The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='icyjones']just to let anyone know,
Guitar Hero III (ps2): $19

this is seven more dollars than gamestop.[/quote]

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I just remembered I have this for the PS2 and 360, so I'll trade that one in when I go to pick up RB2.

Does anyone know the TIV for Pokemon Diamond? :whistle2:#

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']

Does anyone know the TIV for Pokemon Diamond? :whistle2:#[/quote]

Not for GR/BB, but suprisingly GS gives $20 for Pearl so I assume it's the same for Diamond.

Secondspin.com gives you the TIV's for FYE, Wherehouse & any other Transworld owned store. Add 25% onto the value on Secondspin if you want credit or 45% if you plan on pre-ordering a game.

Just came back from BBV

AITD - 30
Destroy All Humans:BWE - 23
Death Jr.:SOE - 23

Going to try to hit up another circuit city in the area see if I can find a DW:G or another AITD.

Edit: All were clearance at CC for 16.96.

Does anyone know if I can swap a 360 120 GB hard drive into the casing for a 20 GB hard drive? I jumped on the Hot Topic deal, and want my hard drive to match (but I'm definitely not downgrading on space)
I've heard it should work since they're both 360 hard drives. Is it as easy as just opening up the case and swapping?

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Is there a website where you can plug in a games name and get TIVs. i do not want to carry 17 games to eb or blockbuster to get 50.00[/quote]

eStarland.com gives TiVs on their site. Here's what I found on 8/27:

base gs $ -> eStarland TiV

PS2
Sunny Garcia Surfing - $3.99 -> $15
Stunt GP - $1.99 -> $7
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner - $8.99 -> $18
Tsugunai: The Atonement - $3.99 -> $9
World of Outlaws - $14.99 -> $20
Gradius III & IV - $7.99 -> $10.50
Klonoa 2 - $7.99 -> $12
Culdcept - $6.99 -> $12
Kuon - $6.99 -> $9.10

Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon - $4.99 -> $8
Mega Man X7 - $4.99 -> $7
Freestyle Metal X - $4.99 -> $7
The Guy Game - $14.99 -> $18
Steambot Chronicles - $7.99 -> $10

PS3
Condemned 2: Bloodshot - $17.99 -> $24

XBOX
Playboy Mansion - $7.99 -> $15
Tomb Raider Legend - $6.49 -> $8
Xbox Music Mixer - $1.99 -> $6 (must be complete)
Knights Apprentice - $4.99 -> $6.50

Condemned 2: Bloodshot - $17.99 -> $22

... and interestingly...

Sneak King - $0.49 -> $2.00

Remember that eStarland takes off 25% for no manual and will not accept disc-only. Also, eStarland does offer a cashout option for 75% of your total credit.

They also pay for shipping if the trade in value is $100 or more.

Also, TiVs for today:

Alone in the Dark (Wii) - $30
Dynasty Warriors Gundam (360) - $35

I sense a banning in my future @ Blockbuster, since I was out with a friend today and I cleaned out the other two copies of DW: G for PS3 that I left behind yesterday.

I then proceeded to trade in both of them to another store I opened a trade account with a month or so ago(after listening to a tirade about how 'games rot yer mind' from the store manager and how he refused to let his kids play them), after trading in a single copy of the game for both 360 and PS3 at my closest store LAST night.

So, four copies of one game in two days, with $134 in credit for about $72 out of pocket.

I think I'm done for now with flipping. Well, unless I check out the next closest CC and found 4-5 copies of DW: Gundam for 360 before the value drops.

Also, wtfh is AITD?

Hey all,

I'm looking to integrate my 360 with my existing computer gear rather than use a SDTV and its speakers.

I wish to connect my 360 to my speakers (z-5500's with dolby decoders), and my 22in viewsonic widescreen lcd monitor.

Google searching has revealed that I will need an optical audio cable (possibly called toslink) to connect my speakers. The question is, I don't see where the plugin for this cable is on the 360, unless its that little black square on the back of the video cable.

This could potentially cause a problem, but I have another question first.

My second question, is of the DVI-HDMI cable. I have seen that the offical xbox one costs about 40$. However, looking at monoprice, I see that there appear to be different qualities of DVI-HDMI cable.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10231

I'm not sure what it means, but they are categorized by AWG #. Apparently the lower the AWG the better.

So, what do I need to connect my monitor to my 360?

Getting back to the earlier problem. If that black hole on the back of the video cable is indeed where I would need to plugin the optical audio cable, this would be a problem, as I would be replacing that cable with one of these cheaper ones which may or may not have a place for the optical audio.

So, what do I need in order to get both my monitor and my speaker hooked up to my 360?

Hope someone can help/has done this themselves, thanks.

I know the store I work at got in the psn cards, 4000 xbl point cards, 1200 xbl point cards, 3 moth xbl cards and 12+1 month xbl cards.

the psn cards are in at most blockbusters as we received them in our shipments this week....but one major problem. a LOT of stores don't have the proper revenue code attached to the cards and therefore when you try to sell them it wont ring up and it says call computer support. i sat on hold with the bastards for 3 hours tonight only to have them tell me that they are sending an updated out to all POS systems on the 15th of this month and we wont be able to sell them until then. this could be a local (central PA) problem or a corporate wide problem the computer tech couldn't tell me for sure. so good luck trying to buy the PSN cards. hopefully it works for everyone but for you central PAers you may have some problems.

I've already found the answers, but for anyone wondering how to do this themselves...

Step 1: Purchase a cheap ass HDMI to DVI cable.
Step 2: Purchase a cheap ass optical audio cable.
Step 3: Use the fatty a/v cable (the one with component and RCA jacks and the toggle switch).
Step 4: Remove the plastic casing around the fatty a/v cable. (pry off with screw driver)
Step 5: Plug in both your hdmi and your a/v cable and connect your optical audio cable to your speakers/the port on the a/v cable.

and thats it!

[quote name='DarthPuma']Does Blockbuster take instruments? I was thinking about dumping guitar hero 2/3 for PS2/360 to get some credit for RB2 and drums.[/quote]

no they dont. the only store i found takes these is game crazy. i traded my RB1 drums and wired guitar there about 3 months ago. forget how much i got but it wasnt a lot.

i went today looking for some gs flips and asked about the psn cards. the manager said they got them in, but couldn't sell them till next week. most likely its the same problem so this may be a corporate thing.

[quote name='cg1407']the psn cards are in at most blockbusters as we received them in our shipments this week....but one major problem. a LOT of stores don't have the proper revenue code attached to the cards and therefore when you try to sell them it wont ring up and it says call computer support. i sat on hold with the bastards for 3 hours tonight only to have them tell me that they are sending an updated out to all POS systems on the 15th of this month and we wont be able to sell them until then. this could be a local (central PA) problem or a corporate wide problem the computer tech couldn't tell me for sure. so good luck trying to buy the PSN cards. hopefully it works for everyone but for you central PAers you may have some problems.[/quote]

LA stores have them now but can't sell for the same reason. I can wait :)

Looks like Alone in the Dark for wii is pretty much the only "really worthwhile" flip. 24.99 +30% off with cell coupon and edge that trades into 30 is enough to get me little big planet. Then I'll be good until the next round of 25% off coupons come around.

Does Blockbuster accept trades for games without cases? I just bought the Clearanced Collector's Edition of Madden 09 for the PS3 and want to trade in the NFL Head Coach 09 that comes with it. Also, Does anyone know the trade in value of the game??

[quote name='illpleasa']Does Blockbuster accept trades for games without cases? I just bought the Clearanced Collector's Edition of Madden 09 for the PS3 and want to trade in the NFL Head Coach 09 that comes with it. Also, Does anyone know the trade in value of the game??[/quote]
VERY YMMV based on what others have said. I've only traded complete games so you can try, but don't expect anything out of it.

[quote name='illpleasa']Does Blockbuster accept trades for games without cases? I just bought the Clearanced Collector's Edition of Madden 09 for the PS3 and want to trade in the NFL Head Coach 09 that comes with it. Also, Does anyone know the trade in value of the game??[/quote]

Also good luck trying to trade Head Coach to BB... When I was up there the other day I tried to get a quote and that game is not in the system.

[quote name='JAR']eStarland.com gives TiVs on their site. Here's what I found on 8/27:

base gs $ -> eStarland TiV

PS2
Sunny Garcia Surfing - $3.99 -> $15
Stunt GP - $1.99 -> $7
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner - $8.99 -> $18
Tsugunai: The Atonement - $3.99 -> $9
World of Outlaws - $14.99 -> $20
Gradius III & IV - $7.99 -> $10.50
Klonoa 2 - $7.99 -> $12
Culdcept - $6.99 -> $12
Kuon - $6.99 -> $9.10

Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon - $4.99 -> $8
Mega Man X7 - $4.99 -> $7
Freestyle Metal X - $4.99 -> $7
The Guy Game - $14.99 -> $18
Steambot Chronicles - $7.99 -> $10

PS3
Condemned 2: Bloodshot - $17.99 -> $24

XBOX
Playboy Mansion - $7.99 -> $15
Tomb Raider Legend - $6.49 -> $8
Xbox Music Mixer - $1.99 -> $6 (must be complete)
Knights Apprentice - $4.99 -> $6.50

Condemned 2: Bloodshot - $17.99 -> $22

... and interestingly...

Sneak King - $0.49 -> $2.00

Remember that eStarland takes off 25% for no manual and will not accept disc-only. Also, eStarland does offer a cashout option for 75% of your total credit.

They also pay for shipping if the trade in value is $100 or more.

Also, TiVs for today:

Alone in the Dark (Wii) - $30
Dynasty Warriors Gundam (360) - $35[/quote]

Jeez Jar, you just know all of the good TIV's dont ya ;-).

Alright so I want to pick up a PS3 this weekend and need to transfer my last 90 of GS credit to GR. It sounds like the easiest would just be Cabela's, AITD, and the DW:Gundams. Are there any other suggestions?

[quote name='mvp828']Alright so I want to pick up a PS3 this weekend and need to transfer my last 90 of GS credit to GR. It sounds like the easiest would just be Cabela's, AITD, and the DW:Gundams. Are there any other suggestions?[/quote]

Wait till this evening when we find out what the GS coupon is. If it's a good coupon and we find some flips, you could do better.

Good point. I will probably pick up a few before I head back to my hometown. I get two very different markets to work from. At home GSs get raped for the most part, but at school it is pretty much a buffet of whatever I want. And there is only one GR within a half hour while at school and it is franchise and doesn't do trades.

[quote name='Bezerker']Jeez Jar, you just know all of the good TIV's dont ya ;-).[/quote]

It's the only way I have to stretch my video game dollars :).

Besides, most of the time I can't take advantage of trade deals, so maybe if I post what I know someone else will be able to.

has anyone seen the new 80gb ps3 at bbv? i have't seen it and everytime i asked they are like, we already have them -_- but they don't cuz its the mgs bundle. anyone else seen it at theirs?

[quote name='JAR']It's the only way I have to stretch my video game dollars :).

Besides, most of the time I can't take advantage of trade deals, so maybe if I post what I know someone else will be able to.[/quote]

Only problem is that I've heard that EStarland is as picky about condition as FYE/Transworld, which is not good for some folks. For me though, it's perfect, since I keep my discs in pristine shape.

This weeks gamestop coupon is 25% bonus on 2 trades for ds and psp. Should allow for even conversion of the PMD DS games back to GS, otherwise it seems to suck.

[quote name='xdl']This weeks gamestop coupon is 25% bonus on 2 trades for ds and psp. Should allow for even conversion of the PMD DS games back to GS, otherwise it seems to suck.[/quote

Are you guys buying these(PMD) new or used from BB ? I have not seen these used, just new and there were priced at 30.00. What am I missing ?

ouch. i just traded 2 sets of PMD with the 20% powertrade plus 10% edge. I lost $1 per game. oh well. Ps3 owners of rock band can now trade in rock band, we finally got the transfer feature and also the patch for GH/RB guitar compatibility.

Miller they're $25 new. Easy way to convert 1:1 back to GS

[quote name='Bioshocked360']What is PMD?[/quote]

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon...took me a while to figure that out when I first heard it a few weeks ago.

Using the Cellfire coupon and Edge, you can get a 40% bonus when you trade 2 games. That makes it ideal for trading in a pair of PMDs. You get $28 per game this way.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, either Time or Darkness should be $24.99 new at Blockbuster. With this coupon and Edge, will get $27 at Gamestop.

*edit* That was a lot of quick replies. And I was referring to the new Gamestop coupon starting tomorrow.

[quote name='asthmatic']ouch. i just traded 2 sets of PMD with the 20% powertrade plus 10% edge. I lost $1 per game. oh well. Ps3 owners of rock band can now trade in rock band, we finally got the transfer feature and also the patch for GH/RB guitar compatibility.

Miller they're $25 new. Easy way to convert 1:1 back to GS[/quote]

thanks.

Hey silly question, but Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Time and Darkness the same game or different games? I think they both came out on the same day and the have the same rating by gamespot.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Only problem is that I've heard that EStarland is as picky about condition as FYE/Transworld, which is not good for some folks. For me though, it's perfect, since I keep my discs in pristine shape.[/quote]

IAmTheCheapestGamer is right about the pickiness.

eStarland does give prorated TiV rates for no manual, no artwork, though (usually 25% less for each one missing). Conversely, their 'buy used' prices are also prorated in that way.

I don't know if Blockbuster/GameRush would prorate TiVs or used prices since AFAIK most of their used stock are converted rentals and most people trade games to BB/GR complete.

[quote name='illpleasa']can you trade in 2 of the same games at the same time? Or do they not allow that ?[/quote]

It's YMMV on that, since some stores may not take in two of the same title on the same day. However, I found two local stores which let me trade in 4 of the same title within 2 days(and more if I can get to the other local CC and they have MORE copies of the same game before the value drops).

[quote name='jmiller']Hey silly question, but Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Time and Darkness the same game or different games? I think they both came out on the same day and the have the same rating by gamespot.[/QUOTE]

I looked into this because after playing Chocobo's Dungeon on the Wii my son wanted one of these PMD games. From what I can tell the two games are identical except that each one has an exclusive Pokemon that you can only find in that game (out of the many that are included). So, really, no difference.

bread's done
Back