised the price of it.

[quote name='icyexcels']Would just like to clarify Berzerker's post -

All TIV's are correct except Avatar for Wii - it's actually 14.99, so I lost 6 bucks twice today - which would explain why I was confused about not breaking even.[/quote]

Avatar: THe Last Airbender is $14.99, Avatar: The Burning Earth is $9.99 your store probably had the wrong sticker on the game. Check your reciept to see if it says TLA or BE

[quote name='Bezerker']Avatar: THe Last Airbender is $14.99, Avatar: The Burning Earth is $9.99 your store probably had the wrong sticker on the game. Check your reciept to see if it says TLA or BE[/quote]

Doh, it was Last Airbender. I guess I can return it, do they just put the money on a value card/gift card? Also, does it matter which store I return it too?

[quote name='gi60']It should give the same result, but scanning is always better since if it's typed, he could have mistype the title and it will not show up. Is this a Franchise BB or Corporate own?[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to say, but I'm really not sure what to look for to determine that. Looking at an old receipt, all that I can see that might be relevant to make a determination are a Blockbuster Inc at the top, customer sevice phone # and website link, then a message about restocking fees and that "franchise restocking fees may vary."

But there are some positive developments that I shouldn't complain about: looking in the Cabela's TB box I found the free subscription card for Outdoor Life , which is good until next year; so that's..... something.:whistle2:? Plus I get to play the game itself (of which I can say that it at least looks a little better than African Safari.) And I was so pissed off walking home that I forgot to have a cigarette, so it's like I've got an extra cigarette now, too.

So is the Cabela's Trophy Bucks $22 TIV good until Sunday? I was never really clear on the exact change that was recently made regarding their TIV drop schedule.

[quote name='Nikadimas']I also found a copy of Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 marked at 19.99 instead of 16.99 and it rang up as 19.99. Did this one go up? I know I saw one at another Blockbuster marked at 16.99 (will be heading there to pick it up tomorrow) but that would kind of suck if they raised the price of it.[/quote]

I haven't seen a copy of RRR2 in the store yet, but I had a clerk look it up in the computer and he quoted me $19.99. All of the copies of the first Rayman game that I found were marked $16.99, which made me wonder if some people were getting mispriced copies of the second game.

Bought today at GR, but haven't flipped yet to GS.

3 X Metal Slug (2/3 in great shape)
2 X Gemotry wars (both in MINT condition)
1 X Trama Center: Second Opinion (anyone have recent GS TIV?)
2 X Avatar: Burning Earth (clerk accidentally gave me other avatar game in one case though? Worth taking back? Do the net the same GS TIV?)
1 X VF5 Online X360
1 X BIOSHOCK
1 X RRR2 (which rang up as $19.99. Anyone have recent GS TIV?)
1 X Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team ($20 used, thought it was the explorers of time game when I bought it... Anyone have recent GS TIV?)

1 X Pikmin 2 (complete, GREAT condition)

If anyone has recent GS TIV's for the ones questioned above I would appreciate it, otherwise I will add them tomorrow. I'm not really interested in Pikmin2, but it seems to sell well on Ebay, or I may trade it here... For $15 in GR credit, I had to pick it up.

[quote name='elmyra']I haven't seen a copy of RRR2 in the store yet, but I had a clerk look it up in the computer and he quoted me $19.99. All of the copies of the first Rayman game that I found were marked $16.99, which made me wonder if some people were getting mispriced copies of the second game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure RRR2 is $19.99. I didn't realize people were saying otherwise. I thought people were saying it was good as a $19.99 -> $15 + bonus + Edge flip. The one at my store was tagged with a late August sticker so I figured the $19.99 was correct.

sprintfinanceguy - Dude, you gotta look at the GS deal thread where nearly all of those values are listed!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195755

Pokemon MD Blue Team is only $9 at GS. Avatar TLA is $4.

[quote name='toocool17']fifa soccer 08 $28.50 (this one has dropped on gamestop.com to $27 but not instores yet, probably tommorow) so this is another good flip.[/quote]Thanks for the tip. I'm probably going to go pick it up tomorrow for 35% off to keep. Under $20 is pretty good.

[quote name='monkeydeew']he is suggesting exploitation of a loophole[/quote]
Please, just stop. Before my hatred for fourteen year olds can grow even more.

[quote name='io']
sprintfinanceguy - Dude, you gotta look at the GS deal thread where nearly all of those values are listed!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195755

Pokemon MD Blue Team is only $9 at GS. Avatar TLA is $4.[/quote]

RRR2 was listed as $16, but everyone worrying about the $16.99 or $19.99 price got me worried that the $16 wasn't good now... (otherwise it's a good flip either way).

Somehow missed Pokemon Blue (although that means I'm going to have to try and return if I can pull it off).

Trauma Second Opinion isn't listed, just New Blood.

Avatar TLA is listed as $4, but no value given for Burning Earth...

Believe me, I try to follow your threads pretty close, I use them to keep my spreadsheets up to date. You do an awesome job with all of this, and I am more than happy to utilize your efforts to the fullest. :)

Just didn't see some listed, but you will have those values tomorrow. ;)

bread's done
Back