The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='cg1407']
I'm just imagining the potential of another "Fantastic Four" flip and turning around and getting restaurant and store gift cards. It saves the whole..buy a (wii/wii fit/whatever) and sell that for cash step in many circumstances.[/QUOTE]

With gift cards to places like Applebees, it opens up the exciting possibility of flipping games for booze.

I'm surprised at the Nights drop because my local store is usually on top of those and I definitely saw that still tagged $14.99 today. There's actually a trio of games I can buy locally for the GS deal. I've only done one trade during the current GS promo - I feel like I'm slacking :lol:.

But I can get Sega Rally Revo, Moto GP 07, and Nights for sure... Hopefully Moto GP 07 has held. If only I had known about the Nights drop earlier I could have picked those three games up on my way out of town and traded them to the GS where I got the Rock Band 2 drums Tuesday afternoon.

Now I'm in wait and see mode on Dragon Quest IV (DS). I have it preordered at my local BB as well as at a GS store. They said they had 1 on order at my BB but it won't be here till Friday if at all. They said if it doesn't come by then, then they aren't getting it. Thing is, I want it by Saturday so I can take it on my work trip next week. BB is really pushing it with this sort of thing ;).

Some other weird goings on at my local store. They didn't have any sign of Star Wars Force Unleashed after pushing the preorders and midnight launch party (which I guess was Mon night?). They didn't have any copies for sale or rent Tues when I was in there. I wonder if anyone actually showed up Monday. I should have asked when I was there.

I did see an interesting thing though. They showed me the new MAP preorder sheet (Animal Crossing is finally official by the way) and it had a list of the numbers preordered through the week of Sept. 21st. They thought it might be for the whole region. It clearly wasn't for the store or even the district I'd imagine. Things like the RB2 and GHWT bundles were in the 100-200 range or so. But some games like Fable 2 and Fallout 3 were upwards of 3000+. I thought that was interesting - I'd be curious as to what their total preorder numbers are on some of these games. Of course I'm sure it wasn't very accurate as it had 0 shown for Animal Crossing and I preordered that last week...

[quote name='nietzsche74']Anyone left who pre-ordered The Force Unleashed and got framed artwork? I didn't get anything... forgot all about it, and the person doing the transaction seemed new. Also, there were some verbal cues that made me suspect I was the only one who pre-ordered it.

Anyway, notice Enchanted Arms (360) dropped to $10 used to purchase.[/QUOTE]

I picked up my preorder yesterday and they had the framed artwork in a pile behind the counter. It is pretty nice, but its only 8" by 91/2". I haven't played the game yet, and I heard it is very short.

Thanks,
vgc

I found 2 copies of Eye of Judgement in a store today, one was disc only (this is at a GS in a small town outside the large town I live in). The other was disc, mat, the starter deck, and all 5 elemental retail decks. They were put in to sweeten the deal by the original trader. I used the cell coupon and got both games for 17.49, traded both for $30 at BB, and now I'll ebay all the cards.

since bioshock just universally dropped in price, i'd guess the TIV at GS is going to significantly drop...so might as well mark it off the list

and i haven't been to a GS where the game actually comes with the eye toy..used that is...ill call my local one today and see if they would do it..

io - OP shows Nights $9.99 -> $12.70. I think you mean $9.99 -> $7.70. None of the other games listed have the bonus included in the total. If it does get $17.70 after the bonus, then :shock:.

Nights @ GS is 7 base + .70 edge bonus + 5 if you trade 3 next gen = 12.70
I think that's what he was getting at

[quote name='io']I did see an interesting thing though. They showed me the new MAP preorder sheet (Animal Crossing is finally official by the way) and it had a list of the numbers preordered through the week of Sept. 21st. They thought it might be for the whole region. It clearly wasn't for the store or even the district I'd imagine. Things like the RB2 and GHWT bundles were in the 100-200 range or so. But some games like Fable 2 and Fallout 3 were upwards of 3000+. I thought that was interesting - I'd be curious as to what their total preorder numbers are on some of these games. Of course I'm sure it wasn't very accurate as it had 0 shown for Animal Crossing and I preordered that last week...[/quote]

That sheet was for the entire company (US only). I don't know what the cutoff date was for those numbers (as you said, you preordered a game that showed 0). It was sent out to all the stores so that we could see what is supposed to be the major sellers and make sure we get all of our gaming customers to jump on the bandwagon. :roll:

[quote name='darthballz']TIV as of yesterday at North Babylon Blockbuster:

$35 for Rock Band (360)
$25 for Gears of War (360)[/QUOTE]

The $35 was after tax right? The base TIV should be $32.

[quote name='animemaniac14']since bioshock just universally dropped in price, i'd guess the TIV at GS is going to significantly drop...so might as well mark it off the list

and i haven't been to a GS where the game actually comes with the eye toy..used that is...ill call my local one today and see if they would do it..[/quote]

Isn't that the drop only for PC version?

I have a really huge favor to ask of any BB/GR employee... I was wondering if someone could check or post if they hear anything about when they may start carrying the new 80Gb PS3.

I have 450 in BBV credit that is nearly impossible to transfer to GS when up at school.

I also know this isn't the right place, but if a fellow CAG was able to get a BC 80gb I would be willing to pay cost in BB credit (so if you spent 450 in bb/gr credit than I would give you my credit). I would also cover shipping cost.

[quote name='Warner1281']That sheet was for the entire company (US only). I don't know what the cutoff date was for those numbers (as you said, you preordered a game that showed 0). It was sent out to all the stores so that we could see what is supposed to be the major sellers and make sure we get all of our gaming customers to jump on the bandwagon. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Wow, those numbers are pretty weak then :lol:.

There were several in single digits I believe. There were also 2 that were marked as no longer available for preorder. Those were the PS2 SE of Rock Band 2 (because they aren't making one) and some Lego Batman SE. They had 6 copies of the PS2 RB2 SE preordered to that point.

[quote name='io']Wow, those numbers are pretty weak then :lol:.

There were several in single digits I believe. There were also 2 that were marked as no longer available for preorder. Those were the PS2 SE of Rock Band 2 (because they aren't making one) and some Lego Batman SE. They had 6 copies of the PS2 RB2 SE preordered to that point.[/quote]

so there's a good chance they will have "extra" framed art for Force Unleashed...considering they are a "limited edition" of 20,000 prints.

OK....I think my gift card/credit woes are FINALLY over. I had the one clerk do a penny purchase last night on my gift card. I wake up today, to make sure my card still has the $88 on it. It now has $79 on it. WTF!?!?!?!?!

So, I call up the store, the manager just says to come in, there has been an issue with it. He starts off by apologizing to me about the situation, then says he'll 'credit $10 to my account' and we'll be square then. But then he also says for me not to touch the $10 on the account, which seemed a little off.

I had the penny purchase done over the phone, like a dummy though, which I think contributed to the credit being locked to the register and it took care of the next $9 purchase before it kicked out of the system.

Anyway, I started to say that I didn't want the $10 on my account, yadda yadda yadda and the manager starts to kinda froth at the mouth over this. Basically, he thought I was saying that I didn't trust them, etc, etc. So he seemed very angry by that point after trying his solution, he nervously brought out his own wallet and slapped $10 cash on the counter of his OWN money and said 'we're square, right?'.

I really didn't want his money, but I didn't actually want the credit on my account after all of the rigamarole lately(and namely since the credit is then 'locked' to my account and I can't spend it anywhere I want without them transferring it).

He also said something that basically accused me of being a difficult customer, which I took as an insult and why I didn't want the credit on the account as well.

Oh and on another note, they still don't know how the hell to do the PSN cards, which sucks since I wanted to kill this $79 card he gave me back with a purchase of one of those and maybe a copy of Force Unleashed(as long as the return period is like 30 days for new/sealed stuf)or a pre-order of Rise Of The Argonauts.

I have a Xbox 360 Head Set Communicator and i cant hear anything from it, when i plug it into the controller i hear that noice it makes when you plug it in but i cant hear anybody talk.

Is there anything i can do to fix it?

Dude, you gotta chill out over those things or I see a trading ban in your future ;). I would have just taken the money on the account. If you are getting one of the PSN cards there anyway (eventually) you'd use it soon enough.

[quote name='io']Dude, you gotta chill out over those things or I see a trading ban in your future ;). I would have just taken the money on the account. If you are getting one of the PSN cards there anyway (eventually) you'd use it soon enough.[/quote]

This is true, though I rarely see any decent flips worth doing as it is and after this fiasco, I think I'm done for a while now.

They actually gave me another card, which was supposed to have $79 something on it, as well as the manager's own $10 cash. I got home, checked it on the Blockbuster site and it shows the card is only worth $9.

So, back to Blockbuster I go, where the manager brought out one of the PSN cards, scanned it, swiped the card with supposedly $9 on it. The card had enough to cover the PSN card($21.20 with sales tax)and had $58 something left over on it.

So apparently, the gift card checker thing on BBV's own site is NOT as accurate as I thought it was just 24 hours ago, since this card had the correct amount on it that it was supposed to.

In the end, the manager gave me the balance of the card in CASH($58) on top of the $10 of his own from earlier, so all is finally done with THIS card.

Now I'm just wondering if my 3 other cards that I combined together with my $5.30 pre-sell deposit for Force Unleashed into one Marquee gift card is good or not.

I was tempted to have the manager check that while I was there, but I didn't wanna press my luck anymore than I already had.

I may just end up buying a DS with that card and maybe buying Rise Of The Argonauts next month to kill off the rest of my credit.

But this is a word of advice to those using the Blockbuster gift card thing on their site to not trust that balance checker, since it obviously doesn't work right 100% of the time.

[quote name='Warner1281']That sheet was for the entire company (US only). I don't know what the cutoff date was for those numbers (as you said, you preordered a game that showed 0). It was sent out to all the stores so that we could see what is supposed to be the major sellers and make sure we get all of our gaming customers to jump on the bandwagon. :roll:[/quote]

I know this is completely irrelevant, but hey Warner, would you be able to find a list of games that will be having framed art released with the game for pre-orders? I think I'm in the minority here, but I actually kinda like the framed art as a bonus.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is true, though I rarely see any decent flips worth doing as it is and after this fiasco, I think I'm done for a while now.

They actually gave me another card, which was supposed to have $79 something on it, as well as the manager's own $10 cash. I got home, checked it on the Blockbuster site and it shows the card is only worth $9.

[/quote]

WOW.. You did take the $ 10 cash from the manager's own pocket? Not sure what's the pay rate for a BBs manager, but $10 seems a lot money.

You should just leave it on your account after all the money we make from flipping and possible of banning or under the radar. And it's not really his fault either.

[quote name='macontosh2000']I have a Xbox 360 Head Set Communicator and i cant hear anything from it, when i plug it into the controller i hear that noice it makes when you plug it in but i cant hear anybody talk.

Is there anything i can do to fix it?[/QUOTE]

Check to see if it's on mute or something, or turn the volume up. To check your headset settings:

Xbox Guide (hit the 360 button on controller) -> Personal Settings -> Voice

If none of that works, it may be your headset. I know one of my friend's headset is broken. Meaning, he can talk with his microphone, but his headset part is broken (he can't hear anything).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is true, though I rarely see any decent flips worth doing as it is and after this fiasco, I think I'm done for a while now.

So, back to Blockbuster I go, where the manager brought out one of the PSN cards, scanned it, swiped the card with supposedly $9 on it. The card had enough to cover the PSN card($21.20 with sales tax)and had $58 something left over on it.

So apparently, the gift card checker thing on BBV's own site is NOT as accurate as I thought it was just 24 hours ago, since this card had the correct amount on it that it was supposed to.

In the end, the manager gave me the balance of the card in CASH($58) on top of the $10 of his own from earlier, so all is finally done with THIS card.

Now I'm just wondering if my 3 other cards that I combined together with my $5.30 pre-sell deposit for Force Unleashed into one Marquee gift card is good or not.

I was tempted to have the manager check that while I was there, but I didn't wanna press my luck anymore than I already had.

I may just end up buying a DS with that card and maybe buying Rise Of The Argonauts next month to kill off the rest of my credit.

But this is a word of advice to those using the Blockbuster gift card thing on their site to not trust that balance checker, since it obviously doesn't work right 100% of the time.[/quote]

im not sure if this is the same thing, but recently I traded in RB for RB2 and put $32 on a card...and when I went back to pay off Wii Fit and RB2, the card said it had NOTHING on it...very strange...so I lost a good bit of credit (not quite as much as you Iam) and now my goal is to REALLY build up my credit to the point of like $800 like a ton of you on here...then sit back, relax, and enjoy some more gaming

[quote name='cg1407']So I just got home from work and here's the deal on the PSN cards. They DO work now. Tax is charged on them...boo. No employee discount at all...boo. But on a brighter note and something that will probably make many CAGs happy I watched our corporate weekly message today and they said that this holiday we are going to start carrying gift cards for many places like Applebee's, etc. like some gas stations/Wal-Marts do. So your credit can be turned into things other than games! That potential has me pretty happy.[/quote]

that sounds really cool actually.... especially if they come out with gas cards lol

[quote name='animemaniac14']im not sure if this is the same thing, but recently I traded in RB for RB2 and put $32 on a card...and when I went back to pay off Wii Fit and RB2, the card said it had NOTHING on it...very strange...so I lost a good bit of credit (not quite as much as you Iam) and now my goal is to REALLY build up my credit to the point of like $800 like a ton of you on here...then sit back, relax, and enjoy some more gaming[/quote]

Did you go back to the same BB and check your in-store account? It happens to me once, and apparently the CSR put the money in the store account instead of GC.

[quote name='gi60']Did you go back to the same BB and check your in-store account? It happens to me once, and apparently the CSR put the money in the store account instead of GC.[/quote]

thats why I always ask for the receipt

[quote name='gi60']WOW.. You did take the $ 10 cash from the manager's own pocket? Not sure what's the pay rate for a BBs manager, but $10 seems a lot money.

You should just leave it on your account after all the money we make from flipping and possible of banning or under the radar. And it's not really his fault either.[/quote]

True. I felt bad about it, but after he was getting all snippy and saying how 'that card I gave you had xyz amount on it'. I don't remember the exact terminology he used, but he basically made it sound like he was doing me a favor by doing anything about this, when it's clear the damn card was messed up to begin with.

I know the card and the ancient system they use were both not his fault, but in order to make things right I just wanted to use the entire amount of credit I had on the 'bad' card and be done with it. Instead, he sent me back home with another card that came up as having $9(instead of $79) on it via Blockbuster's own online gift card balance checker.

He tried to tell me to 'come in tomorrow' and we'd take care of it, but since he was there till 6 pm today(according to what they told me Monday when I discovered the issue), I wanted to take care of it today and be done with it.

After making it seem like it was him doing me a favor and getting mad at me for wanting the full value of the card to be in one card, I just wanted out of it completely. This all came to pass because I was trying to merge 4 cards into ONE huge one, though I'm thankful I found the problem now though compared with 2-3 months from now, when they would've probably claimed(as they did yesterday) that I had 'used the card and forgot about it'.

I still have the other card for $174.30(that they combined 3 cards and my $5.30 pre order from Force Unleashed on), which I think I'm going to use VERY soon and then I'm done with them for now, since this is just bullshit. Though, I do believe their system has more to do with it than human error.

[quote name='animemaniac14']im not sure if this is the same thing, but recently I traded in RB for RB2 and put $32 on a card...and when I went back to pay off Wii Fit and RB2, the card said it had NOTHING on it...very strange...so I lost a good bit of credit (not quite as much as you Iam) and now my goal is to REALLY build up my credit to the point of like $800 like a ton of you on here...then sit back, relax, and enjoy some more gaming[/quote]

It could be that you have the same problem I did, which was that the card wouldn't work via the swipe method, but if they manually entered the card # from the back of it into the system, the credit would show up.

Was it a Popcorn/Scratch n Sniff card? I ask because BOTH of the fucked up cards I had(the original and the replacement) were the Popcorn ones and it seems kind of weird that two of the same type of card would be messed up. So maybe a whole batch of them are messed up and will only work via the manual entry method?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It could be that you have the same problem I did, which was that the card wouldn't work via the swipe method, but if they manually entered the card # from the back of it into the system, the credit would show up.

Was it a Popcorn/Scratch n Sniff card? I ask because BOTH of the fucked up cards I had(the original and the replacement) were the Popcorn ones and it seems kind of weird that two of the same type of card would be messed up. So maybe a whole batch of them are messed up and will only work via the manual entry method?[/quote]

naw it was just a reg yellow value card (the ones that can't be used online and can't be entered online to see the balance o_O)

That is why you stick to one card and one card only CheapestGamer... It's pointless spreading your credit around unless you have too much credit on one card.

[quote name='DarkRider23']That is why you stick to one card and one card only CheapestGamer... It's pointless spreading your credit around unless you have too much credit on one card.[/quote]

That's a nice thought and all, but normally I was someplace where there were some flippable games I bought and I kept my gift/value card with my credit on it at home since I feared losing one of them.

That's the main reason I was trying to get them to smush it all on ONE card finally, since I was afraid I'd be carrying one or another of the cards and lose one of them and end up losing $35-68 in one shot.

When I first started flipping, I had just had them keep the balance on my account, but every time I was at a store where I wanted to grab something, I had to have them transfer the ENTIRE balance there and then when I got home they had to transfer the balance BACK to my home store.

Believe me, I know it would've been alot easier to just have ONE card, but you don't always have that one card on you.

And for some reason, the stores I was trading into never seemed to have the 'Value' cards and always had to do them via gift cards.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
When I first started flipping, I had just had them keep the balance on my account, but every time I was at a store where I wanted to grab something, I had to have them transfer the ENTIRE balance there and then when I got home they had to transfer the balance BACK to my home store.

Believe me, I know it would've been alot easier to just have ONE card, but you don't always have that one card on you.

And for some reason, the stores I was trading into never seemed to have the 'Value' cards and always had to do them via gift cards.[/quote]

I lost a $120 card and trust me, once you lose a card once, no matter the value, you won't lose one again. Just stick to one card and put it in your wallet or something. That's what I do at least. I always carry it around with me.

I don't see why this is such a foreign concept. Keep it in your wallet. Keep your wallet on you. Don't people do that anyway? License, money, etc. hello? Seems like you're drawing 5x more attention to yourself with all this transering/multiple cards/issues/etc.

[quote name='mkernan']I don't see why this is such a foreign concept. Keep it in your wallet. Keep your wallet on you. Don't people do that anyway? License, money, etc. hello? Seems like you're drawing 5x more attention to yourself with all this transering/multiple cards/issues/etc.[/QUOTE]

I just carry 1-2 cards in my wallet, with total value around $100. I used to carry all of them until I realized that if my wallet was ever taken from me (lost, mugged, etc) I would be out all my cash, and all my $500 worth of BB credit. It all depends on how comfortable you are with carrying large amounts of store credit on you. I have no experience trying to get replacement cards, which I am figuring would take a lot of effort and hassle that may result in a "sorry, but you are SOL".

Okay so I might have a problem.

The other day I was playing NCAA Football 07 when I got a message saying my disc was dirty and kicked me back to the dashboard. I check the disc and there was one of two small knicks on the disc. Which was odd to me as I take real good care of my games.

Well tonight I was playing Force Unleashed when a cut scene started getting jumpy. I ended up taking out the disc and I noticed there was couple of scratches on the disc. Now mind you this is a Gamefly game, but I just received it in the mail today. I don't know if it got those scratches from one of the Gamefly employees handling the game or what.

And then after that, I put in Rock Band 2. On the dashboard it said "Play DVD" so I clicked on it, waited for it to load. Instead of it loading I got a white screen that told me to please insert a DVD. Well at that point eject the disc and reinserted back into the drive. And I got the same message. It took me a couple of times to get the 360 to actually read the game. And after that Rock Band worked fine. That too is a game I got from Gamefly and I've had it since yesterday and I had experienced no problems with it up until then.

I know of the 360 scratching up people's games before, but from what I read the scratches were much larger than the ones I've noticed. But then with it not being able to recognize Rock Band 2 a couple of times, I'm starting to worry. I've had my 360 for two years without a problem. Do I need to start looking into getting the 360 repaired or am I just being paranoid?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']On the dashboard it said "Play DVD" so I clicked on it, waited for it to load. Instead of it loading I got a white screen that told me to please insert a DVD. Well at that point eject the disc and reinserted back into the drive. And I got the same message. It took me a couple of times to get the 360 to actually read the game. [/quote]

That happened to me last week, and that same night I got my first RRoD.

[quote name='Rig']That happened to me last week, and that same night I got my first RRoD.[/quote]

Great, now you're going to give me nightmares of red blinking lights tonight. :cry:

I apologize in advance for being negative and rude, but is it that fucking hard to carry a card in your wallet? I've had over $1000 dollars worth of BBV and GS cards in my wallet simultainiously and I never lost a cent. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Hope you don't get banned from BBV and Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of life reading this stupid shit.

I don't know if the TIV for Luxor (Wii) held or not (someone may want to look into that but the price dropped at Gamestop and it now sells for 12.99. So with the cellfire coupon and edge you'd be looking at over 200%.

12.99->20.00 1.53
10.60->20.00 (10% + edge) 1.88
9.40->20.00 (Cellfire + edge) 2.12

Pretty good flip if you ask me.

two questions...value cards work all over even in other states right?

And if anyone knows whats the tiv of an xbox pro im finding that info outdated.

[quote name='Skelah']And if anyone knows whats the tiv of an xbox pro im finding that info outdated.[/quote]

It was $110 when I looked at the MAP printout a few days after the price drop.

bread's done
Back