The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='Pyramid Head']Hey folks, I have a bunch of Blockbuster coupons out of the MyCokeRewards deal, and I have a problem: none of my Blockbusters have Gamerushes attached to them. I know that stand-alone Blockbusters actually selling sealed, new games now, but I was wondering if there was a list or details on that or anything?[/quote]

Well, I believe there are some lists of avaliable new games and upcoming games on the first post...

[quote name='Pyramid Head']Hey folks, I have a bunch of Blockbuster coupons out of the MyCokeRewards deal, and I have a problem: none of my Blockbusters have Gamerushes attached to them. I know that stand-alone Blockbusters actually selling sealed, new games now, but I was wondering if there was a list or details on that or anything?[/QUOTE]

What coupons are you talking about that would apply to new game purchases? Or do you mean the $15 gift cards that they had a while back? Your post made me rush to MCR to see if there were new things up and I don't see anything besides the usual old crap :lol:.

As for what you might be able to get at a regular store, read the first post ;).

[quote name='DaDeuce']

Do you guys own your own companies where you can game at work?[/quote]

No, I work 3rd shift at a Childrens Home. We do four 10 hour shifts where we are pretty much there if the kids wake up and need anything. Our unit has 19" Dell monitors which work great with the 360 and a VGA cable. I don't see me leaving there any time soon.

As for the 360 HDD's at BBV, I've seen the 20gb and 120gb ones new at my local Gamerush. I'm not sure if the normal BBV's have them or not.

[quote name='animemaniac14']how much does an xbox live 1-year membership cost at bbv?[/quote]

They have them at MSRP, $49.99.

[quote name='ch2423']They have them at MSRP, $49.99.[/quote]

that's a pretty damn good deal..might have to pick one of those up with my credit, tho i think ill wait til GS comes out with a GOOD coupon (unless i can use that cell phone coupon i keep hearing so much about). As of now i have 3 pre-orders to fulfill (RB2, SW: FU (Wii), and Iron Man (Blu-Ray)) With less than $100 in BBV credit...so i shall have to see where im left at after paying off RB2 and FU a week from today

Now that the $15 -> $28.50 Monster Jam flip is done, it looks like the next best thing to cash in on would be Alone in the Dark (Wii) from Amazon. If you order 2 or more (or have prime) it'll be $18 -> $30.

I know this is somewhat O/T, but if you've got some GS credit left over and want to pre-order some games, check out the FYE 45% bonus thread. Everything on the flip list is 2x all the way up to 3.10x

Here are some TIVs from yesterday:

PS3
FIFA 08 $30
Resistance $16
Burnout Paradise $16
WSOP 2008 $23

Wii
Guitar Hero Aerosmith $30

Lost Odyssey $22

Wow, I cant believe nobody posted this. I was looking at the CC clearance thread and this game just stuck out to me for some reason. I look at GS website and its $50 used. I call BB and realized i found a flip better than Alone in the dark and monster jam. Can u guess what it is?

Hint: It has to do with fighting robots.....

It is...

:360: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
BB TIV: $35 http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65715

:ps3: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
BB TIV: $33 http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65720

Both are $16.96 at CC. I called two BB to confirm TIV. Havent been able to take advantage of this flip and i dont think i will be able to today. I just wanted everyone else to know. Happy Flipping Everyone :D

[quote name='whatup5']Wow, I cant believe nobody posted this. I was looking at the CC clearance thread and this game just stuck out to me for some reason. I look at GS website and its $50 used. I call BB and realized i found a flip better than Alone in the dark and monster jam. Can u guess what it is?

It is...

BB TIV: $35 http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65715

BB TIV: $33 http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65720

Both are $16.96 at CC. I called two BB to confirm TIV. Havent been able to take advantage of this flip and i dont think i will be able to today. I just wanted everyone else to know. Happy Flipping Everyone :D[/quote]

thanks for this! going to call my CC right now and see if they've got any in-stock!

Warning: In the past, I've suggested selling on Amazon to convert credit to cash, especially mario kart wii. Well, after amazon screwed me (long story but they took the buyers side and they are not paying me even though i delivered -- total fraud) be careful. This is what sucks about selling on the internet. The companies ALWAYS takes the buyers side. If you are unscrupulous, you can simply get everything for free.

I'm so pissed at this buyer. I have his address. I think I'll send him a pile of poop. Unless someone can think of a better response.

[quote name='confoosious']Warning: In the past, I've suggested selling on Amazon to convert credit to cash, especially mario kart wii. Well, after amazon screwed me (long story but they took the buyers side and they are not paying me even though i delivered -- total fraud) be careful. This is what sucks about selling on the internet. The companies ALWAYS takes the buyers side. If you are unscrupulous, you can simply get everything for free.

I'm so pissed at this buyer. I have his address. I think I'll send him a pile of poop. Unless someone can think of a better response.[/quote]

We're talking about Buying from Amazon & selling to Blockbuster...

Monster Jam 360 still gets $28.50 as of today. I picked up some more BB -> GS flips. After that whole fiasco at the GR i'm a bit more weary and tired of flipping stuff. These will probably be my last flips unless something good comes along in form of a coupon.

[quote name='Bezerker']We're talking about Buying from Amazon & selling to Blockbuster...

Monster Jam 360 still gets $28.50 as of today. I picked up some more BB -> GS flips. After that whole fiasco at the GR i'm a bit more weary and tired of flipping stuff. These will probably be my last flips unless something good comes along in form of a coupon.[/QUOTE]

My post had nothing to do with the recent thread. I was referencing an old post and a warning to others about "cashing out".

There any chance of AITD dropping on Tuesday? I might have to order a couple and go ahead and get Little Big Planet Pre ordered and paid for.

[quote name='whatup5']Wow, I cant believe nobody posted this. I was looking at the CC clearance thread and this game just stuck out to me for some reason. I look at GS website and its $50 used. I call BB and realized i found a flip better than Alone in the dark and monster jam. Can u guess what it is?

It is...

Both are $16.96 at CC. I called two BB to confirm TIV. Havent been able to take advantage of this flip and i dont think i will be able to today. I just wanted everyone else to know. Happy Flipping Everyone :D[/QUOTE]

fuck! Going to have to go check this out now....

I wonder if it's one of Gamestop's "150 games with trade values of $15 or more"?

[quote name='emg28']Thanks. I just got 2 $10 Visa Giftcards from Staples through the mail. I was looking for something to use them on.

2 DW:Gundam 360 = $33.92+tax - $20 GCs -> $70 BB credit :D[/QUOTE]

Don't :D until you actually find them...I've been to 3 CCs and haven't found one copy of either the 360 or PS3 version. Wii Alone in the dark is easier to find though.

[quote name='Link927']Well, I believe there are some lists of avaliable new games and upcoming games on the first post...[/quote]

Haha, oops, sorry. Way to make an ass out of myself. :oops:

[quote name='io']What coupons are you talking about that would apply to new game purchases? Or do you mean the $15 gift cards that they had a while back? Your post made me rush to MCR to see if there were new things up and I don't see anything besides the usual old crap :lol:[/quote]

:oops::oops::oops:

Ha, uh, sorry again... Thanks to you both, though. :D

[quote name='Pyramid Head']

:oops::oops::oops:

Ha, uh, sorry again... Thanks to you both, though. :D[/QUOTE]

I still want to know what you meant by the MCR coupons at BBV?

Just to give a bit more info, there are several other games that they sell new at regular Blockbusters that aren't listed in the OP (I only have the "clearance sale" ones and preorders in there - there are lots of other regular MSRP ones). So there's plenty to choose from if you have credit to burn.

Decent weekend;
Got nine copies of Wii Sports,
Metal Gear Solid: TS,
Pikmin 2,
Kororinpa: Marble Mania,
and an additional $12 in credit.
I'm trying to think of something else to add here and not just brag about my haul, ummmm Virtua Tennis 3 (360) is still a good flip (9.99->10.50), as is Lego Star Wars II (360) (9.99->11.60). I also found a copy of Xenosaga III for 6.99. It was mislabeled as Xenogears I and when I opened the box to check the game I found a copy of Xenosaga II. I found that exceptionally humorous.

Okay, finally traded in Trophy Bucks earlier on account of that son-of-a-bitch not being there...

Cabela's Trophy Bucks (360): $22

Came back and saw the post on DW Gundam, has some money, and ran off to follow up. Couldn't find it for either the 360 or PS3. While in the PS3 section this Mexican guy comes up to me and asks what the best game is for the PS3 (funny, I don't even own one!), then he tries to sell me a copy of MLB The Show he was carrying around in a black shopping bag for $50, or 2 games for $50, or something! And just enough times to begin to annoy me. I'll just asssume this kind of stuff always happens in the PS3 section. Anyway, ended up finding a Wii Alone in the Dark. (Also had them scan a copy of Gothic 3 I was debating about, $5.99). So ran over to a different GR to trade it:

Alone in the Dark (wii): $30

Picked up a 360 Call of Duty 2 that came complete with the Bonus DVD for $10, and a "severely mispriced" dvd of The Unforgiven special 2-disc edition for $13 (reg $24.99).

Last edited by a moderator:
:360: Rock Band (software only) - $32:wii: Mario Party 8 - $30Traded in my Rock Band disc and put $5 down on Rock Band 2. The manager was super-helpful, and told me they'd be midnight launching RB2.He also said that if it happened to come in sooner than the 14th, he'd give me a call and I'd be able to pick it up early.

[quote name='JJSP']:360: Rock Band (software only) - $32:wii: Mario Party 8 - $30Traded in my Rock Band disc and put $5 down on Rock Band 2. The manager was super-helpful, and told me they'd be midnight launching RB2.He also said that if it happened to come in sooner than the 14th, he'd give me a call and I'd be able to pick it up early.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you found out what the used price is for RB2? I'm trying to figure out if it's gonna drop tomorrow. If not, I'll call here soon, though I can see asking that being somewhat of a pain :roll:. Actually, I may head in there to preorder RB2 so maybe I can ask then - ought to be easier in person depending on who's in there working. The old GR guy will have no problem while the newbies who nearly every time I bring in a game to trade ask me to get the case behind that one (thinking I'm trying to rent it) will...

They'll take the games for $22 a piece, but I'm pretty sure they don't accept guitars.

I'm going to try and trade in Rock Band tomorrow for $32. I hope it doesn't drop until I can get it in.

Oh yeah, noticed some minor used price drops, both 360: Blue Dragon for $15, and (not sure if it's new) that silly Naruto game for $15. Also saw a NEW copy of Bully priced for $25.

Also noticed this Lord of the Rings trading card game on clearence for $3; does anyone think they'll be worth anything in the future?

OK, just popped into BBV. I preordered Rock Band 2. They do not have any of the drums on order so I'll pick those up at Gamestop I suppose.

As my luck would have it, they were doing the price drops when I was there. Rock Band 2 is still holding at $49.99 used (so the $32 trade-in ought to hold till next weekend at least).

Some notable drops on used games:

:wii:
Battalion Wars 2 $24.99
Legend of the Dragon $14.99
Mario Strikers Charged $19.99
Octomania $9.99

:360: and :ps3: Dark Sector $14.99 (I noticed this was $19.99 new also).

:ds:
Assassin's Creed $9.99

There were lots more. He actually let me look at the sheet but, well, my memory ain't what it used to be ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']:wii:
Mario Strikers Charged $19.99

There were lots more. He actually let me look at the sheet but, well, my memory ain't what it used to be ;).[/quote]

I might just pick up MSC now that its $20. Im gonna ask my local store about the price drops. There might be some good ones in there for me.

Anyways, I call up my CC to see if they have any DW:Gundam for 360 or PS3. They said they only have 1 for the 360 and the ps3 version isnt even in there system. I go to the store to get the 360 version and what do you know, they have two of them. I look in the PS3 cabinet and see 3 of those as well. I got all 5 of them and a DQM:Joker for myself (still dont know if i should keep this or not) I feel like a hoarder now though. I didnt feel like this when i bought 9 F4 from 2 TRU but that game was awful. With this game though, someone might just get a kick out of it. O well, time to trade these in.

[quote name='DaDeuce']Octomania for $9.99 used just makes me giggle[/quote]

haha i bought like 20 of those from bestbuy for $9.99 new and then traded them all to blockbuster for $23....now all the blockbusters have them used for $14.99 it makes me laugh when i go in there and see them and know that i got $23 for them and now they sell them fopr $14.99 :booty:

[quote name='MaKaVeLi42O']haha i bought like 20 of those from bestbuy for $9.99 new and then traded them all to blockbuster for $23....now all the blockbusters have them used for $14.99 it makes me laugh when i go in there and see them and know that i got $23 for them and now they sell them fopr $14.99 :booty:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well they are selling them for just $9.99 used now. I may just buy one back for the heck of it ;).

A few new games, from the collection:

Deadliest Catch 360: $35
UEFA Euro 2008: $28.50

All as of Saturday, so they may or may not have dropped.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Don't :D until you actually find them...I've been to 3 CCs and haven't found one copy of either the 360 or PS3 version. Wii Alone in the dark is easier to find though.[/quote]

Sorry I meant :whee:. ;)

I have a CC close to me that usually has alot of clearance games in stock. :whistle2:# The first CC I went to had nothing. Their game selection pretty much sucks when it comes to clearance. I just happened to pass by this CC so I decided to stop and return a copy of MLB Power Bros (picked up a used copy at GS using the coupon a while back). When I went to my favorite CC ^, I found 2 copies of DW:G 360. :D They also had 2 copies for the PS3 but I'm not really into doing cash flips right now. Maybe if the TIV holds I might do it. It would be $18.36 -> $33 (1.8). I still have 5 CCs that I have not checked but like I said I'm not really into cash flips right now.

Also, the BB where I flipped the 2nd copy of DW:G, was broken into last night. The exit door was boarded up and I asked the clerk if someone had tried to break in. She said that they had and that they had made off with alot. This BB usually had Wii Fits, Pokemon DS, GH and RB bundles in plain view behind the counter. When I looked around they were nowhere to be seen.

[quote name='whatup5']I might just pick up MSC now that its $20. Im gonna ask my local store about the price drops. There might be some good ones in there for me.

Anyways, I call up my CC to see if they have any DW:Gundam for 360 or PS3. They said they only have 1 for the 360 and the ps3 version isnt even in there system. I go to the store to get the 360 version and what do you know, they have two of them. I look in the PS3 cabinet and see 3 of those as well. I got all 5 of them and a DQM:Joker for myself (still dont know if i should keep this or not) I feel like a hoarder now though. I didnt feel like this when i bought 9 F4 from 2 TRU but that game was awful. With this game though, someone might just get a kick out of it. O well, time to trade these in.[/quote]

Wow, I have been looking for DW: Gundam from CC but my CCs have been cleaned out. If you are willing to sell/trade me one of the :360: versions let me know, but it sounds like you hit a nice vein of flips there.

Saw a copy of Lair marked $14.99 at BB. Has anyone played it with the new patch that adds analog controls? Does it improve the game at all?

Also noticed the price drops today. I went to 3 Blockbusters but only checked the prices at one (weird power outages around here) and saw a couple new possible BB->GS flips:

Sega Rally Revo 9.99
Spiderman Friend or Foe 9.99

Also saw a few of the ones io listed, I'll check other BBs for more tomorrow.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Saw a copy of Lair marked $14.99 at BB. Has anyone played it with the new patch that adds analog controls? Does it improve the game at all?[/quote]
No, not even for $15, not even for the cost of a rental, this game is garbage.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Saw a copy of Lair marked $14.99 at BB. Has anyone played it with the new patch that adds analog controls? Does it improve the game at all?[/quote]

It's more playable after the patch, but I'd definitely rent it if you were still curious after the not-so-positive reviews. Lair's not the worst game I've ever played on the PS3 though, that honor belongs to Sonic the Hedgehog (shoulda definitely listened to the reviews on that one).

Nice to hear about Spiderman. I'll probably grab it at the next B1G1 free. Speaking of which, when are those normally? Will there be one during the Christmas season?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Nice to hear about Spiderman. I'll probably grab it at the next B1G1 free. Speaking of which, when are those normally? Will there be one during the Christmas season?[/quote]

Usually just during summer but I'm praying for one sooner (even though ive cleaned out 20 BBVs of just about everything good. :lol:

Sunday TIVs:

:ps3:
FIFA 08 - $30
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 - $26
Rock Band - $26
WSOP 2008: BftB - $23

:360:
Cabela's BGH - $22
Cabela's TB - $22
FIFA 08 - $28.50
SST - $19

BTW, NASCAR 08 for :ps3: and :360: is a bad flip. Purchase price at GS after 30% off (20% off cell phone coupon & Edge) is $17.49 + tax. TIV is a few bucks less than that. Good thing I can return them to GS. ;)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']has anyone seen their BBV's restocked any time recently with the FRAMED Artwork of the Joker - Why So Serious poster?[/quote]

From what I remember reading, it was a one time thing, so once they're gone, they're gone.

bread's done
Back